Is Islamophobia "racist"?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Paracelsus

For some time I have been arguing as to whether or not Islamophobia is "racist" with someone on a different Internet forum(alternet.com if anybody's interested). He( full disclosure here: not only is the individual male but also black as I am) thinks it is. I disagree, making the point that as Muslims(like Christians and arguably Jews) come from a variety of ethnic groups) there can be no "Muslim race" and therefore Islamophobia (don't misunderstand me , I think it;s vile and deplorable) is NOT racist per se.

What do YOU think?

Terry

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#1  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

No.

And Islam isn't a race.

~MiB

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Islam isn't a race, so no.

mechwalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

No for reasons stated above.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, as Islam isn't a race. Islamophobia can, however, be categorized as bigotry, invidious, bias or discriminatory. It's a form of prejudice.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@reactor: Islam is a set of specific beliefs. I fail to see how believing a certain set of beliefs is destructive towards society, is bigoted.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just because I don't wanna sleep with a trans woman/dude doesn't mean i'm transphobic. Lets get that shit straight as well. Hell maybe it does make me transphobic by definition, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dum529001

Ha ha ha!

Seeing islam, The religion of the sword, for what it truly is isn't hatred against your fellow man.

Islam has HISTORICALLY been spread by the sword. If you do not convert or conform in some way, you die. Realizing this fact is not bigotry. Islam is guided by the words and deeds of Mohammad regarding his god, not your own personal feelings.

Historians of all kinds of have recorded the evil nature of islam. This is not up for debate.

Anyone suggesting that people who state facts should be thrown in jail should have they heads stomped into the ground.

Mohammad called for muslims to fight infidels until the day of judgement. Realizing this does not mean I am a person who lets fear control me. I am not afraid of Mohammad's followers and sycophants. I will never be afraid of those who follow evil!

Let the liberal communists-nazis and butt-kissers of Mohammad be the ones who cower in fear at the power of righteousness! Evil will never prevail!!

The Justice of God, Yah Weh, will prevail! Christ Jesus, one of the Godhead made manifest in the flesh, will triumph.

Elohim, "the mighty ones", each one being eternal, almighty and creators of heaven and earth, are not to be messed with.

Elohim will win. You will see the sign of the son of man sitting at the right hand of the mighty one. Christ Jesus will judge the world and you will know he is equal to the Father! The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit will be laid bare to the world. You will know who the true God is.

No Caption Provided

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No.

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DonatelloRawks

Islamophobia is a form of bigotry, not racism. Learn your vocabulary.

Incursion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, islam is not a race its a religion, its a very violent religion which is why many dont like muslims/islam, even if all of them are not bad

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mikethekiller

No, but most people that have prejudices of that nature tend to see of all brown skinned people (that may or may not be of Arabic origins) as Muslims so racism definitely plays a part in islamophobia.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never did understand the hate, honestly...

And no it's not racist 'cause Islam isn't a race. I can't believe you seriously asked this question.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hypnos0929

@dum529001: you just explained why people hate people like you. Do you honestly not understand every religion has spread its religion in war like and murderous ways? Well except Jews because they've always been prosecuted.

But back on topic, Christians and responsible for the crusades, forcing Christianity onto Africans after enslaving them, heck even the inquisition could be blamed on them.

It is irresponsible and ignorant that you'd compare Muhammad's followers to psychopaths. I mean seriously why would you point out all of their negative effects on history when Christianity has also caused many conflicts, deaths and murders. I myself am Christan and I think that people like you are the reason why Muslims and Christans have conflicts. I have Muslim friends and we have never suggested or even hint to each other that they'd go to hell because of their religion.

Edit:

Also why the f*** would you say...

"Let the liberal communists-nazis and butt-kissers of Mohammad be the ones who cower in fear at the power of righteousness! Evil will never prevail!!"

They aren't evil, if anything YOUR EVIL for spreading hate between your fellow man. Is that what your religion teaches you, to hate other people because of their religion?

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: By describing Islam as "evil", presumably in order to present Christianity as morally superior in comparison, you are applying moral standards that transcend, and are thus applicable to, both religions. The problem with this sort of evaluation is that there is no such common ground between the religions; their moral standards vary. A meaningful condemnation of Islam as an attempt at a rationally justified belief system will require an appeal to demonstrable truth, which would frankly be no less damning to Christianity...

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

It's prejudice by religion rather than by race. Though I might propose that an islamophobe might not act as such around a white, America Muslim, and that the "fear" or prejudice is really based on the fact that they are Middle Eastern, rather than because they are Muslim.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: By describing Islam as "evil", presumably in order to present Christianity as morally superior in comparison, you are applying moral standards that transcend, and are thus applicable to, both religions. The problem with this sort of evaluation is that there is no such common ground between the religions; their moral standards vary. A meaningful condemnation of Islam as an attempt at a rationally justified belief system will require an appeal to demonstrable truth, which would frankly be no less damning to Christianity...

So you love islam? Okay. Then go follow Mohammad.

You can start practicing the muslim skill of beheading infidels right now!

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No, they are a different culture that think women are sex cattle and we should respect that and allow it

#FeelTheBern2016

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthmummy said:

We're you raised with the KKK? Do you even talk to Muslims? If you talked to them you'd know that killing is strictly prohibited and real Muslims HATE those murders because they give Islam a bad name. Stop being a dumb bigot.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By VoloErgoMalus

Doesn't it ever occur to Muslims (the educated ones at least) that they get their religion from other people, who are just as fallible, give or take, as the people who have contradicting belief systems? What makes them so sure their native religion is the correct one? We need an empiricist revolution to get everyone on the same page lol

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Islam isn't a race

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Hehe depends on how you define the term "Islam".

You see friend most people would understand the term "Islam" as meaning the religion. After all when used on normal sentences that's why and where it's used. That's its dictionary given definition.

That being said, Islam is defined very differently when used in religious setting. It is defined as submission but submission to the rule of god. Going by religious canon the god's creation obey his will/law. Earth will revolve around the sun for as long as it can because in religious setting that is the law made my God. Islam is defined as submission to the laws made by God.

The way its used in religious setting, agreeing or disagreeing to it makes no different. If you are strictly against that concept than that's not racist or even mean in any ways. It

Sadly the world "Islamophobia" is often used in a very different sense. It's tend to refer to beliefs that people think every person following a particular religion is bad or evil. That would be the mean concept here.

And as always, I am pretty sure I am just rambling at this point. I think I shall stop :D

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: you just explained why people hate people like you. Do you honestly not understand every religion has spread its religion in war like and murderous ways? Well except Jews because they've always been prosecuted.

But back on topic, Christians and responsible for the crusades, forcing Christianity onto Africans after enslaving them, heck even the inquisition could be blamed on them.

It is irresponsible and ignorant that you'd compare Muhammad's followers to psychopaths. I mean seriously why would you point out all of their negative effects on history when Christianity has also caused many conflicts, deaths and murders. I myself am Christan and I think that people like you are the reason why Muslims and Christans have conflicts. I have Muslim friends and we have never suggested or even hint to each other that they'd go to hell because of their religion.

Edit:

"Let the liberal communists-nazis and butt-kissers of Mohammad be the ones who cower in fear at the power of righteousness! Evil will never prevail!!"

They aren't evil, if anything YOUR EVIL for spreading hate between your fellow man. Is that what your religion teaches you, to hate other people because of their religion?

I am not Christian, I think all religions suck and the Old Testament is only mildly better than Islam. That said, the crusades was largely retaliatory, and the Moor empire had a HUGE slave trade that involved Africa, Asia, AND Europe. Islam specifically talks about taking over countries through force when powerful enough, and infiltration when not.

Religion is a specific set of beliefs. If a set of beliefs is not a reason to hate an institution then what is?

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dum529001

@hypnos0929 said:

Edit:

The Crusades was a war waged due to muslim brutality. At certain times, Crusaders did things that were against christianity such as trying to force muslims to convert to christianity under threat of death or murdering children. The bad things that were done by crusaders go against christianity but merely defending yourself from muslim brutality and domination is not against christianity.

Next time you speak about something, try to understand what you are talking about.

By the way, when I said "psycophants" I meant to say "sycophants". I misspelled the word.

And yes, Anyone who truly follows islam to the end, is insane. Only a sick mind would follow islam and only the sick minds of liberal communist-nazis who follow moral relativism, would support such as sickness.

Islam is most certainly evil. From the way you are defending it, you must love theft, murder, rape, homosexuality and other sexual immorality.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthmummy said:

So you love islam?

No.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnos0929 said:

Edit:

The Crusades was a war waged due to muslim brutality. At certain times, Crusaders did things that were against christianity such as trying to force muslims to convert to christianity under threat of death or murdering children. The bad things that were done by crusaders go against christianity but merely defending yourself from muslim brutality and domination is not against christianity.

Next time you speak about something, try to understand what you are talking about.

By the way, when I said "psycophants" I meant to say "sycophants". I misspelled the word.

And yes, Anyone who truly follows islam to the end, is insane.

Islam is most certainly evil. From the way you are defending it, you must love theft, murder, rape, homosexuality and other sexual immorality.

Before this gets locked let me get my two cents in this topic :p

Christian look up to Jesus, a pacifist who did healing miracles.

Muslims look up to Muhammad, a warlord who raped, pillaged, and killed.

Thus Muslims > Christians when it comes to "evil"

(this coming from a agnostic)

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ThePreface

Taking the life of one man is the equivalent of mudering all of mankind. Saving the life of one man is the equivalent of saving all of mankind. - Al Qur'an

Allowing the views of a vocal violent minority to influence your perception of 2.5 billion people is wrong.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: yes they were admittedly bad people back then but they have become better people. Its not like they all go around killing people and enslaving people anymore, I know mad Muslims who are mad chill. Its like some people don't see how big of a change people can make, Christians went from peaceful followers to murders, kings, and thieves to debatably peaceful people.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dum529001

@hypnos0929 said:
@dum529001 said:
@darthmummy said:

We're you raised with the KKK? Do you even talk to Muslims? If you talked to them you'd know that killing is strictly prohibited and real Muslims HATE those murders because they give Islam a bad name. Stop being a dumb bigot.

Read a history book and the Quran again. If you did, maybe you'd stop butt-kissing Mohammad and his vile gang of thugs.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Heatblaze

Wow this thread took the turn for the worse

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: I'm not but kissing anyone, I'm defending the people Good Muslim people. You know the ones who you have an extreme bias against. GOOD Muslims don't even consider Terrorists to be real Muslims, they actually believe that they'll go to hell.

Stop judging a group because of ancient beliefs, they've changed

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Islam is a religion. And no. You ain't racist if you hate everybody equally

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dum529001

@thepreface said:

Taking the life of one man is the equivalent of mudering all of mankind. Saving the life of one man is the equivalent of saving all of mankind. - Al Qur'an

Allowing the views of a vocal violent minority to influence your perception of 2.5 billion people is wrong.

The Quran also says:

"Slay the unbelievers wherever you find them."

"Fight the infidels in the way of Allah until the day of judgement".

"Only befriend unbelievers outwardly but hate them and curse inwardly".

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHY CANT I FLAG THIS!

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, this degenerated into a religious thread about islam vs christianity really quick!

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is getting spicy.

Where's good 'ol Saren when you need him? I miss him locking these volatile threads and redirecting everyone to the containment threads.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By dum529001

@hypnos0929 said:

@dum529001: I'm not but kissing anyone, I'm defending the people Good Muslim people. You know the ones who you have an extreme bias against. GOOD Muslims don't even consider Terrorists to be real Muslims, they actually believe that they'll go to hell.

Stop judging a group because of ancient beliefs, they've changed

There is no such thing as a "good muslim".

A muslim is somone who believes and follows the whole word of Mohammad. Anyone who follows the whole word of Mohammad is a terrorist. Terrorism through the killing of unbelievers is commanded by Mohammad.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHY CANT I FLAG THIS!

You can't flag blogs.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: and how are they evil? A foundation built on good does not always remain good (example Heaven was a place intended for peace until conflict arose) and a foundation built on evil will not always remain evil (example America, it was made to benefit white people who could steal land from the native Americans)

And how can you agree with the bigot who thinks 5 crusades were all about defense, one of which was called the Children's Crusade

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: You do understand that this was when Mecca was under siege and Musilms were on the brink of extinction. Al Qu'ran also had a form of rules of engagement. If your enemies stop fighting you're supposed to put down your hypothetical sword. So not only are Muslims taught to stop fighting when their enemies stop engaging them. They're taught to go further and facilitate the peace process.

Sounds like you're drinking from the same kool-aid as the traitors and perverters of Islam.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers