Mike Tyson (in his Prime) vs George Foreman (in his Prime): Who wins & Why? Hardest puncher & why?

mike5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mike5555

Sadly, they never boxed even though Foreman wanted to fight Tyson for years.

I seen both fighters, but Foreman is regarded as hardest hitting ever in boxing history, Not Mike.

Heavy weight only: Mike has power and speed. Foreman has crazy power & can take more hard punishment.

My vote is that they knock each other out 1st double KO in boxing history. Foreman & Tyson don't run.

See Evander say Foreman hits the hardest @

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lMwWynfQKLc

What are your thoughts? Be logical?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Mike Tyson avoided Foreman when George was 41.

That should give you your answer.

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^^^^

This.

And besides, Foreman likes his ears just the way they are.

franky666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By franky666

@blackstaroblivion said:
@comicstooge said:

^^^^

This.

Lol! but i don't think Tyson can reach his ears anyway xD

He will go for the nipples!!

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By never give up
buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

^^^^

This.

10/10

Avatar image for symbiotepsychopath
SymbiotePsychopath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime Foreman makes Prime Tyson look like a PUNK for sure.Not many could do it.Did Foreman ever fight Buster Douglas?

franky666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime Foreman makes Prime Tyson look like a PUNK for sure.Not many could do it.Did Foreman ever fight Buster Douglas?

nope

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Foreman for sure. Styles make fights and these two going at it would favor Foreman. Although I think Tyson would last longer then Frazier did.

SymbiotePsychopath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tayssti: Uggh-Frazier used to do that head bob/crouch thing all the time and get repeatedly face smashed.He was one tough s.o.b. though

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tayssti

@symbiotepsychopath: yeah he was a tough dude. I remember watching an interview where Foreman was actually scared of Frazier before the fight.

Yeah Fraziers swarmer style was terrible against a puncher like Forman. Foreman had great ring control and those uppercuts up the middle was his meal ticket against Frazier.

Edit: OP I wouldn't say Foreman hit the hardest but he was for sure top 3ish. Shavers hit harder.

giantmansolos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By giantmansolos

@tayssti said:

Foreman for sure. Styles make fights and these two going at it would favor Foreman. Although I think Tyson would last longer then Frazier did.

i agree. tysons toughest fights usually cam against, tall, rangy opponents. add in foremans power and it would most likely be a bad fight for tyson. late in his career he didnt seem to care at all about defense or throwing combinations, always looking for that one big crushing blow instead so just about anyone seemed to give him trouble... but i digress.

SymbiotePsychopath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tayssti: I watched the Frazier Ali fights(on YouTube of course,I'm only 33).The amount of damage Frazier took to the dome without humping canvas was ridiculous.If a normal dude on the street walked up and tried punching that guy,they would probably sprain their hand while he stares at them.

Im going to have to check out the Foreman/Frazier stuff.I probably already seen them but I always drink while watching so I don't remember lol.Threads gonna put me back on a boxing kick now

franky666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackstaroblivion said:
@comicstooge said:

^^^^

This.

Lol! but i don't think Tyson can reach his ears anyway xD

He will go for the nipples!!

Hah!

So true :P

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyson trained by Cus D'Amato would take it. Notice how Tyson's career spirals after he dies. All his discipline went out the window and he got slopier and slopier in the ring.

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Tayssti

@symbiotepsychopath:

If you have time watch Ron Lyle vs George Foreman also. Two heavy punchers going at it. Foreman has stated that Lyle was one of if not the hardest punchers hes ever fought. Its a really exciting fight. Round 4 is where most of the excitement happens.

Edit: nvm ill just post the link to the fight.

Loading Video...

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Tyson trained by Cus D'Amato would take it. Notice how Tyson's career spirals after he dies. All his discipline went out the window and he got slopier and slopier in the ring.

Cus himself said that a guy like Mike fighting Foreman was suicide: http://coxscorner.tripod.com/foreman_tyson_fl.html

mike5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SymbiotePsychopath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tayssti: I'm definitely going to watch that up this weekend as a pre-Superbowl treat.Tnx!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#23 JediXMan  Moderator

Moved to OT.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tayssti: That fight really should have been stopped a couple of times. Its sad to see the ref just standing there while Lyle is getting wailed on by Foreman and can barely defend himself.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Foreman across the board. Tyson almost exclusively beat soda cans, and scrubs.

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Mike Tyson avoided Foreman when George was 41.

That should give you your answer."

He was definitely packing more of a punch too.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By dshipp17

@symbiotepsychopath said:

@tayssti: I watched the Frazier Ali fights(on YouTube of course,I'm only 33).The amount of damage Frazier took to the dome without humping canvas was ridiculous.If a normal dude on the street walked up and tried punching that guy,they would probably sprain their hand while he stares at them.

Im going to have to check out the Foreman/Frazier stuff.I probably already seen them but I always drink while watching so I don't remember lol.Threads gonna put me back on a boxing kick now

I saw the Foreman versus Frazier fights and it looked like one of those cases were someone just has your number; Frazier was just outclassed by Foreman at every angle; some master trainer would have had to get to Frazier and give him a totally different game plan based completely on strategy. However, Frazier was just determined to bring his all against Ali because Ali always mocked him; I can definitely empathize with Frazier against Ali (e.g. just having that mindset that either I win or you're just not going to win, while putting everything I have into it, with both strength and brains to dissect this chump). But, on a bizarre flip side, Ali appeared to just have Foreman's number.

I think Foreman vs Tyson would have been interesting; if Foreman couldn't just completely outclass him, Foreman would have taken Tyson to the last round, assuming Tyson lasted that long, and won on points; fighters who could take Tyson past round 4 tended to do best against him, in his prime, and Foreman was just naturally that type of fighter.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Foreman. Is this even debatable. I mean sure Mike could land some heavy blows and impress George, before he gets knocked the F out!

OOCMikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

^^^^

This.

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

@tayssti: That fight really should have been stopped a couple of times. Its sad to see the ref just standing there while Lyle is getting wailed on by Foreman and can barely defend himself.

For the sake of the fighters health I agree, but back then they were more lenient on stopping fights and going into this one every one knew it was going to be this type of fight so stopping it early would have really upset the fans.

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17:

Foreman's was just all wrong for swarmer style fighters. Great ring control, extreme power in both hands, great chin, long reach, and no fear is a big problem when a fighters game plan is to come in and fight on the inside. No matter what Frazier's game plan was he was not going to beat foreman. In order to beat Foreman you had to either be a better slugger/puncher then Foreman, which Frazier could not be because of his limitations in size, reach, power or you had to have the speed, reflex's, timing and reach to stay on the outside and wear him down and even that's questionable if you didn't have the durability and chin to take his shots.

I believe Foreman would have won against Ali in a rematch. That hole rope-a-dope thing Ali dad was very questionable. A lot of people have stated that the ropes were purposely looser then the standard that night for Ali to use that strategy. Foreman wasn't experienced enough and kept wailing on Ali, which to Ali's credit was an incredible amount of punishment to take. Foreman lost that fight from exhaustion, and Ali capitalized on it and put him down. Foreman was so devastated by the lose that he went into a depression for awhile. Himself and no one else ever thought he was going to lose that fight. Hypothetically though, if they both ended up fighting in good health again for a rematch i think Foreman would have taken it. He would have learned from his mistakes.

Foreman vs Tyson would have been cool to see. I don't think a fight between the two would have gone the distance. Tyson had a pretty good chin, but his stamina was pretty much gone by the middle rounds. Tyson was kinda one dimensional in the sense that he only fought going forward and every time he ran into some one worth anything that had greater ring control then him and wasn't afraid to confront him and put him on his back foot he didn't do so well. (Ruddock (Tyson still won his fights with Ruddock but you got a glimpse of what type of fighter would do well against Tyson, Douglas (when he fought Tyson), Holyfield, Louis). These fights were arguably after Tyson's prime, but its also hard going by Tyson's "prime" because he didn't really fight any one worth note, and the guys that were (Spinks and Holmes) were a blown up light heavyweight and way past there prime. Everyone he fought during his prime was pretty much terrified of him and that's a terrible mindset when going into a fight, your beating yourself before the fight even starts.

I think a fight between Foreman vs Tyson would have been closer then the 1st Frazier fight though. Tyson had a lot of advantages over Frazier that i think would have helped him. Tyson was a fast starter compared to Frazier who was a slow starter and didnt really get into his grove till the middle rounds. This could catch Foreman off guard. Tyson had better boxing skills then Frazier. He had a pretty good jab and it was effective when he used it. He had faster hand speed and foot speed. Was physically larger and had power in both hands compared to Frazier in his left hook. His head movement was also different then Frazier's (more slipping used vs bobbing and weaving), so the uppercuts up the middle wouldn't have been as effective against Tyson as they were against Frazier. Tyson however didn't have the heart or the stamina that Frazier had. The stamina probably wouldn't matter because the fight would probably end before it came into play, but the heart would. I don't think Tyson would have gotten back up that many times and that quickly like Frazier did against Foreman.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

Tyson takes both in his prime.