Is Madden 09 Really Worth It ?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By King_Saturn
  Every year around this time the Madden Celebrations begin cause a new version of Madden comes out and it seems like the world goes crazy for Madden Football. But as of late, the game itself is really getting to be rather repetitive. I mean the Gameplay of Madden is great but it isnt that much different than last years version of Madden and it seems like we get all hyped up to by these Madden games these days and all we get is an Updated Roster and slight changes in the Ai and Gameplay. But my question to you is do you really feel that buying Madden 09 is worth the 40 or 50 bucks you will spend for it in the long run ? 
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Not for 40-50 bucks.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Yup

PRIMAV3RA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By PRIMAV3RA

Its sooooooo worth it^  ^   on HD tv it looks so good.  and it can snow during online games!!!    ohhh and teams got more light bulb players and stuff

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Sparda

Well, according to the critics it is, but I can't tell ya since I don't play sports games :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I plan on renting it.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King_Saturn
Okay... no one has really given a good reason yet to show Madden 09 is really worth 40 - 50 bucks. What does the new gameplay for Madden 09 have to offer than Madden 08 or 07 does not have ? 
PRIMAV3RA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PRIMAV3RA
King Saturn said:
"Okay... no one has really given a good reason yet to show Madden 09 is really worth 40 - 50 bucks. What does the new gameplay for Madden 09 have to offer than Madden 08 or 07 does not have ? "
maybe the game isnt for you lol most serious madden fans are buy now ask later lol
xXi0RIXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xXi0RIXx

ehh
on the news it was like
OGM
BUY THIS
ITS THE BES ONE YET

lol
i got 04 still
and im happy with it XDD

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By King_Saturn
PRIMAV3RA said:
"King Saturn said:
"Okay... no one has really given a good reason yet to show Madden 09 is really worth 40 - 50 bucks. What does the new gameplay for Madden 09 have to offer than Madden 08 or 07 does not have ? "
maybe the game isnt for you lol most serious madden fans are buy now ask later lol"
I have Madden 08. But my point is people are just buying the new versions and they are doing it out of spite and saying how great it is and it doesnt have many differences in it than the earlier version does...
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Sports games are lame now.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sparda
King Saturn said:
"PRIMAV3RA said:
"King Saturn said:
maybe the game isnt for you lol most serious madden fans are buy now ask later lol"
I have Madden 08. But my point is people are just buying the new versions and they are doing it out of spite and saying how great it is and it doesnt have many differences in it than the earlier version does..."
Oy, cripes....

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3169294

Read, be educated on the couple of features they chucked in there, decide afterwards.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By King_Saturn
Vance Astro said:
"Sports games are lame now."
I am starting to believe that. I used to go out and buy the new version of Madden, NBA 2Kwhatever like clockwork every year... but the new options on the games are just not worth what you actually pay for the game these days
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sparda
Vance Astro said:

Most of them got lame about four years ago.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
King Saturn said:
"Vance Astro said:
I am starting to believe that. I used to go out and buy the new version of Madden, NBA 2Kwhatever like clockwork every year... but the new options on the games are just not worth what you actually pay for the game these days"
I can't ever find a reason to buy one right out the gate and by the time the price of the game is reasonable...the new one is on it's way out.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Maybe the gameplay isn't leaps and bounds ahead of last year, personally I don't care. Little things will be tweaked and there will be some new features I'm sure. Not to mention its 0'9. Devon Hester will be a beast as will Antonio Carmati. (of course you'll have to trade Farve to the Jets but ohwell). I'm not looking for Madden to reinvent the wheel. I'm looking for new player ratings and most of all the new Rookie Class. I cant wait to go deep with Mario Manningham. But thats just me.

If your a Madden fan (and can afford to drop $50bucks) I dont know why you wouldn't pick this up.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By King_Saturn
Sparda said:
"King Saturn said:
"PRIMAV3RA said:
"King Saturn said:
I have Madden 08. But my point is people are just buying the new versions and they are doing it out of spite and saying how great it is and it doesnt have many differences in it than the earlier version does..."
Oy, cripes....

Read, be educated on the couple of features they chucked in there, decide afterwards."
I still dont see it being worth the 40 or 50 dollars... but thanks for the info link
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sparda
King Saturn said:
"Sparda said:
"King Saturn said:
"PRIMAV3RA said:
"King Saturn said:
Oy, cripes....

Read, be educated on the couple of features they chucked in there, decide afterwards."
I still dont see it being worth the 40 or 50 dollars... but thanks for the info link"

I'm not trying to convince, just give you some info about the rewind thing and the feature where the game shows you what you did wrong and all that.
PRIMAV3RA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PRIMAV3RA
Gambler said:
"Maybe the gameplay isn't leaps and bounds ahead of last year, personally I don't care. Little things will be tweaked and there will be some new features I'm sure. Not to mention its 0'9. Devon Hester will be a beast as will Antonio Carmati. (of course you'll have to trade Farve to the Jets but ohwell). I'm not looking for Madden to reinvent the wheel. I'm looking for new player ratings and most of all the new Rookie Class. I cant wait to go deep with Mario Manningham. But thats just me.

If your a Madden fan (and can afford to drop $50bucks) I dont know why you wouldn't pick this up."
I LUV DEVON HESTER he is sooo freakin fast lol  ( im a big bears fan lol)    and i agree with what yoursaying
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Ghostshell
PRIMAV3RA said:
"Gambler said:
"Maybe the gameplay isn't leaps and bounds ahead of last year, personally I don't care. Little things will be tweaked and there will be some new features I'm sure. Not to mention its 0'9. Devon Hester will be a beast as will Antonio Carmati. (of course you'll have to trade Farve to the Jets but ohwell). I'm not looking for Madden to reinvent the wheel. I'm looking for new player ratings and most of all the new Rookie Class. I cant wait to go deep with Mario Manningham. But thats just me.

If your a Madden fan (and can afford to drop $50bucks) I dont know why you wouldn't pick this up."
I LUV DEVON HESTER he is sooo freakin fast lol  ( im a big bears fan lol)    and i agree with what yoursaying"
I'm not a Bears fan (Lions fan, feel my pain lmao) but Devon Hester is just one of those amazing players (I was a big Dion Sanders fan back in the day)
PRIMAV3RA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PRIMAV3RA
Gambler said:
I'm not a Bears fan (Lions fan, feel my pain lmao) but Devon Hester is just one of those amazing players (I was a big Dion Sanders fan back in the day)"

oh the lions ummmm how  unappealing^^ but to each his own i guess lol
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Oh hell no. We're winning the NFC North this year just wait. The Bears cant even decide if Kyle Orton is better then Rex Grossmen lmao

Avatar image for ronin_alexsnder
ronin alexsnder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ronin alexsnder
Gambler said:
"PRIMAV3RA said:
"Gambler said:

I LUV DEVON HESTER he is sooo freakin fast lol  ( im a big bears fan lol)    and i agree with what yoursaying"
I'm not a Bears fan (Lions fan, feel my pain lmao) but Devon Hester is just one of those amazing players (I was a big Dion Sanders fan back in the day)"
bro devon hester was amazing in 08 if you was willing to put some time into him. like in manager mode if you gave him about 2 years he was unstoppable on the long pass or any other pass to say the least. plus not to mention how good adrian peterson will be in 09. im stoked about the new game and will probably buy it soon but for now im poor and will just have to live my life through other gamers that have it lol
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Their talking about it right now on Around the Horn.

Avatar image for ronin_alexsnder
ronin alexsnder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ronin alexsnder
Gambler said:
"Their talking about it right now on Around the Horn."
<-----doesnt have cable so has no clue what that is

------------------->is starting to think he is a high tech amish
Primrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Primrose
Gambler said:
"Oh hell no. We're winning the NFC North this year just wait. The Bears cant even decide if Kyle Orton is better then Rex Grossmen lmao"

..........................OH HELL NO ITS BECAUSE THE LADY WHO OWNS THE TEAM TOLD THE COACH TO RESIGN HIM  they cant help it if a old lady finds Rex attractive............................and second of all maybe we dont have a sound quarter back but yet in still our defense would absolutely demolish yours 
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Primrose said:
"Gambler said:
"Oh hell no. We're winning the NFC North this year just wait. The Bears cant even decide if Kyle Orton is better then Rex Grossmen lmao"

..........................OH HELL NO ITS BECAUSE THE LADY WHO OWNS THE TEAM TOLD THE COACH TO RESIGN HIM  they cant help it if a old lady finds Rex attractive............................and second of all maybe we dont have a sound quarter back but yet in still our defense would absolutely demolish yours "
Our defense is soft....yes, but our offensive is set to tear some #@!% up this year. Just watch :P
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By King_Saturn
I hope the Jaguars can do the damn thing this year
Primrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Primrose

.......................We shall see about that if they tear up anything lmao i doubt it but who knows maybe they will get lucky and make me eat my words........................but i so doubt it ;P

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Ghostshell
King Saturn said:
"I hope the Jaguars can do the damn thing this year"
That team is on the come up. Brice Drew came out of nowhere. They have the best two back tandem in the league. The Saints are close but Reggie aint livin up to the hype.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By King_Saturn
Gambler said:
"King Saturn said:
"I hope the Jaguars can do the damn thing this year"
That team is on the come up. Brice Drew came out of nowhere. They have the best two back tandem in the league. The Saints are close but Reggie aint livin up to the hype."
Thats True
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lantern Prime

Seahawks are about to win it all.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By King_Saturn
Lantern Prime said:
"Seahawks are about to win it all."
LOL

We Shall See
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lantern Prime

Whos better in the NFC outside of the Cowboys?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By King_Saturn
Lantern Prime said:
"Whos better in the NFC outside of the Cowboys?"
New York Giants and maybe the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By Last_Guardian

I'm just really excited about the fact that it gets harder as you get better...it adapts to your playing level...

@KS: Bucs? you think they're good?....there's the Vikes..they're gonna be a force this year..Peterson ftw! 
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By King_Saturn
Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"I'm just really excited about the fact that it gets harder as you get better...it adapts to your playing level...
@KS: Bucs? you think they're good?....there's the Vikes..they're gonna be a force this year..Peterson ftw! 
"
Bucs won the NFC South last year... I dont know what they will do this year though
Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By Last_Guardian

yeah cause NFC South was a joke last year...I think the Panthers'll take it this year tho...

who's the bucs qb anyway?
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By King_Saturn
Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"yeah cause NFC South was a joke last year...I think the Panthers'll take it this year tho...
who's the bucs qb anyway?
"
Jeff Garcia I think...