Pro-wrestling discussion thread

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#7851 god_spawn  Moderator

This Raw ended and to be completely honest I felt empty inside when all was said and done. Part of me really thought Bryan's retirement was going to be a work...I kept waiting for the Authority's music to hit or someone else's...just something to happen but it didn't. So tonight ended the career of arguably the most over and likable wrestler in recent history. Amongst all of the force fed bullshit and you have to like this because we said so mentality of WWE creative, Bryan was the organic superstar that broke that long and forced cycle. People just loved him too much and it wasn't hard to see why. This man made the WWE fun again...you could see his love for it and for the fans in everything he did but he couldn't stay healthy. It sucks he had to retire early but understandable in what has happened to him and what his concerns are for the future. I know he will never see this but thank you, Bryan. Thank you for the memories and everything you have done for this business and may fortune smile on you for your own future and family.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#7852 SC  Moderator

This Raw ended and to be completely honest I felt empty inside when all was said and done. Part of me really thought Bryan's retirement was going to be a work...I kept waiting for the Authority's music to hit or someone else's...just something to happen but it didn't. So tonight ended the career of arguably the most over and likable wrestler in recent history. Amongst all of the force fed bullshit and you have to like this because we said so mentality of WWE creative, Bryan was the organic superstar that broke that long and forced cycle. People just loved him too much and it wasn't hard to see why. This man made the WWE fun again...you could see his love for it and for the fans in everything he did but he couldn't stay healthy. It sucks he had to retire early but understandable in what has happened to him and what his concerns are for the future. I know he will never see this but thank you, Bryan. Thank you for the memories and everything you have done for this business and may fortune smile on you for your own future and family.

Great post and sentiment. I was hoping it was going to be a swerve as well, which also would have been annoying to me, but I would rather be annoyed at WWE for pretending he was going to retire than really sad that he actually is.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Gonna Miss Daniel Bryan... It Would Have Been Really Cool To See A Seth Rollins vs Daniel Bryan Match Up At A PPV Event.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

This is a Wrestlemania booking I put together for a forum like what WhatCulture does.

Wrestlemania 32 Booking

1. Main Event

4 Corners WWE Championship Match

Triple H © w/ Mcmahon family, HBK or Seth Rollins

Roman Reigns w/ The Rock, & John Cena

Dean Ambrose w/ Stone Cold and Daniel Bryan

Brock Lesnar w/ Heyman and Ronda Rousey

• I don’t know who I would book to win but this is would be some epic main event with everyone involved

2.Semi Main Events

Undertaker vs Kurt Angle

• Taker wins after Angle passes out from hell’s gate. Sting shows up afterwards

Sting vs Bray Wyatt

• Sting wins

ORRRRRRRRRRRRR

Undertaker, Sting, kane & Kurt Angle vs Wyatt Family

3.Triple Threat WWE Divas/Women's Championship

Sasha Banks w/ Snoop Dogg vs Charlotte © w/ Ric Flair vs Becky Lynch

- Sasha wins

4. Ryback vs Goldberg

• Ryback wins

5.Intercontinental Championship

Kevin Owens © vs AJ Styles

• AJ Styles wins after roll up

6. Stardust vs Stephen Amell

• Stardust wins

7. WWE Tag team championship

New Day © vs Enzo & Big Cass - New Day Retains

8.Opening 6 Men Ladder Match for the United States Championship

Kalisto © vs Alberto Del RIo vs Neville vs Tyler Breeze vs Dolph ZIggler vs Chris Jericho

• Jericho FINALLY wins something after Sin cara runs down to screw over Kalisto

9. Preshow 5 Way diva match

Paige vs Brie Bella vs Alicia Fox vs Natalya vs Naomi

• Naomi wins after Tamina helps

10. Preshow Battle Royal

Rusev vs Adam Rose vs Sin Cara vs Bo Dallas vs Braun Strowman (David Otuga if he’s in tag match) vs Big Show vs Bubba Ray vs Devon vs Cutis Axel vs Damien Sandow vs Darren Young vs Diego vs Fernando vs Fandango vs Godust vs R Truth vs Jack Swagger vs Mark Henry vs Kane vs Wade Barrett vs Sheamus vs Konnor vs Viktor vs Ryback vs R Truth vs Sheamus vs Miz vs jey Uso vs Jimmy Uso vs Heath Slater

~MiB

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Every time I hear the new day go on about something being booty I keep wanting someone to say....."Wait I thought black men liked booty"

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lucha Underground is better that NXT!!!

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7858  Edited By superstay

So, the empire is here to stay, eh?

d^_^b

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

d^_^b

Hes turning tweener i think

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superstay said:

d^_^b

Hes turning tweener i think

Yeah, I would expect it...

Dude's not getting over with the crowd...they hate him. I think the only hope for him would be to start moving closer to the heel side, and embracing the boos....

d^_^b

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish New Day would keep the Saiyan costumes...

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7862 SC  Moderator

Shinsuke Nakamura's NXT theme is awesome, am happy he had a great match with Zayn. I enjoyed Mania and post Mania Raw. Only criticism is that Mania's end was underwhelming. I was expecting some sort of… twist. Interference, post win beat down, Heel turn, not necessary from Reigns, just… eeyyyaahhh…

supermeatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RIP Chyna

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm done with watching wrestling after that money in the bank.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7865  Edited By Rouflex

@rouflex said:

I'm done with watching wrestling after that money in the bank.

Both Owens and Lynch deserve better than that.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7866  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

MITB was consistently solid but overall the end and the MITB match made it pretty great. My only problems were the Corbin Ziggler match being kind of slow for awhile, the AJ Styles and Cena match where AJ should have had a clean win, and the Divas match was kind of weak. Nothing else was phenomenal but matches were solid and did its job.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, I hear the entire undercard was underwhelming, with the MITB match, AJ v Cena, and Rollins v Roman being the only saving grace...

d?_?b

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MITB was consistently solid but overall the end and the MITB match made it pretty great. My only problems were the Corbin Ziggler match being kind of slow for awhile, the AJ Styles and Cena match where AJ should have had a clean win, and the Divas match was kind of weak. Nothing else was phenomenal but matches were solid and did its job.

Ziggler was working too fast for Corbin. He should have slowed down a bit. Likewise Corbin should have sped up so they met in the middle. I didn't mind Cena not losing clean, they can do a cage match or something, or maybe stretch it to HITC if they want to. Apparently the Divas match was cut short. I loved the ending, and I loved the final match, but it seemed odd how they made it a point to insist Rollins was a Heel when he returned, then have him work the babyface angle the entire match. Hopefully we can finally have Heel Reigns and Face Rollins.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7869 god_spawn  Moderator

@laflux said:
@god_spawn said:

Ziggler was working too fast for Corbin. He should have slowed down a bit. Likewise Corbin should have sped up so they met in the middle. I didn't mind Cena not losing clean, they can do a cage match or something, or maybe stretch it to HITC if they want to. Apparently the Divas match was cut short. I loved the ending, and I loved the final match, but it seemed odd how they made it a point to insist Rollins was a Heel when he returned, then have him work the babyface angle the entire match. Hopefully we can finally have Heel Reigns and Face Rollins.

I agree on a lot of that. Ziggler and Corbin I think should just be done as a feud altogether but they work decent with each other and the match had a couple good spots. Corbin also had a nice save on Ziggler when he tripped on the stairs. I think AJ needed the clean win, but I will forever say that Cena losing to a high caliber opponent clean once every so often is nothing against him at all, but it did make AJ look a bit weak. I think he needs a clean win in there somewhere against Cena since he didn't try any typical heel stuff himself. But I have to see where it heads. The divas match was just awkward for me, and the end looked sloppy. Just not done well but the heel turn surprised me. And agreed with Rollins v Reigns. I was like "this isn't how the match should have been going" in the beginning with Reigns shrugging all of Rollins stuff off. But the end was an awesome call, I'm all for Reigns losing clean against a high caliber opponent, and even better with the Ambrose cash in. All 3 members of the shield carrying the belt in one night.

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

We got ourselves a Triple Threat between the members of the Shield at Battleground.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7872  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: I appreciate they didn't milk the MinB for months and months before cashing it in.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Roman Roids.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

"OH MY GOD. RAYMOND RULES! RAYMOND RULES IS IN THE IMPACT ZONE!" - Josh Matthews, a few months from now.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sasha Banks is such a boss

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: I think that sucks.

You'll still get your Shield Triple Threat :p. Plus I would rather have at SummerSlam. Battleground is such a throwaway PPV.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7875 Posted by ComicStooge (21089 posts) - 12 hours, 40 minutes ago - Show Bio

"OH MY GOD. RAYMOND RULES! RAYMOND RULES IS IN THE IMPACT ZONE!" - Josh Matthews, a few months from now.

In your heart of hearts, you know this won't happen. With the amount of effort they have put into Roman, I think he's been demoted in Vince's eyes from a Cena to an Orton.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@laflux said:
@god_spawn said:

@laflux: I think that sucks.

You'll still get your Shield Triple Threat :p. Plus I would rather have at SummerSlam. Battleground is such a throwaway PPV.

That triple threat match will happen eventually, closest thing we gotten was that Fatal 4-Way match from last years Payback.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was not expecting Finn Balor to beat Roman Reigns for the number 1 contender of the WWE Universal Championship. I wonder if they're going to turn him heel after he wins the UC and form the Balor Club with Gallows and Anderson. Fans have been waiting for Rollins to be face.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlab3000:

Wait, 'Universal Championship', is that what they're calling it?

No Caption Provided

d^_^b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superstay: Apparently so xD. I wonder what its going to look like.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7883  Edited By dshipp17

@xlab3000 said:

Was not expecting Finn Balor to beat Roman Reigns for the number 1 contender of the WWE Universal Championship. I wonder if they're going to turn him heel after he wins the UC and form the Balor Club with Gallows and Anderson. Fans have been waiting for Rollins to be face.

I'm really doubting that, as these wins were the style of Mick and that would be a Stephanie style; last night was clearly Mick taking the torch from Stephanie; Mick seems to have major input in the writing, as well. Last night was a major shift in styles. Rollins was the last push that Stephanie could make, by his appearing as a challenger; clearly, Finn is likely the new champion. It's a shift from villains (Stephanie) to bay faces (Mick); it's passing the torch down to the GMs; it appears that Shane and Stephanie are about to do a Vince routine and only appear when something groundbreaking is required; I liked seeing Stephanie make frequent appearances and I'll miss that; of course, what happens on SmackDown could affect plans, but, Raw would have to notice major ratings favoring SmackDown for Mick to alter his plans to phase Stephanie off air and away from the backstage area. However, it's all up to Shane what happens on his end, in this respect.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's next? The Women's Universal Championship? That is just a terrible name to use. Could of just use World Championship.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's next? The Women's Universal Championship? That is just a terrible name to use. Could of just use World Championship.

Dean has the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. It would be lazy to call it World Championship. At least WWE Universal Champion is original (no other wrestling company has universal championship as far I know).

Avatar image for green_ballerina
Green_Ballerina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sasha vs Charlotte was phenomenal. I honestly can't believe they let Balor go over Reigns though. This Raw was probably my favorite in a long time.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sasha vs Charlotte was phenomenal. I honestly can't believe they let Balor go over Reigns though. This Raw was probably my favorite in a long time.

I can. They've been shitting on Reigns since he got caught. No way they were going to let him win. Fans hate him more now than they did before. His only hope is turning heal now.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to agree. What a stupid name. On top of that having so many belts delegitimizes them IMO.

Green_Ballerina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@green_ballerina said:

I can. They've been shitting on Reigns since he got caught. No way they were going to let him win. Fans hate him more now than they did before. His only hope is turning heal now.

I though Reigns was going to turn during That interview outside of the ring. He looked so angry like he was about to blow lol.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7890  Edited By dernman

@green_ballerina said:
@dernman said:
@green_ballerina said:

I though Reigns was going to turn during That interview outside of the ring. He looked so angry like he was about to blow lol.

I kinda did too. Maybe he'll turn heal on Fin Balor.

Is it just me or did he look less muscled and a bit fatter?

Green_Ballerina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@green_ballerina said:
@dernman said:
@green_ballerina said:

He definitely looked like he lost some muscle mass. Maybe it a side effect of not being able to use whatever he got suspended for, lol jk. He also grew his beard and that made his face look a little fatter to me. I agree about him turning on Finn though, they'll probably put him in that championship scene somehow.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many from a certain Samoa family in WWE today. They could make a big WWE wrestling group. Call it the SWO.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@green_ballerina said:
@dernman said:
@green_ballerina said:

He definitely looked like he lost some muscle mass. Maybe it a side effect of not being able to use whatever he got suspended for, lol jk. He also grew his beard and that made his face look a little fatter to me. I agree about him turning on Finn though, they'll probably put him in that championship scene somehow.

Also turning heal it will sort of negate all those boos. Sometimes I hate it when the faces get booed and the heals get cheers. It kind of takes me out of the experience.

Am I wrong or did he also abandon coming down through the audience since he's been back....

Green_Ballerina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@green_ballerina said:
@dernman said:
@green_ballerina said:
@dernman said:
@green_ballerina said:

Also turning heal it will sort of negate all those boos. Sometimes I hate it when the faces get booed and the heals get cheers. It kind of takes me out of the experience.

Am I wrong or did he also abandon coming down through the audience since he's been back....

Yeah the boos really get anoying sometimes. I don't think it'd be safe for him to come down the stairs anymore seeing as how much hate he gets. Once he got a normal entrance I'm sure everyone thought he'd turn but nope. He needs to drop the "guy" act and actually turn. It'd be great for his career and maybe actually put on some real wrestling attire while he's at it.

Avatar image for det_batsuperman
Det_BatSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fucking love Hank Hulgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I think the new logos they're using are bad too. I agree that all these random new belts will just cause the rankings to go to crap. I do hope Smackdown tonight will be as good as Raw.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked how all the Smackdown women did a entrance and promo after the Becky-Nattie match

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: Raw logo looks almost as bad as a Roman Reigns promo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: Well that was an burn. I'm not really a fan of either logos. Smackdown looks better though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I heard the Draft was a disappointment.