Marvel vs. Capcom 3? No...Capcom vs.Tatsunoko!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Dane said:
"
@Vance Astro said:
"
@Dane said:
" I'd rather wait for MvC3 "
See you in 2030.
"
Well people said that about Street Fighter on a current gen console. "
The difference between SF and MVC is Capcom owns Street Fighter.They don't own Marvel.They can't make MVC3 without the right.The rights to alot of characters and Marvel in general is almost never free.Thus...see you in 2030.
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@Vance Astro said:
"
@Dane said:
"
@Vance Astro said:
"
@Dane said:
" I'd rather wait for MvC3 "
See you in 2030.
"
Well people said that about Street Fighter on a current gen console. "
The difference between SF and MVC is Capcom owns Street Fighter.They don't own Marvel.They can't make MVC3 without the right.The rights to alot of characters and Marvel in general is almost never free.Thus...see you in 2030.
"
QFT.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#103  Edited By dane

Still rather wait for a game I'd actually want to play vs one that doesn't interest me at all.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By Sparda
@Vance Astro said:
"
@Sparda said:
" http://gonintendo.com/?p=82826NA release....CONFIRMED!(Sorta. Well, I'm happy) "
Too bad I don't have a Wii....
"
There's probably a chance it'll get ported eventually, I would imagine.

Still, I have a Wii. Now I hope it's just playable with a gamecube controller O_o
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Dane said:
" Still rather wait for a game I'd actually want to play vs one that doesn't interest me at all. "
I'm not doubting that.Anyone would,i'm just saying it's going to be a very long time.It seems like Marvel and Capcom are both willing they are just waiting for the right time.It's hard to get the rights free when people are making potential greatest hits but taking like 2-3 years to finish it.Someone from Marvel at Comic-Con said MVC3 might be coming sooner than we thing but I think that was just to get our hopes up.
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Sparda
@Vance Astro said:
"
@Dane said:
" Still rather wait for a game I'd actually want to play vs one that doesn't interest me at all. "
I'm not doubting that.Anyone would,i'm just saying it's going to be a very long time.It seems like Marvel and Capcom are both willing they are just waiting for the right time.It's hard to get the rights free when people are making potential greatest hits but taking like 2-3 years to finish it.Someone from Marvel at Comic-Con said MVC3 might be coming sooner than we thing but I think that was just to get our hopes up.
"
I think they're trying to gauge/raise interest with the re-release of MvC2, and if it sells well enough digitally they'll begin seriously working towards getting MvC3 out there. At least, I hope so.

Maybe E3 will tell us more when it comes about.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Sparda said:
"
@Vance Astro said:
"
@Dane said:
"
I think they're trying to gauge/raise interest with the re-release of MvC2, and if it sells well enough digitally they'll begin seriously working towards getting MvC3 out there. At least, I hope so.Maybe E3 will tell us more when it comes about. "
I don't think so.I think the MVC2 think was just because the game is so popular but nobody can play it on live.That's why they re-released it so people could play again.People said the same thing about SF and the HD Remix.Capcom wasn't trying to gauge anything.Udon wanted to do it and people needed a better version of SFII with all the glitches removed and all that so the HD Remix was made.Capcom was waiting until SF's Anniversary to drop SFIV with the movie.

Capcom already knows MVC2 is going to sell.It's one of if not the most popular 2-D fighters of all time.It's also one of the rarest and the compatibility with XBOX360 sucks.My MCV2 on 360 looks like i'm playing it on the first Dreamcast emulator.It's all slow and laggy.I doubt anything will be announced regarding MVC3 at E3 but there's always hope.
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Sparda
@Vance Astro said:
"
@Sparda said:
"
@Vance Astro said:
"
@Dane said:
"
I think they're trying to gauge/raise interest with the re-release of MvC2, and if it sells well enough digitally they'll begin seriously working towards getting MvC3 out there. At least, I hope so.Maybe E3 will tell us more when it comes about. "
I don't think so.I think the MVC2 think was just because the game is so popular but nobody can play it on live.That's why they re-released it so people could play again.People said the same thing about SF and the HD Remix.Capcom wasn't trying to gauge anything.Udon wanted to do it and people needed a better version of SFII with all the glitches removed and all that so the HD Remix was made.Capcom was waiting until SF's Anniversary to drop SFIV with the movie.

Capcom already knows MVC2 is going to sell.It's one of if not the most popular 2-D fighters of all time.It's also one of the rarest and the compatibility with XBOX360 sucks.My MCV2 on 360 looks like i'm playing it on the first Dreamcast emulator.It's all slow and laggy.I doubt anything will be announced regarding MVC3 at E3 but there's always hope.
"
This is true.

E3-the place and time to hope, and be disappointed :l
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Sparda said:
"
@Vance Astro said:
"
@Sparda said:
"
@Vance Astro said:
"
@Dane said:
"

"
This is true.E3-the place and time to hope, and be disappointed :l "
E3 hasn't been worth a crap since '03.
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Sparda
@Vance Astro said:
"E3 hasn't been worth a crap since '03. "
No argument there.

It's sort of sad when a convention goes downhill AFTER the boothbabes are removed :(
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Sparda said:
"
@Vance Astro said:
No argument there.

It's sort of sad when a convention goes downhill AFTER the boothbabes are removed :( "
They also stopped giving out free stuff at the booths.That killed it as well.They also haven't been showing anything ground breaking there.Once the 3 new consoles were out..it was a wrap.When XBOX720,PS4,and Nintendo WTF is on the way out E3 will probably get good again.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Static Shock

I always thought E3 was something serious. Ever since the older generation consoles were out.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Sparda
@Vance Astro said:
"
@Sparda said:
"
@Vance Astro said:
No argument there.

It's sort of sad when a convention goes downhill AFTER the boothbabes are removed :( "
They also stopped giving out free stuff at the booths.That killed it as well.They also haven't been showing anything ground breaking there.Once the 3 new consoles were out..it was a wrap.When XBOX720,PS4,and Nintendo WTF is on the way out E3 will probably get good again.
"
I heard that it's going back to the big crazy convention it used to be this year. God, I hope there's something really exciting this time around. Last year sorta blew.

@Static Shock said:
" I always thought E3 was something serious. Ever since the older generation consoles were out. "
I used to think it was something serious, but my opinion changed two or three years ago.
SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By SwaggaB0y

E3 will be god this year

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#115  Edited By geraldthesloth

I wanna go to e3 :[

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@SwaggaB0y said:
" E3 will be god this year "
Too bad isn't wasn't...
Johnny_Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Johnny_Blazed

E3 was terrible and CvT being released on the Wii is retarded

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Johnny_Blazed said:
" E3 was terrible and CvT being released on the Wii is retarded "
Agreed.Nobody wants to play a fighter on the damn Wii....
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By pixelized

i take it you didn't get the castlevania game then...

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@pixelized said:
" i take it you didn't get the castlevania game then... "
I don't think it's out yet...
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By pixelized

It is sir, in the Wii Section

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@pixelized said:
" It is sir, in the Wii Section "
Too bad Wii sucks @ss.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By pixelized

it does, and super smash brothers gets old

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Static Shock
@pixelized said:
" it does, and super smash brothers gets old "
LOL. I respectfully disagree.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
" @pixelized said:
" it does, and super smash brothers gets old "
LOL. I respectfully disagree. "
Depends how much you play.When I was in school up in Canada..I played almost on a daily basis.I got to the point where I almost wanted to fight people for asking me to play.But after like 2-3 years I picked it back up again.I didn't play Brawl but I heard it wasn't all it was cracked up to be.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By pixelized

With brawl, all the characters and all the stages are unlocked, the incentive is gone.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@pixelized said:
" With brawl, all the characters and all the stages are unlocked, the incentive is gone. "
That's lame.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Static Shock

It's like that for every fighting game, though. Wouldn't you want to unlock all the stages and characters?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
" It's like that for every fighting game, though. Wouldn't you want to unlock all the stages and characters? "
Yea.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Static Shock
@Vance Astro said:
"Yea. "
So, what's the problem?
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By pixelized
@Vance Astro said:
" @pixelized said:
" With brawl, all the characters and all the stages are unlocked, the incentive is gone. "
That's lame. "
i like how you bumped 80% of your threads by responding to something i said, <3
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@pixelized said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @pixelized said:
That's lame. "
i like how you bumped 80% of your threads by responding to something i said, <3 "
It's all for you Pix :)
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:
" It's like that for every fighting game, though. Wouldn't you want to unlock all the stages and characters? "
nope. not actually. case in point, marvel vs Capcom 2 has been reintroduced for every capable system since it was first introduced, unaltered without addition. people demanded it. actually, they demanded MVC3, and when told it wasnt possible said, fine, MVC2 is good enough. so everything has already been seen in this game yet it keeps getting rerealeased, and there werent many unlockables nor ones that werent just clones to begin with. but the gameplay itself is just that good that it has that replay value. the numbers dont lie. 

with the Smash Bros series, which i liked and am happy to have played, after the unlockables were out of the way it boiled down to gameplay. its structured a little weak, and became boring after sometime. the only time i dragged it out was when a girlfriend brought here kids with (setting a player to CPU for the three year old of course).theyd play for a little bit, then turn and say " Um, we already played this. What else you got. " Games like Smash bros will have to keep coming out with sequals, that for the most part are the same as the prior with more unlockables to continue selling (too bad, because it would be nice if it was just DLC and patches like PC games, but then no $$$ would be made really).
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Static Shock
@CATMANEXE said:
" @Static Shock said:
nope. not actually. case in point, marvel vs Capcom 2 has been reintroduced for every capable system since it was first introduced, unaltered without addition. people demanded it. actually, they demanded MVC3, and when told it wasnt possible said, fine, MVC2 is good enough. so everything has already been seen in this game yet it keeps getting rerealeased, and there werent many unlockables nor ones that werent just clones to begin with. but the gameplay itself is just that good that it has that replay value. the numbers dont lie.   with the Smash Bros series, which i liked and am happy to have played, after the unlockables were out of the way it boiled down to gameplay. its structured a little weak, and became boring after sometime. the only time i dragged it out was when a girlfriend brought here kids with (setting a player to CPU for the three year old of course).theyd play for a little bit, then turn and say " Um, we already played this. What else you got. " Games like Smash bros will have to keep coming out with sequals, that for the most part are the same as the prior with more unlockables to continue selling (too bad, because it would be nice if it was just DLC and patches like PC games, but then no $$$ would be made really). "
OK. Well, I get what you're saying. I mean, Smash Bros is only boring if you have no one to play it with. But, if I had the game and the ability to play it online or with my friends, it would never get boring to me.

Or, maybe I'm just saying that because I never owned the game, myself. I once bored the first Smash Bros from a friend for several months, and played it everyday, though.
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nah. even against friends. we'd usually gravitate to something else. and mean, the bang and wow
was there at first, but fizzled off after some time. i liked them like i said, but in the long term, well
actually, its right in front of me in a drawer covered with dust tell you the truth.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Static Shock
@CATMANEXE said:
" nah. even against friends. we'd usually gravitate to something else. and mean, the bang and wow was there at first, but fizzled off after some time. i liked them like i said, but in the long term, well actually, its right in front of me in a drawer covered with dust tell you the truth. "
I guess we are two different people. LOL.
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pretty much that. not saying anyone else shouldnt love it. im in the "liked" the series type myself."
just didnt want to play it after awhile. im kind of looking foreward to the next one. ill have to see whats announced about it first though.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"Yea. "
So, what's the problem? "
Pix said all of the characters and stuff was already unlocked..that's the problem and the opposite of what i'm agreeing with.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Static Shock
@Vance Astro said:
" Pix said all of the characters and stuff was already unlocked..that's the problem and the opposite of what i'm agreeing with. "
Ehhh...
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mmm....on topic, the more i look at about this game, more i want to play it.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Static Shock
That game is amazing. Hopefully, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 would be more like it (graphics-wise).
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
" That game is amazing. Hopefully, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 would be more like it (graphics-wise). "
Hopefully they'll actually make it.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Static Shock
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I won't believe it until I see it on the shelf.I won't even believe it if I see a trailer.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:

" @Vance Astro said:

"Hopefully they'll actually make it. "

I'm sure of it.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/893/893929p1.html
"
hate to tell you this, but thats 2008 news, and was already bunked a wrong. the game announced as "Marvel Vs Capcom 3"
was actual Capcom announcing Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. They were never separate games.
 http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/05/capcom-marvel-vs-capcom-3-not-part-of-deal-to-re-release-mvc/

to each their own, but i never trust IGN. they publish to many internet rumors as fact without sources then never own up to it, much like the bogus "confirmed characters" list the published way back for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Static Shock

Hmmmm....

SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By SwaggaB0y

to bad its a WII game lol 

and RYU has combos in the game OP!
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By King_Saturn
@CATMANEXE said:

"

"
Holy Crap... this is Awesome
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

haha. i know!

pretty much same match as the last but you get to see alot more of the stage, camera pans and graphics.

game intro 1

another match to display Megaman (i cant wait for his new DS game! )