So apparently there's a women agains feminism thing.

• 177 results
Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nelomaxwell
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This intrigues me.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Incoming rustled jimmies!

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By BatWatch

Yeah, I love these.

I've seen a few man groups complain about every little random annoying feminist thing, and that tires me because it is often as bad as the feminists turning over every rock to search for something sexist, but seeing women take on the movement in clear, concise statements...that doesn't get old.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By russellmania77

Anybody wanna play some football?

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Gee, maybe it could have to do with the fact that modern feminism treats women like victims yet somehow saying they're empowered (Which is so insanely hypocritical, it's actually funny), focuses on stuff that doesn't matter in the U.S instead of REAL GLOBAL WOMEN'S RIGHTS ISSUES, it constantly make hypocritical statements, the fact that these women DON'T want to be treated like mindless drones, there is an enormous misandrist culture in feminism (While not followed by all it's still rampant...And don't even get me started on the "You can't say anything cause you're not a woman" BS), and they're complete and insulting over-simplification of the horrific crime of rape...Maybe that could have something to do with women not wanting to be feminists. And P.S, MRAs are just as bad.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

First world problems.

These girls don't understand that feminism is what allowed them the freedom to speak their mind without being killed or punished.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Actually, one of my friends kinda feels the same way. She's a married homemaker and gets tired of /some/ feminists labelling that as a bad thing. And treating her as some oppressed victim.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Good. Be a humanist instead.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First world problems.

These girls don't understand that feminism is what allowed them the freedom to speak their mind without being killed or punished.

Indeed, but these women are not against that kind of feminism. They are against MODERN feminism. And I find your comment funny as most modern tumblr feminists are preoccupied by first world problems instead of global women's rights issues.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that is what I like to see. Kudos to these women. I'm not for sexism or anything but it seems some things that people consider sexist, aren't really sexist.

I recently found out that holding a door for a woman can be considered sexist by some, or offering to carry something heavy for a woman can be sexist...lol what? That's called being polite, not sexist.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mortein

How about we all stop being feminists or masculinists and become equalists?

No Caption Provided

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: I think there are different kinds of feminism. There's the femenism that emphasizes equality, but then there's also more modern feminism, which seems to portray women as always being victims even when they're not. For example, there's the example of the femenists who get mad when a man holds a door open for them. I believe it's this kind of feminism that these women are opposing

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Cool

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shots fired.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#16 wildvine  Moderator

Everyone needs a hobby hate

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

There were blacck peoole against civil rights as well.

anyway, as a male feminist, i agree with 90% of what feminists argue, but the 10% i disagree with comes from dating.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There were blacck peoole against civil rights as well.

anyway, as a male feminist, i agree with 90% of what feminists argue, but the 10% i disagree with comes from dating.

Comparing modern/tumblr feminism to the serious black civil rights movement of the 30s-60s that tackled REAL human rights issues is one of the most disgusting, insulting, ignorant and offensive things I have ever heard.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

Ummm, feminism is about equality. There is not such thing as modern feminism, it is just spin from people that don't like the movement. Half of the girls above are saying that they are not feminists but then saying that they stand for things which feminists stand for. The other half are just confused on gender and talking about things which are not at all feminists or anti-feminist. In terms of opinions it is best to avoid extremes. I agree as a feminist that extreme feminism is ridiculous, but so too is libertarianism or christian conservatism.

By the way, anyone can make anyone a sandwich and feel good about it. I am making @wildvine a sandwich right now! PB&J! And it is not violating any kind of gender rules.

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a man, I've got a really mixed feeling about this.

On one hand, I agree that sometimes some feminist are getting too far and fall into mysandrist bulls...t, and sometimes, they try to get more than they should get to.

On another, there still many place where being a woman is seen as a weakness or a reason to get paid less. And this being a first world problem isn't true.

Most people in command in headquarter of corporation are guys, there some place in europe or america where, as a woman, you can get raped or abused on the street and nobody will react.

These girls critisize feminism as a whole, but in fact, they shoot a bullet in their own feet by doing so. Because by dividing the feminist movement, they are weakening him and fight for equality is far, very far from being won.

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why the heck are they writing crap down, when they should be making sandwiches?

But in all seriousness it's good to see some women are against the crap feminist pull.

VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortein said:

How about we all stop being feminists or masculinists and become equalists?

No Caption Provided

YOU CAN'T TAKE AWAY MY BENDING.

Anyway, I kinda understand what they're trying to say, and @spideyivydaredevilfan26 makes a good point by pointing out that modern, social media justice style feminism treats women as victims instead of empowering. The original form of feminism seems to be what these girls are advocating, whether they know it or not, which is great. I totally support equality. This weird, hard line, EVERYONE IS A VICTIM AND MEN ARE ALL SCUM form of tumblr feminism that's cropped up in recent years is a bizarre, twisted version of the original concept.

So I guess I kinda support what these chicks are saying?
I dunno. Just my scattered two cents.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: are you implying that women don't face real issues in America? I know it ain't easy being not white in America, but you should try being a woman.

The only people who are truly privileged in America are straight white men. Everyone else is a second class citizen.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#24 BumpyBoo  Moderator

"I don't need a label to define me!" she says....in a selfie holding a sign proclaiming her opinion to the rest of the world, thus labelling herself decisively as an anti-feminist.

Okay. Whatever you say, toots ;)

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It seems they're against "Feminazism" not actual Feminism.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#26 wildvine  Moderator

I'm going to clean your house later @razzatazz cause I like vacuuming. Not cause I'm a bored girl hipster raging against the machine.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591 said:

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: are you implying that women don't face real issues in America? I know it ain't easy being not white in America, but you should try being a woman.

The only people who are truly privileged in America are straight white men. Everyone else is a second class citizen.

Hahahahahaa...HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Oh, man. Saying they face issues is one thing, but SECOND CLASS CITIZEN? This isn't the 1800s, kiddo. The point I am making is that the one real issue that AMERICAN women face TODAY is job discrimination, and even that is overblown by feminists. You are comparing that to a time when black people were tortured, murdered, not allowed in a bunch of normal places just for being black. That is disgusting and actually kind of despicable, and I honestly hope you are trolling. So save me your "Second class citizen" BS.

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, feminism has gotten out of hand lately and the hashtag "#YesAllWomen" took it to another level on sexism.

I blame the people who tell there wives to make the sandwiches....*looks over at @wolverine08

Avatar image for callous_adherent
Callous_Adherent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Callous_Adherent

There are Slavic Neo-Nazis (you know, the European Ethnicity Hitler wanted Enslaved, exiled to Siberia, and slaughtered to make room for germanics?).

Your point?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

These are woman who are talking sense.

Callous_Adherent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Callous_Adherent

Also painting "Feminism" under a single brush is as dumb as painting all men with the same brush as red pill creepers.

Feminism is divided into several camps but the two big ones are Sex-negative and Sex-positive feminism.

Sex negative feminists are the second wave feminists who feel that Transexuals aren't real women, that sex objectifies women, that men are inherently evil, that having children is dehumanizing, or even that only women can love other women. They're dumb and a relic of the 70s that have yet to die out like other terrible things the 70s brought us. The standard tumblr SJW's heart is in the right place but their heads are off somewhere I'm not even sure of. I had a rabid SJW phase but now I'm more general equality.

Sex positive feminists on the other hand would like for an end to pick up artistry (because guys, it's freaking creepy and we're not equations to solve), more equal relations between men and women (including calling attention to the fact that women being seen as weak means that woman on man rape or spousal abuse is incredibly underreported), positive portrayals of sex, gender issues, and sexuality, and we love men and having sex. If you want to be a house-wife that's perfectly fine with me. Just make sure to seek help if you're abused.

We just want the end to the systematic discrimination that also affects people of colour, the LGBTQA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Questioning, Asexual) community, people of all religious beliefs or lack of thereof, and generally supports White male Christians in the current developed world.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love these women already :)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine said:

I'm going to clean your house later cause I like vacuuming. Not cause I'm a bored girl hipster raging against the machine.

Could you clean mine? xP

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo said:

"I don't need a label to define me!" she says....in a selfie holding a sign proclaiming her opinion to the rest of the world, thus labelling herself decisively as an anti-feminist.

Okay. Whatever you say, toots ;)

I love you lol

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@pyrogram: D'awww I love you too.

Also that sandwich isn't gonna make itself just saying.... :P

Callous_Adherent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would write more but I'm not sure the point I'm making is getting to anyone.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: Noooo you don't want me to make you food, I'm terrible, I'd give you food poisoning xP.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@pyrogram: No worries, it is much harder to give a veggie food poisoning ;) Sounds like you could use the practice if anything hehe, I think this could be good for you! Aw come on, what if I tell you how pretty you are? Right? *lecherous grin* :P

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@callous_adherent said:

I stopped taking the feminist side seriously when somebody compared the first world "women's rights" issues of today to the discrimination and cruelty that black people faced during the Civil Rights era.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Superguy1591

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: You know, I never actually equated women to African Americans. I'm not in the business of deciding which group suffered most; I'll leave that to you. What I said is that it's not uncommon for a group of people to have people who are against the cause.

There are blacks who were against civil rights in the mid-1900s, there were women who were campaigning against women's rights to vote in the 1920 and, as someone else has said, Russia houses the largest population of neo-Nazis even though Hitler despised them and RUSSIA defeated Hitler.

So...

And if you think women in America have it good, you're blinded by your own ignorance.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Pyrogram

@bumpyboo: You shouldn't do that. Not a lecherous grin, I'll cut myself thinking about making out with you whilst cutting an onion xP

Unless you like the taste of blood in your sandwich. haha Vampire Boo.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@pyrogram: Agh no, don't go all emo on me now LOL >:P

It wouldn't stop me eating it if that's what you're asking O_O

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feminists have been trying desperately to rebrand themselves as champions of equality, and they'll most likely succeed to a degree. The problem is in the history of feminism. Apart from radical stuff like SCUM (Society for Cutting Up Men) and the many extremists who came out of the 60's (and were either marxists or anarchists, but usually both) you had stuff from the beginning of feminism. The White Feather Campaign during WW I, and which was attempted again in WW II, is a perfect example of this. To their credit, mainstream feminists have denounced this stuff, but it's still there and SCUM is still taught in feminist literature classes. People should be equal, and that mean losing a lot of the labels that divide us, "feminist" included.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#47  Edited By Rouflex

Can i marry you? So you could make me a wonderfull sandwich! :)?

Callous_Adherent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Callous_Adherent
@spideyivydaredevilfan26 said:

@superguy1591 said:

Hahahahahaa...HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Oh, man. Saying they face issues is one thing, but SECOND CLASS CITIZEN? This isn't the 1800s, kiddo. The point I am making is that the one real issue that AMERICAN women face TODAY is job discrimination, and even that is overblown by feminists. You are comparing that to a time when black people were tortured, murdered, not allowed in a bunch of normal places just for being black. That is disgusting and actually kind of despicable, and I honestly hope you are trolling. So save me your "Second class citizen" BS.

The difficulty of sexism today is that it affects men negatively as well. The subconscious perception that women are weak and thus cannot force themselves on a man has lead to an under-reporting of woman on man rape and spousal abuse. The still extant double standard that a guy who sleeps around is considered a stud while a woman who sleeps around is considered a whore and should be shamed is odious and should be fought against (as I'm sex positive, I'd try to argue that both are studs and should be celebrated so long as everyone involve consents and the sex is safe). There is still a pay difference between genders and races.

While I find the Swedish practice of never opening doors for any other adult due to it being seen as patronizing to be silly, I am fond of Sweden's highly eglitarian nature. Both parents do and are expected to work, while the free high quality day cares take care of my four kids while I work. The kids are happy to play with their friends after their schooling and I don't need to worry about them getting into trouble while I'm away. It's not quite at the point where people don't really care about what gender you are, but the process of courtship is much more level than in America.

But hey, we legalized gay marriage in a time when the very thought sickened America to it's core. So we're generally social trendsetters. Of course before we raided Christian Europe in longboats and kicked ass all across the baltic. :P

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: You LIKE onion sandwich? That's gonna turn me emo xP

Callous_Adherent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Callous_Adherent

@spideyivydaredevilfan26 said:

@callous_adherent said:

I stopped taking the feminist side seriously when somebody compared the first world "women's rights" issues of today to the discrimination and cruelty that black people faced during the Civil Rights era.

Hitler was a vegetarian and fond of animals and children. Should we denounce vegetarianism, kind treatment of animals and children just because a very bad person supported them?

What stupid arguments or stupid people have made or argued for a position does not change the validity of the position itself.