"Official" Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yusei is a much better duelist than Atem. He's just as good a chessplayer as him, and has won a duel with a bunch of random cards.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#102  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@jnr6lil: I disagree IMO it is pretty close,Atem in Yu-Gi-Oh! (before DM) showed alot of skill in other games besides DM,and don't forget Atem has also won a duel against a Computer while it was set to its highest level with a deck he just received minutes before. So that matches the random deck feat.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: IMO I don't really count Season 0 as apart of the series.

@xlab3000: Stardust Dragon is Yusei's Slifer, while Junk Warrior is his Dark Magician.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Jnr6Lil
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil: Actually Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 0 is 100 percent canon. The reason it was not aired in the US was because it was way too brutal for 4Kids and before they edit the sh!t out of it they decided not to air it. But if you read the manga you would see it is 100 percent canon seeing as how it is an continuation of the original.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: It's a prelude to the original, and is only canon in the manga, not anime.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I summon buster blader in defense mode

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil: True, but the manga is the real canon since it came out first, the anime is secondary. Yu-Gi-Oh! was never intended to be about card games so it was not a prelude....but since the fans liked Monsters and Wizards so much when it appeared Takahashi sensei decided to shift it to a card game series....In fact the card game was a parody of the trading card game Magic,and IIRC Takahashi stated that himself.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#111  Edited By MrDirector786

@jnr6lil: I disagree IMO it is pretty close,Atem in Yu-Gi-Oh! (before DM) showed alot of skill in other games besides DM,and don't forget Atem has also won a duel against a Computer while it was set to its highest level with a deck he just received minutes before. So that matches the random deck feat.

I think Yusei has a few similar feats early in the show. While in prison, he used the old guy's deck to beat Himura even though he had no experience with it, and later on defeated the warden using a deck put together by cards given to him by the other inmates... and the warden was trying to cheat too.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

My favorite card was this one rat card that I got as my first one. It was terrible and weak and I boosted it like a crazy person.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@fadetoblackbolt:

@the_stegman: 5D's is terrific. Watch it. Why not a fan of the Synchros?

I've been meaning to watch 5Ds, just haven't gotten around to it. And I just don't like Synchros, many of them feel cheap and OP'ed.

I don't play so much anymore, but we often banned synchros, and when we didn't I would try really hard not use them.........

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised the whole card game part of the franchise is still going. Guess I just got out of touch with the whole thing after it stopped being a fad at my school. >.>

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Anyone play Duelest of the Roses on the PS2? It played really differently from the card game but I loved it. Used cheat codes to make sure I could always pick the robot deck.

I never owned the game personally but I did play a few times round a friends house :P

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@decoy_elite: lol would the rat card happen to be Giant Rat?

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Decoy Elite

@dccomicsrule2011: I think it was Boobonic rat or something like that, but I could be misremembering badly.

@laflux: I played enough to have more than one deck back when it all started. Ah, back when knowing the rules was optional.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I'm surprised the whole card game part of the franchise is still going. Guess I just got out of touch with the whole thing after it stopped being a fad at my school. >.>

I feel so old. The new mechanics are confusing as hell.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoy_elite said:

I feel so old. The new mechanics are confusing as hell.

I don't even know about them. I mean it's like half the words people are mentioning are gibberish to me.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@jnr6lil: True, but the manga is the real canon since it came out first, the anime is secondary. Yu-Gi-Oh! was never intended to be about card games so it was not a prelude....but since the fans liked Monsters and Wizards so much when it appeared Takahashi sensei decided to shift it to a card game series....In fact the card game was a parody of the trading card game Magic,and IIRC Takahashi stated that himself.

Well this discussion has been about anime though. If you want to bring in manga, technically Yusei's dueling career isn't even done.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil: Fair enough, have you read the 5D's manga? I only read 2 volumes of it. Manga wise I think the original is the best,GX is second,Zexal is third and from the two volumes I read, 5D's is last.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@dccomicsrule2011: Yeah I've read the first three volumes, that's the only one that I've managed to find posted on the internet. If you know where I can find the rest, do tell.

I think the only thing that stops 5Ds from being good as the original is storyline pacing. If you watch the 5Ds anime, the storylines are fast. I wish Yusei would have to find ways to get into the Fortune Cup, to save his friends. Like do the locator card thing that was done in the original. Not saying 5Ds shoud've been a ripoff of the original but that's pretty much wanted they wanted it as.

5Ds could've continued the same. First season should've started out the way it did but more average like Duelist Kingdom level. The Fortune Cup should've just been a way for Goodwin to defeat the Signers, so he could gain the right to their dragons in Shadow Duels. Rex Goodwin should've already defeated Jack in a Duel and took his Red Demon Dragon blackmailing him, that he would reveal to the fans of New Domino City that he was Satellite if he didn't allow him to have the card. He than organizes the Fortune Cup, where players have to earn themselves in the tournament as a way to weed out who are the Signers, who are already destined as great duelists, just so he can take their cards, by instilling the ante card rule. Eventually everything continues on the same, with Yusei defeating Rex in the finals managing to get all the Signer Cards which Rex somehow got his hands on. He than gives each Dragon to their owner. (There would be 6 instead of 5 Signers).

This could've been their Battle City. Have Jack visit the Aztec Empire (with a reformed Rex) and learn about the Crimson Dragon, He sees a vision of the past and learns that their is a great battle. In an attempt to regain his spot as Duel King, he wants to get all of the Signer Dragons. So he issues a tournament with an ante card rule, and again an entrance requirement, and in the finals are the Dark Signers along with the Signers. Eventually Yusei gets his revenge on Jack, and yadda, yadda yadda. Instead of wasting, three people on a duel with Roman, it could've been Roman vs. Yusei in a shadow duel. (Drag this out 3-4 episodes).

Now the world is saved. Instead of the filler that was the WRGP, 5Ds could've went with a Virtual World Arc next (The most technologically advanced series, and there's no Virtual World.) Here, they could've , explored more about Leo & Luna who are scientists in New Domino

Than you could've moved on to the Arcadia Movement (have Sayer kill Rex at this point) and developed Akiza's character and her love for Yusei who has guilt for sending Roman to the Shadows

Finally you could've finished it with a DOMA esque, Yusei, Jack, & Crow vs. the Three Emperors who want to ressurrect Aporia/Z-One who want to ressurrect the Crimson Dragon to take over the world.

Finish off the series with a Memory World Arc, with them going back to the great battle.

So it could've been.

Season 1: Fortune Cup

Season 2: Dark Signers

Season 3: Virtual World

Season 4: Arcadia Movement

Season 5: Ylliaster

Season 6: The Great Battle.

This would've surpassed the original easily.

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anybody here played competitively?

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

5D's in my opinion was better than the original mainly because I thought the characters were much better. I also liked the story more.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skyfire said:

Has anybody here played competitively?

I have and still do.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

After the original anime can you tell me how many and which Yu-Gi-Oh related animes aired.And if you can write them in order.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil: Actually Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 0 is 100 percent canon. The reason it was not aired in the US was because it was way too brutal for 4Kids and before they edit the sh!t out of it they decided not to air it. But if you read the manga you would see it is 100 percent canon seeing as how it is an continuation of the original.

Love season 0

Though as for best duelists, I give it to most of the cast of 5D's(Yusei, Crow, Jack, Calin, don't really care for the twins or whatsherface). Those dudes who were representing the norse gods were pretty good as well

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kalin was a great duelist. I would put him at Bakura/Rafael level.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

After the original anime can you tell me how many and which Yu-Gi-Oh related animes aired.And if you can write them in order.

After the Original anime comes Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters (which is basically an extra I think 10 episodes for the main cast of the original) After that comes Yu-Gi-Oh! GX,then after that comes Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's and then comes the latest Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By TDK_1997

@tdk_1997 said:

After the Original anime comes Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters (which is basically an extra I think 10 episodes for the main cast of the original) After that comes Yu-Gi-Oh! GX,then after that comes Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's and then comes the latest Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal.

Thank you really much.Because of FTBB these days I have been thinking about Yu-Gi-Oh again and today I watched the first three episodes of Gx.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Am I the only one who thinks that Jaden was the best duelist I mean the dude could win without even using attack cards

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@tdk_1997: No problem =D Ah Yu-Gi-Oh! GX...... I know alot of people disagree but I actually like GX more then the rest...I don't know why though,it just has a certain charm to it.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

@dccomicsrule2011: Yeah I've read the first three volumes, that's the only one that I've managed to find posted on the internet. If you know where I can find the rest, do tell.

I think the only thing that stops 5Ds from being good as the original is storyline pacing. If you watch the 5Ds anime, the storylines are fast. I wish Yusei would have to find ways to get into the Fortune Cup, to save his friends. Like do the locator card thing that was done in the original. Not saying 5Ds shoud've been a ripoff of the original but that's pretty much wanted they wanted it as.

5Ds could've continued the same. First season should've started out the way it did but more average like Duelist Kingdom level. The Fortune Cup should've just been a way for Goodwin to defeat the Signers, so he could gain the right to their dragons in Shadow Duels. Rex Goodwin should've already defeated Jack in a Duel and took his Red Demon Dragon blackmailing him, that he would reveal to the fans of New Domino City that he was Satellite if he didn't allow him to have the card. He than organizes the Fortune Cup, where players have to earn themselves in the tournament as a way to weed out who are the Signers, who are already destined as great duelists, just so he can take their cards, by instilling the ante card rule. Eventually everything continues on the same, with Yusei defeating Rex in the finals managing to get all the Signer Cards which Rex somehow got his hands on. He than gives each Dragon to their owner. (There would be 6 instead of 5 Signers).

This could've been their Battle City. Have Jack visit the Aztec Empire (with a reformed Rex) and learn about the Crimson Dragon, He sees a vision of the past and learns that their is a great battle. In an attempt to regain his spot as Duel King, he wants to get all of the Signer Dragons. So he issues a tournament with an ante card rule, and again an entrance requirement, and in the finals are the Dark Signers along with the Signers. Eventually Yusei gets his revenge on Jack, and yadda, yadda yadda. Instead of wasting, three people on a duel with Roman, it could've been Roman vs. Yusei in a shadow duel. (Drag this out 3-4 episodes).

Now the world is saved. Instead of the filler that was the WRGP, 5Ds could've went with a Virtual World Arc next (The most technologically advanced series, and there's no Virtual World.) Here, they could've , explored more about Leo & Luna who are scientists in New Domino

Than you could've moved on to the Arcadia Movement (have Sayer kill Rex at this point) and developed Akiza's character and her love for Yusei who has guilt for sending Roman to the Shadows

Finally you could've finished it with a DOMA esque, Yusei, Jack, & Crow vs. the Three Emperors who want to ressurrect Aporia/Z-One who want to ressurrect the Crimson Dragon to take over the world.

Finish off the series with a Memory World Arc, with them going back to the great battle.

So it could've been.

Season 1: Fortune Cup

Season 2: Dark Signers

Season 3: Virtual World

Season 4: Arcadia Movement

Season 5: Ylliaster

Season 6: The Great Battle.

This would've surpassed the original easily.

It would have been really interesting if they would have gone that route. Oh and unfortunately I can't find any site that has the 5D's manga either =(

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see the appeal in GX, but 5Ds is better. Hell I would honestly take 5Ds over the original, the original is corny as hell once you rewatch it.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who thinks that Jaden was the best duelist I mean the dude could win without even using attack cards

Eh... I like Judai as everyone here knows but I do not see him beating Yusei or Yugi for a majority. Don't get me wrong he is a great duelist and would get some wins vs them 10 but he would not take a majority. Vs Yusei, I would give the majority to Yusei 6/10 vs Yugi I would also give Yugi the majority 6/10.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: Well so far I have seen three episodes and almost nothing has happened but it is entertaining.I think I will like it a lot.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fuchsia_nightingale: Indeed and she is not just a pretty face either... she is also an excellent duelist =D

@tdk_1997 said:

@dccomicsrule2011: Well so far I have seen three episodes and almost nothing has happened but it is entertaining.I think I will like it a lot.

It starts to get much better when the introduce the 7 Star Assassins.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By TDK_1997

@dccomicsrule2011: Great.So far it has been more of a comedy and just decelopment of Jaden which I have liked a lot.

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Jnr6Lil

The 7 Star Assassins were okay You'll mostly care for Nightshroud & Amnael. But yeah, that's when the plot gets better.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

The 7 Star Assassins were lackluster. You'll only care for Nightshroud & Amnael.

Yeah it could have been much better but I still think it's pretty solid.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Best Yu-Gi-Oh villains no order:

Marik

Bakura

Pegasus

Dartz