vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@FLCL1 said:

no im expecting a "sh!t happens" moment. it doesnt have to be for me. a woman can get brutally beaten by 5 men, seems like a gun will come in handy there. its a protection plan.

That's still speaks to the point I made earlier. You're disregarding the statistics. More women are getting brutally beaten then people are preventing it by a pretty sizable margin. 

@FLCL1 said:

it doesnt matter if you are afriad or not, "sh!t happens" right? we live in a country where police beat, kill, and jail some men and women because they dont like who they are or what they are doing. it goes both ways. some police officers are good but others abuse their powers to the fullest. also that is a faulty point. police officers get gunned down on the job because criminals dont want to get caught and/or. people dont just kill police officers for shts and giggles, thats stupid.

You didn't understand my point about police at all. Where did I suggest that people kill police for "shts and giggles"? My point was that these people are required to carry firearms,they are trained to use them,and trained to handle dangerous situations, yet they still get killed on duty by common criminals. Self-Defense is all about the upper hand. 

@FLCL1 said:

your logic here is cant beat em give up and accept your fate. that is stupid and selfish. if you have family memeber you wouldn't own a gun because you aren't afraid to die? if a robber came in and beat your wife to death, oh well? guns are not just to protect yourself it is to protect the ones you love and if you ask me if im afraid to see my love ones die i would say yes

It's not stupid or selfish, although that's not even my logic. Assuming it was though, most people never have to protect themselves or anyone else. Not even in the United States where the murder rate is so high. Most people don't carry firearms either nor do they have them at all. So we're all stupid and selfish? If someone broke into my house and beat my wife to death and he's still there when I get home or I was there to begin with, he has to beat me to death also.If I can't beat him bare-fisted, the fittest mammal survived. That's life.
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By willpayton

@FLCL1 said:

"if you want to control a nation, take away their arms"-hitler

Source for this quote?

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Meh. Just don't take away my shotguns and my rifles.

I don't have any use of semi automatics. Why would I want to use one to hunt?

confirukia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By confirukia

@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

I am all for the right to bear arms but why assault weapons?

The only reason I can think of is to protect our rights from a tyrannical government (which in my opinion the US government is already tyrannical)

spoken like a true pro

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By nick_hero22

@FLCL1 said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@Night Thrasher said:

@FLCL1 said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

" I dont live in America,I live in the UK"

alrighty then

Which doesn't invalidate the argument.

I know it doesn't invalidate my argument.

"if you want to control a nation, take away their arms"-hitler

history repeats itself, and if you think the american dream will last you are a fool. our economy wont last another 10 years.

if you are so willing to give up guns, so be it, i have mine

Oh My! o_o

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By willpayton

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Meh. Just don't take away my shotguns and my rifles.

I don't have any use of semi automatics. Why would I want to use one to hunt?

But... but... what happens when Obama sends Seal Team 6 and the UN to take away your right to home-school your children? How will you defend yourself then? Dont you at least need ONE machine gun?

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WillPayton: You have to be suitable with your sarcasm.

And you act like it is entirely out of the question that the US government could become tyrannical.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By willpayton

@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

@WillPayton: You have to be suitable with your sarcasm.

And you act like it is entirely out of the question that the US government could become tyrannical.

Whether something "could" happen is irrelevant. It's still a paranoid fantasy.

The fact is that you dont have a right to own any weapon you want, no matter how much you think the government could become tyrannical. If you did, then you'd have the right to own rocket launchers, tanks, cannons, nuclear weapons... and pretty much any weapon meant for war, since that's what you'd be preparing for... war, and the same justification works for all of them.

But there's no such right. It wasnt intended in the Constitution, and it's not what the Supreme Court decided. So Congress can ban assault rifles if they want, it's within their power. What they cant ban are weapons that are in common use, like pistols, shotguns, and normal rifles. But even then, they can still regulate them.

So have whatever fantasies you want about fighting the government, aliens, zombies, or whatever.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Sherlock
@sync1 said:

@Sherlock said:

Im not entirely sure what this ban is going to do.Wow someone got shot lets blame the gun.Thats logical.How about we blame the guy?Why did he shoot those people?Because he was fvking nuttier than a squirrel.He was just released from the funny farm for petes sake.Youd think that would be an indicator for him not to be allowed to have weapons.How about instead of putting a bandaid on the problem we actually find the source and fixe the problem so it wont happen again.This is logical

YES. Next thing you know, they're going to ban firearms entirely.

You miss understand me.I dont give a dam about the guns.If they take away guns entirely it wont make any difference to me.My problem is that they are illegalizing them for no other reason than to make it seem like the problem is fixed.Its not.Psychos still exist and will do their thing with or without guns. 
Hell suppose someone goes and kills a class with a kitchen knife?Are we going to illegalize them next? 
Illegalizing assault rifles is not a solution.It just makes the idiots of the country happy.The problem is the nutty people.They are the ones that have to have something done about them.Until that happens the problem will remain
sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By sync1

@Sherlock said:

@sync1 said:

@Sherlock said:

Im not entirely sure what this ban is going to do.Wow someone got shot lets blame the gun.Thats logical.How about we blame the guy?Why did he shoot those people?Because he was fvking nuttier than a squirrel.He was just released from the funny farm for petes sake.Youd think that would be an indicator for him not to be allowed to have weapons.How about instead of putting a bandaid on the problem we actually find the source and fixe the problem so it wont happen again.This is logical

You miss understand me.I dont give a dam about the guns.If they take away guns entirely it wont make any difference to me.My problem is that they are illegalizing them for no other reason than to make it seem like the problem is fixed.Its not.Psychos still exist and will do their thing with or without guns. Hell suppose someone goes and kills a class with a kitchen knife?Are we going to illegalize them next? Illegalizing assault rifles is not a solution.It just makes the idiots of the country happy.The problem is the nutty people.They are the ones that have to have something done about them.Until that happens the problem will remain

I know, that was what i was getting at. Lol

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#111  Edited By tg1982

I got a question for anyone willing to answer. Are they trying to outlaw fully automatic assault rifles? Or semi-auto rifles as well. I only aske because when people say assault rifle I automatically assume a full-auto since no nation, to my knowledge, uses semi-auto rifles anymore.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Sherlock
@sync1 said:

@Sherlock said:

@sync1 said:

@Sherlock said:

You miss understand me.I dont give a dam about the guns.If they take away guns entirely it wont make any difference to me.My problem is that they are illegalizing them for no other reason than to make it seem like the problem is fixed.Its not.Psychos still exist and will do their thing with or without guns. Hell suppose someone goes and kills a class with a kitchen knife?Are we going to illegalize them next? Illegalizing assault rifles is not a solution.It just makes the idiots of the country happy.The problem is the nutty people.They are the ones that have to have something done about them.Until that happens the problem will remain

I know, that was what i was getting at. Lol

Well in that case you didnt misunderstand me