TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#202  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@war_killer said:

Anyone here play Yu-Gi-Oh! on Dueling Network?

Nope,but I just made an account =D it looks awesome ^_^

I just found it last night, it does look awesome. You can build pretty much any deck with any card in the game, makes testing different strategies very easy! :D

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Don't you have to buy something for Dueling Network?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

As far as i can tell it's free to play. I think you can buy cards for your deck in real life through the site, but so far I haven't had to pay anything to play the game online.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Made one right now. Stacked my deck up with hella cards.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

As far as i can tell it's free to play. I think you can buy cards for your deck in real life through the site, but so far I haven't had to pay anything to play the game online.

Teach me how to play, I'm confused.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#207  Edited By Hazlenaut

My favorite card is Dream Sprite

She just has simple effect she is able to switch enemy target to one of your ally monsters when they attack her. You get two of them you they can’t be touch. One would call it teamwork another would game braking. At least it is using creativity and not overpowering card specific made to be game breaking.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@war_killer said:

I just found it last night, it does look awesome. You can build pretty much any deck with any card in the game, makes testing different strategies very easy! :D

lol I just got owned in a duel.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

@war_killer said:

@jnr6lil said:

Teach me how to play, I'm confused.

I'm still learning how the mechanics work. It's all done manually like it would be if you were playing in real life, you just have to know the controls on the site...which I'm still trying to figure out. xD

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@war_killer said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@war_killer said:

lol I just got owned in a duel.

I've already lost twice. lol Dude literally pulled out every Dragon type monster you can think of in like his third turn...didn't stand a chance. v__v

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Jnr6Lil

They're cheating, they win because we don't know how to play. barely know how to play in real life.

Really wasn't a good idea to bring up Dueling Network, everyone just quits.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's going good now, won two duels.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

It's going good now, won two duels.

I haven't won one duel yet...I don't get why some of the people I've dueled are so impatient. lol I haven't played the game in years, some of these cards I've never seen before, I just get annoyed at how they can't wait a minute for me to read the effects of their cards. xD

Not to mention that math was never my best subject... <_<

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: Haven't won much either, it's not easy, having a good deck means nothing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I now have a new favorite card lol. It's Number 49: Fortune Tune.

No Caption Provided

Look at how fabulous this is!

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr. Volcano !

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Hahaha! I'm now killing sh!t on Dueling Network =D My Photon deck is beastly.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Switched like 3 decks on DN, went from mixted to Yusei to Kaiba now to Yugi.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've won a couple of duels. I'm using banned cards (only two: Chaos Emperor Dragon and Graceful Charity), but using them in the section where I'm allowed to, yet I've had at least two people flip-out when I play them and quit right in the middle of a duel. Kinda of annoying honestly.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used Relinquished and it made someone quit.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#222 the_stegman  Moderator

I've won a couple of duels. I'm using banned cards (only two: Chaos Emperor Dragon and Graceful Charity), but using them in the section where I'm allowed to, yet I've had at least two people flip-out when I play them and quit right in the middle of a duel. Kinda of annoying honestly.

I hate to be a wet blanket..but I would flip too, they're banned, and most of the time, they're banned for a reason, Chaos Emperor Dragon is broken as hell, way to OP'd for a single card. Having said that..my favorite card is Black Luster Soldier, Envoy of the Beginning...which used to be banned as well..heh.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahaha! I'm now killing sh!t on Dueling Network =D My Photon deck is beastly.

Has nothing on my Galaxy or Fabled lol. Add me, Devilinbat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

has anyone played Yu-Gi-Oh! The Duelist of the Roses before

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:

I hate to be a wet blanket..but I would flip too, they're banned, and most of the time, they're banned for a reason, Chaos Emperor Dragon is broken as hell, way to OP'd for a single card. Having said that..my favorite card is Black Luster Soldier, Envoy of the Beginning...which used to be banned as well..heh.

See, I understand the whole lock downs people would do with Chaos Dragon (which by the way I don't do, the game's suppose to be fun) I simply use the card's ability the way it says, and most of the time I'm lucky if I'm able to draw the thing in a duel, much less summon it. Plus its effect is only good is you and your opponent have enough cards on the field, which makes using its effect more of luck than skill, not to mention destroyed Chaos Dragon in the process.. I really don't see how it's overpowered.

I also don't understand why Graceful Charity is banned. You get three cards, but for the price of two...seems like a fair deal to me.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

@war_killer said:

See, I understand the whole lock downs people would do with Chaos Dragon (which by the way I don't do, the game's suppose to be fun) I simply use the card's ability the way it says, and most of the time I'm lucky if I'm able to draw the thing in a duel, much less summon it. Plus its effect is only good is you and your opponent have enough cards on the field, which makes using its effect more of luck than skill, not to mention destroyed Chaos Dragon in the process.. I really don't see how it's overpowered.

I also don't understand why Graceful Charity is banned. You get three cards, but for the price of two...seems like a fair deal to me.

Thing is about Chaos Dragon, most people use it more strategically than that (no offense to you or anything) they'll amp up how much damage it can do by getting as many cards out on the field as possible. They'll play a card like "Infinite Cards" which makes it so you have no limits to how many cards you can have in your hand, get how that can make Chaos Dragon a one turn finisher? Not to mention you can bring it back with various cards like Pot of Avarice or any other card that allows you to return monsters from your grave to your deck/hand and use it over again.

As for GC, yeah, I don't know why that's banned

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:

@the_stegman said:

@war_killer said:

Thing is about Chaos Dragon, most people use it more strategically than that (no offense to you or anything) they'll amp up how much damage it can do by getting as many cards out on the field as possible. They'll play a card like "Infinite Cards" which makes it so you have no limits to how many cards you can have in your hand, get how that can make Chaos Dragon a one turn finisher? Not to mention you can bring it back with various cards like Pot of Avarice or any other card that allows you to return monsters from your grave to your deck/hand and use it over again.

I can see what you're getting there. But if your opponent was prepared, couldn't they simply find a way to counter such strategies. I understand that their are ways to boost CD, I just feel that there are many ways to easily take it out, that's why I feel that banishing it seems a bit much. But I guess I'm one of the few who see it that way, I just think it's a cool card. xD

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

@war_killer said:

@the_stegman said:

@war_killer said:

I can see what you're getting there. But if your opponent was prepared, couldn't they simply find a way to counter such strategies. I understand that their are ways to boost CD, I just feel that there are many ways to easily take it out, that's why I feel that banishing it seems a bit much. But I guess I'm one of the few who see it that way, I just think it's a cool card. xD

It is a cool card, and it is by no means unstoppable, meaning your opponent can find ways to defeat it, but it has the potential of being a one turn kill, which is why it's banned, lol.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Graceful Charity got banned? That's f**king stupid.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@war_killer: Actually found out that spell cards/traps that don't target Obelisk work on him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innervenom123: It's perfectly logical, especially with today's dark worlds. Would be very OP.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlab3000 said:

I have lol

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

@war_killer: Actually found out that spell cards/traps that don't target Obelisk work on him.

Yeah, I thought it could! I actually just looked at the card an realized that I was misreading its effect, mistaken the part "When Normal Summoned, cards and effects cannot be activated." to mean that I couldn't activate spell/trap cards at all, instead of only of the turn it was normal summoned. I can't use cards that target him directly, but I guess cards like Dark Hole, which doesn't target a monster specifically, could destroy him.

I'm glad you pointed this out, because you were destroying me before dude. xD

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yugioh-R

Kaiba smacks b!tches with dat iron briefcase

dat kaiba

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innervenom123: It's perfectly logical, especially with today's dark worlds. Would be very OP.

See, what I don't understand is why they can't just make a rule about how you can't use certain cards in certain deck or in the same deck as other cards that could make them overpowered, instead of outright banning them. I mean 'cause, for example, I have a Graceful Charity in my deck, but I can only use it once per duel because I don't have any way to recycle it again in a single duel, so really it's just a one-off.

Avatar image for mysterioususername
MysteriousUsername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna get smashed in the tourney. I haven't dueled in years.

MysteriousUsername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlab3000 said:

Yeah, I still own it actually. It's a great game.

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By ImagineMan16

Anyone play Duelest of the Roses on the PS2? It played really differently from the card game but I loved it. Used cheat codes to make sure I could always pick the robot deck.

I still go back and replay that game occasionally

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk said:

See, what I don't understand is why they can't just make a rule about how you can't use certain cards in certain deck or in the same deck as other cards that could make them overpowered, instead of outright banning them. I mean 'cause, for example, I have a Graceful Charity in my deck, but I can only use it once per duel because I don't have any way to recycle it again in a single duel, so really it's just a one-off.

Graceful Charity for the most part is a card that hurts you.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

@war_killer said:

Graceful Charity for the most part is a card that hurts you.

Exactly. It give you three cards sure, but with the cost of two I think that seems pretty fair.

tramilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the way the game it today Graceful Charity is just too powerful. You get to draw plus drop two things in the grave, which anymore is a good thing, it just leads to too many plays.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tramilla said:

With the way the game it today Graceful Charity is just too powerful. You get to draw plus drop two things in the grave, which anymore is a good thing, it just leads to too many plays.

I can see being able to drop two cards being an easy way to summon more powerful monsters if you had, say, Monster Reborn in your hand as well. But that still doesn't change the fact that while yes the card gives you three cards, it also costs you two. Sure you can use that to your advantage if your lucky and have the right cards in your hand, but most of the time Graceful Charity is used as a way to get rid of the bad cards in your hand and hopefully draw good cards. But just because you get rid of two bad cards doesn't mean you are guaranteed you'll draw three good cards as well. Ultimately it's a gamble, which is why banning it seems a bit much. If anything it should be limited to having only one in a single deck, instead of down right banning the card.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tramilla said:

I can see being able to drop two cards being an easy way to summon more powerful monsters if you had, say, Monster Reborn in your hand as well. But that still doesn't change the fact that while yes the card gives you three cards, it also costs you two. Sure you can use that to your advantage if your lucky and have the right cards in your hand, but most of the time Graceful Charity is used as a way to get rid of the bad cards in your hand and hopefully draw good cards. But just because you get rid of two bad cards doesn't mean you are guaranteed you'll draw three good cards as well. Ultimately it's a gamble, which is why banning it seems a bit much. If anything it should be limited to having only one in a single deck, instead of down right banning the card.

That's the thing though, you want stuff in the grave lol. That how today's meta works. In other words the card reads " Draw 3 cards, then you may discard 2 cards you would like in your graveyard that will allow you to stomp your opponent." E Drags, Dark Worlds, Fableds, Inzektors, Battlin' Boxers, Exodia, ect... There are too many ways to abuse this. It can rarely be a gamble because there are decks that no matter what hand you have, you always want stuff in the grave. Today's meta revolves around getting stuff to the grave, and even with the draw 3, discard 2, it serves in dumping things to the grave and adding a replacement for graceful charity to hand.

MysteriousUsername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like robot cards.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:

@tramilla said:

That's the thing though, you want stuff in the grave lol. That how today's meta works. In other words the card reads " Draw 3 cards, then you may discard 2 cards you would like in your graveyard that will allow you to stomp your opponent." E Drags, Dark Worlds, Fableds, Inzektors, Battlin' Boxers, Exodia, ect... There are too many ways to abuse this. It can rarely be a gamble because there are decks that no matter what hand you have, you always want stuff in the grave. Today's meta revolves around getting stuff to the grave, and even with the draw 3, discard 2, it serves in dumping things to the grave and adding a replacement for graceful charity to hand.

Maybe I'm just out of touch with the dueling community nowadays. I just recently got back into dueling and managed to wrap my head around Synchro cards and gave up on XYZ cards after one guy spent like a hour trying to explain them to me on Dueling Network. I hear what you're saying and understand what you getting at, I guess it just depends on what deck you use Graceful Charity in.

I also couldn't help but get depressed every time you mentioned having stuff in the grave, lol you're like "with today's duelist, everything must die and go to the grave, mwahaha!" :P

MysteriousUsername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I don't even know how any of this new stuff works. Might be part of the reason that my deck sucked so much.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:

@tramilla said:

Maybe I'm just out of touch with the dueling community nowadays. I just recently got back into dueling and managed to wrap my head around Synchro cards and gave up on XYZ cards after one guy spent like a hour trying to explain them to me on Dueling Network. I hear what you're saying and understand what you getting at, I guess it just depends on what deck you use Graceful Charity in.

I also couldn't help but get depressed every time you mentioned having stuff in the grave, lol you're like "with today's duelist, everything must die and go to the grave, mwahaha!" :P

That's how it works sadly, the bigger the grave the better. No exceptions. A healthy grave is a good grave.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XYZ = No levels

basically it.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By warlock360
MysteriousUsername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bah! Screw the meta game! I have the heard of the cards!