Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By TheHulk

Welcome to a new episode of...

No Caption Provided

Today, Hulk going to do a short blog. Hulk want to give Hulk's thoughts on the My Little Pony sensation that's been going on the Internet. It's everywhere. Hulk cannot go ONE place in the Internet without seeing one of these. Hulk can't get away from it no matter where Hulk go. Hulk don't really understand what the big deal is. Keep in mind, Hulk decided to watch the show recently to find out what the big deal was, and Hulk got to say, Hulk thought it was OK. The flash animation is good, the stories are well above average, but am Hulk a full-fledged brony (Hulk get to that in a sec). No.

Hulk am not a brony. Sorry Hulk don't mind the show, but Hulk am not completely obsessed over it like so many people have been lately. It's a show that was intended for little girls, but somehow got an audience of grown men and male teenagers (called bronies). Hulk have to say, if you like the show and you're a man, go ahead. Live it up. But, Hulk just not going to join the Brony club anytime soon. Hulk am more of a fan of something more MANLY, like Transformers and GI Joe (seriously, Transformers got a comeback on Transformers Prime, why is nobody talking about THAT? Maybe that's why it ended recently.)

How is this a massive trend?
How is this a massive trend?

Now, Hulk a little embarrassed to ask this, but the question of the day is...

Are you a brony? Did you watch the show? Tell Hulk in the comments below.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm not a Brony (I am neither male nor have I watched one episode of the show), but I am a HUUUUGE Homestucker. And the fandoms often intermix.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I like the show but I would never call myself a brony. Don't get why people can't like stuff without becoming obsessed over it

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No, not a brony....Lol.

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I'd put myself in the "likes the show but is not a brony" category.

They treat it like it's one of the best shows ever and frankly it's not. It's got great animation, top notch voice acting, likable characters and fairly complex plots, but compared to the great cartoons? Not even close. To this day I can't understand how it's so huge.

Oh and BTW, MLP isn't girly. I know from the outside looking in it seems that way, but it isn't. Throughout the show the ponies fight Hydras, Dragons, numerous other monsters, an evil sorcerer (actual demonic evil not eccentric evil). Hell is confirmed to exist in their universe. While it certainly has it's feminine elements is isn't fair to dismiss it as being girly.

The_Good_Loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skyfire: Do you know how many keys you had to press to answer "yes" ? :D

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have a friend who's a brony.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand why people like the show in my own personal opinion. It is a little kid's show. People have told me comics are just for children. In fact, it's difficult for kids to find a child friendly comic. As a 19 year old male, I don't see why MLP is so popular. Can someone with an unbiased opinion tell me what it's appeal is?

The_Good_Loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94: I haven't watched one ep, but i suppose it's no different than the powerpuff girls were in the 90's.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By danhimself

what I don't understand is how these guys got in to the show in the first place....I have never been flipping through the channels and saw "My Little Pony" on the guide and said "oh I'll try this"

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

@thehulk: I read this in a Larry King voice if he had a bad cold in his throat.

Thank you

Blood_Red_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what I don't understand is how these guys got in to the show in the first place....I have never been flipping through the channels and saw "My Little Pony" on the guide and said "oh I'll try this"

Internet. One guy trolls about liking the show and finding it brilliant and a bunch of idiots take it seriously. Believing it to be more than just a show aimed towards little girls. Laughable really. To each his own though!

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PaperDemon

No. I loathe bronies. annoying little brats.

The_Good_Loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I'd be okay with Brats, but these Neckbeards are just... ugh...

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

no and no.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Yokergeist

The show is okay but I'm not a bronie.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@paperdemon said:

No Caption Provided

I'd be okay with Brats, but these Neckbeards are just... ugh...

That picture is too good

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

Internet. One guy trolls about liking the show and finding it brilliant and a bunch of idiots take it seriously. Believing it to be more than just a show aimed towards little girls. Laughable really. To each his own though!

Completely inaccurate, it was because of an article claiming the show to be sexist, so people watched it to see what the fuss was about.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I've watched a few episodes and it's not bad. Just don't see what all the hype it gets. It's pretty good but bronies blow it out of proportion way too much.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am as much a Brony as I am a happy citizen of North Korea.

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94:

Well I am a fan of the show ( but no brony lol, hell no haha). ANyway I'll give you an unbaised response ( I'm good at being unbaised). Pretty much to sum it up its just a good show. Its got likable characters that shockingly have personalitys regular people can relate to. If you were a 90s kid its a show similar to the good REAL disney shows from 90s, such as timon and pumba, aladdin etc.... And there are actually some legit funny moments in it, stuff that both kids and adults can enjoy. In essence yes its a kids show, but there are aspects of it that make it morre like a show like "batman the animated series". Meaning that yes it is a cartoon and was made for kids, but that does not mean it is limited only to kids. Take batman again, cartoon but yet loved by many adults and kids alike. So even though at first glance you'd think its a girlly show, its quite neutral. Meaning it has aspects that appeal to both kids and adults. Also its a very fun light-hearted show. Something that can cheer you up a bit if you feel a bit down, there aren't many shows like that today on tv lol.

So yeah I enjoy it. But I'm sure as hell not obsessed. No way am I wearing a MLP shirt or buying toys and stuff lol. I watch it for the same reason I read green lantern and watch bleach, for entertainment and its just fun....hope that answers your queston.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Haven't seen it yet, i dont even think it airs here >_>

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not a bronie nor do I have any interest in the show whatsoever.

BUT

Let people like what they like. Regardless of age or gender and as long as they aren't harming anyone else. What is the big deal? Let people like what they like and you focus on what you like. Also I am a Transformers fan, a Transformers Prime fan but I wouldn't say I like it because its "MANLY" I can think of much better reasons why I like it than that. By and large I don't like football and that is considered "manly" does that make me less of a "man". That entire term is just pathetic because it holds no point or relevance.

Also seriously get your facts straight about Transformers Prime the show has not being cancelled or anything like that, its just run its course. The upcoming Predacon Rising finale too so its not ended yet. Also the producers of the show have already talked about doing a follow up to Transformers Prime. And where does your assumption that no one is talking about Prime coming from? Have you visited TFW 2005? Seibertron? or any other TF Forum. Because if that was the case you would not be mentioning that. Sure Transformers may not get talked a whole lot about on here at times but I have seen it discussed more than My Little Pony.

If it is a fad or trend it will die out, but I question weather that is so since it does seem to have a fan base.

I don't like it I might scratch my head and wonder why so many things become so popular. I might well take my dislike for that said thing and express it. That is my right to do so. Just as things I like people have the freedom to do the same. That is fine. But insisting that these people who do like something you don't are "freaks" or "weirdos" or something of the like is there any need for?

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skyfire said:

Yeah I'd put myself in the "likes the show but is not a brony" category.

They treat it like it's one of the best shows ever and frankly it's not. It's got great animation, top notch voice acting, likable characters and fairly complex plots, but compared to the great cartoons? Not even close. To this day I can't understand how it's so huge.

Oh and BTW, MLP isn't girly. I know from the outside looking in it seems that way, but it isn't. Throughout the show the ponies fight Hydras, Dragons, numerous other monsters, an evil sorcerer (actual demonic evil not eccentric evil). Hell is confirmed to exist in their universe. While it certainly has it's feminine elements is isn't fair to dismiss it as being girly.

That does sound cool, but still, Hulk not joining the Bronies anytime soon.

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheHulk

Also, Hulk have to say that Hulk am a little miffed that Transformers also got a television comeback and NOBODY was talking about it. Hulk think that's the reason it ended recently. Hulk not blaming bronies for it, just the fact that nobody seemed to give it any attention.