is one piece worth watching?

Ratatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

it's a good show for sure but i mean it has 15 season and over 50 episodes in each of them and its still ongoing is it worth the time? I'm at episode 32 btw

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Depends. If you like nonsense anime that gets serious at times.

......I basically described all animes with that. Hm..... I mean that even when it's serious it's not all that serious.

I got tired of it, but my brother watches it and he said that it drifts off from the story too much, but other than that, I guess it is worth watching.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this capures the series

Loading Video...

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

Watching, maybe. Reading, yeah.

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatguywithheadphones: That doesn't prove anything.

I don't think it's worth watching to be honest, at least not all of it's episodes.

The producers only care about their money, I mean that's why it's sooooo long and there's so much PIS that occurs in the series.

I suggest animes that are shorter, much more quality-worth like Sword Art Online, Gintama, Death Note, and more. I despise animes like Bleach, Naruto (Shippuden) and Fairy Tail.

Zijuun.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I've tried watching it in the past, but I just can't ever seem to get into it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No because it's anime

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@zijuun: You do know that the Gin Tama manga is still going, right? Your argument is invalid.

Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jesusdisciple001
Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Its really hard to watch One Piece. They have so many friggen episodes. I stopped at 300 something ....I think.

The problem with (most) anime that go into the 100+ episodes is they always end up showing so much filler episodes and it just ruins it. Sometimes you get whole seasons of filler. Its just crap.

Coincidentally I usually find the best anime are 13/26/52 episode series. Only exception its probably Yu Yu Hakusho.(112 I think?)

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its really hard to watch One Piece. They have so many friggen episodes. I stopped at 300 something ....I think.

The problem with (most) anime that go into the 100+ episodes is they always end up showing so much filler episodes and it just ruins it. Sometimes you get whole seasons of filler. Its just crap.

Coincidentally I usually find the best anime are 13/26/52 episode series. Only exception its probably Yu Yu Hakusho.(112 I think?)

And it 10+ year run onpiece only has 2 filler arc that you could just skip, and has never done another filler ep again now if we was talking bleach or naruto

...*Vomit* That's what I think of their anime.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_stegman  Moderator

I dislike One Piece, way too silly for me, and the characters are annoying as hell.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One Piece of What ? Because I would not want to Watch One Piece of Popeyes Chicken... I would want to Watch and Eat it ! Heck matter of fact I would need maybe a Four or Five Piece !

LOL

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Zijuun

@jointron33 said:

@zijuun: You do know that the Gin Tama manga is still going, right? Your argument is invalid.

The anime has only 201 episodes. We're talking about anime here.

Zijuun.

SpideyPresence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SpideyPresence

Caught up to it last summer in a matter of 3 weeks. I personally think it was definitely worth watching. Emotional, Funny, adventurous.... I loved it. Especially the characters.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@zijuun: That's still pretty damn long.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ostyo

If you're 32 episodes in...can't you decide yourself?

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zijuun

@jointron33 said:

@zijuun: That's still pretty damn long.

It is.

But, it's very much worth one's time unlike say, One Piece.

Most episodes are very well thought out and they make parodies of other animes, I love it.

Zijuun.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Mezmero

I'm probably one of the few people who watch the anime exclusively and don't even touch the manga. I think it's absolutely worth watching if you're into cartoons or comic books. There's not much about it that is so distinctly anime-ish other than the sense of persistent world building that comes with manga stories. To me it's just a whimsical romp through a cartoon universe with plenty of depth and heart wrenching moments. In a time where nothing's original anymore One Piece puts a ton of unique twists on older fictional and historical references.

And if you're going to experience it you might as well have the full production values of the top notch, voice acting, color treatment, and musical score. Say what you will about the pacing, some universes just deserve the time to breathe. I honestly envy people who still have all those episodes to get through while I'm waiting week to week. Hope that helps to enjoying an extremely fun series.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By New_World_Order

I was going to watch it..but now that you say it has 15 seasons with 50 episodes in each. Nevermind! I used to watch and read the manga it, but forget it! I used to also do s for Bleach, but than I stopped after Aizen was defeated. Now I only read Marvel. When I want to watch Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Dragon Ball Z or any other anime/manga I just go on Youtube and watch the fight scenes. :P

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mr_ingenuity  Moderator
@mezmero said:

And if you're going to experience it you might as well have the full production values of the top notch, voice acting, color treatment, and musical score.

Going to have to stop you right there.

Avatar image for monarch_chronicle
Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@zijuun: Gintama has over 270 episodes as of today so I think u are miss informed

One Piece is the one anime I can recommend to anyone and depending in their response, gauge how far they got before they last talked to me.

It seriously gets better(with a few bumps) as the manga/anime proceeds. And is in my top 5 manga for life. period.

No_Trolling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezmero: Agree with everything you said. I'm one of those anime only viewers also

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#26 god_spawn  Moderator

I really liked it at one point. I do watch the anime, though and read some of the manga when I couldn't wait for new episodes. It's great, but for me it has just dragged on too long and in retrospect doesn't feel like a lot has happened even though it has.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I couldn't get into One Piece, manga or anime otherwise. It was simply way too absurd and the characters too silly and annoying.

Even though, I am not a fan of the pirate theme, they are pirates on the loosest sense of the world.

The storyline has dragged on beyond it should, I mean, they have what 700 chapters and they still haven't found out the One Piece? I just settled on that ending will be; the One Piece is something so useless that the only one who could have possibly treasured is Gold D. Roger himself, and Luffy will conclude that is the journey that is counts, not its conclusion. It can't possibly be anything else.

Also most of the fans I met are really annoying and defensive.

PieHole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like watching 1 Piece KFC commercials, Because I like to buy 12 piece buckets.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I've watched the first few episodes.

The characters all seem interesting, but there's just something that really grates on me. I don't know if it's the animation, or the music, or what. I just find myself getting a headache after watching a few episodes.

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Zijuun

@monarch_chronicle said:

@zijuun: Gintama has over 270 episodes as of today so I think u are miss informed

One Piece is the one anime I can recommend to anyone and depending in their response, gauge how far they got before they last talked to me.

It seriously gets better(with a few bumps) as the manga/anime proceeds. And is in my top 5 manga for life. period.

Lol, my bad... Damn, never knew, thanks.

I'm on episode 44, ugh.

Actually I checked, Gintama has 265 episodes in total, that's still a lot though.

Zijuun.

Destinyhero20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

RIKR2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By RIKR2

You need to survive the first episodes :P (at first it wasn’t very good for me) but now is my fav anime of all! I’m so into the anime that I haven even touch the Manga so I totally recommend it

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By theTimeStreamer

if you like anime with women with perfect bodies, and i mean all of them, and so so so many cleavage shot and sweat/tear drips on them, you will love it. the fights are good, but the plot advances sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slowly. 1 episode is 23 min long: only 7 minutes are something new, the rest: a long a** previous episode recap, intro & outro, mid-episode thingy designed for commercial breaks. if you have the patience for those, PLUS so much freaking nonsensical dialogue and (if you're a dude) the blue jewels (it will get to you and you will scream 'just make it hentai already') then jump in.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you like consistency, likable characters, a well developed worlds, side characters often have a few twists in later arcs,then yes One piece is worth watching. While it's has a slow start, it gradually picks up around arlong park. It worth looking at the manga for details, that the anime skips out on.

Aside from Jojo and Hunter X Hunter, One piece is the best option of weekly shonen

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I couldn't get into One Piece, manga or anime otherwise. It was simply way too absurd and the characters too silly and annoying.

Even though, I am not a fan of the pirate theme, they are pirates on the loosest sense of the world.

The storyline has dragged on beyond it should, I mean, they have what 700 chapters and they still haven't found out the One Piece? I just settled on that ending will be; the One Piece is something so useless that the only one who could have possibly treasured is Gold D. Roger himself, and Luffy will conclude that is the journey that is counts, not its conclusion. It can't possibly be anything else.

Also most of the fans I met are really annoying and defensive.

I agree. I really, really, don't like silly anime with the exception of Soul Eater, which is a main reason I don't like One Piece, I've seen/read A LOT of it, tons of stuff from each arc in case it got interesting, but it just didn't. Add to the fact that every character is pretty annoying (except Zoro and sometimes Sanji) and the ridiculously drawn out episodes of the anime.

wafflebeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One Piece is great IF you like long sprawling adventures, wacky randomness, sometimes annoying characters (I don't find most of them that irritating but your mileage may vary), big crazy action, heart wrenching backstories, lots of declarations about friendship and belief and all that shonen goodness, lots and lots of silliness, and tenuous logic.

personally, I love everything about One Piece. I got hooked badly and spent one whole summer watching it relentlessly. it has made me laugh to the point of tears and cry uncontrollably. I understand it isn't for everyone but if you like adventure, humor, action, and good worldbuilding then I cannot recommend it enough.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

One Piece has a very unique characterization and plots... Also very unique fights overall... I say its worth watching, its actually my favorite anime after FMA, Death Note and some movies, funny moments, but in the heat of the fight i always get little chills of awesomeness... I recommend it.

Ratatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ratatat

since I'm pretty deep in the show now the only question i have now is should i skip the filler arcs? because i want to catch up as fast as possible

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

since I'm pretty deep in the show now the only question i have now is should i skip the filler arcs? because i want to catch up as fast as possible

Always & forever.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 the_stegman  Moderator

If you want to catch up, yes, skip the fillers.

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dariusviii said:

Always & forever.

The answer is yes. Just don't skip the important scenes. Skip the pointless fillers that stretch on the series. ;o Happy 700-episodes-watching.

Zijuun.