• 51 results
Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pfcoolio14

I feel like everyone's been throwing things around before Xbox One had a chance to release itself.

The Kinect doesn't have to be on for you to play the Xbox. It just has to be plugged in. Microsoft said you could turn it off. So the whole conspiracy theorists thing is disbanded. Not only that, but the Kinect has a cool Illuminate system that uses augmented reality on your living room to make the experience better so I don't see why you'd want to turn it off.

And with people talking about how friends can't borrow games. That's disbanded with the Family sharing System. Friend's could borrow your games without even having the disc. (Up to 10 friends can be in your family) So I don't see why everyone is pissed off over that.

Everyone's disregarded the fact that DRM only occurs if the said company wants it to happen. We don't know how many company's are gonna act on this if any. So I don't see why everyone is mad. Probably only EA, and even then I don't see the outrage.

Everyone's mad because it's a media like system. I don't see what's wrong with that. No console nowadays only plays games. That was 2 gens ago with the PS2. So I don't see what the problem is. You can access things more easily so why is everyone mad. Another thing I saw was someone being mad over getting achievements for watching TV. I honestly don't see the problem with that. You get achievments for watching TV. That should be a good thing.

The only thing I see that's wrong with it is the whole you have to be connected every 24 hours. But even then, the typical customer, usually has internet. Heck, you have internet right now which is why you're able to read this. So none of you should be complaining. The only people this could be a problem for is someone abroad or in the Navy or a military base. But for anyone else, I suggest internet before the Xbox One. It's a lot more important if you're complaining.

I just feel like Microsoft was trying to make the system more accessible to people that didn't just want to play games and wanted to get more worth for their buck. People are giving them heck for it. Even the games on the Xbox during the E3 Convention interested me more. The only exceptions are KH3 and Infamous Last Son. That's just what I think anyways. E3 didn't have to be this:

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know what so bad about it either. People be exaggeratin'.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

It's still pretty bad, it's still stupid, and I still won't by it.

All the "great features" for the Xbone were crap I didn't care about or things that I actually find annoying, I won't get a console for a few games when all the actual console parts of the deal are problems and not things that actually help my experience.

Microsoft was too quick to the table and they foolishly burned a lot of bridges and mine was one of them.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Not really been keeping up with the whole X Box one thing. I have heard complaints though and I can see why.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

It's bad, but if Microsoft capitalizes on the strengths of their crappy policies, it can overall be more appealing for gamers.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The Damn thing is watching you all day, all days.

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's still pretty bad, it's still stupid, and I still won't by it.

All the "great features" for the Xbone were crap I didn't care about or things that I actually find annoying, I won't get a console for a few games when all the actual console parts of the deal are problems and not things that actually help my experience.

Microsoft was too quick to the table and they foolishly burned a lot of bridges and mine was one of them.

What great features were crap?

The fact that the subscription isn't tied to one account and that if you have it, anyone in your house can access Xbox Live Gold?

The fact that you can borrow a game from 10 friends online at anytime without having the disc?

The fact that you can play your games ANYWHERE? Even if you've logged into the Xbox at a friends house or a cousin's house across the Country?

The New User interface where they made sure there would be no Ads on your personal homescreen?

The award winning controller?

The award winning motion tracking gaming device that could even accurately detect emotions as well as your heart rate during a game?

The Instant system that would allow for Instant anything like skyping with friends or family or seeing the score of a game while playing your game?

There are lots of other things people have been glazing over and it's sad

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000:

I clarified that in the OP. It doesn't have to be on. Just plugged in. Microsoft said you could turn it off if you wanted to. People just ignored that

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pfcoolio14: They said that, but they also said you have to be online when you play and that they have a console for all the non online players that was called x box 360, they want you online during the time you are playing .

After connecting your console to the internet and logging in to your Xbox Live, you can play a game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console. [1] Offline gaming is not possible after these time limits until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV, Blu-ray and DVD movies offline.

Yeah, there is nothing wrid going on.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Take that X Box One.

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000:

But did you read the good reasons for that.

You even mentioned one, the fact that you can log on and play games from your library without a disc at a friend or family members house.

Because every Xbox One owner has a broadband connection, developers can create massive, persistent worlds that evolve even when you’re not playing

Xbox One is designed to run in a low-powered, connected state. This means your system, games and apps are always current and ready to play—no more waiting for updates

Never miss an opportunity to play games with your friends or to catch up with family on Skype. Use Skype in Snap mode to chat while you play games or watch TV. Or enjoy group video Skype calls with people around the world, all from the comfort of your living room.

After signing in and installing, you can play any of your games from any Xbox One because a digital copy of your game is stored on your console and in the cloud. So, for example, while you are logged in at your friend’s house, you can play your games. (The one you mentioned)

You’ll be able to buy disc-based games at traditional retailers or online through Xbox Live, on day of release.

Those are the Pros and I can assure you most people that have the money for a console have Internet

Now for the reason

The Xbox One is designed (and required) to verify if your system, application, or games need updates or if you’ve acquired new games. Additionally checking if you’ve resold, traded in, or shared a game with a friend.

And let's be honest. Will you really be playing a game for 24 hours before you can connect it back to the Internet. The Xbox still works. You just can't play the game until you get the connection back. Most connection problems don't last for more than an hour, so I'm sure you yourself won't have a problem since you're on the Internet right now. Only people that are maybe abroad, or at a Navy base. Aside from that, imagine being abroad or in another state or country and the person or friend/family member you're staying with has an Xbox One. You can still play all the games in your library without even having the disc.

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@pfcoolio14:

Do you work for Microsoft?

(JK)

Anyway the problem with the Xbox One is that they have put such absurd and complex polices on the console that its just gotten a bit out of hand and at this point it wouldn't even be worth buying one.

(Also please bare with me as I'm not a techno head and I just play video games. So this rant is based on only what I know. So please correct what I may be wrong about. )

First all games must be installed on the hard drive, correct? All those games installed plus the save data from any other games. It seems like huge misuse of a 500 gig console to force people to do that.

The sheer idea of getting achievements for watching TV is the laziest thing I've ever heard. Who the hell gets awards for sitting on their asses and staring at a screen? Sure when you game you sit on your ass but at least you earned the rewards.By putting time and effort into the game. Now all you gotta do is just look.....no you could probably fall asleep (eyes completely shut) and still get achievements.

Yes we are mad because its a media like system. Its supposed to be games first and all that other stuff second. Xbox One is not a console for gamers. It proved that when it centered its reveal around televsion and implemented these terrible things (That could of been so simple)

You need internet to even play the thing. Which is absurd as not everyone has net. Even if you can afford an Xbox One does not mean you pay every month for internet. That kills a small portion of the market and by the way the people on Military bases deserve to play it as much as anyone else.

Speaking of playing. Its region locked. So our gaming brothers in other places are pretty much out of luck.

And finally the worst thing is the used game thing they are trying to pull. Its literally mind boggling. What they are doing is literally going to kill mom and pop gaming stores. When you a buy a game it should be yours to do with as you like. They have taken that right away.

Sure you can share games. But only once for each game and after 30 days of that person being on your friends list.

They have made things that should be a simple process into something riddled with rules after rules.

Loading Video...

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By InnerSuperman
Loading Video...

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The Damn thing is watching you all day, all days.

LOL! Hilarious photos!

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By SideburnGuru

Someone already posted The Angry Joe video that I was about to. Watch that for the whole flawed "family share" bull. It's ridiculous.

I can't believe in this day and age, people are still justifiying the actions of Microsoft. "IT'S NOT BAD. I MEAN, IT REQUIRES ALOT OF RIDICULOUS EXTENSIONS, TELLS ANYONE WITHOUT THE INTERNET THAT THEY CAN'T PLAY, SO IF YOUR POWER GOES DOWN WATCH OUT.

What's that? Used GAME POLICY? NAH DATS OKAY. Forget not EVERYONE can shell out 60 bucks on a game. IT'S PERFECTLY okay to say shove off used games, which would actually just hurt businesses that rely on that. Duuuuh. "

I mean honestly, half your points are ridiculous. I'm not even going onto the Award Winning Control nonsense. All depends on what you're playing.

I bet if you're playing the only exclusives that the X-Box offers, which are FPS games, THAT'S FINE. Play other games, like racing, platforming, or especially fighters [And I can back the fighters one up. Hell, Gamefaqs X-Box boards said enough with the controller issue], then it's not so reward winning.

You honestly expect any COMPANY, to say "Nah, let them pay 20 dollars for our game we worked hard on.". Again, OOOOKAY.

I honestly feel people already beat me to alot of this, as in @slacker_the_hacker covered most of what I was going to reply about anyway.

X-Box One sucks. It is really that bad. PS4 dominated them. Also, yeah, somewhat relevant. Here's Microsoft caring about it's consumers without internet connection :

Loading Video...

Slow clap.

Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: I'm pretty sure if the power goes down, you wouldn't be playing the system regardless.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oblivionknight: I could've swore I edited that part out and put internet goes down.

Woops. Meant if your internet goes down.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@pfcoolio14:

if you are an apologist then I feel sympathy, I too have been a xbox gamer till the 360

However

If you are an employee of m$ then get bent and stop promoting your merch on nintendo's bestbuy events

I feel like everyone's been throwing things around before Xbox One had a chance to release itself.

You can't judge them when they come out, then it will be too late to complain. Hurt them in their infancy where the devs can still change things

Not only that, but the Kinect has a cool Illuminate system that uses augmented reality on your living room to make the experience better so I don't see why you'd want to turn it off.

Its the same problem with m$, and how they package sh!t you don't need. When buying office people tend to use word, pp or excel but they overcharge with a bunch of useless crap. You can't just buy a 'word' they give whole package.

. (Up to 10 friends can be in your family)

Too limited

Everyone's disregarded the fact that DRM only occurs if the said company wants it to happen.

PS4 fact stolen

Everyone's mad because it's a media like system. I don't see what's wrong with that. No console nowadays only plays games. That was 2 gens ago with the PS2. So I don't see what the problem is.

Betrayal from the root customers to branch out to reach casuals, sooner or later it will be just like any microsoft product. Copied, and pirated in cheap outlets where it is better to buy.

. You get achievments for watching TV. That should be a good thing.

Pointless

The only thing I see that's wrong with it is the whole you have to be connected every 24 hours. But even then, the typical customer, usually has internet.

Not all gamers are american, most of them hate region locking

I just feel like Microsoft was trying to make the system more accessible to people that didn't just want to play games and wanted to get more worth for their buck.

classic case of m$ putting their profits before their customer base

Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: that's fine. It's just I've seen that argument so many times. I mean, of course you won't be playing if your power goes down, ya know?

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oblivionknight: Of course! I'm just saying with the internet though, it would really suck. Especially if you try to take it out on a trip to the beach, like me and my friends for when it rains at the beach.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#26  Edited By BumpyBoo
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Deranged Midget

@bumpyboo: Well now it seems there's really no difference between the two anymore! Now we see if that Kinect thing disappears as well.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

@deranged_midget: I certainly hope so. But you were right all along, the wait-and-see attitude really is the one to take, especially when neither console is on the shelves yet.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: Haha, I don't believe in the need for pessimism! Patience always wins :)

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I won't knock it until I try it.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog: Cool, it's your preference mate :)

PartialSanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@partialsanity: Indeed my friend! We both made speculations, but never did we imagine for it to happen so soon! Optimism plays out the victor! :)

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still hating on them until the Ban is lifted and the NSA surveillance is off

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xbox 180... sounds a lot better than Xbone.

PartialSanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@partialsanity: HAHA! I'll get right on it! But I'm curious to see how that plays out. Will Microsoft still ship out the standard box with the Kinect? Will they release a version similar to PS4's price without the device? I'm curious because the whole point of Kinect was to tie in with the constant connectivity of the console and they've even confirmed that you don't need to utilize the Kinect at all regarding voice commands if you didn't want to. So, will this render it moot?

PartialSanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: I don't know about that. They seem to be really proud of the Kinect and they seem to want to push the product.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@partialsanity: We'll see what happens then. All we can do is wait, and I'm pretty sure this most recent development has proven that ;)

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@partialsanity: HAHA! I'll get right on it! But I'm curious to see how that plays out. Will Microsoft still ship out the standard box with the Kinect? Will they release a version similar to PS4's price without the device? I'm curious because the whole point of Kinect was to tie in with the constant connectivity of the console and they've even confirmed that you don't need to utilize the Kinect at all regarding voice commands if you didn't want to. So, will this render it moot?

I can tell you as someone who's worked on games for consoles (including the 360 and PS3), this almost certainly wont happen. It's just too late in the development cycle to make big changes like having a sku without a Kinect. Once they make the decision on what hardware is standard on the console, that's it. Every decision they make and every game makes the assumption that this will be attached. If you then make it optional, it will break all kinds of things in the OS and in games that are under development.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: Interesting! What developmental studio's have you worked for?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By willpayton

@willpayton: Interesting! What developmental studio's have you worked for?

Oh boy... a bunch. I worked for Digital Anvil, which was later bought out by MS and became part of the Microsoft Game Studios. I also worked for Acclaim, Factor 5, and others. As far as consoles, I've worked on games for the Xbox, Xbox 360, PS2, PS3, Wii, and iOS.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could swear I live in Bizarro Universe :|

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 rogueshadow  Moderator

It's pretty bad tbh.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

What bothers me is the same people who hated X-Box One before now loves it again because Microsoft made some desperate last minute changes, the important thing is what they tried to do at first.. And you people are supporting and encouraging them to try something like that again. Not that the changes they have made made the console much better. Im not saying Sony or Nintendo wouldnt do the same thing if they got the chance, but Microsoft really f'd things up and with a total disregard for their fans.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct said:

?

Here where I live things are reversed, the PS4 is hated by everyone while the Xbox One is beloved, just like the North having a barren climate and the South being cold. I want to see how nerx, frogdog and all people who hated on Microsoft would feel about this ironic situation lol

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

?

Here where I live things are reversed, the PS4 is hated by everyone while the Xbox One is beloved, just like the North having a barren climate and the South being cold. I want to see how nerx, frogdog and all people who hated on Microsoft would feel about this ironic situation lol

Eh, I feel like the majority of hate that the XONE has received (and still does) comes directly from their original plans of the console; DRM, constant online connection, etc. Sony played it smart this time around and Microsoft will have a terrible time shedding their poor reputation.