For those of you who have lived in multiple US states, which was your most & least favorite?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a937e573d769
deactivated-5a937e573d769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No need to give reasons why unless you want to.

I've lived in:

• Washington
  • Southern California
  • Arizona
  • Nevada
  • Utah
  • New Mexico
  • Texas
  • Oklahoma
  • Kansas
  • Nebraska
  • North Dakota
  • South Dakota
  • Iowa
  • Arkansas
  • Missouri
  • & currently live in Minnesota

I have a love/hate relationship with the south west. I'm conflicted on that front.

But I must say Nebraska & Iowa freakin' rule.

By far the worst place I've ever lived was Arkansas.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been to many states. I don't know if that counts

Love/Hate realationship with Florida

Hated Mississippi

Loved California and Washington

LpnQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hate new york.

New jersey is fine

Florida is too f***ing hot!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best were North Carolina and northern Oregon.

I am from and currently live in NJ. It's the worst. Everything is ridiculously expensive and it is the most densely populated state. Has an extremely high immigrant population as well. Everywhere I go around here feels like.....

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

screw virginia

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I've lived in California, Texas, Washington, and Georgia, in that order, but since I was too young to remember California and Texas (I left those states at 1 and 3, respectively) I'll just focus on Washington and Georgia.

Between those two, I definitely prefer Georgia. Weather's nicer, people are more hospitable (Southern hospitality is very real), and the beach water is warmer. Seriously, I don't think I ever saw in warm beach water until I moved to Georgia. The only things I miss about Washington are seafood (Georgia seafood sucks by comparison) and snow, which I only got to see two or three days a year in Washington anyway, so not a huge miss.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lpnq said:

Hate new york.

New jersey is fine

Too hot or too humid? After living in Texas for eight years then living in the high desert pine forest in New Mexico for four, going back to Texas was awful, I don't know how the hell I managed for eight years, I remember being 10 coming from Des Moines Iowa to Dallas Texas & getting off the air conditioned bus for the first time, I though I was going to suffocate.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lpnq said:

Hate new york.

New jersey is fine

If you think Florida is too hot you have never been to Missouri in august. At least Florida has beaches

SirDrProfessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SirDrProfessor

@killerforhire said:

I have a love/hate relationship with the south west. I'm conflicted on that front.

But I must say Nebraska& Iowa freakin' rule.

By far the worst place I've ever lived was Arkansas.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Woah that is a lot of states man.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By dshipp17

I was born in Lincoln Park, Michigan and lived in Detroit, Michigan, until I was 13. I moved to Alabama and graduated high school there. While in my junior year in high school, I took Analytical Chemistry at Tuskegee University towards my college credits (e.g. I was on my way to making a high B or an A, but got caught cheating on my test, so I got a C; couldn't resist and wanted an A, but, I would have passed the test anyway). I took AP biology in my senior year of high school. I took college literature and history at Troy St. University in Montgomery, the summer of high school graduation. I attended college in Lakeland, Florida. I did a summer internship in Fayetteville, Arkansas, during my junior year of college, publishing a research paper in Organic Chemistry. I attended college in St. Louis, Missouri at Washington University. I did another Summar internship at Argonne National Laboratory, near Chicago, Illinois, again publishing a research paper in energy research. I worked for the Food and Drug Administration in Bothell, Washington, as a chemist. I spent time in Oakland, CA, Kansas, Palm Springs, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Pennsylvanian, Huntsville, AL at NASA, and Maryland.

I had the most enjoyable time of my life in and around Lakeland, FL. Fayetteville, AR was also a very pleasant experience. However, Bothell, WA (and Washington) represents both the best place I have ever lived and worse place I have ever lived, as that was the place where I was fully and completely a free adult, starting my life out on my own.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

I was born in Lincoln Park, Michigan and lived in Detroit, Michigan, until I was 13. I moved to Alabama and graduated high school there. While in my junior year in high school, I took Analytical Chemistry at Tuskegee University towards my college credits (e.g. I was on my way to making a high B or an A, but got caught cheating on my test, so I got a C; couldn't resist and wanted an A, but, I would have passed the test anyway). I took AP biology in my senior year of high school. I took college literature and history at Troy St. University in Montgomery, the summer of high school graduation. I attended college in Lakeland, Florida. I did a summer internship in Fayetteville, Arkansas, during my junior year of college, publishing a research paper in Organic Chemistry. I attended college in St. Louis, Missouri at Washington University. I did another Summar internship at Argonne National Laboratory, near Chicago, Illinois, again publishing a research paper in energy research. I worked for the Food and Drug Administration in Bothell, Washington, as a chemist. I spent time in Oakland, CA, Kansas, Palm Springs, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Pennsylvanian, Huntsville, AL at NASA, and Maryland.

I had the most enjoyable time of my life in and around Lakeland, FL. Fayetteville, AR was also a very pleasant experience. However, Bothell, WA (and Washington) represents both the best place I have ever lived and worse place I have ever lived, as that was the place where I was fully and completely a free adult, starting my life out on my own.

Man I was in Bella Vista & holy hell that is not the place to be for a guy like me.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

Man I was in Bella Vista & holy hell that is not the place to be for a guy like me.

Do you mean Bella Vista Arkansas?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

Yeah. The cops there are awful.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've lived in Florida, Oklahoma, and Texas.

Hated Florida

Adore Texas (mostly)

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dshipp17

@killerforhire said:
@dshipp17 said:

Sorry to hear that; but, I try to live in such a way that I'd mostly never have to encounter the cops, but, it's nearly impossible to not be passed by a police car or pass by a police car. When I was in Arkansas, I was mostly on campus and left only a few times to go to the bank or shopping.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:
@killerforhire said:
@dshipp17 said:

Sorry to hear that; but, I try to live in such a way that I'd mostly never have to encounter the cops, but, it's nearly impossible to not be passed by a police car or pass by a police car. When I was in Arkansas, I was mostly on campus and left only a few times to go to the bank or shopping.

I never did anything, I was once sitting in my own car port just minding my own business when a cop stopped at the end of my driveway asking questions, I told him I lived there but I still wound up in handcuffs for no reason until my roommates woke up & came outside & that's just one of countless similar incidents, I couldn't even walk down the block without being illegally detained & questioned for an hour.

I know I look like an axe murdering drifter but still.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to move back to Truth or Consequences NM but southern New Mexico is basically a big ass volcano like Yellowstone.

& there's too many spirits around there.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By uugieboogie

The best states are Alaska, Colorado, Oregon, Washington and California...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best states are Alaska, Colorado, Oregon, Washington and California...

I gotta get to Alaska someday.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dshipp17

@killerforhire said:
@dshipp17 said:
@killerforhire said:
@dshipp17 said:

I never did anything, I was once sitting in my own car port just minding my own business when a cop stopped at the end of my driveway asking questions, I told him I lived there but I still wound up in handcuffs for no reason until my roommates woke up & came outside & that's just one of countless similar incidents, I couldn't even walk down the block without being illegally detained & questioned for an hour.

I know I look like an axe murdering drifter but still.

"I know I look like an axe murdering drifter but still."

So, are you saying that you dress in a certain way where most people could perceive you as a threat? But, sorry to hear about your experience; fortunately, I haven't had a cop just decide to stop me or pull me over, but, I have been lied on and had to go through a booking once and than involuntary mental confinement once, about 2 years and 4 months ago; but, in those situations, I just complied and clear everything up over time downtown; but, on the second occasion, when I was being placed in cuffs, the guy squeezed the cuffs on excessive tight for no reason, and proceeded to claim that I was moving and had big wrist, as an excuse, but, I was threatening to sue, after words (e.g. and the guy was literally pulling me of from my computer, while I was just to myself and minding my own business; and I wasn't being accused of any crime; so, he clearly was trying to create a situation); but, cooperation and strict compliance is the key to making it out in one piece.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

So, are you saying that you dress in a certain way where most people could perceive you as a threat?

I'm a 6'7 hunchback with long unkempt hair, a 10 inch scraggly beard, dressed like a lumberjack with a permanent scowl on my face & walking with a limp.

So yeah people look at me like I'm The Ripper from The Last Action Hero.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lived in in CA, TX, IL, and FL. California is the best state I've lived in. Austin is great, but the rest of TX not that much. Florida is too hot and humid. Chicago is a good city, but also gets either too hot/humid or too cold.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Yassassin

IL will always have my heart, **** Florida.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dshipp17

@killerforhire said:
@dshipp17 said:

So, are you saying that you dress in a certain way where most people could perceive you as a threat?

I'm a 6'7 hunchback with long unkempt hair, a 10 inch scraggly beard, dressed like a lumberjack with a permanent scowl on my face & walking with a limp.

So yeah people look at me like I'm The Ripper from The Last Action Hero.

Well, do you want to have long unkempt hair and a 10 inch scraggly beard for some reason? I think that might have something to do with people's reaction to you, but, from my experiences, it's not very unusual either; I'd say just groom yourself and shave, but, I don't know, perhaps you have some type of sentimental reasoning? Of course, you could change the way that you dress. But, still, I get what you're saying, I don't know why the cops would have stopped you on a suspicion; if you ask me, you're kind of describing the image of someone from WWE or something, which means, it's surprising that you weren't treated like a celebrity or something; or, also, you're describing something like homeless people I've seen and interacted with (e.g. so, with this view, it actually sounds understandable that the cops may have checked on you). Perhaps you're just using a hippy look or something? And, you're a student, so, perhaps appear more like a student?

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love/Hate Florida

Love Massachusetts

Hate Connecticut

Hate Texas