Is the SCP foundation real?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jadenyuki02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just watched a YouTube video detailing the top 55 SCP's and it looked legit. They even blurred out some information (the exact location of the scp's, some of the scientists names,etc). At first I thought it was just a horror game but now I'm having second thoughts.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By kyrees

no, it's not real. it's a well crafted horror/science fiction story compendium which focuses on giving sufficient info to tickle your mind. the censored parts of each entry is meant to make you think what it is without ever confirming what they really are.

BulletTimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes, it's real. It's a branch of the FBI. And yes, they do own an unkillable alligator.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

No. Its essentially a fan fic site. The thing is just they write their stories like government documents, blocking names, locations, dates, etc.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's real. I know this because my friend's friend knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who said it was legit.

Avatar image for mr_onomatopoeia
Mr_Onomatopoeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely. My uncles second cousins ants boyfriends parents know a bloke whose wife knows a child whose parents great granddad used to work there.

Avatar image for deactivated-57af58bda2d61
deactivated-57af58bda2d61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Avatar image for deadpool_the_merc_with_a_mouth
Deadpool_The_Merc_With_A_Mouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. That's like asking if Aperture Science or Umbrella Corporation is real. Completely fake.

Avatar image for creepygirlfactor
CreepyGirlFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CreepyGirlFactor

I honestly find this hilarious, everyone says SCP isn't real. Yet, with everything the government tests secretly? You have a hard time believing SCP could be real. Like Roswell, New Mexico or even the site of that New Zealand cave they found years and years ago. The fact the government can fashion a spybot that is no bigger than a mosquito. Some people need to have broaden minds, there are wayyyy to many unexplained events that happen in our world, to say SCP doesn't exist. Lol For the record, just because someone wrote about it, doesn't mean it doesn't already exist. Governmental things leak out all the time.

ridd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wildvine  Moderator

Yes. The government can make a spybot the size of a fly. Therefore I should believe in the possibility of pills that can cure anything, a version of Hell specifically for giraffes, sentient snot and a deer from Saturn that can end the world.

Those things correlate perfectly.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Toratorn

@creepygirlfactor: government secrets and unknown stuff exists, yes. SCP Foundatuion with their portable black holes, unkillable reptiles, dime a dozen deities and dimensional hopping people does not exist.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By fabricolage

Imagine if MIB were real and making people doubt it...but eh, imagine if it was based on something like area 51 and all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5405244e89c
deactivated-5b5405244e89c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@wildvine said:

No. Its essentially a fan fic site. The thing is just they write their stories like government documents, blocking names, locations, dates, etc.

@wildvine said:

Yes. The government can make a spybot the size of a fly. Therefore I should believe in the possibility of pills that can cure anything, a version of Hell specifically for giraffes, sentient snot and a deer from Saturn that can end the world.

Those things correlate perfectly.

First no and then yes?!?!

This is gaslighting! You're one of them!!!!

Craftspirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Craftspirit

So, I reply, as a member of the SCP Foundation website, french branch, Dr Spirit as username.

The SCP Foundation Isn't real. It's a very big creepypasta website, wich regroups multiples writers to write wiki articles about multiple anormalous entities and objects, in a way that it can be seen as a real secret extragovernemental organisation.

The SCP Foundation contains over thousands of wiki pages, each concerning a specific anormalous entity.

But all of this Isn't real at all. Its just... Scientificely extremely accurate and realistic ^^

So I can assure you guys that **no**, the SCP Foundation Isn't a real organisation.

EDIT : and @creepygirlfactor : you must know that a human isnt made to hold a secret : something big as the SCP Foundation is an extremely big secret to hold, and only after 3 years, the world should have known all the secret of this Foundation by someone who breached this secret. So your argument isn't really good as it looks like...

JamesCotton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But whose to say that SCP-173 wasn't an actual info breach? Who can really confirm the fakeness of a post that appeared and whose "creator" hasn't been seen or heard from since almost the time it was posted?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very real. The video game was based on it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course, their base is at [DATA EXPUNGED] and the guy who runs everything is ████.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

RichardCranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whats scp foundation? I used scp linux command semi-regularly and i dunno what that is

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 wildvine  Moderator
PatriotBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can't believe everything you read on the internet.

TheNoobStomper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course its not real bro...If it was real we would have solved world hunger by now by giving everybody some of this ever duplicating cake.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@wildvine said:

@richardcranium: Google is an amazing thing

Ya that is great. Know what's also great? Interacting with other people and participating in a conversations by asking questions. :p

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 wildvine  Moderator
dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dernman
Avatar image for deactivated-5ae6527167c26
deactivated-5ae6527167c26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes don't believe all these people telling you your opinions are fact

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 wildvine  Moderator
dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By dernman

@wildvine: I assume that implies purposeful, malicious, and duplicitous intent. I can assure you that's not the case.

Avatar image for proffesionalrighthere
PROFFESIONALRIGHTHERE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is a public project which was originally created by a small group of people who have strict rules when creating a new scp. Therefore the information may trick you into thinking it is real. Although it is obvious that this is just a game, although out there, there may be a similar organisation, such as the group of people who work at area 52, who know? confidential information wouldn't be shared anywhere, therefore scp: CB is fake and information about anamolous items would be classified and hidden from the media. It is evident that things like this could be true in life through events.

Im surprised on the amount of responses.

Anonymous315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Anonymous315

Ok here’s the deal it is a real foundation but it’s kept secret for reasons to protect us we would go into a panic if everyone found out about to foundation but not only that but they would go and look for them and try to get video evidence of the place and what's inside but even if you did you would become a d-class or be shot right then and there most likely d-class because they need as many test subjects as possible for SCP-173 their main objective is to keep everyone safe by securing these creatures and containing them for our protection if these got out well we would be in hell. Just like the slender man people say he isn't really real but most evidence shown is true he is a real humanoid creature but he's one of the most if the SCP Foundation could catch him it would be one of the biggest breaks for the world.