I don't understand why is it important that the U.S President must address whether he wears a bathrobe?

Avatar image for tsciallsolle3451
TSciallsolle3451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

http://www.bbc.com/news/video_and_audio/headlines/38899342

Okay, I thought the important and professional thing for a world leader is to settle world issues or at least tackle the issues in his own country?

It is one thing for the internet trolls/bored users to speculate other less important things, but why did the U.S President's press secretary had to declare that the President did not wear a bathrobe instead of addressing other issues that can potentially threaten the stability of the nation?

I am honestly, somewhat bewildered. Maybe its because now I happened to pay attention to U.S media a bit more than usual, but is that how the United States' politics work? Has that happened in the past? If so, please point out to me, or at least explain.

Thanks.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Media will do anything nowadays.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wearing a bathrobe or not actually can cause problems for a nation's safety.

removekebab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is a bathrobe?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Russia clearly hacked the bathrobes.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cause people want to know what's under the robe

heh heh

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@tsciallsolle3451: it's a really messed up situation

I think it has a lot to do with Trumps ego

he's constantly been bringing up these things that don't matter

in a lot of the first speeches he went out of his way to brag and lie about how big his crowd was

his press secretary wasn't even asked about the robe, he brought it up unprompted which tells me that Trump directly told him to talk about it

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How could he possibly solve any of these problems if he is not wearing a bathrobe though? If we are questioning what the media tells us as being relevant info then how will the media do its job of telling us what to argue about? Just nod your head like a good little peon and you will feel better. Don't question. Just obey.

GunsNRoses23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't wear one. I walk out the shower naked as hell.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By dernman  Online

@gunsnroses23 said:
@solid_snake97 said:

Trump doesn't either which means you are like Trump. Therefore that means you're a Nazi. It's just logical.

GunsNRoses23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@gunsnroses23 said:
@solid_snake97 said:

Trump doesn't either which means you are like Trump. Therefore that means you're a Nazi. It's just logical.

Yup. Sieg Heil.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By nefarious

I want to know why the media would think people would care about what the president wears behind closed doors. I mean.....really......just tell when America is going to be great.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Because the other candidate that had 30 years of experience actually preparing for the office of President used the wrong email account. Don't worry though, President Trump is super smart and he's gonna make a ton of great deals.

GoodFella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol only in America, this is the same country where apparently being an atheist is news worthy

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodfella: Stop criticising our country or we'll nuke you.

GoodFella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nefarious:

Because today in the United States ANYTHING seems to be newsworthy. Especially today with how politically super charged everything is, any TINY thing that might embarrass a political, or other celebrity figure is going to be broadcast. The more important or noteworthy the figure the person is, the more minutia is fair game.

The main thing that made this situation such a "big deal" is that to about half the country Trump is a WILDLY unpopular president, and the news networks (if for no other reason) know that they will get good ratings spikes (and therefore more business for their advertisers) for such an embarrassing and provocative "story".

The media (and some other things) have pretty much gone nuts here in the ol' US of A, we're just hanging on for the ride for awhile. Grab some popcorn.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nefarious

If any information is newsworthy........then they should tell the public when President Trump sneezes or coughs. Social media would be in "awe".

@heroup2112 said:

@nefarious:

Because today in the United States ANYTHING seems to be newsworthy. Especially today with how politically super charged everything is, any TINY thing that might embarrass a political, or other celebrity figure is going to be broadcast. The more important or noteworthy the figure the person is, the more minutia is fair game.

The main thing that made this situation such a "big deal" is that to about half the country Trump is a WILDLY unpopular president, and the news networks (if for no other reason) know that they will get good ratings spikes (and therefore more business for their advertisers) for such an embarrassing and provocative "story".

The media (and some other things) have pretty much gone nuts here in the ol' US of A, we're just hanging on for the ride for awhile. Grab some popcorn.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HeroUp2112

It must one of those "slow news days."

@heroup2112 said:

@nefarious: It would indeed.

You'd think...this is just how hot a subject the President is right now. SOOOO many people either llooooovee or HHHATTE him, any twitch he makes is gonna make big news. ESPECIALLY if it's potentially embarrassing or cool. Mainly embarrassing, because more people tune in for that. Human nature, unfortunately.

Avatar image for dextersinister1
Dextersinister1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:

in a lot of the first speeches he went out of his way to brag and lie about how big his crowd was

his press secretary wasn't even asked about the robe, he brought it up unprompted which tells me that Trump directly told him to talk about it

He could have an ego but it's show successful brainwashing if you think that's the issue. Spicer specifically said himself that it's not about the specific issue's, it's that they are never ending, the media keeps churning them out.

It's hard for me to see Trumps negative side and I don't say that in that I don't picture he has one, when there is literally a group of powerful people who actively seek to make you think negative things about him regardless of what he does, if you have a problem with Trump you will see these stories and are more likely to lap them up, they make your beliefs feel vindicated so you are less likely delve into whether they or true or not, whether they are in the case with the Bath Robe constantly creating friction where none existed.

No Caption Provided

ukpkmkk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:

He could have an ego but it's show successful brainwashing if you think that's the issue. Spicer specifically said himself that it's not about the specific issue's, it's that they are never ending, the media keeps churning them out.

It's hard for me to see Trumps negative side and I don't say that in that I don't picture he has one, when there is literally a group of powerful people who actively seek to make you think negative things about him regardless of what he does, if you have a problem with Trump you will see these stories and are more likely to lap them up, they make your beliefs feel vindicated so you are less likely delve into whether they or true or not, whether they are in the case with the Bath Robe constantly creating friction where none existed.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nefarious said:

@heroup2112 said:

You'd think...this is just how hot a subject the President is right now. SOOOO many people either llooooovee or HHHATTE him, any twitch he makes is gonna make big news. ESPECIALLY if it's potentially embarrassing or cool. Mainly embarrassing, because more people tune in for that. Human nature, unfortunately.

Clearly, fame is everything when it comes to the Commander-in-Chief. Some people might not concur but it is not something that folks should turn a blind eye to. I mean, even the handshake between him and Trudeau is being publicized currently and that is drawing a combination of criticism and humor. People absorb this stuff and run with it.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@dextersinister1: and Sean Spicer also said Trump had the largest inauguration crowd ever

the man outright lies to everyone on a whim, I can't trust a word he says

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By comicace3

Wtf. I think I'll go wash my eyes out now.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112 said:
@nefarious said:

@heroup2112 said:

Clearly, fame is everything when it comes to the Commander-in-Chief. Some people might not concur but it is not something that folks should turn a blind eye to. I mean, even the handshake between him and Trudeau is being publicized currently and that is drawing a combination of criticism and humor. People absorb this stuff and run with it.

::rolling my eyes:: The handshake thing...I suppose it's actually a LITTLE more viable than the bathrobe thing lol. However, it's like people were waiting with baited breath to see if one of them would whip their Johnsons out and start marking each other. It'd be hilarious if it wasn't happening for real. lol

I'll share my popcorn with ya.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Russia clearly hacked the bathrobes.

Yeah, pretty obvious if you ask me.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nefarious said:
@heroup2112 said:
@nefarious said:

@heroup2112 said:

::rolling my eyes:: The handshake thing...I suppose it's actually a LITTLE more viable than the bathrobe thing lol. However, it's like people were waiting with baited breath to see if one of them would whip their Johnsons out and start marking each other. It'd be hilarious if it wasn't happening for real. lol

I'll share my popcorn with ya.

Perhaps. What is viable and what is not? Are we going to find out what underwear he wears in the morning, too? If they actually whipped them out....it would be added to the history books for sure lol.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hatutzeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Media will do anything nowadays.

Well, I don't think anything that is shocking about this has to do with the media. I think the shocking thing is that we elected a grown man who has such an infantile need to react to everything he sees about himself in the media.

Every president before this, from the best to the worst, would have given this no more than a brief chuckle and moved on. Trump, of course, has to sick his press secretary on the media, lying about the most inane thing. While we are accustomed to presidents of both parties regularly spinning varying levels of dishonesty, it is usually in regards to matters of substance. When it comes to President Trump, he seems willing to lie about anything.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree. There are more important issues right now than bathrobegate.

But perhaps this is what the mainstream media wants; an excuse to talk about something irrelevant to avoid talking about things that actually matter.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

facepalm

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsciallsolle3451: It's times like this I think to myself that the only reason the media floods us with this senseless bullshit is because they are trying to pull the attention of the public away from something far more important/devious that they don't want to discuss.

America isn't the only country guilty of doing things like this though.....

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chomp said:

looks like this

Interesting how so many women have no trouble shaming men for their dick size. It's almost like they feel it's a virtuous thing to do.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's because the mainstream media desperately reaches to make Trump look bad. They focus and waste time on absurd issues in order to make Trump look unprofessional and irrational as possible. They wonder why they are called fake news. Especially CNN who has deliberately tried to cover up atrocities so their stations wouldn't be pulled from networks in the Middle-East.

Beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No bathrobe? Here's how Jeb can still win.

ChomP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree, apparently it's what make you a 'man' nothing to do with your personality, actions, ability to raise a child... nope it's all about dick size is much of a man you are lol my wife has no complaints but hey all good (probably to her friends lol )

@mortein said:
@chomp said:

looks like this

Interesting how so many women have no trouble shaming men for their dick size. It's almost like they feel it's a virtuous thing to do.