Avatar image for matches
#1 Posted by Matches (254 posts) - - Show Bio

He sleeps all day at work at a job where i would imagine he would get paid a decent amount, because he somehow manages so afford to get tanked near every night at a pub, which judging from the crowd they get wouldn't have the cheapest drinks in springfield. pretty much the only bar in springfield....

then he goes home to an apparantly hot wife and eats his dinner and watches tv.

Avatar image for vance_astro
#2 Posted by vance_astro (89935 posts) - - Show Bio

Not with that crayon in his brain he isn't.

Moderator
Avatar image for mer_man
#3 Edited by Mer-Man (3299 posts) - - Show Bio

He wasn't one without it really either. It only increased his IQ 50 points

Avatar image for lady_nightmare
#4 Posted by Lady Nightmare (8662 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Not with that crayon in his brain he isn't."

what he said
Avatar image for kick____
#5 Posted by kick-@$$ (118 posts) - - Show Bio

He has to be smart to be funny.

Avatar image for king_saturn
#6 Posted by King Saturn (220482 posts) - - Show Bio
Homer is a Clown... and I dont mean like Krusty

lol
Avatar image for _the_wanderer_
#7 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34199 posts) - - Show Bio

"Is Homer Simpson a genius?" Definetly no. LoL.

Avatar image for korg
#8 Posted by Korg (11351 posts) - - Show Bio

How many times have we actually even seen Homer at the power plant in recent years, anyway? Or at Moe's, for that matter? Man, the Simpsons really needs to end. They're a self-parody at this point.

Avatar image for king_saturn
#9 Posted by King Saturn (220482 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"How many times have we actually even seen Homer at the power plant in recent years, anyway? Or at Moe's, for that matter? Man, the Simpsons really needs to end. They're a self-parody at this point."
LOL
Avatar image for booster_gold_prime
#10 Posted by Booster Gold Prime (221 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Korg said:
"How many times have we actually even seen Homer at the power plant in recent years, anyway? Or at Moe's, for that matter? Man, the Simpsons really needs to end. They're a self-parody at this point."
LOL"
A self parody, hmmm...wouldn't that actually make it funnier then? B/C dam, I loves me some Homer...mmmm, chocolate, DOH! mmmm, chocolate, DOH! mmmm, chocolate, DOH!
Avatar image for oldmagic
#11 Posted by oldmagic (5265 posts) - - Show Bio

Simpsons are done. It`s still going because no one else watched it before. 

Avatar image for thedrifter
#12 Posted by TheDrifter (24811 posts) - - Show Bio

Family Guy > Simpsons

South Park > Simpsons

Avatar image for vance_astro
#13 Posted by vance_astro (89935 posts) - - Show Bio
kick-@$$ said:
"He has to be smart to be funny."
False.Dumb people are hilarious.
TheDrifter said:
"Family Guy > Simpsons

South Park > Simpsons"
Family Guy>>>>>Simpsons
Simpsons>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>South Park
Moderator
Avatar image for king_saturn
#14 Posted by King Saturn (220482 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
TheDrifter said:
"Family Guy > Simpsons

South Park > Simpsons"
Family Guy>>>>>Simpsons
Simpsons>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>South Park
"
Yuppers

lol
Avatar image for korg
#15 Edited by Korg (11351 posts) - - Show Bio

 Overall, Simpsons > Futurama > South Park > Family Guy. Nothing can touch the golden age of the Simpsons, seasons 1-8 or so. Family Guy went downhill fast after it was brought back. Seth MacFarlane needs to go back and watch some of the earlier episodes (Da Boom jumps to mind) and realize that gay jokes and heavy-handed political commentary are not always the best ways to get laughs.

Avatar image for danhimself
#16 Posted by danhimself (21430 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"kick-@$$ said:
"He has to be smart to be funny."
False.Dumb people are hilarious.
TheDrifter said:
"Family Guy > Simpsons

South Park > Simpsons"
Family Guy>>>>>Simpsons
Simpsons>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>South Park
"

agreed southpark was never good
Avatar image for resonate
#17 Posted by Resonate (14551 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Not with that crayon in his brain he isn't."
Avatar image for mer_man
#18 Posted by Mer-Man (3299 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not a genius at all, with or without the crayon

Avatar image for korg
#19 Posted by Korg (11351 posts) - - Show Bio

 True, his IQ without the crayon was 110.

Avatar image for mer_man
#20 Edited by Mer-Man (3299 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you :P It was only increased 50 points

Avatar image for korg
#21 Posted by Korg (11351 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Homer is not any kind of genius, he just leads a charmed life. Incredibly charmed.

Avatar image for nighthunter
#22 Posted by Nighthunter (29569 posts) - - Show Bio

does he look like a serious? there's your answer

Avatar image for korg
#23 Posted by Korg (11351 posts) - - Show Bio

Does he look like a serious what?

Avatar image for resonate
#24 Posted by Resonate (14551 posts) - - Show Bio
Mer-Man said:
"Thank you :P It was only increased 50 points"
IQ doesnt describe genius
Avatar image for john_valentine
#25 Posted by John Valentine (16466 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
" True, his IQ without the crayon was 110."

Statistically over the average IQ.
Avatar image for korg
#26 Posted by Korg (11351 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Statistically over the average IQ."
Yes, but nowhere near genius range.
@ Res: It can, and does in certain cases. It is the most popular way of defining the term.
Avatar image for john_valentine
#27 Posted by John Valentine (16466 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"John Valentine said:
"Statistically over the average IQ."
Yes, but nowhere near genius range.
@ Res: It can, and does in certain cases. It is the most popular way of defining the term.
"
What is the genius criterion?
Avatar image for korg
#28 Posted by Korg (11351 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends who you ask. Generally between 140-160 IQ. This is of course not the only criterion for a genius. Many people have been described as geniuses who had average IQs, and were simply very innovative in their fields, or lived before the invention of the Intelligence Quotient.

Avatar image for john_valentine
#29 Posted by John Valentine (16466 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Depends who you ask. Generally between 140-160 IQ. This is of course not the only criterion for a genius. Many people have been described as geniuses who had average IQs, and were simply very innovative in their fields, or lived before the invention of the Intelligence Quotient."
I thought that 150 was the lower boundary.
Avatar image for korg
#30 Edited by Korg (11351 posts) - - Show Bio

As I said, it depends who you ask. It can be as low as 136, or as high as 180.

Avatar image for john_valentine
#31 Posted by John Valentine (16466 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"As I said, it depends who you ask."
Ok.
Avatar image for matches
#32 Posted by Matches (254 posts) - - Show Bio
kick-@$$ said:
"He has to be smart to be funny."
true, but his intent is usually not to be funny during whatever slapstick humor he crumbles to.
Avatar image for dark_patron
#33 Posted by Dark Patron (356 posts) - - Show Bio

SOUTH PARK DESTROYS ALL!

Avatar image for matches
#34 Posted by Matches (254 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Patron said:
"SOUTH PARK DESTROYS ALL!"
family guy >>>>> south park (family guy pwns)
the simpsons >>>>> family guy (they still make me laugh)
american dad >>> family guy (the subtle humour is hilarious)
Aladin >>> The Little Murmaid, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White and Futurama combined!

but know of this, Lion King is pwns all
Avatar image for dark_patron
#35 Posted by Dark Patron (356 posts) - - Show Bio

Lion King does prolly pwn all...

but I find South Park funnier than Family Guy

Avatar image for dark_ninja
#36 Posted by Dark Ninja (328 posts) - - Show Bio

no

Avatar image for dark_ninja
#37 Posted by Dark Ninja (328 posts) - - Show Bio
Insurance Sha said:
"Hold the phone!?

Semiazas,Archdevil, and Dark ninja?

Somthing is up!"
SSSHHHHH
Avatar image for vrakmul
#38 Posted by Vrakmul (23829 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"How many times have we actually even seen Homer at the power plant in recent years, anyway? Or at Moe's, for that matter? Man, the Simpsons really needs to end. They're a self-parody at this point."
As if Family guy is any better. 
Avatar image for resonate
#39 Posted by Resonate (14551 posts) - - Show Bio
Matches said:

american dad >>> family guy (the subtle humour is hilarious)

"
You would be shot for saying that here
Avatar image for korg
#40 Edited by Korg (11351 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"As if Family guy is any better. "
If you read my other post, you'll notice I'm not a huge Family Guy fan either.

Resonate said:
"Matches said:

american dad >>> family guy (the subtle humour is hilarious)

"
You would be shot for saying that here"
Yeah, there is nothing subtle about any of the humor in American Dad. Quite the opposite, in fact.
Avatar image for king_saturn
#41 Posted by King Saturn (220482 posts) - - Show Bio
Peter Griffith maybe more of a Genius than Homer
Avatar image for paragon
#42 Posted by Paragon (7283 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Not with that crayon in his brain he isn't."
I was going to say that....
Avatar image for sparda
#43 Edited by Sparda (15794 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
" Overall, Simpsons > Futurama > South Park > Family Guy. Nothing can touch the golden age of the Simpsons, seasons 1-8 or so. Family Guy went downhill fast after it was brought back. Seth MacFarlane needs to go back and watch some of the earlier episodes (Da Boom jumps to mind) and realize that gay jokes and heavy-handed political commentary are not always the best ways to get laughs."

QFT.
Avatar image for matches
#44 Posted by Matches (254 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Peter Griffith maybe more of a Genius than Homer
"
the man does work in a brewery
Avatar image for king_saturn
#45 Posted by King Saturn (220482 posts) - - Show Bio
Matches said:
"King Saturn said:
"Peter Griffith maybe more of a Genius than Homer
"
the man does work in a brewery"
Yubba Yubba
Avatar image for theracles
#46 Posted by Theracles (1491 posts) - - Show Bio

No way.

Avatar image for king_saturn
#47 Posted by King Saturn (220482 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"No way."
LOL
Avatar image for king_saturn
#48 Posted by King Saturn (220482 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"No way."
LOL
Avatar image for psysis
#49 Posted by Psysis (2270 posts) - - Show Bio
Matches said:
"He sleeps all day at work at a job where i would imagine he would get paid a decent amount, because he somehow manages so afford to get tanked near every night at a pub, which judging from the crowd they get wouldn't have the cheapest drinks in springfield. pretty much the only bar in springfield....

then he goes home to an apparantly hot wife and eats his dinner and watches tv."

he's a closet genius