Harley Quinn needa more live action

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 anthp2000  Moderator

Alright, I just returned from the cinema watching SS. I must say that at first I had my insecurity...Vilain only concepts don't usually work that well, but thanefully, the movies was great!

Will Smith stole the show for me. He is one fine actor.

Apart from all these, does anyone else think that Harley needs more live action?

If so, what actress do you want as her?

Personally, I would love to see Margot Robbie again as Harley. Her acting had some holes but Quinn is a pretty difficult role so with this experience, she should be ready to offer us a perfect protreyal.

What do you think?

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#2 wildvine  Moderator

Have you ever seen Batman TAS? Have you read a single issue of her solo comic before the New 52?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 anthp2000  Moderator

@wildvine: Yes and yes. TAS was my favourite Harley. What does that mean?

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wildvine  Moderator

@anthp2000: Then how can you say she could do a perfect portrayal? She is nothing like any of the comic versions.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@wildvine said:

@anthp2000: Then how can you say she could do a perfect portrayal? She is nothing like any of the comic versions.

Yes she is exactly like the comics version. You are mistaking with the Animated Serie version ! Which I agree is 10000 better.

No she shouldn't get any more movie time ! I dislike the modern Harley Quinn.

But to my great sadness, a team up Harley Movie is already planned, and I don't see why they'll change the actress. Margot did well.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 anthp2000  Moderator

@wildvine: Let me expalin my idea.

THE original Harley was incredible and by afr the best. I believe that as the years passed, they we're ruinong Harley more and more and more...They wanted to make her a sexy bad girl...Well that doesn't work for me. Go create another character, do not destroy one of the best DC characters.

I litteraly hate every Harley version except d'or the original and the DCEU. TH

The problem with the other modern Harleys is that they just don't feel like Harleys. Not at all. Not even close. Well here I found the exception. SS Harley isn't in her original costume but she does feel like Harley.

The differences between her and the original are those:

1) Costume: Can you imagine how bad they would fail if they tried putting an actress in this costume. See for yourself. Harley in her orinial costume was shown briefly and she looked God awful. They can't bring the original Harley without making a mess with the costume. Therefore, I beleive that the design of this Harley was just great. I loved it actually.

2) TAS Harley was just comic relief. This Harley is both funny and BA at the same time. I don't mind Harley being more BA for once except for her solo comics.

All in all, I believe that she felt a lot like Harley unlike all other modern versions.

Perfect portrayal doesn't mean that it will be the perfect version of Harley. For me the perfect will always be the original. However, I was talking about her acting and that with more effort she can give us a perfect performance for THIS version of Harley, that I actually loved, again, unlike all others after the original.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wildvine  Moderator

@anthp2000:

They wanted to make her a sexy bad girl...Well that doesn't work for me. Go create another character, do not destroy one of the best DC characters.

--

Therefore, I beleive that the design of this Harley was just great. I loved it actually.

You hate that they tried to make her sexy but you like her trashy cheerleader costume. Seems mildly contradictory. And no, her original costume could have worked. If Spider- Man can wear a body suit and look like a gymnist then there is no reason they couldn't do the same for her.

Abhartach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She needs a new costume for any future movies but the classic costume wouldn't fit the feel of the movie. However I was intrigued by her relationship with the Joker.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 anthp2000  Moderator

@wildvine: Margott looked gorgeous in it and youncould tell that this was Harley Quinn, so why not like it? They could have done better than the shorts but other than that it's not like that.

Take Arkham Harley for example. Her breast is out and she barely wears any clothes at all. DCEU is not like that. Arlham Harley and all other modern Harleys were messed up to the point that they weren't HQ anymore. THIS Harley was perfectly in character unlike them, and that makes up for the lack of original costume.

I don't see it working. Spider Man and HQ's costumes are nothing alike. You have to get that the original Harley looked far too cartoonish to look good in live action. They couldn't even put a great classic Harley costume in the Dark Knight video game. In order to put Harley like that in live action, the costume has to be like a latex and she would still look far too cartoonish. Believe me, I'd also love to see TAS HARLEY Quinn in live action but it wouldn't be good because she's far too cartoonish.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@abhartach: That's my point. Classic Harley is far too cartoonish to look good in live action. I really liked this costume but they can do better.

I especially loved how Joker treated her like his loved one for once. The whole abusing relationship is really depressing sometimes and I just love seeing them like that for once. Margot was also great for the role.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

She was easily the best part

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@anthp2000:

Margott looked gorgeous in it and youncould tell that this was Harley Quinn, so why not like it?

Actually I would not have known just by looking.

Spider Man and HQ's costumes are nothing alike.

Yes. Spider-Man's skin tight body suit is sooooo much different from Harley's skin tight body suit. That is a perfectly logical point. They aren't alike in the least.

You have to get that the original Harley looked far too cartoonish to look good in live action. They couldn't even put a great classic Harley costume in the Dark Knight video game. In order to put Harley like that in live action, the costume has to be like a latex and she would still look far too cartoonish. Believe me, I'd also love to see TAS HARLEY Quinn in live action but it wouldn't be good because she's far too cartoonish.

Oh yes. The costume would just HAVE to be latex. There was just no other way. It's too bad we don't live in a world where T-shirts can be custom made. I mean, a red and black T-shirt with a harlequin motif? Impossible!! And why would we want her costume to have a harlequin theme anyway? I can't POSSIBLY IMAGINE. The only way to dress the character was in Hot Topic reject cloths. The logic is too much for my brain!!!!!

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@wildvine: Probably not

Yeah, they are different. Stop being sarcastic and listen up. Harle Quinn's costume is cartoonish. Spiderman's costume isn't.

Let's assume that it can be t shirt and not latez. It wod still look cartoonish and wouldn't fit with anything in the movie.

Furthermore, her TAS costume is obviously tight. Harley would have to wear tights anyway. As you can see, it has to be latex because it has to be tight. Because her origin xoatume os tight. T-shirts and trousers are NOT tight. And latex doesn't work.

I never said that I wouldn't want a harlequin theme anyway. Basically, I said that I would love to see it work but I just don't think it would. And anyway, this Harley is in character, something that I missed and didnt see by any other modern version.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@anthp2000:

Yeah, they are different. Stop being sarcastic and listen up. Harle Quinn's costume is cartoonish. Spiderman's costume isn't.

Solid argument. Care to be more specific on that? How is Spider-Man's bug eye lens mask not cartoonish?

Let's assume that it can be t shirt and not latez. It wod still look cartoonish and wouldn't fit with anything in the movie.

How would a T-shirt be cartoonish? You know she is wearing a T-shirt anyway? So how is off white more realistic then red and black? And why isn't Spider-Man cartoonish in red and blue? Is black more of a cartoon col,or then black?

Furthermore, her TAS costume is obviously tight. Harley would have to wear tights anyway.

Yes. And Spider-Man's costume is tight. Almost like there's a word for that-- oh yeah! They're called tights. And no, she wouldn't have to wear tights if they wanted to update her look. I already said that. That was why I brought up t-shirts to begin with.

I never said that I wouldn't want a harlequin theme anyway. Basically, I said that I would love to see it work but I just don't think it would.

Why? Why would black and red shirt and tights "not work"? Give me any reason.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After seeing "needa" in the title I read it in a Italian accent.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No she doesn't. Outside of TAS shes revolting.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 anthp2000  Moderator

@wildvine: The whole combination of black and red harlequin concept is more cartoonish that a white T shirt.

Except that no one cares when Spiderman wears tights cause he is a man, but when an actress wears tights, she can't help but look hot to most guys. The problem is that they tried to make Harley hot, and I blame the video games and series fpr not keeping the old cute little non sexy Harley. hHowever I can't blame live action just because Margot Robbie has a well-shaped body and will look like this in tights. An actress is not a video game model that you can edit and design. Your argument was that they have to keep the old Harley in, and then you say that they can update their looks. That's not the same thing.

Because a T-shirt is just not tight unlike Harley'S costume.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 anthp2000  Moderator
wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wildvine  Moderator

@anthp2000:

The whole combination of black and red harlequin concept is more cartoonish that a white T shirt.

That is opinion, not fact. You have yet to offer any real reason why red and black is cartoonish.

Except that no one cares when Spiderman wears tights cause he is a man, but when an actress wears tights, she can't help but look hot to most guys.

No. That is not what you said. You said "Harle Quinn's costume is cartoonish. Spiderman's costume isn't." You didn't say anything about sex appeal.

Your argument was that they have to keep the old Harley in, and then you say that they can update their looks. That's not the same thing.

And no, that's not what I said either. I said "Oh yes. The costume would just HAVE to be latex. There was just no other way. It's too bad we don't live in a world where T-shirts can be custom made." in response to your argument that a full body suit would be cartoonish. I said that if a full body suit could not work then they could have used modern clothing with her original color scheme. Furthermore, most people say she's hot anyway, so I do not believe she would be less hot to most people in this color or that. So why not throw a bone to the long time fans?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@wildvine: I said everything I had to say. To sum up:

TAS Harley iz the best and modern versions kind of suck. However, SS version is great because she is in character unlike the others.

In TAS Harley was wearing latex. Just like Catwoman. However in TAS, latex looked good. In live action, it would be a mess.

Spiderman was NOT wearing latex and putting him on a movie is far easier. They just have to find a guy with enough muscle and put a suit on him. His build is not cartoonish unlike Harley's. She was designed not to look hot.in latex but you can't have someone like Margot Robie not look hot in latex

Harley in order to have her original design in live action needs to wear latex and have a cartoonish body shape like TAS version. Harlequin costume is way too cartoonish for such a movie. Basically, the whole TAS Harley is way too cartoonish for this.

My point is, that the costume was good and I explained why they can't give her a classic design. Having a good costume and being in character which is the most important thing, is enough for me to like this version unlike the other modern ones that are nothing like Harley.

We agree that TAS Harley is by far the best and I would love to see her in live action too. I just don't imagine it working for already explained reasons.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@wildvine: it's more.of a fact. Haequin is cartoonish and a white shirt is an everyday cloth.

She looked hot with limits. They tried to make her look like a sex appealing machine as the versions progressed. She wouldn't look like that if they didn't have her half naked and more...You know. Different in the right parts that most guys like.. However is SS she is not half naked. She just wears shorts.

Everything else, I explained above. I have to go now.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 wildvine  Moderator

@anthp2000:

In TAS Harley was wearing latex. Just like Catwoman. However in TAS, latex looked good. In live action, it would be a mess.

Citation needed. I never heard in the cartoon or the comics what her or Catwoman's costumes was made of. Pretty sure you are assuming here. If anything her costume is probably spandex. Because latex is shiny.

Spiderman was NOT wearing latex and putting him on a movie is far easier.

I never said Spider-Man wore latex actually. He wears spandex. What I said was he wore a skintight body suit like classic Harley.

She was designed not to look hot.in latex but you can't have someone like Margot Robie not look hot in latex

Umm. Pretty sure Harley was designed to be attractive. That's probably a typo. Yes. But again I think most people find Margo hot anyway. They would probably find her hot in a raincoat. So not sure what your point is there.

Harley in order to have her original design in live action needs to wear latex and have a cartoonish body shape like TAS version.

Again, tights are made of spandex. So it wouldn't need to be latex. In fact latex would be way too hot under stage lights. So I (kinda) agree with you there.

Harlequin costume is way too cartoonish for such a movie. Basically, the whole TAS Harley is way too cartoonish for this.

And I agreed that a full body suit might be too silly. Then I said this in the last post-- "...if a full body suit could not work then they could have used modern clothing with her original color scheme." Not sure why you keep going back to the body suit thing when I've conceded the point.

My point is, that the costume was good and I explained why they can't give her a classic design.

"Good" is an opinion, not a fact. And your explanation is that a cartoon looks like a cartoon. You have not explained why they could not give her more modern cloths with a classic color theme. Saying its cartoonish is not an argument. People wear red and black clothing in real life and no one ever calls them cartoonish. You probably own cloths that are red/black or some combination of both. Your argument boils down to all or nothing. It has to be just like the cartoon, or nothing like the cartoon. And since being EXACTLY like a cartoon is impossible they should not have made any attempts at adapting her look.

Here's my sum up;

They could have put some effort in to her look.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@anthp2000:

it's more.of a fact. Haequin is cartoonish and a white shirt is an everyday cloth.

Harlequin is not a color. Red and black are colors and they are often used in design combinations. That is a fact. You can see it in a simple Google search. Saying a combination of red and black is cartoonish an opinion, not a fact.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Harley's already been in ONE live action movie, and I'm already sick of her. I'd be totally fine if she was left out of Suicide Squad 2 and somebody else took her spot instead.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peterparkerjr: Too bad but a Harley team up movie has already be confirmed.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd change the costume up, not the classic costume but maybe something closer to Arkham Harl, with that said I think it should still be different to that too.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe go all out Jukrat jester/fool on that - I loved the black/blue-purple combo

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I never liked victim Harley or Deadpool Harley, but this film introduced a happy medium between the two.

@wildvine Over an hour of this...

No Caption Provided

would've looked awful. This costume is too campy for this universe. Her best looks that could actually work in live action are the Arkham and Injustice outfits.

She was easily the best part

El Diablo had the best character development. A shame they wasted it all when they blew him up.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 wildvine  Moderator

@dngn4774: Did you read all my replies? I said I would have settled for a more modern "realistic" look it had paid some homage to the original. So to quote myself for the fourth or fifth time in this thread;

#13Oh yes. The costume would just HAVE to be latex. There was just no other way. It's too bad we don't live in a world where T-shirts can be custom made. I mean, a red and black T-shirt with a harlequin motif? Impossible!! And why would we want her costume to have a harlequin theme anyway? I can't POSSIBLY IMAGINE. The only way to dress the character was in Hot Topic reject cloths. The logic is too much for my brain!!!!!

Most immediately relevant portion underlined for emphasis.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still haven't seen the film but I'm deeply disappointed that her Injustice 2 costume looks far better than whatever punk rock Hot Topic garbage she's wearing.