Roger Waters or Syd Barrett

Taquie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Roger Waters or Syd Barrett (6 votes)

Roger Waters 33%
Syd Barrett 50%
Both 17%

Which member do you like the most and who is the most talented/creative?

IMO Waters is the more talented musician, amazing songwriter, great bass player & incredible singer. But Barrett is the more creative, back in the 60's when Barrett lead the band nothing sounded like it, not even anything that has came out today sounds like it.

No Caption Provided

• 
Taquie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump. No rock fans here?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a937e573d769
deactivated-5a937e573d769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roger Waters but I may not be giving Barrett a fair chance, I was never very interested in him & he's never really stood out to me for any reason.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Spambot

Could go Barrett based on him being a huge influence on both Darkside of the Moon and Shine on you crazy diamond which were largely about Barrett. So his influence on their music extended far beyond just the few albums he made with the band. Water's lyric writing style was also hugely influenced by Barrett's which was to make things very simple yet have a deeper meaning to them since once he left the band Waters took over as primary lyricist. I think if you asked this question to Roger he would say Syd though a lot of fans will say Roger.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Waters. Early Pink Floyd is interesting but not that engaging. On the other hand, I don't think PF was as good after Waters left and I liked his solo albums. Radio KAOS is lyrically very reminiscent of his PF work.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Gilmour

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted Barret.Pink Floyd would have gone even farther under his leadership if he hadn't gone crazy.Also, on a personal level,Waters is an asshole.

Infinitias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TIE. Both were incredibly important for where the band stands now. Waters is probably more talented, but Syd is more creative

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sprior93 said:

Gilmour

I got the biggest crush on you.