• 64 results
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45251 posts) 3 years, 22 days ago

Poll: Stormcloaks Vs Imperial Legion? (37 votes)

Stormcloak 49%
Imperial Legion 51%

I know this is kind of an old question but everybody has play Skyrim by now, right?

So who do you side with Stormcloaks or the the Empire?

#1 Edited by i_like_swords (24053 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a Stormcloak. The Empire's views are just far too different for the Nords of Skyrim. The Nords should be free to make their own decisions and fight their own wars.

#2 Edited by Bruxae (18147 posts) - - Show Bio

Stormcloak by far, I dislike the Imperials with a passion.

#3 Posted by Blood_Red_Rage (513 posts) - - Show Bio

I dropped a nuke on them all.

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45251 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: I'm with the Stormcloaks also but tto play devil's advocate the Nords didn't really choose Ulfric so is he speaking for Skyrim or is he just after personal gain?

#5 Edited by silkyballfro94 (7014 posts) - - Show Bio

DAMN faithless Imperials....

#6 Edited by i_like_swords (24053 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: How is any politician put into power? They put themselves out there, and then people choose to support them. Pretty much Ulfric did. He's almost like Hitler in a way. Skyrim was in the shitter, and the Empirewas failing, so he takes a radical approach and blows away Torig, and everyone supports him.

#7 Posted by AweSam (7527 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither. I take no allegiance. I originally made an Imperial and joined the legion, but they're boring and they just serve the High Elves. Next I made a Nord and joined the Stormcloaks. I prefer using a Nord, but I don't think they even knew what they were doing. They wanted to run the Empire and Thalmor out of Skyrim, but then what? They didn't have any plans for what comes after. They don't have the man power or weaponry to invade Cyrodil and the Summerset Isle, or even to defend Skyrim from the inevitable counter attack. Just a bunch of racist, mindless, killing machines.

#8 Posted by Strigidae_23 (6336 posts) - - Show Bio
@awesam said:

Neither. I take no allegiance. I originally made an Imperial and joined the legion, but they're boring and they just serve the High Elves. Next I made a Nord and joined the Stormcloaks. I prefer using a Nord, but I don't think they even knew what they were doing. They wanted to run the Empire and Thalmor out of Skyrim, but then what? They didn't have any plans for what comes after. They don't have the man power or weaponry to invade Cyrodil and the Summerset Isle, or even to defend Skyrim from the inevitable counter attack. Just a bunch of racist, mindless, killing machines.

Quoted for some truthfulness.

#9 Posted by kgb725 (13830 posts) - - Show Bio

Stormcloaks but I wanted to kill Ulfric and take the Jagged Crown

#10 Posted by XLR87T3 (5176 posts) - - Show Bio

Akatosh and all the previous Dragonborns were pro-Empire and pro-Paarthurnaax. Screw the elves and the Nords, Imperials ftw. Also, Khajiit are physically >>> Argonians.

#11 Posted by Knightfall225 (2145 posts) - - Show Bio

Stormcloaks. Plus stormcloak outfits are awsome

#12 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (26211 posts) - - Show Bio

At first, I hated the Imperials for trying to execute me without any trial. My first instinct upon choosing which side I would fight for was the Stormcloaks, seeing as they fight for the freedom of Skyrim and how the Empire has bowed to the Aldmeri Dominion and allowing them to outlaw Talos worshipping. As soon I set foot on Windhelm, I see two Nords harassing a Dunmer woman and to threatening to break into her home and implying to rape her. She says that all the Dark Elves are mistreated while the Argonians and Khajilt aren't even allowed in the city. Turns out the Empire isn't so bad, as they are just bidding their time to take arms against the Thalmor so they need Skyrim to remain loyal. I guess I gotta go with the Imperial Legion, since I play mostly with Bretons and Dunmers, I can't imagine each siding with the Stormcloaks.

Avatar image for anywhichwaybutup
#13 Posted by AnyWhichWayButUp (850 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm racism or religious oppression? The possibilities.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
#14 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2998 posts) - - Show Bio

The Stormcloaks hew too close to Nazism for my liking. They're ungodly racist. And their actions are doing exactly what the Thalmor want.

#15 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45251 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Well Ulfric isn't a politician he's royalty, he wasn't chosen for the position he was born in to it

#16 Posted by i_like_swords (24053 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Was he? Aren't the Stormcloaks a rebellion? How are you born into that?

#17 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45251 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: they are a rebellion but Ulfric is a Jarl of a hold, that's like being a Lord

#18 Edited by Cream_God (15522 posts) - - Show Bio

bump, and Stormcloaks

#19 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (30752 posts) - - Show Bio

Imperials.

#20 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45251 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I totally changed my opinion than what I thought in this thread

#21 Posted by Penderor (5564 posts) - - Show Bio

Sons and Daughters of Skyrim.

#22 Posted by i_like_swords (24053 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm..

Neither are really right, to be honest. It's just a matter of who you prefer or agree with more. I'm kind of liking the Legion these days.

#23 Edited by Penderor (5564 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam Except that Nords are not racist.

@dragonborn_ct said:

At first, I hated the Imperials for trying to execute me without any trial. My first instinct upon choosing which side I would fight for was the Stormcloaks, seeing as they fight for the freedom of Skyrim and how the Empire has bowed to the Aldmeri Dominion and allowing them to outlaw Talos worshipping. As soon I set foot on Windhelm, I see two Nords harassing a Dunmer woman and to threatening to break into her home and implying to rape her. She says that all the Dark Elves are mistreated while the Argonians and Khajilt aren't even allowed in the city. Turns out the Empire isn't so bad, as they are just bidding their time to take arms against the Thalmor so they need Skyrim to remain loyal. I guess I gotta go with the Imperial Legion, since I play mostly with Bretons and Dunmers, I can't imagine each siding with the Stormcloaks.

Problem is, that the Nords were never given the possibility to decide the multiculturism. Elves and Imperials just decided that Skyrim has to invite anyone. You cannot blame the man or woman for dont want to let someone else into their country. Being the elf in Skyrim, is like being arabian in European country.

#24 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (30752 posts) - - Show Bio

@penderor said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

Problem is, that the Nords were never given the possibility to decide the multiculturism. Elves and Imperials just decided that Skyrim has to invite anyone. You cannot blame the man or woman for dont want to let someone else into their country. Being the elf in Skyrim, is like being arabian in European country.

They fought dominion, and lost. Without the empire, they're going to do... what?

#25 Posted by Penderor (5564 posts) - - Show Bio

@penderor said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

They fought dominion, and lost. Without the empire, they're going to do... what?

They are going to seed plants, grow a cattle, build new buildings destroyed in war, eat sweetrolls and let Dovahkiin to handle the military forces of Imperials and High Elves. So the Stormcloaks can go on the fields and to animals.

Better question is. Without the Skyrim, what is empire going to do?

#26 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (30752 posts) - - Show Bio

@penderor said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@penderor said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

They are going to seed plants, grow a cattle, build new buildings destroyed in war, eat sweetrolls and let Dovahkiin to handle the military forces of Imperials and High Elves. So the Stormcloaks can go on the fields and to animals.

They didn't really have a great place for dragonborn when they started the war... and he's certainly not going to solo the elf forces. Stormcloaks win, skyrim dies. As simple as that.

#27 Posted by Penderor (5564 posts) - - Show Bio

@penderor said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@penderor said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

They didn't really have a great place for dragonborn when they started the war... and he's certainly not going to solo the elf forces. Stormcloaks win, skyrim dies. As simple as that.

Why he should solo them? There are dragons as well and Skyrim still has an army if Thalmor starts a war. Only problem is Ulfric, mostly because he is total idiot.

#28 Posted by TheVivas (11636 posts) - - Show Bio

Stormcloaks

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
#29 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (12283 posts) - - Show Bio

I chose the imperials. It was the best move for Skyrim Imo. Also iirc the elves wanted the Stormcloaks s Skyrim would be easier to invade and conquer.

#30 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (12283 posts) - - Show Bio

@penderor said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@penderor said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@penderor said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

Why he should solo them? There are dragons as well and Skyrim still has an army if Thalmor starts a war. Only problem is Ulfric, mostly because he is total idiot.

What makes you think the dragons are going to help the Stormcloaks?? They have no stake in the war. Also Thalmor would steamroll Skyrim.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
#31 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (11026 posts) - - Show Bio

I always leaned more towards the Legion.

#32 Posted by AweSam (7527 posts) - - Show Bio

@penderor: Dragons are a problem for both sides. Skyrim suffered a lot because of the civil war, their cities and castles aren't all that impressive, they have a really weak leadership. They do have a very defensible terrain, though. All in all, Skyrim stands no chance.

#33 Edited by JediXMan (37157 posts) - - Show Bio

The Empire is the only thing standing in the way of the Aldmeri Dominion. I am absolutely loyal to the Imperial Legion.

#34 Posted by Immortal777 (9602 posts) - - Show Bio

They both decided to side with me.

#35 Posted by Penderor (5564 posts) - - Show Bio

@penderor said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@penderor said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@penderor said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

What makes you think the dragons are going to help the Stormcloaks?? They have no stake in the war. Also Thalmor would steamroll Skyrim.

Probably because dagons listens to Dragonborn. Besides, I doubt if they could choose between Thalmor and Nords, they would choose elves.

#36 Posted by Penderor (5564 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: When I played Skyrim, the Thalmor didnt seemed all that impressive to me.

#37 Posted by DarthAznable (15836 posts) - - Show Bio

Imperial Legion. The land doesn't need rebel scum. My vampire khajit will rid the land of them.

#39 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45251 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

The Empire is the only thing standing in the way of the Aldmeri Dominion. I am absolutely loyal to the Imperial Legion.

Yep. Also Ulfric is a scumbag.

#40 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45251 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45251 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by AweSam (7527 posts) - - Show Bio

@penderor: To you. I bet you could kill a dragon with a wood cutting axe. In general, they conquered Cyrodiil and Skyrim.

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
#44 Edited by Marvete_e_DCnauta (1799 posts) - - Show Bio

Imperials. Stormcolaks are bunch of racist, conservative fu*ks that don't know how much the agreement with the Aldmeri Dominion has protected Skyrim.

#45 Posted by Penderor (5564 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@penderor: To you. I bet you could kill a dragon with a wood cutting axe. In general, they conquered Cyrodiil and Skyrim.

Lore Dragonborn is like demi-god. Do you believe that Thalmors would dare to attack him after he kills Miraak?

#46 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (12283 posts) - - Show Bio

@penderor said:

@grandsymbiote94 said:

@penderor said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@penderor said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@penderor said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

Probably because dagons listens to Dragonborn. Besides, I doubt if they could choose between Thalmor and Nords, they would choose elves.

But most of them don't. DB has very little dragon allies. And again Dragons would probably try to kill both sides. The empire is the only thing stopping the Thalmor from taking over. DB isn't invincible, he can't take on a whole army especially as one as large as the Thalmors.

#47 Posted by Penderor (5564 posts) - - Show Bio

@penderor said:

@grandsymbiote94 said:

@penderor said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@penderor said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@penderor said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

But most of them don't. DB has very little dragon allies. And again Dragons would probably try to kill both sides. The empire is the only thing stopping the Thalmor from taking over. DB isn't invincible, he can't take on a whole army especially as one as large as the Thalmors.

What about the power of the cheats?

#48 Edited by GrandSymbiote94 (12283 posts) - - Show Bio

@penderor said:

@grandsymbiote94 said:

I was talking outside of game mechanics. Lol. Use mods and cheats you could probably become the emperor.

#49 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (30752 posts) - - Show Bio

@penderor said:

@grandsymbiote94 said:

I was talking outside of game mechanics. Lol. Use mods and cheats you could probably become the emperor.

Well, wouldn't that also involve the bug where dragonborn keeps dying for no reason?

#50 Edited by GrandSymbiote94 (12283 posts) - - Show Bio

@grandsymbiote94 said:

Well, wouldn't that also involve the bug where dragonborn keeps dying for no reason?

Idk I don't use mods... There's actually a mod to become emperor???