Kobe is the greatest nba player to play in nba

wario1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By wario1988

Ya i know his team is struggling right now, but Kobe is the greatest and yes he beats MJ he beats LJ he beats who ever played in nba ever!

Kobe and his team will make the playoffs and i hope the Lakers will win it all!

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Nelomaxwell

@wario1988: I agree.

Avatar image for a_touch_of_class__atc_
A Touch of Class (ATC)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wario1988 said:

Ya i know his team is struggling right now, but Kobe is the greatest and yes he beats MJ he beats LJ he beats who ever played in nba ever!

Kobe and his team will make the playoffs and i hope the Lakers will win it all!

I think he has yet to show that he is on Michael Jordan's level.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By King_Saturn
Kobe Bryant is the Best NBA Player of the 21st Century... but Not Overall. I think Michael Jordan is still the Greatest.
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Dreadmaster

Haaaaaaa

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I'm a huge Kobe\Lakers Franchise fan but Kobe isn't the best we've ever seen. He may be the best Laker we've ever seen but he's not better than Micheal Jordan and he's not better than Lebron James and by the time Kevin Durant's career is over he will be better than Kobe as well.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xblah_blahx

Kobe is arguably the greatest player in the NBAb right now. But he is still nowhere near MJ's level.

Batnandez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Batnandez

wario 1988 is the dumbest poster in the history of forums.

No he's top 10 at best, he has so many flaws as a player that MJ didn't including...

Kobe disrupts the offence and goes into mamba mode.

He's an extremely overrated and lazy help defender.

Gets beaten by quicker younger players.

Will chuck up last second shots always even if the coach draws up a play it doesn't matter.

Bad teammate.

Takes way to many isos and has never CONSISTENTLY gotten teammates involved due to never letting the offense set. Assists are only part of the story.

And no he isn't the best Laker we've seen. Kareem and Magic were much better and did anyone forget about Wilt?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Batnandez said:

wario 1988 is the dumbest poster in the history of forums

That's disrespectful. Keep comments like this to yourself.

@Batnandez said:

The Lakers currently have no real offense. He didn't have this problem the first two season they got Gasol.

@Batnandez said:
He takes some plays off, but he is a good defender.

@Batnandez said:
Will chuck up last second shots always even if the coach draws up a play it doesn't matter.
He SHOULD be taking the last shot. 

@Batnandez said:
Bad teammate.
Based on?

@Batnandez said:
And no he isn't the best Laker we've seen. Kareem and Magic were much better and did anyone forget about Wilt?
No, they weren't. Even Magic says so.
Avatar image for captain_yesterday
Captain_Yesterday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Get back to me when Kobe has that many rings.

Batnandez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Batnandez

@Vance Astro said:

@Batnandez said:

I was a horrendously dumb thing to say.
@Batnandez said:

The Lakers currently have no real offense. He didn't have this problem the first two season they got Gasol.
No, he's always done this, they just won more and used the triangle so it didn't matter as much. Watch MJ play in the triangle he only isod when the set wasn't working, the result was better percentage shots and more team involvement.
@Batnandez said:
Good defenders don't take some plays off.
@Batnandez said:
No the open person should be, his percentage sucks in this regard. Today him or Steve should but in the past the Lakers had good shooters.
@Batnandez said:
Bad teammate.
Based on?
Shaq left because of him, Gasol has had issues with him, Parker hated, Kwame said he was a dick, the recent Dwight drama etc...
@Batnandez said:
Magic says stupid stuff all the time, if it makes him look nice than he'll say it. I've only seen hi go hard on someone hen he said Westbrook sucks and he does.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Captain_Yesterday said:
No Caption Provided

Get back to me when Kobe has that many rings.

He only needs one more.

@Batnandez said:

@Vance Astro said:

@Batnandez said:

I was a horrendously dumb thing to say.
@Batnandez said:

No, he's always done this, they just won more and used the triangle so it didn't matter as much. Watch MJ play in the triangle he only isod when the set wasn't working, the result was better percentage shots and more team involvement.
@Batnandez said:
Good defenders don't take some plays off.
@Batnandez said:
No the open person should be, his percentage sucks in this regard. Today him or Steve should but in the past the Lakers had good shooters.
@Batnandez said:
Bad teammate.
Based on?
Shaq left because of him, Gasol has had issues with him, Parker hated, Kwame said he was a dick, the recent Dwight drama etc...
@Batnandez said:
Magic says stupid stuff all the time, if it makes him look nice than he'll say it. I've only seen hi go hard on someone hen he said Westbrook sucks and he does.
1.That's not the point. Insulting people on CV is against the rules. If you think something he said was dumb you can simply post in disagreement instead of calling him stupid.

2.The Lakers have no problem functioning offensively because anything that has to do with Kobe.

3.The Lakers offense not functioning properly is due to the current system. Has nothing to do with Kobe.

4.The do when they're 34 and carrying most of the weight in whether they win or not.

5.It depends on what you need for your last shot. If you need a 3 to win the game you're not looking to dish to a big man. Kobe is taking that shot every time and that's who should be taking it.

6.Gasol,Kwame,Dwight,and Smush Parker issues with Kobe are nothing like what issues he had with Shaq. He outted Shaq about something that had nothing to do with basketball. For the rest of those guys they disagree on basketball related stuff. He gives credit where credit is do but if he thinks you're not playing to the best of your ability or you are in the way of the teams progress..he's going to say something but aside from Shaq he's never straight up turned on a teammate. Kobe loves Pau and vice versa and he and Dwight never had any major issues. Can't blame him for being passionate about the game.

7.What makes you think that Kareem,Magic,or Wilt are better than Kobe.
soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By soduh2

Kobe is likely going to retire soon.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14  Edited By Xanni15

Kobe's top 10 all time, but he's not top 5 right now in the NBA. LeBron's playing other worldly overall, as is Durant on offense. And I would rank Duncan over him since he's been in the league.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@King Saturn said:

Kobe Bryant is the Best NBA Player of the 21st Century... but Not Overall. I think Michael Jordan is still the Greatest.

This.

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By skooks

Michael Jordan called, he just laughed.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
@Batnandez said:And no he isn't the best Laker we've seen. Kareem and Magic were much better and did anyone forget about Wilt?
@Vance Astro:

I take what most players with a grain of salt (they are always being modest) because if we go by that Jordan has said that Magic and Bird are just as good as him Do you believe that?Probably not. Imo Magic is the second best player to play the game behind Jordan.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@dccomicsrule2011 said:

I take what most players with a grain of salt (they are always being modest) because if we go by that Jordan has said that Magic and Bird are just as good as him. Imo Magic is the second best player to play the game behind Jordan.

I think Lebron is the second best player behind Jordan.
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@Vance Astro said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

I take what most players with a grain of salt (they are always being modest) because if we go by that Jordan has said that Magic and Bird are just as good as him. Imo Magic is the second best player to play the game behind Jordan.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Maybe I'm biased because I grew up in Chicago with a giant-@$$ MJ poster on my wall of him dunking over Patrick Ewing's head, but MJ, to this point, is the greatest player of all time. I have no proof. I'm biased as all heck. I am from Chicago.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@inferiorego said:

Maybe I'm biased because I grew up in Chicago with a giant-@$$ MJ poster on my wall of him dunking over Patrick Ewing's head, but MJ, to this point, is the greatest player of all time. I have no proof. I'm biased as all heck. I am from Chicago.

LOL @ Patrick Ewing, he was the victim of so many posters.
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@Vance Astro said:

@inferiorego said:

lol... I had another one with Scottie Pippen shooting a three while Ewing just stood there staring at him.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@Vance Astro said:

@inferiorego said:

LOL true, the time when Pippen dunked on him is arguably the greatest poster dunk ever

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By weaponxx

No one has yet to get close to MJ. He was phenomenal.

Avatar image for deathstrokemerc
DeathstrokeMerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DeathstrokeMerc

Maybe. But Jordan had way more respect and love from basketball fans. He wasn't a douche like Kobe.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@weaponx said:

No one has yet to get close to MJ. He was phenomenal.

When Lebron's career is over he will be Jordan's equal if not better. His stats and accolades are growing at a ridiculous rate and he won't take a hiatus on top of the fact he's younger than what Jordan was when he entered the league.
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@Vance Astro said:

@inferiorego said:

LOL true, the time when Pippen dunked on him is arguably the greatest poster dunk ever

oops... I'm wrong... I had two posters of someone dunking on Ewing

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@inferiorego said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@Vance Astro said:

@inferiorego said:

oops... I'm wrong... I had two posters of someone dunking on Ewing

LOL poor Ewing.

Batnandez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Batnandez

@Vance Astro: Wilt and Kareem are the best big men of there era unstoppable period. Magic is the best pg ever, Kobe is not the best 2 guard ever. He's not, no expert living will say Kobe is better than MJ. You could argue Jerry West was better than Kobe, 27 7 and 6. It's a toss up between those two imo. Kareem and Magic also played on one of the best teams of all time. While the 3 peat lakers were great, it was Shaq who was the best player on that team not Kobe. You're semi right in saying that the lakers current offensive woes aren't totally Kobe's fault, they need to establish the pic and roll with Dwight better but I think they can't because of his back, but that doesn't make what I said false. Kobe going into mamba mode is bad for the team. It's just fact that kobe isn't close to being as efficient with last second shots as everyone thinks. I believe Melo and Pierce rank much higher and probably Joe Johnson. I just named a slew of players that hate kobe and you're going to rationalize my point, if you have to jump through hoops to prove your point you know you are wrong.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Xanni15

@Vance Astro said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Agreed, and like you said later LeBron's only getting closer. Jordan's career is over, LeBron's is still going strong.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By King_Saturn
I wonder where you folks think Tim Duncan sit among the Great Basketball Players of All Time ?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Batnandez said:

@Vance Astro: Wilt and Kareem are the best big men of there era unstoppable period.

I think the difference in era is the cause of this. You think if Wilt had to play against centers like Shaq & Dwight he'd have those same accolades?

@Batnandez said:

Magic is the best pg ever, Kobe is not the best 2 guard ever. He's not, no expert living will say Kobe is better than MJ. 

The best 2 guard ever may be the greatest PLAYER of the sport ever so that's not a fair comparison.

@Batnandez said:

Kareem and Magic also played on one of the best teams of all time.

Which lends less credibility to them individually. Kobe has never played on a team that has as good a starting 5 of some of the teams they've been on. 

@Batnandez said:

You could argue Jerry West was better than Kobe, 27 7 and 6.

How could you argue that, because he had SLIGHTLY better career overall stats? You have to remember what kind of defenders Kobe has done this against in comparison. You also have to remember that Kobe has more awards and career highlights.

@Batnandez said:

You're semi right in saying that the lakers current offensive woes aren't totally Kobe's fault, they need to establish the pic and roll with Dwight better but I think they can't because of his back, but that doesn't make what I said false. Kobe going into mamba mode is bad for the team. It's just fact that kobe isn't close to being as efficient with last second shots as everyone thinks. I believe Melo and Pierce rank much higher and probably Joe Johnson.

I'm completely right. The Lakers offensive woes aren't at the fault of Kobe, he pretty much IS the offense and to no fault of his own. The team has non chemistry. Kobe has given several different Lakers a chance to take those shots over the years especially as of the last couple of years, but as the SHOOTING GUARD and the player that scores the most he's going to take those shots. That's his job.

@Batnandez said:

I just named a slew of players that hate kobe and you're going to rationalize my point, if you have to jump through hoops to prove your point you know you are wrong.

I'm not rationalizing your point. You said Kobe Bryant was a bad teammate but only with Shaq did he do anything that ruined what they had as teammates. Kobe's relationship with those players never effected their chemistry on the court. Also you didn't name a whole slew of players who HATE Kobe you named 3. Pau and Dwight don't as far as you can prove.
Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Xanni15

@King Saturn: Top 10 for sure, but not top 5 so maybe 7th or 8th.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By laflux

@Vance Astro:

I know embarrassingly little about Basketball but doesn't that remind you of Space Jam?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By King_Saturn
@Vance Astro said: 

@Batnandez said:

You could argue Jerry West was better than Kobe, 27 7 and 6.

How could you argue that, because he had SLIGHTLY better career overall stats? You have to remember what kind of defenders Kobe has done this against in comparison. You also have to remember that Kobe has more awards and career highlights.  
Also, Part of the Reason that Jerry West has Better Stats than Kobe is because Mr. Clutch came straight out of College into the NBA as a Starter whereas Kobe did not... plus you consider the fact that Jerry West only has 1 NBA Title whereas Kobe has 5 NBA titles... that alone puts Black Mamba over Mr. Clutch... btw, for a guy who is called Mr. Clutch, Jerry West having only 1 NBA title to show for it is kind of funny. 
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@laflux said:

@Vance Astro:

I know embarrassingly little about Basketball but doesn't that remind you of Space Jam?

Everything reminds me of Space Jam :)
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By King_Saturn
I wonder if Lebron could ever have a 32 ppg  8 rpg  8 apg season like Jordan did back in 1988-89. 
Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#39  Edited By turoksonofstone

kobe! lmao.

ArrowRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ArrowRain

Kobe can still take Lebron so relax. 2013 East vs West All Star game is proof. Get blocked!!....TWICE! King James. Also my money is on KD-Kevin Durant, he's just evolving so fast. Getting better everytime he plays

LONGTIME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By LONGTIME

Lebron is better than Kobe ever was. Deal with it Faker fans.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ssejllenrad

Naaaaah!!!! MJ is still better. MJ is still the best. Go Michael Jackson!!!! Wait... I meant the other guy. Nyahahahahaha!

And in my opinion, Magic was still a better Laker than Kobe.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#43  Edited By kuonphobos

My only question is who is the greatest NBA player that didn't play in the NBA?

Charlie_Jade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Charlie_Jade

playoff per game numbers

STEALS

Jordan 2.1 Kobe 1.4

REBOUNDS

Jordan 6.4 Kobe 5.

SLAM DUNK CONTEST WINNER

Jordan 2 Kobe 0

Jordan 6 nba finals MVP Kobe 2 nba finals MVP

Jordan 10 times scoring champ of the year Kobe 2 times scoring champ of the year

@kuonphobos said:

My only question is who is the greatest NBA player that didn't play in the NBA?

too difficult to say, the NBA is the best place to be yet there are some amazing players from Argentina, China, Turkey etc who never got a chance and maybe could have made an impact. Ike of Nigeria had a terrible NBA run but his amateur impact during the Olympics is massive. It's difficult to judge who would have made it professionally if they were given the right support and started early

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46  Edited By SavageDragon

Ever heard of Jerry West and Oscar Robertson, or Magic? Kobe is not above them. Let alone MJ

TreeOfLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TreeOfLife

I will never get past the fact that he likely got away with rape.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@ArrowRain said:

Kobe can still take Lebron so relax. 2013 East vs West All Star game is proof. Get blocked!!....TWICE! King James. Also my money is on KD-Kevin Durant, he's just evolving so fast. Getting better everytime he plays

Kobe only did that at the end because he wouldn't have had the energy to do it the whole game. Lebron still has youth on his side.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@SavageDragon said:

Ever heard of Jerry West and Oscar Robertson, or Magic? Kobe is not above them. Let alone MJ

Kobe is better than all 3 of them. ESPECIALLY Jerry West.

@TreeOfLife said:

I will never get past the fact that he likely got away with rape.

What does that have to do with basketball?
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ssejllenrad

@Glitch_Spawn said:

Wayne Gretzky is the greatest basketball player ever.

Pele beats Wayne cause we all know white men can't jump!