Is Injustice: Gods Among Us Worth it?

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Frocharocha

The game seems to be an absolute blast and i'm bored of playing Gears Judgment over and over and it's pretty obvious they are going to release lots of characters to Injustice. But the question is....Is the game worthy it at all?I'm not that big fan of fighting games but this one seems to be an absolute blast.

I'm ready to spent my money if the game gives me the fun i'm want.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm not a fan of fighting games either....I did buy the game though but that was pretty much just for the statue that came with the Collector's Edition...I played through the story mode and loved it but I'll admit that I'm just not good enough to enjoy the multiplayer aspect of the game so after the story mode and the Star Labs stuff then I'm done with the game....so I would say that you should probably rent it and try it out first if you're not into fighting games

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

@frocharocha It's definitely one of the more accessible fighting games but at the end of the day it's still a fighting game so it would really depend on how much you dislike fighting games.

Multiplayer is great but you don't need it to enjoy the game because it's packed with lots of single player content. The story mode is hit or miss with people, S.T.A.R Labs is a lot of fun and there's an arcade mode where you get a different ending for each character.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's one of the most refreshing fighting games of this generation with an actual story mode, and a roster of characters that's actually unique to each other in terms of play style.

As a DC fan it's satisfying, as a gamer it's satisfying. It's just a very fun game overall.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say yes. It's worth it.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I heard it's 35 bucks at Toys R Us. For that price, it's more than worth it.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suck at fighting games too but its been very fun so far

The only annoying part is getting 3 stars in all star labs missions, but then again thats annoying for everyone

Youre probably getting pummeled in online multiplayer though, guess we'll never get that yellow lantern skin lol

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

The quicker these fools make this game available online the quicker they will have my money

Franchise1590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the game. Many characters are strong but so many comic fans who don't play fighters normally suck super hard at this game.

It's funny how comic fans that tend to play this game are so horrible. Y'know since they know the characters better than the peeps like me who play fighters alot.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gungunw said:

I heard it's 35 bucks at Toys R Us. For that price, it's more than worth it.

Yeah, this is going on until May 4th. Good thing to note.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yes, even if you skip online play wich any fighting game really is based around, you have a decent length storymode, star labs (Challenges) and achievements to do, all in all it probably gives you as many houres of fun as any action game would in single player.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well worth it, for the story alone. Don't try to get all 3 stars in the Star Lab missions though, you will want to kill yourself lol or toss something across the room...trust me lol. But they are fun to kill time from another mode or if you like getting pissed lol

Online is fun, but be warned people take it seriously...

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TifaLockhart

Story mode was short IMO.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

I haven't bought it yet.. I will eventually though. Especially since Lobo is on it.

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd get Mortal Kombat 9 over Injustice, mostly due to the overall better mechanics and larger cast.

I mean I prefer UMvC3, but if you want an Injustice style game without paying a ridiculous amount then MK is the superior choice.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AweSam

I played the demo and hated everything about it.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

@pwok21 said:

I'd get Mortal Kombat 9 over Injustice, mostly due to the overall better mechanics and larger cast.

I mean I prefer UMvC3, but if you want an Injustice style game without paying a ridiculous amount then MK is the superior choice.

MK9 and Injustice are completely different.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uncanny_doom: MK9 isn't that different. Same game developers created both games. I think the gameplay in Injustice has more chaining versatility in combos, but a crappy story. MK9 is more balanced.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you like these type of fighting games than sure, and if you never play multiplayer.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

@monsterstomp said:

@uncanny_doom: MK9 isn't that different. Same game developers created both games. I think the gameplay in Injustice has more chaining versatility in combos, but a crappy story. MK9 is more balanced.

Same devs does not mean same game. MK9 has tons of different gameplay mechanics and characters don't have the same variety that the roster of Injustice has. MK9 is known to be one of the least balanced fighting games around. It's too early to say if it's more or less balanced than Injustice but a week and a half into MK9 the best character in the game was already discovered and has been dominating people ever since. There's nothing like that happening with Injustice.

It's silly to tell someone to buy MK9 if they are interested in Injustice.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ssejllenrad

Yes

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

Same devs does not mean same game. MK9 has tons of different gameplay mechanics and characters don't have the same variety that the roster of Injustice has. MK9 is known to be one of the least balanced fighting games around. It's too early to say if it's more or less balanced than Injustice but a week and a half into MK9 the best character in the game was already discovered and has been dominating people ever since. There's nothing like that happening with Injustice.

Never said "Same devs = Same game". Not at all what I'm implying. I'm saying Injustice is not completely different to MK9 like you said. When I say "balanced game", I mean both story and gameplay is top notch. Unlike Injustice where the story was lacking and combat was top notch. As someone who doesn't play many fighting games, I can sure see the resemblance between each game. I could easily tell the OP to buy MK vs DC as they are similar in every aspect.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TifaLockhart

But mk vs DC doesn't have Lobo.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

@uncanny_doom said:

@monsterstomp said:

Never said "Same devs = Same game". Not at all what I'm implying. I'm saying Injustice is not completely different to MK9 like you said. When I say "balanced game", I mean both story and gameplay is top notch. Unlike Injustice where the story was lacking and combat was top notch. As someone who doesn't play many fighting games, I can sure see the resemblance between each game. I could easily tell the OP to buy MK vs DC as they are similar in every aspect.

But they aren't. That's where the "doesn't play many fighting games" thing comes into play. You don't really know the differences of the games. You just see similar animations, the same characters, and think the games are the same. MK vs DC was a mediocre game at best, while Injustice is a great game. I also really wouldn't say Injustice's story is any better or worse than what MK9 had. If anything that was the most and only truly similar element both games shared.

Mortal Kombat vs DC and Mortal Kombat 9 are not substitutes for Injustice.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eheh. I actually -liked- MK vs. DC. *ducks*

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Vaeternus

@Uncanny, actually MK9 is one of the best fighters ever made and very balanced, it also sold more then MVC3....so I'm sure it's safe to say Injustice will too...

As a high level player and someone whos played well known tournament guys online, I know this for fact. I also happen to know one of the testers personally....I'm on TYM every day like this site. MK9 is actually considered right now more balanced then Injustice is to a lot of people because of Deathstroke alone. Plus, Injustice is no doubt more of a zoning fighting game where as MK is more up close(you can zone in any fighter) but Injustice revolves heavily around zoning...

No game is without flaws but both are very playable.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

@Uncanny, actually MK9 is one of the best fighters ever made and very balanced, it also sold more then MVC3....so I'm sure it's safe to say Injustice will too...

As a high level player and someone whos played well known tournament guys online, I know this for fact. I also happen to know one of the testers personally....I'm on TYM every day like this site. MK9 is actually considered right now more balanced then Injustice is to a lot of people because of Deathstroke alone. Plus, Injustice is no doubt more of a zoning fighting game where as MK is more up close(you can zone in any fighter) but Injustice revolves heavily around zoning...

Anyone can say things like that to be honest. Either way it doesn't really hold much ground. Whether or not a game is truly balanced isn't something that can be determined in less than two weeks, but MK9 is not one of the best fighters ever made (huge overstatement), nor was it very balanced. It had characters that dominated others definitively and also had ones that couldn't hold a candle to virtually the entire roster. The Deathstroke stuff is something that mostly casual players are complaining about. One Deathstroke isn't making this game poorly balanced. At least not yet.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends if you are into 2d fighting games.

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deadpoolrules
Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Ravager4 thinks it is not. I have yet to play it.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus said:

Anyone can say things like that to be honest. Either way it doesn't really hold much ground. Whether or not a game is truly balanced isn't something that can be determined in less than two weeks, but MK9 is not one of the best fighters ever made (huge overstatement), nor was it very balanced. It had characters that dominated others definitively and also had ones that couldn't hold a candle to virtually the entire roster. The Deathstroke stuff is something that mostly casual players are complaining about. One Deathstroke isn't making this game poorly balanced. At least not yet.

I assure you it's true, my Youtube can back it up. I've played REO, Crazy Dominican, several others and competed and won against them online via Xbox. I just have no time, money to travel to tourneys unfortunately...but believe me I'm the real deal and not just talking due to me enjoying MK, so it does hold ground. Of course you can always play me and I can prove it that way as well. But moving on, actually yes MK9 is one of the best fighters ever made. It sold more then MVC3, it's been at hundreds of tournaments including every major(would you like me to list them for you)? Or I can just link you to TYM if you don't believe me.

MVC3 is a button masher in comparison to MK or Injustice, even Justin Wong admitted this in an interview. Sure you if you follow fighters you know who he is....Injustice, I'm not saying is "not balanced" just saying, that MK9 is a balanced game and to think otherwise is wrong flat out. Now, you want to say MKDC due to Flash, Superman infinites, glitches fine. Nobody will argue, Midway did plan a patch but they failed to do so before going bankrupt and WB buying them over...Still, same team of people it just proves when you have the proper tools, money and time you can make a solid game. And Both MK and Injustice are solid....I have no issues with DS personally, yes he's annoying but then so is tons of characters in any fighter I can find be it SF, MK whatever...however, it's also no secret and even the tourney guys admit this that DS is an easy pick up and play guy. Every fighter has one or two, Injustice happens to be DS

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@dragonborn_ct said:

No.

What the f***?

Because I am obviously being serious, and most definitely not trolling here. Why would I do that :P?

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadpoolrules said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

No.

What the f***?

Because I am obviously being serious, and most definitely not trolling here. Why would I do that :P?

So you have become one of us,Deadpools?

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deadpoolrules
Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

@uncanny_doom said:

@vaeternus said:

I assure you it's true, my Youtube can back it up. I've played REO, Crazy Dominican, several others and competed and won against them online via Xbox. I just have no time, money to travel to tourneys unfortunately...but believe me I'm the real deal and not just talking due to me enjoying MK, so it does hold ground. Of course you can always play me and I can prove it that way as well. But moving on, actually yes MK9 is one of the best fighters ever made. It sold more then MVC3, it's been at hundreds of tournaments including every major(would you like me to list them for you)? Or I can just link you to TYM if you don't believe me.

MVC3 is a button masher in comparison to MK or Injustice, even Justin Wong admitted this in an interview. Sure you if you follow fighters you know who he is....Injustice, I'm not saying is "not balanced" just saying, that MK9 is a balanced game and to think otherwise is wrong flat out. Now, you want to say MKDC due to Flash, Superman infinites, glitches fine. Nobody will argue, Midway did plan a patch but they failed to do so before going bankrupt and WB buying them over...Still, same team of people it just proves when you have the proper tools, money and time you can make a solid game. And Both MK and Injustice are solid....I have no issues with DS personally, yes he's annoying but then so is tons of characters in any fighter I can find be it SF, MK whatever...however, it's also no secret and even the tourney guys admit this that DS is an easy pick up and play guy. Every fighter has one or two, Injustice happens to be DS

Just curious, why do you keep bringing up MVC3?

Selling more than MVC3 or being a more technical fighting game than MVC3 doesn't make a game one of the best fighting games ever or anything like that. Sales in general don't really mean anything, and plenty of fighters are deeper than Marvel.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Vaeternus

@Uncanny_Doom Well, typically when people bash MK or Injustice 9 times out of 10 they're MVC players...perhaps I'm wrong then? At any rate, you're clearly a Catwoman fan so you should know she's in the game and pretty solid to play in Injustice. Do you use her? Do you like her?

You're right, sales aren't everything but they do matter...if a game sells bad, chances for a sequel are minimal to none. Example: Psi-Ops(great game, but sold poorly and thus had no sequel but was well deserved of one)

I never said anything about being more technical(Tekken afterall is technical yet not as much fun as SF, MK is typically speaking) would you agree? Technical and Depth are really the same thing, or close to the same. MK and SF are built upon pleasing the casual and hardcore crowd where as Tekken's learning curve is higher and to some people less fun if takes you months to master one character.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

@Uncanny_Doom Well, typically when people bash MK or Injustice 9 times out of 10 they're MVC players...perhaps I'm wrong then? At any rate, you're clearly a Catwoman fan so you should know she's in the game and pretty solid to play in Injustice. Do you use her? Do you like her?

You're right, sales aren't everything but they do matter...if a game sells bad, chances for a sequel are minimal to none. Example: Psi-Ops(great game, but sold poorly and thus had no sequel but was well deserved of one)

I never said anything about being more technical(Tekken afterall is technical yet not as much fun as SF, MK is typically speaking) would you agree? Technical and Depth are really the same thing, or close to the same. MK and SF are built upon pleasing the casual and hardcore crowd where as Tekken's learning curve is higher and to some people less fun if takes you months to master one character.

Well just to be clear I wasn't bashing either game. I love fighting games in general and try to play them all. I do think MK9 and other non-Capcom fighters get unnecessary hate from Capcom fans. And yeah, I use/like Catwoman (Truth be told I like the way others play more) in Injustice. And from a comic fan standpoint, I feel like she should have the whip-like moves Wonder Woman has with her lasso. >_>

I'd agree on the points about technicality and depth. Though I find Tekken's gameplay on a surface level is more appealing to most casual players. I often hear people compare 2D fighters to Tekken unfavorably and they feel like the game is more accessible on a simple level than other games.

PS: I loved Psi-Ops.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I don't think it is worth it. I still feel like video games are over priced but for some reason fans will still pay $65 for a video game + pay more for DLC. Money, money, money, money is the root of all evil, but my brother loves the game So yeah it was worth it. I got it for his birthday. He hasn't stop playing it yet, and I think he is becoming a bigger DC fan.

( + )

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus said:

Well just to be clear I wasn't bashing either game. I love fighting games in general and try to play them all. I do think MK9 and other non-Capcom fighters get unnecessary hate from Capcom fans. And yeah, I use/like Catwoman (Truth be told I like the way others play more) in Injustice. And from a comic fan standpoint, I feel like she should have the whip-like moves Wonder Woman has with her lasso. >_>

I'd agree on the points about technicality and depth. Though I find Tekken's gameplay on a surface level is more appealing to most casual players. I often hear people compare 2D fighters to Tekken unfavorably and they feel like the game is more accessible on a simple level than other games.

PS: I loved Psi-Ops.

Yep, great game. It's all good, my fault for assuming such but yeah you're right on other fighting game sites and YT, a lot of Capcom guys were talking smack, always putting MK or "non-Capcom" fighters down....one guy from the Capcom Community in a YT vid even said month ago "only reason MK players win is cause we dont play that game lol" so that was a direct insult to the MKC, and the MKC just took that like "ok...kind of a dumb thing to say, if that were true then where were you Capcom guys at Evo, tourneys etc?" lol

The truth is, they're good at their game and the MK guys are good in theirs but too often you'll notice Capcom guys with this elitist attitude just going on about NRS games for no reason(I think personally the fact that MK9 had an overall better reception then MVC3 did irks them...) because I noticed prior to that, they always looked down upon MK, Tekken etc while praising SF. Yeah, I was thinking the same thing Catwoman should have a grab move(kind of like her super) similar to the second Batman film like a "Scorpion Get over here" move for free damage. But from what I hear, Lobo may have something similar with his chains...

Yeah, the whole 2D vs. 3D is all perspective. With 3D there's more nooks and crannies to worry about that you normally wouldn't have to on a 2D engine, and vice versa. But I do feel like MK 9, SSF4, MVC3 and Injustice IMO are easier to pick up and play vs. Tekken. Although, Tekken 6 from what I heard was a lot easier compared to previous Tekkens...a few hardcore Tekken guys I know were complaining about it saying "it's too casual now" I would think that's a good thing though. You know?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uncanny_doom: Sorry I don't see your argument? I called you out because you said "MK9 and Injustice are completely different". What aspect/s made you come to that conclusion?

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

@uncanny_doom: Sorry I don't see your argument? I called you out because you said "MK9 and Injustice are completely different". What aspect/s made you come to that conclusion?

They have different block systems which dramatically changes how the game is played, stages don't have as much influence on matches in MK9, every character on the Injustice roster has a unique trait at their disposal, there aren't meter-based combo breakers like MK9 had and the meter builds differently thus making the meter use completely different, on top of other gameplay features that were non-existent in MK9 such as air dashing, wall bounces, and ground bounces. Not to mention other stuff that's just changed like meter burning or the ground dash mechanics.

The games look similar on a surface level, but anyone who has played both to a decent level of understanding can see the differences. Injustice isn't Mortal Kombat with DC characters or a MK vs DC sequel. It's a fresh new game standing on it's own two feet. That's why I say it's silly to recommend someone buy a preceding game from the same developers as a means to quell their appetite for Injustice. It would be like telling someone to buy Street Fighter when they're interested in playing Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Surely you can tell how different those two games are.

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stayed up all night playing it with my friends the other night

buy the game its the most fun i have had gaming in a long time.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm green lantern and bane. Everybody sucks online I'm 44-0

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Vaeternus

I'm green lantern and bane. Everybody sucks online I'm 44-0

Bane player huh? Not many of them. If you have Xbox I'll play ya ;) I use Hawkgirl, Raven, Flash, Doomsday and WW a little bit. I want to learn GL. So many Deathstrokes...