Avatar image for sci_fi_rulez
#1 Posted by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1234 posts) - - Show Bio

How to Draw realistic faces,cars,buildings etc?..Simple and easy steps please

Avatar image for jedixman
#2 Posted by JediXMan (37167 posts) - - Show Bio

Practice. A lot. Use photos and draw outside using real things/people.*

* Just don't become Greg Land.

Moderator
Avatar image for sci_fi_rulez
#3 Posted by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1234 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Practice. A lot. Use photos and draw outside using real things/people.*

* Just don't become Greg Land.

Greg Land?

Avatar image for ssejllenrad
#4 Posted by ssejllenrad (13094 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@JediXMan said:

Practice. A lot. Use photos and draw outside using real things/people.*

* Just don't become Greg Land.

Greg Land?

Greg Land's real name is Copy MacTracer. :D

Avatar image for jedixman
#5 Posted by JediXMan (37167 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@JediXMan said:

Practice. A lot. Use photos and draw outside using real things/people.*

* Just don't become Greg Land.

Greg Land?

Comic book "artist" who does nothing but trace his own previous drawings, other artist's drawings, celebrities, and porn (yes, porn), and then he tries to pass it off as actual art.

Moderator
Avatar image for sci_fi_rulez
#6 Edited by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1234 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@JediXMan said:

Practice. A lot. Use photos and draw outside using real things/people.*

* Just don't become Greg Land.

Greg Land?

Comic book "artist" who does nothing but trace his own previous drawings, other artist's drawings, celebrities, and porn (yes, porn), and then he tries to pass it off as actual art.

I take Art very seriously and love doing and drawing it the traditional way.Don't like tracing that much cos it isn't really a talent.Free hand is more my style.Do you draw?

Avatar image for augment
#7 Posted by Augment (108 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssejllenrad said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@JediXMan said:

Practice. A lot. Use photos and draw outside using real things/people.*

* Just don't become Greg Land.

Greg Land?

Greg Land's real name is Copy MacTracer. :D

LMAO.
 
I find his orgasm faces SO DISTRACTING.
Avatar image for jedixman
#8 Posted by JediXMan (37167 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@JediXMan said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@JediXMan said:

Practice. A lot. Use photos and draw outside using real things/people.*

* Just don't become Greg Land.

Greg Land?

Comic book "artist" who does nothing but trace his own previous drawings, other artist's drawings, celebrities, and porn (yes, porn), and then he tries to pass it off as actual art.

I take Art very seriously and love doing and drawing it the traditional way.Don't like tracing that much cos it isn't really a talent.Free hand is more my style.Do you draw?

Sometimes. More as a hobby. But I do write and I'd like to do that professionally.

Moderator
Avatar image for sci_fi_rulez
#9 Edited by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1234 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@JediXMan said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@JediXMan said:

Practice. A lot. Use photos and draw outside using real things/people.*

* Just don't become Greg Land.

Greg Land?

Comic book "artist" who does nothing but trace his own previous drawings, other artist's drawings, celebrities, and porn (yes, porn), and then he tries to pass it off as actual art.

I take Art very seriously and love doing and drawing it the traditional way.Don't like tracing that much cos it isn't really a talent.Free hand is more my style.Do you draw?

Sometimes. More as a hobby. But I do write and I'd like to do that professionally.

You tried publishing a book or writing a comic book?

Avatar image for jedixman
#10 Posted by JediXMan (37167 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sci_Fi_Rulez:

Comic? No. I don't have the patience to pencil that. But I'm writing a novel.

Moderator
Avatar image for _zombie_
#11 Posted by _Zombie_ (10572 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Practice. A lot. Use photos and draw outside using real things/people.*

* Just don't become Greg Land.

What he said. God knows I ragequit because I didn't practice enough. Though, really, I'm a writer. My talent as an artist fizzled out awhile ago.

Avatar image for jedixman
#12 Posted by JediXMan (37167 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Though, really, I'm a writer.

Ya don't say?

Moderator
Avatar image for _zombie_
#13 Posted by _Zombie_ (10572 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Though, really, I'm a writer.

Ya don't say?

I am. Haven't really put it to the test of trying to write much beyond short stories (and even those were hit-and-miss), but I spend most of my time on here in the RPG section.

Avatar image for jedixman
#14 Posted by JediXMan (37167 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@JediXMan said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Though, really, I'm a writer.

Ya don't say?

I am. Haven't really put it to the test of trying to write much beyond short stories (and even those were hit-and-miss), but I spend most of my time on here in the RPG section.

Hm.

While I do write fan fics as a hobby, I am writing some original short stories myself as well as a novel. And not to plug my own work, but I'll be posting a Star Wars fan fic soon.

Moderator
Avatar image for _zombie_
#15 Posted by _Zombie_ (10572 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@JediXMan said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Though, really, I'm a writer.

Ya don't say?

I am. Haven't really put it to the test of trying to write much beyond short stories (and even those were hit-and-miss), but I spend most of my time on here in the RPG section.

Hm.

While I do write fan fics as a hobby, I am writing some original short stories myself as well as a novel. And not to plug my own work, but I'll be posting a Star Wars fan fic soon.

I used to write for a hobby, but kind of fell out of it (other things came up). I'll try to remind myself to read it.

Avatar image for sci_fi_rulez
#16 Posted by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1234 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez:

Comic? No. I don't have the patience to pencil that. But I'm writing a novel.

Nice..What's the Title of the story?