Least favorite television tropes

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In case any of you didn't know, a television trope is basically a constant conventions you see in nearly all forms of television/movies. The moment you get that 'and this is going to happen next' or 'this always happens' thought is usually when you stumble upon a trope.

So, what are your least favorite?

To get things started, mine is:

- When a guy character is caught in an awkward situation with another girl, like a forced kiss, when his GF or love interest walks in. Instead of explaining their situation immediately, they stammer or get a dumb look on their face.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AllStarSuperman

when some one is posessed or evil, and some one is like, "I know your it there, fight" "remember when we were 3 and..... yada yada" then they snap out of it.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- When a guy character is caught in an awkward situation with another girl, like a forced kiss, when his GF or love interest walks in. Instead of explaining their situation immediately, they stammer or get a dumb look on their face.

when some one is posessed or evil, and some one is like, "I know your it there, fight" "remember when we were 3 and..... yada yada" then they snap out of it.

I hate both of these as well.

Good guy's always win

Deus ex Machina

Status Quo is God

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

flash back episodes

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

1. Evil twins 2. The idiot dad 3. The sad one sided love tri angle (its when there is a happy couple and a third wheel freind whose convinced they have a shot with one of them and doesnt realize how scummy it is to think like that)

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CF12793

When a character goes "bad" for an episode or a few then comes back and was revealed to be mind controlled or working for the bad guy to gain intel or something, so the other main characters are just automatically forgiving of them and sympathetic towards them. Not a TV show but a good example of this is Hawkeye in the Avengers: How would team members who already don't trust eachother enough willingly accept a guy who was completely evil for half the movie, and gave no indication whether or not the mind control was 100% reversed.

It may not be a TV trope, but whenever I see that on TV or in a film, it annoys me. Maybe I'm just not as trustworthy as fictional characters are.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793 said:

When a character goes "bad" for an episode or a few then comes back and was revealed to be mind controlled or working for the bad guy to gain intel or something, so the other main characters are just automatically forgiving of them and sympathetic towards them. Not a TV show but a good example of this is Hawkeye in the Avengers: How would team members who already don't trust eachother enough willingly accept a guy who was completely evil for half the movie, and gave no indication whether or not the mind control was 100% reversed.

It may not be a TV trope, but whenever I see that on TV or in a film, it annoys me. Maybe I'm just not as trustworthy as fictional characters are.

That happens a lot. It's defiantly a TV trope.