Is america going to crap

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

US has been going downhill for some years now, so has the rest of the world though.

Also, asking a gay man to be with a woman would be the same crap as asking a black guy to pull a Michael Jackson.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@silavite said:

America may be bad, but at least our polititions arent turning into dictators every 2 years. (Poor Egypt....)

They are what do you think Obamacare is. Obamacare is about controlling the population.

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@mynamewasdeleted:

Still disagree in the whole equal thing. Being black is a categorization of the human race. Its not the same as a sexual orientation or lifestyle. And the struggles that African Americans have had to endure over history are far worse. Read my previous argument on this page. Lynchings, Mobbings, Slavery, Denial of education, Exploitation, segregation, and Jim crow laws alone put that struggle up and you saying that being homosexual is braver isn't someyhing I agree with. You can draw the similarities that you mentioned from any rights movement but that doesnt make them the same. That what makes them right movements. Like the womens right movement, disability rights movement, and Native American rights movement. The whole 20th century proved braver.

you are wrong sir, in your assumption that Transsexual has anything to do with sex or sexual orientation- it has nothing to do with sex or who you are attracted to, or where you go and live out your lifestyle. This whole gender issue is NOT about being straight or gay.

It has exactly everything to do with identity and who you are. Just like being black is part of who you are, and being a boy is part of who you are, and being a woman is part of who your mother is and being a man is part of who your father is. Being transsexual is the boy or girl part of who someone is, and it has nothing to do with who they are attracted to.

So, yes- ok being black is a categorization of the human race, and so is being male or female. While there are intersexed people and people who identify as gender neutral, that is not generally accepted as one of the boxes you can check off (thankfully here on CV we can check 'other' as our gender, but even that seems a bit derogatory). Thus to say your racial history is equal with the history of another group is outside the realm of discussion, and I never said that, nor do I think I ever would.

What I said, you sensitive thing, was this: "Black is exactly equal to Transsexual, they are both conditions which one cannot change about oneself -try as they might to wish or pray it away. One is completely understood at a moments glance as being a condition, the other can be hidden." OR if I must break it down in small bite sized pieces for you, here- You can look at a person and see if they are black, but might not be able to see if they are transsexual and NO MATTER what they do they can't change who they are.

This whole discussion owes it's genesis to the bigoted expression of one person against a group of people-

@sog7dc:

I kinda lost you there lol, a bit technical haha. But they elected a trans girl ( aka a dude) as prom queen in a school. Makes me wonder wtf is going on here lol

Had he said 'But they elected a black girl (aka a monkey) as prom queen in a school.' This would have been shut down right then and there! Now- I'm not saying shut this down, but consider how this discussion feels now, now that it's couched in explicit racism as opposed to explicit hate against a less prevalent group of people. It's hate- just the same... it's an unchangeable condition of my existence just as unchangeable as black is a state of being you cannot change. I am trans on the inside no matter what the outside looks like. I am in a category of hate, just like you- THAT is why we are the same.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d57a3174063
deactivated-57d57a3174063

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Is America going to crap". That made me burst out laughing. But in all seriousness, I can't wait until the world starts seeing people as human beings and not as white, black, straight, gay, trans.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#205  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

lol the strawman and red herring arguments in this thread makes my head hurt.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

You've been listening to that idiot kicker Chris Kluwe haven't you? Great...

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol the strawman and red herring arguments in this thread makes my head hurt.

I hope you're not referring to me, my discourse has been neither irrelevant nor distorting. martyy15 started this discussion under the premise of discussing america's decline, but when the topic turned toward politics and away from what his intended course was, he redirected it along the path we find ourselves now. Therefore discussion of transgender issues is completely relevant and 100% on topic. As for your strawman (distortion )issue, well, all we can hope for is that clarity will become the resounding note moving forward.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@mynamewasdeleted: lol no dude I'm not talking about you specifically,I'm talking about others here.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope somebody throws nuke on Washington.

thetonester89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By thetonester89

From the outside looking in it sure seems like it. I can't believe half the sht going on there.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 41

MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

With all the messed up things going on in the country is USA going to shit? So much wack things these days ugh

The governments are full of bastards and half the America is blind.

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By JulieDC

There were cracks in this country for quite sometime, especially when the "moral majority" hijacked the republican party and the democrats got all fragmented with no universal platform to agree on. September 11, 2001 just drove a wedge that further pushed this country apart. Now all we got are politicians that care for themselves. But lets not act like the public is not guilty in all of this. Lets face it, the extreme politicians get voted in because few partake in the primaries leaving the ultra conservatives and liberals to vote for the far right and left politicians to be the candidate.This shouldn't happen given that the majority of Americans tend to be moderates...but voter apathy during primaries will surely enough guarantee it will continue to keep happening. Poli Sci 101.

Kamikaze_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No, but I know a few countries that are going to crap.

BadVoodoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By BadVoodoo

lol i still can't get over the fact people didn't freak about the Kennedy assassination, i mean how the hell can that be an accident? I mean really, 2 Kennedys assassinated is just a big ol coincidence?

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yes, no debate

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By RoyalDivinity
@powerherc said:

Sadly, yes.

Our politicians are all lying fakes, our corporate leaders know only greed and our sense of right and wrong has been strangled.

And yet, the people -- the people that are easily manipulated, touted, or coerced -- has consistently let these charlatans usurp power gradually throughout time. Frankly, I may detest power-hungry demagogues, but I abhor the jobbernowls even moreso.

@king_saturn said:

America isn't going to Crap... America is fine... everyone wants to b!tch and moan and talk about how things was so much better back in the old days of America... forgetting how hard those days was on minorities...

Depict "everyone". Please, go on then. But of course, I'd rather circumvent this post for its red herring. And by the way, it's the United States of America, not America; as that, itself, depicts America in general and not the U.S. thereof.

@sideburnguru said:

As for America going to crap? It's only going to crap because everywhere else is going to crap.

One of the reasons as to why 'America' is going to crap is due to people that refers to the U.S. as America.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#222  Edited By SideburnGuru

I saw someone compare black people to transexuals.

Okay. I'm done. I don't care what you support, be open minded to whatever. I'm all for choice, equality, whatever. But that's a horrible, HORRIBLE way of looking at it.

As for America going to crap? It's only going to crap because everywhere else is going to crap. We're going to get better. We're going to go to crap again. Society is like a roller coaster, it goes up and down, there's never a cool down section. Just like every place out there.

No place is perfect.

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We've become a nation of obese, reality-tv loving, overly politically correct, slaves to our phones. Yeah, we're well on our way.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

We've become a nation of obese, reality-tv loving, overly politically correct, slaves to our phones.

We've also unlearned grammar.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yaay for snowden

Boo for NSA

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Gambit474

@shadowx said:

@martyyy15: and thats a good thing. She isnt a dude. And if you think that minorities and opressed people getting rights and being treated fairly is "america going to crap" Then I don't want to know what a good america is to you.

there's far more important things in the world that America should be working on instead. There's always going to be oppressed people and minorities..I don't know why people act like that's ever going to change

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambit474: theres only going to "always be opressed people" if people continue to have apathy about these situations saying it's never going to change. And even if I don't get to live to see that change, I'm going to work to make it better for people like me. And yes there are other issues at hand, but when trans sisters are being killed and attacked, and our rights being taken away I will care and fight for thosse rights. The same reason i will care for womans rights and native rights, and poc of rights. Because by caring and working to change something is how things get done, not by saying " things will always be like that" because of i take that additude then i have already lost.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Welcome to the past 12 years.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowx said:

@gambit474: theres only going to "always be opressed people" if people continue to have apathy about these situations saying it's never going to change. And even if I don't get to live to see that change, I'm going to work to make it better for people like me. And yes there are other issues at hand, but when trans sisters are being killed and attacked, and our rights being taken away I will care and fight for thosse rights. The same reason i will care for womans rights and native rights, and poc of rights. Because by caring and working to change something is how things get done, not by saying " things will always be like that" because of i take that additude then i have already lost.

Being killed and attacked..I know it's probably been said someplace else but gays/transgenders/whoever have got it a whole lot better here in America then they would in other countries. The only way to go about that change that you're talking about is to pretty much brainwash everyone..You can't force people to accept things they don't support no matter how much you criticize them. There's nothing wrong with my attitude..I simply acknowledge that issues like this will be an endless cycle. There will always be a group that gets downgraded or treated badly..That doesn't mean it'll always be that way for them however there will still always be that group. Gays/Religious/Black/Trans/Tall/Short/Fat/Skinny/Whoever or whatever..People will always find something to hold against another. However I much rather see America fix more important problems that are in more dire need of fixing. I view jobs,food,being able to keep gas in the car,and far more other things as more important then someone getting married.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambit474: yes i know my lgbt siblings in othet countries have it worse. But that doenst mean its not bad hear too. And no not brainwashing, but educating if we educate people, over the years people will actually learn, thats how a society progresses. And tbh LGBT rights fall directly into what you are talking about, in many states its legal for a person to get fired for simply being gay or trans, LGBT people have a higher chance of being homeless especially lgbt youth. Marriage is the least of our worries( even if the media makes it out to be the end all of it) Yesterday i saw a video of a group of lgbt youth being harrassed and assualted on a train in my city. I was outside that day, i was riding the trains, that literally could have been me who was attacked. Do we have other problems i agree we do, but alot of opressed people( not just lgbt) face thosse problems and more, and are more likely to face thosse problems because of their opression.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowx said:

@gambit474: yes i know my lgbt siblings in othet countries have it worse. But that doenst mean its not bad hear too. And no not brainwashing, but educating if we educate people, over the years people will actually learn, thats how a society progresses. And tbh LGBT rights fall directly into what you are talking about, in many states its legal for a person to get fired for simply being gay or trans, LGBT people have a higher chance of being homeless especially lgbt youth. Marriage is the least of our worries( even if the media makes it out to be the end all of it) Yesterday i saw a video of a group of lgbt youth being harrassed and assualted on a train in my city. I was outside that day, i was riding the trains, that literally could have been me who was attacked. Do we have other problems i agree we do, but alot of opressed people( not just lgbt) face thosse problems and more, and are more likely to face thosse problems because of their opression.

No you would have to mind control/brainwash every individual for true "equality" to exist. Even if gays got rights they would still get mistreated by people..Just like there's still people out there who are racist against blacks and call them the N word or are sexist and degrade women..You can't change people's behavior entirely. Sure you can educate but it's a problem that will always exist..As I said it'll always be an endless cycle. That doesn't mean we shouldn't try no but it's a problem that will never be 100% gone. Yes them losing jobs and such over the way they are is a problem that should be fixed because that would be an important need.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With all the messed up things going on in the country is USA going to sh*t? So much wack things these days ugh

Still going down hill.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes

Aimless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Aimless

It's like falling down a flight of stairs

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Anarchy Rules

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#238 wildvine  Moderator

Dear Past OP,

It totally went to crap.

--Future Wv

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

Also, asking a gay man to be with a woman would be the same crap as asking a black guy to pull a Michael Jackson.

You mean became legendary singer and world star?) That'd be challenge for good achievement and not crap)

Shepard-Croft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When was America ever good? Or better yet, the world in general?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Clinton and Trump for President, It does not get crappier.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Spambot

People have been saying that since the mid 60's. It all depends on how you view things. I see a lot of things changing behind the scenes right now which is ultimately going to have a very positive effect on the planet which would include the usa. The people who have been pulling the string for as long as most anyone can remember are finally getting removed. That is why there have been so many huge financial changes going on which the media barely covers.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When was America ever good? Or better yet, the world in general?

this

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Merica ain't going to crap, how do you explain this:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts