Mass Effect 3

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I wish I would had brought this game years ago. I just recently brought this and Max Payne 3. I have been enjoying them for a while. I am far more interested in Mass Effect though. What are yall favorite aspects of this game? What are some cool things I should know about? Give me opinions.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disappointment the video game.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By TheSpoiler

I liked the missions on Rannoch & Tuchanka. There was a surprisingly large amount of squad dialogue, which I liked (even if the dialogue itself wasn't anything great). There were a few nice pieces of music in the soundtrack, though nothing as memorable as stuff from the first two games (except pieces of music taken from the first two games).

That's about it for things I liked. ME3 was pretty bad & disappointing overall, made even worse after how phenomenal the first two were (still my two favorite games ever). Hopefully Andromeda ends up being good and brings the series back to its former glory.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 juiceboks  Moderator

Ending was overhyped and extremely disappointing, and the newer characters are nowhere near as memorable as the ones from previous games.

They improved the combat system and made mining for minerals a lot less tedious but that's about it.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The only good part of that game was the Krogan storyline.

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the game was fantastic. IMO the shitty ending isn't bad enough for me to forget about the countless hours of enjoyment the rest of the game brought. The high tension of the game was a fun change, the writing was as great as ever, and just seeing all the other side stories that began in the other games finally wrapped up was awesome. I don't know if you finished the game yet so I'll just put my favorites in a spoiler block.

Wrapping up the genophage was an amazing conclusion to both the krogan storyline and mordin's.

After all your work in the first game saving the rachni queen you find that entire species was dominated by the reapers. That hit me in the feels when you saw the queen witnessing her children suffering.

Seeing all the rumors of cerberus and all their evil doings finally coming to light and in the conclusion when you find out the illusive man was indoctrinated the whole time.

Man I love that game. Now I wanna play it again lol.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed the characters (Tali and Garrus being my favorites, Tali being among my favorite RPG companions ever) and the combat was really solid for an RPG. I enjoy a lot of the design choices they made with their Sci-Fi, and some of the races are really neat (Quarians being my favorite). I love that, finally, when you make changes to the weapon, it truly changes the weapon like adding small attachments... just wish the better versions of the attachments made the attachments, themselves, different.

On the flipside, ME3 was really rushed. The ending was pretty poor, even if they had the extra time they wanted, I still doubt I would have liked that ending. No amount of polish can save writers trying to write themselves out of a corner.

What I really want from Mass Effect, above all else, would be a sandbox game. Play as whatever you want, whatever race you want out in the Terminus sector. Customize your ship, have various companions available (have some unrecruitable or recruitable depending on what paths you pick in the game). I want to be able to play a merc, a pirate, whatever. I think taking it away from the, "SAVE THE GALAXY!" and just enjoy this smaller, more personal, story would be amazing. Get a closer look at the ME universe, enjoy the underbelly and criminal elements as your character and their companions grow in this new enviroment..

Of course, it would never happen, BioWare tends to go for the, "Only you can prevent forest fires the destruction of the universe!" in their games, but I can dream.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: That dream... I know that feel bro.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekillerklok:

Upon Feeble Dreams, I Must Cling, Else Scream, For My Dream They Will Not Bring. On This Promise, They Care Only For Profit.
Upon Feeble Dreams, I Must Cling, Else Scream, For My Dream They Will Not Bring. On This Promise, They Care Only For Profit.

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

What I really want from Mass Effect, above all else, would be a sandbox game. Play as whatever you want, whatever race you want out in the Terminus sector. Customize your ship, have various companions available (have some unrecruitable or recruitable depending on what paths you pick in the game). I want to be able to play a merc, a pirate, whatever. I think taking it away from the, "SAVE THE GALAXY!" and just enjoy this smaller, more personal, story would be amazing. Get a closer look at the ME universe, enjoy the underbelly and criminal elements as your character and their companions grow in this new enviroment..

Of course, it would never happen, BioWare tends to go for the, "Only you can prevent forest fires the destruction of the universe!" in their games, but I can dream.

That ... sounds ... AMAZING!!!

The things I would do for that game...

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The bad: Horrible ending (somewhat fixed with the free extended cut DLC), new characters are really boring - especially that Jersey shore guy in the basement.

The good: Pretty much everything, it took the atmosphere that made the first one so great, and the action parts from the second and made the perfect mix. Personally I still prefer the first game but imho, I think ME3 gets too much hate. It's a great series.

Also, dont play ME3 if you havent played 1 and 2 first, it's pretty much a must.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garrus is always a highlight of the ME games. He's a great companion, and he cracks me up. Overall though, ME3 wasn't the best, but it was still a good game. The ending did kinda suck though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The easiest set-up is to go Sentinal (because you have the most shielding). Although, the most firepower belongs to the soldier.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is the best military class? I picked Infiltrator and the powers aren't great or very effective.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

What is the best military class? I picked Infiltrator and the powers aren't great or very effective.

Vanguard was always my favorite class.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: I love soldier. I have played as the soldier class nearly every time, and they are great. Very durable, high offensive power thanks to all their guns... they are a very good all-rounder, especially, if you don't feel like messing around with powers and just want to unload the Dakka on people.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece said:

Sentinal is by far the easiest and fastest way to clear the game. Also pretty much the same weapon loadout as a Soldier.

FactualFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BOITIC CHARGE!!! Just spam the Vanguard's tagline power with an M-6 Carnifex or an M-3 Predator and you will instantly win.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: Funny thing is that I started over and picked Sentinel last week. The game has been a lot easier for me lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece:

Put everything into your tech armor first. Then focus on upgrading incendiary ammo and frag granades. Thirdly upgrade fitness.

Then you'll be the most unstoppable load out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@factualfanboy:

If you're not already a seasoned veteran then Biotic charge is the fastest way to die since it sucks out all of your defensive shielding.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: It has been upgrading automatically for me. My character is at level 25 currently. All my abilities are close to maxing out.

The thing I hate about this game is that some of the decisions are based on the previous games. I had to kill the geths or quarians because the peace option wasn't available.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece:

Mass effect 2 is still my personal favorite. If you have the time to check it out you'd probably like it just as much as 3.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: I definitely would love to. The part where I have to kill Kaidan or Ashley might be a little difficult though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece:

That's in mass effect 1. If you play beginning from 2 you'll never hear much about Kaiden and you'll make alot of new friends.

FactualFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: Do you mean Nova? Biotic charge restores half (full if upgraded) your barriers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@factualfanboy:

When I went through as a Vanguard I must've combined the two. Ive mostly played through the Soldier/Sentinel classes 20 times.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It was the worst game in the series. Repetitive missions, lackluster multiplayer (it didn't even need it), and subpar story.

Mass Effect 2 was the magnus opus of the series.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: Probably explains why it was only 2.99. I paid 4.99 for Max Payne 3. Niether game is that great so far but they is worth the money I paid. I don't get easily bored.

I was considering buying GTA 5 again since the other one got scratched by my cousin. I wasn't playing it that much so it would be a waste of money.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@somayareece: If you're into the online, I would think that it's worth it.

Lhynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lhynn

Almost the whole game is garbage. Shamus Young has a very good retrospective series on it.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Report to the ship as soon as possible. We'll bang, okay?