No Caption Provided

Man, were really going though a Pokessance

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I have a hard time believing this is real.......this is too hysterical.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

In hindsight that's kind of a dick move considering what cyborg santos is now going through.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

In hindsight that's kind of a dick move considering what cyborg santos is now going through.

What's she going through? I doubt I'd think it would matter.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@dernman: He dented his skull and caused swelling in his brain. He's in a really bad condition and he's screwed for life basically.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dernman

@comicstooge said:

@dernman: He dented his skull and caused swelling in his brain. He's in a really bad condition and he's screwed for life basically.

Oh damn. That does change things. I wouldn't badmouth MP for doing it though. Like Mikethekiller brought up it's in hindsight. There is no way he could have known and it would have been funny if nothing happened.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@mikethekiller said:

Fractured skull, brain swelling, hospital expenses, a lack of income for the foreseeable future and potentially never fighting again.

Oh and I'm talking about Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos not Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@mikethekiller said:

Fractured skull, brain swelling, hospital expenses, a lack of income for the foreseeable future and potentially never fighting again.

Oh and I'm talking about Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos not Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino

"She" was just a typo.

Oh damn. That does change things. I wouldn't badmouth MP for doing it though. Like Mikethekiller brought up it's in hindsight. There is no way he could have known and it would have been funny if nothing happened.

Quoting myself to save time.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

I have a hard time believing this is real.

Tell that to Cyborg who now has a dent for a forehead.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@comicstooge said:

Regardless of the serious injury it's terrible sportsmanship to mock someone after finishing them.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dernman

@thenaughtytitan said:
@dernman said:
@comicstooge said:

Regardless of the serious injury it's terrible sportsmanship to mock someone after finishing them.

While I do agree with you I don't see this as a "mock" I would be concerned with.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The dude literally dented the other dude's skull

I have never seen anything like that before...

Damn

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who gives a s**t!? This is fighting, no one's obliged to respect anyone. Besides, MVP didn't know he had dented his skull, when he threw the Pokeball. When he found out, this was his response:- "I would like to express my best wishes to Cyborg & his family, as he is currently being held in hospital for a fractured skull. And will be undergoing surgery please may I ask that you join me in donating towards his GoFundMe page."

To quote Nick Diaz:-

"We fight in a cage f**k. There's no such thing as bad for the sport nowadays. It's not my part to worry about what's good and bad for the sport. I'm just trying to keep my teeth in my mouth. Don't try to f***ing single me out and say that I'm bad for the sport cause I have no class, none of you have any class. This is not the place to have class.

People act like this is a tennis match and that this isn't warfare. It's already out there. This is making way too much money to turn back now. It's like the plague, it's like a disease. Anything that makes money right now, you can't get rid of it."

@dernman said:
@comicstooge said:

He didn't know he dented his skull. MVP gave his best wishes to Cyborg, started a GoFundMe page, and donated money for surgery. Who cares what he did in the cage, MVP showed respect and "sportsmanship" when he found out what happened.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That hit doesn't even look that impactfull. Fake movie fights have messed up my perception.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

That hit doesn't even look that impactfull. Fake movie fights have messed up my perception.

Cyborg Santos is notorious for being prone to getting KO'd. And he has atrocious striking defense. Striking 101, you never lunge forward with your face like that, and your head going that far past your lead leg. That's basically asking to get KO'd.

His forward momentum, combined with MVP's forward momentum with his knee, resulted in that devastating impact. Sad turn of events, hopefully he recovers without any complications.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jezer

This is genuinely one of the funniest things I've seen in a while, soiled by the poor condition of the injured fighter.

Nonetheless, I've been telling my Pokemon Go friends that I want to start carrying around pokeballs and throwing it at people playing I see this game... I can show them this as an example lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5a794b61068b8
deactivated-5a794b61068b8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, injury aside, that's pretty funny.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

That was pretty funny until I found out about the fractured skull.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's Nurse Joy when you need her.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e09a6b06793e
deactivated-5e09a6b06793e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice knee. Too bad Page acted like a 12 year-old after the fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea.. That guy really did get messed up. Hope he is okay but this was odd/slightly funny to watch.

Still feel for the other guy though

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Very disrespectful, but absolutely hilarious. I'd honestly laugh if someone did that to me (the pokeball after ko part)

2. That does not mean I don't feel sorry about cyborg. Hopefully he recovers soon, and as said earlier the joke seems to be in bad taste - in hindsight. I was lol'd when I first saw it, and the concept still seems funny.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Funny, but dishonorable. I lol'd, but I lost a couple of respect points.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6c6de088804
deactivated-5c6c6de088804

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perethorn said:

The dude literally dented the other dude's skull

I have never seen anything like that before...

Damn

I didn't knew that MMA was so brutal. It's like...wow.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By buttersdaman000

Ugh that dude looks like such a tool posing like that lol

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

What. A. Loser.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Who gives a s**t!? This is fighting, no one's obliged to respect anyone.

thumb up

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Very disrespectful, but absolutely hilarious. I'd honestly laugh if someone did that to me (the pokeball after ko part)

2. That does not mean I don't feel sorry about cyborg. Hopefully he recovers soon, and as said earlier the joke seems to be in bad taste - in hindsight. I was lol'd when I first saw it, and the concept still seems funny.

Hopefully he stops fighting. In his last fight, he took 60+ consecutive unanswered blows to the head, over 50% of his losses came by KO/TKO. He needs to stop fighting and save whatever is left of his brain.

@depinhom said:

What. A. Loser.

Because he engaged in post-fight antics? This is fighting, antics have always been a part of combat-sports. In combat, no one's obliged to respect anyone.
And MVP didn't know that the injury was that serious. As soon as he found out, he donated money for the surgery, and wished him the best. That is as respectful as it gets.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Spambot

Just saw what happened to Santos and think mma should seriously consider banning flying knees. They are just too dangerous imo. Plenty of other ways to still end fights without them.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

Just saw what happened to Santos and think mma should seriously consider banning flying knees. They are just too dangerous imo. Plenty of other ways to still end fights without them.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....no! No no no...this is what happened to Kickboxing in the early 2000s and I don't want it happening to MMA. Already uber-dangerous stuff like blows to the back of the head and 12-6 elbows from mount are banned, and for good reason. But flying knees? Hell no!

If we are gonna start banning, flying-knees because "it's too dangerous", why not ban other techniques that are just as dangerous? How about knees from the clinch, how about roundhouse kicks to the head, how about a heel-kick across the jaw (like the one Barboza used to drop Etim)?
Flying knees are a big part of Muay Thai, which is one of the major aspects of MMA. And Flying Knees aren't even that common in MMA, unlike in Muay Thai. No one's ever gonna ban them.

How about we don't overmatch fighters like Santos, who has been KO'd/TKO'd 4 times since 2011, and took 60 unanswered blows to his head in his last fight?

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By depinhom

@WarBlade539: Being honorable and modest are signs of beating a good fighter and respectable opponent. Engaging in silly antics and encouraging a stupid and in some cases, dangerous, craze after he severely hurt a man is wrong.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Spambot

@WarBlade539: You can disagree all you want but I don't think mma would be missing much if it did so and took out the risk of seriously injuring guys. A flying knee is one of the most dangerous moves you can do in an octagon if not the most dangerous when you consider the force+mass that can be behind one. That's my opinion and it wont' change regardless of how much faux outrage people have on a message board. Absolutely nothing wrong with trying to make the sport as safe as possible and I don't think flying knees are a necessary part of the sport.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

@WarBlade539: You can disagree all you want but I don't think mma would be missing much if it did so and took out the risk of seriously injuring guys. A flying knee is one of the most dangerous moves you can do in an octagon if not the most dangerous when you consider the force+mass that can be behind one. That's my opinion and it wont' change regardless of how much faux outrage people have on a message board.

Okay. Riddle me this then. Should we also ban flying knees in Muay Thai then? Considering you see flying-knees in almost every high-level Muay Thai fight, unlike in MMA where they are still a very rare technique. Rare as in, flying knee finishes are very rare. Or do you not care about the mental health of Muay Thai fighters?

That's my opinion and it wont' change regardless of how much faux outrage people have on a message board.

I have a better way to look at this. How about flying knees will never be banned by any Athletic Commission, irrespective of how much one person (I have never seen anyone else) thinks they should be banned.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@depinhom:

Being honorable and modest are signs of beating a good fighter and respectable opponent.

Okay, so was Muhammad Ali not a good fighter then? Because he was far from being modest and respectful He trash-talked the crap outta his opponents, got inside their heads and beat them mentally even before the fight started. This is fighting, no one has any obligation to be modest and humble. And this is what makes fighting so different from other sports, because of the crazy personalities involved.

Engaging in silly antics and encouraging a stupid and in some cases, dangerous, craze after he severely hurt a man is wrong.

He didn't know the injury was so severe, when he did that. As soon as he found out, he donated money for the surgery and wished him the best, what more does one want. That is as respectful as it gets.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Spambot

@WarBlade539: That would be up to Muay Thai groups to decide. Seeing as they are a bigger part of the sport I wouldn't expect them to ban them. Seeing however as they are kind of rare in mma and imo not worth the risk to the fighters to have them its not a big deal to ban them. I actually don't think they should be banned by law but I think the ufc should consider banning them. You are acting like I am on some crusade to see them banned when I simply expressed an opinion that I think ufc and some of the other companies should consider doing it. Its not the end of the world if they do. All it does is make the sport a bit safer for guys who are already risking serious injury each time they step into the octagon. Would you really be at all less likely to watch mma if they were banned?

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WarBlade539: You must have a screw loose. This is not war! These are two men fighting for sport and they should be respectful towards each other. They cna hype up the fight and please the crowd, but bringing Pokeballs and that nonsense is crossing the line.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@depinhom said:

@WarBlade539: You must have a screw loose. This is not war! These are two men fighting for sport and they should be respectful towards each other. They cna hype up the fight and please the crowd, but bringing Pokeballs and that nonsense is crossing the line.

Why is it crossing the line? Is bringing the Pokeball making the injury more severe? It's just a playful antic. If you are gonna be complaining against people being disrespectful, complain about the one time Bisping spat at the opposing corner.

And I repeat, since you seem to be ignoring this point, he didn't know the injury was that severe. As soon as he found out, he donated money for the surgery and everything. That is as respectful as it gets.

My point is, all of you people are arguing about a worthless issue. Worry about Bellator making fighters like Santos, who have already taken insane amounts of brain damage, fight guys like Page. Worry about Bellator having a useless Athletic Commission. Worry about the big issues, not about some fighter throwing a Pokeball at his opponent.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What Evangelista is going through right now is unfortunate, and I wish him the best. But, at the same time, he signed up to get hurt. You can't be a professional fighter in any promotion and expect not to sustain serious injuries. The Pokemon gesture was a little strange, but Page didn't even know his injury was that serious at the moment.

Anyway, such antics (or trash talk, in general) isn't that big of a deal. It's been in professional sports for decades.

@depinhom said:

@WarBlade539: Being honorable and modest are signs of beating a good fighter and respectable opponent.

Some of the greatest fighters, especially Muhammad Ali, talked trash and he went down as one of the greatest fighters ever. It's not that serious. LOL.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite the fact that Cyborg Santos is Cris Cyborg's ex husband, she is doing her best to ensure he is in good health. You do not find many exes like that so respect to her.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

@WarBlade539: That would be up to Muay Thai groups to decide. Seeing as they are a bigger part of the sport I wouldn't expect them to ban them. Seeing however as they are kind of rare in mma and imo not worth the risk to the fighters to have them its not a big deal to ban them. I actually don't think they should be banned by law but I think the ufc should consider banning them. You are acting like I am on some crusade to see them banned when I simply expressed an opinion that I think ufc and some of the other companies should consider doing it. Its not the end of the world if they do. All it does is make the sport a bit safer for guys who are already risking serious injury each time they step into the octagon. Would you really be at all less likely to watch mma if they were banned?

I would be very very very very disappointed. Because I am a purist. Mixed Martial Arts is a sport that combines almost every facet of unarmed combat; striking, wrestling, grappling. A huge aspect of MMA is Muay Thai, and flying-knees is a legitimate Muay Thai technique. I do not want it to get banned, because Santos got his skull dented in. Santos shouldn't even be fighting guys like MVP, considering he has been TKO'd 5 times since 2011. Banning it, in my eyes, ruins the purity of the sport.

Compare UFC to Pride FC and other Asian MMA orgs, the UFC banned a lot of stuff that's allowed there. Like soccer-kicks to a downed opponent and foot stomps. And I'm okay with banning them, those don't require skill. But flying knees, a legitimate martial-arts technique that requires a lot of skill, I don't agree with banning those.
And if it was a regular intercepting knee, instead of a flying one, that MVP hit Santos with, it would've been just as or more devastating.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: Evangelista should not be stepping into the cage with fighters MVP. In his last fight, he took 60+ unanswered blows to the head, while he was down. His last 5 losses were by KO/TKO, besides the Diaz loss but he was about to get TKO'd there too. This was a mismatch honestly.

Bellator will cover his surgery fees, which is an awesome thing.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: Evangelista should not be stepping into the cage with fighters MVP. In his last fight, he took 60+ unanswered blows to the head, while he was down. His last 5 losses were by KO/TKO, besides the Diaz loss but he was about to get TKO'd there too. This was a mismatch honestly.

Well, at least some good came out of this ordeal.

To be fair, I didn't know who Evangelista was until Page put him down.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By WarBlade539

@WarBlade539 said:

Well, at least some good came out of this ordeal.

To be fair, I didn't know who Evangelista was until Page put him down.

Mismatches are bad for the sport, Cyborg almost died in his last fight. Mismatches are bad for the sport and harmful for fighters.

And Bellator needs to waste MVP's talent and put him up against better competition. It's been 4 years since he started fighting, it's time for Bellator to step it up honestly.

Turncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Born too late to explore the new world.

Born too early to explore the galaxy

Born just in time for the Pokemon Renaissance