How well would prime Mike Tyson fare in UFC?

Apocofist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If a prime Tyson was participating in the octagon today or at the very first UFC how well would his run be?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he was at the very first UFC he could do fairly well, it was still a new thing and people did not have a well rounded game a the time.

If it was more modern day, he is not getting out of round 1, he does not have the right training for it.

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apocofist: He would stand not much chance without training for it, at least not today.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better than the average top tier boxer.

Apocofist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't he still be a threat though? Tyson was incredibly fast for his size and his striking power would probably be the best one around.

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gunchar16

@apocofist: He would, but just for the lower end in the UFC(everyone else would have too much advantages).

The first UFC is a different story.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By ComicStooge

So Mike is dropped in UFC 1 and performs against the fighters there like Royce and Ken?

Because realistically, if the Gracies knew ahead of time that Mike Tyson was going to fight in the first UFC event, there's no doubt in my mind that they would've sent Rickson (the champion of the family) instead of Royce, who would've put Tyson to sleep.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Prime Mike Tyson was transported to 2017, and was given 2 years of BJJ and Wrestling training like CM Punk received I bet he would be a force to be reckoned with. His ground game wouldn't be the best, but his training can focus on how to prevent being taken down, as well as surviving should he be taken down. Then, along with his hax boxing (by UFC standards), I can see him being a title contender at least.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

• He undoubtedly would be one of the greatest strikers in the history of the UFC.
  • But I have no idea how good is ground game would be..But if i had to guess id say it would probably be neglected due to his ungodly great striking gifts.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e09a6b06793e
deactivated-5e09a6b06793e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He would have zero takedown defense, and would be submitted 30 seconds into the first round.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers