Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@stupid1 said:
@thetruebarryallen said:
@stupid1 said:

Did you even see the movie?

Don't need to stuff poo up my nose; to know it smells

Ah yes, why did I imagine I could have a legitimate conversation with another one of CV's many man-children?

Avatar image for deactivated-57b89658ba257
deactivated-57b89658ba257

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@stupid1 said:
@thetruebarryallen said:
@stupid1 said:

Ah yes, why did I imagine I could have a legitimate conversation with another one of CV's many man-children?

I'm sure we can have a conversation, in fact your comments seem fairly relevant in terms of turn out and what it was up against

However, there is absolutely nothing about this film that is remotely appealing and the publicity generated by criticism of fans before the film was released (scapegoating the imminent failure of a politically pandered mess as a sign of sexism) made me want it to fail

And I'm glad it is failing

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never even saw the original movies so definitely not lol and those trailers didn't help either

JKFallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol no, someone please give me one good reason why I should and I might reconsider.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I work at a movie theater and can see movies for free, so there's no reason for me not to.

Regardless, I would've seen it even if I had to pay. I think a lot of the outrage this movie has caused is pretty silly.

For real? That's awesome, do you also get the food free as well? Or a heavy discount?

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen said:

I work at a movie theater and can see movies for free, so there's no reason for me not to.

Regardless, I would've seen it even if I had to pay. I think a lot of the outrage this movie has caused is pretty silly.

For real? That's awesome, do you also get the food free as well? Or a heavy discount?

I do, I'm also allowed to bring 2 other people for free with me.

As far as concessions goes I'm allowed to get any 4 items (whatever I want) for half price, so I end up spending maybe 8 - 10 dollars for candy, a large popcorn and large soda. It's pretty great.

@stupid1 said:
@thetruebarryallen said:
@stupid1 said:
@thetruebarryallen said:
@stupid1 said:

I'm sure we can have a conversation, in fact your comments seem fairly relevant in terms of turn out and what it was up against

However, there is absolutely nothing about this film that is remotely appealing and the publicity generated by criticism of fans before the film was released (scapegoating the imminent failure of a politically pandered mess as a sign of sexism) made me want it to fail

And I'm glad it is failing

So you want the film to fail because of some fans? What about the movie is unappealing? Could you provide some specific examples for what the movie itself does/did that turns you away from it, just out of sheer curiosity?

Otherwise, the comments about the fans making you dislike the film and wanting it to fail seems a tad petty.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

As someone who thought the trailer were okay, probably not.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for deactivated-5790531b876c9
deactivated-5790531b876c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never watched the originals and I don't plan to watch this one either.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: vagina farts, totally something i want to explain to my son lol

I mean, they don't explicitly say 'Vaginia Farts', the joke would probably go over your son's head unless he's keen and learned it somewhere else, haha.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So you want the film to fail because of some fans? What about the movie is unappealing? Could you provide some specific examples for what the movie itself does/did that turns you away from it, just out of sheer curiosity?

Otherwise, the comments about the fans making you dislike the film and wanting it to fail seems a tad petty.

Apologies if I wasn't clear

It's not the fans that have made me want this to fail

It's the criticism by the studio and people involved with the film, of the fans

Basically I'm a racist, homophobic, sexist, xenophobe multi bigot if I don't want to see this - according to Feig

But in seriousness, I cannot stand political pandering and this film is basically the product of sjw convergence at all levels - and when that happens, kind of like Marvel comics at the minute, then all creativity goes out of the window and then we are left with gender or palette swaps of characters, to tick boxes and make sure every group has their representation

Basically, this film is riding on popularity of cult franchise, yet they seem to be saying look how funny and creative we are

Now, the opinion of one idiot (myself) isn't that relevant - however I would humbly suggest that it is an opinion shared by many; and now a $144m (+advertising etc) film is going down the toilet

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid1 said:
@thetruebarryallen said:

Apologies if I wasn't clear

It's not the fans that have made me want this to fail

It's the criticism by the studio and people involved with the film, of the fans

Basically I'm a racist, homophobic, sexist, xenophobe multi bigot if I don't want to see this - according to Feig

But in seriousness, I cannot stand political pandering and this film is basically the product of sjw convergence at all levels - and when that happens, kind of like Marvel comics at the minute, then all creativity goes out of the window and then we are left with gender or palette swaps of characters, to tick boxes and make sure every group has their representation

Basically, this film is riding on popularity of cult franchise, yet they seem to be saying look how funny and creative we are

Now, the opinion of one idiot (myself) isn't that relevant - however I would humbly suggest that it is an opinion shared by many; and now a $144m (+advertising etc) film is going down the toilet

I wouldn't say you're all those terms according to Feig, but I'd say that some of the reactions to this film by some immature movie-gooers could be categorized as such. The fact that some people are so veehmently against the film to try and make it fail just because it's "ruined their childhood" is a bit sad, especially since many of them are judging without seeing the film.

This film is like any other film that has a franchise -- I'm honestly shocked that fans of the franchise are upset by the addition of new content. Myself being a fan of Starwars was incredibly excited when the franchise was renewed with additional films. They actually did build off of the original films a bit, not to the point of being entirely new/revolutionary, but added enough to make this film feel like a unique experience as opposed to a rehashed, shot-by-shot cash grab.

I personally just feel that Ghostbuster's is getting an unnecessary amount of hate and there are a good number of individuals who've been hating on really really mundane or stupid things.

Turncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's radiating SJW propaganda. The movie at it's core isn't. It's just all the bs they keep tying to it. With how much it's guilt tripping you to see it, I'd say no.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen said:

I wouldn't say you're all those terms according to Feig, but I'd say that some of the reactions to this film by some immature movie-gooers could be categorized as such. The fact that some people are so veehmently against the film to try and make it fail just because it's "ruined their childhood" is a bit sad, especially since many of them are judging without seeing the film.

This film is like any other film that has a franchise -- I'm honestly shocked that fans of the franchise are upset by the addition of new content. Myself being a fan of Starwars was incredibly excited when the franchise was renewed with additional films. They actually did build off of the original films a bit, not to the point of being entirely new/revolutionary, but added enough to make this film feel like a unique experience as opposed to a rehashed, shot-by-shot cash grab.

I personally just feel that Ghostbuster's is getting an unnecessary amount of hate and there are a good number of individuals who've been hating on really really mundane or stupid things.

Never understood the 'ruined my childhood' rubbish

I wasn't too impressed with the Star wars reboot either, visually impressive, but Ridleys acting was atrocious, every scene she was in threw me out of the movie, which is bad when she's in most of them - I kept thinking how bad the Pirates of the Caribbean would have been if Keira Knightly were the star.

I'm not sure whether the hate towards Ghostbusters is unnecessary - I think most people are fed up with the lack of originality and the constant remakes that Hollywood is churning out at the minute and I think that reflects in the movie going public. For example, Gone with the wind, is regarded as one of the greatest and financially lucrative (after inflation) films of all time (I've only watched a bit myself - melodramatic drivel) yet it is estimated that that film sold almost over 100,000,000 more tickets than the force awakens, and, correct me if I'm wrong, the vast majority of that; would have been from domestic viewing at that time. Nowadays films have to rely on the world market for their box office returns to offset the heavy production costs & marketing

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid1 said:
@thetruebarryallen said:

Never understood the 'ruined my childhood' rubbish

I wasn't too impressed with the Star wars reboot either, visually impressive, but Ridleys acting was atrocious, every scene she was in threw me out of the movie, which is bad when she's in most of them - I kept thinking how bad the Pirates of the Caribbean would have been if Keira Knightly were the star.

I'm not sure whether the hate towards Ghostbusters is unnecessary - I think most people are fed up with the lack of originality and the constant remakes that Hollywood is churning out at the minute and I think that reflects in the movie going public. For example, Gone with the wind, is regarded as one of the greatest and financially lucrative (after inflation) films of all time (I've only watched a bit myself - melodramatic drivel) yet it is estimated that that film sold almost over 100,000,000 more tickets than the force awakens, and, correct me if I'm wrong, the vast majority of that; would have been from domestic viewing at that time. Nowadays films have to rely on the world market for their box office returns to offset the heavy production costs & marketing

I thought Ridley did a fine job -- but that's an argument for a different day.

In regards towards the Ghostbuster's hate - I'm going to have to disagree. If the majority of the hate was focused towards Hollywood for creating another "reboot" film then sure, I'd understand, but that's not the case. The majority of the hate has been sent towards the cast, the tone of the film, the humor within the movie, etc., not just people simply complaining of another "franchise" film.

The fact that it's the most disliked movie trailer on Youtube and the cancerous comments it contains shows that, the campaign AGAINST this film and not against other old franchise renewals (Independence Day: Resurgence or the new Indiana Jones film that was announced for example) is showing that it isn't just a campaign against reboots. If it were a complaint about Hollywood running out of ideas then there are tons of other films that should be getting harpooned just as badly as this one.

There's much more to the Ghostbuster's hate than people simply disliking reboot's of franchises.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In regards towards the Ghostbuster's hate - I'm going to have to disagree. If the majority of the hate was focused towards Hollywood for creating another "reboot" film then sure, I'd understand, but that's not the case. The majority of the hate has been sent towards the cast, the tone of the film, the humor within the movie, etc., not just people simply complaining of another "franchise" film.

The fact that it's the most disliked movie trailer on Youtube and the cancerous comments it contains shows that, the campaign AGAINST this film and not against other old franchise renewals (Independence Day: Resurgence or the new Indiana Jones film that was announced for example) is showing that it isn't just a campaign against reboots. If it were a complaint about Hollywood running out of ideas then there are tons of other films that should be getting harpooned just as badly as this one.

There's much more to the Ghostbuster's hate than people simply disliking reboot's of franchises.

I don't doubt that for a second

I think what we have here is a combination of things - the reboot issue, the political pandering and the comments from the sony execs

I don't mind ID:R or the Indy films being done as they are sequels - The last Indy film was awful & the reviews of the ID:R don't sound too promising (will wait for dvd)

Now, I'm not going to deny, I can't stand this film (Ghostbusters) for all of the above - along with the fact; that it actually looked like garbage too

I agree that there should be other films harpooned as well for being mostly crap. I don't mind dumb films like the Fast and furious franchise or even Transformers if they are made well, as long as they are outliers and not the norm. Like I said studios are thinking about gross profit (obviously, because they are a business) but that means films, that translate for the world market, unfortunately though that also means good films like Ex-machina barely make a dent