Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

vs

Round 1. Only Boxing (Bruce gets a month to practice boxing)

Round 2. Anything goes

Round 3. Both get a bo staff

BONUS ROUND

MANNY PACQUIAO VS FLOYD GAYWEATHER

jnw93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By jnw93

Round 2. Anything goes - bruce wins easy, Floyd cant block kicks.

Round 3. Both get a bo staff - Bruce wins again, i don't think Floyd has shown he has skills with a bow staff.

Round 1 - Floyd, he has too much weight on Bruce for him to do much damage B4 Floyd does damage to him.

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnw93: what about bonus round?

And Actually Bruce weighed more

XMen1963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By XMen1963

Bruce stomps all rounds,

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AweSam

@jnw93 said:

Round 3. Both get a bo staff - Bruce wins again, i don't think Floyd has shown he has skills with a bow staff.

Round 1 - Floyd, he has too much weight on Bruce for him to do much damage B4 Floyd does damage to him.

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kinasin_

Bruce.

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a BONUS ROUND everyone lol

stingray77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By stingray77

Bruce stomps Mayweather.

Manny could have problems with Floyd. Not saying he can't win, but after Manny against Bradley, the speed punches no longer seem to be there.

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stingray77: He totally won that fight against Bradley and he did seem off his game but he still dominated. Floyd is to busy hiding in jail to fight Manny

jnw93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By jnw93

@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

There is a BONUS ROUND everyone lol

Floyd wont win the bonus round, unless its fixed like the last fight Pac was in.............

TheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheSurfer

Boxing was not a new thing to Bruce Lee -- he adapted/incorporated boxing techniques into Jeet Kune Do.

I'll take Bruce for all three rounds, size isn't everything.

**Post count edit since I hit my limit -- @VercingetorixTheGreat: How big is Floyd? Shows how much I know about boxing, I just assumed he was bigger=) Wasn't Bruce about 5'6" or so at 145 lbs?**

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nelomaxwell
@VercingetorixTheGreat: Floyd wins the bonus round he's a better boxer. Once he gets hit you never touch him again.
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheSurfer: lol Bruce is bigger then Floyd

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nelomaxwell: No he isn't his defense might be better then Manny but his punches don't Pack enough damage to really hurt Manny.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Bruce stomps.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nelomaxwell
@VercingetorixTheGreat:  How do you know? They had a fight and I didn't hear about it? Boxing is not about brute force. It's about out boxing. Floyd's style is made to fight ppl like Manny. He can out box him easy.
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheSurfer: Floyd is 146 pounds Bruce is like 157 pounds floyd is an inch taller though

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nelomaxwell: then why does he keep hiding from Manny?

Road_Rash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Road_Rash

Bruce Lee would kill Floyd Mayweathers and Mike Tyson both at the same time... Bruce Lee was a Kung Fu God... No Boxer would stand a chance against him.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Nelomaxwell
@VercingetorixTheGreat: Who said he's hiding. He wants more money. This will be the biggest fight in forever and both of them should get paid top dollar. Why was manny ducking from the drug test?
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nelomaxwell: Manny agreed to take it I remember. I don't know how anyone can like Floyd.

1. he is a racist

2. assaults women

3. uses cheap shots

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nelomaxwell
@VercingetorixTheGreat: I don't know him personally I just know he's a better boxer and fights smarter. I like that the point of Boxing is to not take punches to the face. Poor Muhammad Ali showed us that.
Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bruce wins, effortless curbstomp

Avatar image for knightofcydonia
Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Noctis

Bruce Lee lays him to waste.

stingray77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By stingray77

Manny won over Bradley but he couldn't knock him out. Also, Bradley injured both feet. What if there was no injury? Maybe he could have taken more than the last three rounds. But Manny won that fight no question.

Manny can only beat Floyd by wobbling / knocking him down or out. I cant see the judges giving Manny a points win. Anyway I doubt the fight will ever happen. November is the rematch with Bradley. By next year, Mayweather will be 36 and Manny 34. Time's running out.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lady_liberty

Round One: Floyd Mayweather wins this. His boxing skills are amazing, his combat smarts incredible, and his ring experience is far greater then Bruce's. Boxing with Mayweather unless you are a top contender is a fools errand.

Round Two: Bruce should be smart enough to take Mayweather to the ground and go for a submission. The addition of kicking will not save you from a boxer of Mayweathers skills in a stand up fight. Go the ground, get the submission.

Round Three: Both get a stick? Okay as far as I know Bruce never showed any real combat ability with a staff. I give this one to Mayweather because of his greater fight experience. His reflexes will be much faster, and he will be calmer and able to think better on his feat. There is a chance, however, that Bruce gets smart and takes this fight to the ground. If so, he can win.

Bonus Round: I don't know of anyone named 'Gayweather'. And I think you should chill with that kind of insult.

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lady_Liberty: Bruce does have experience with a staff.

And I am a Manny Pacquiao fan calm down/

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By FourthDeity

This is a joke. Anyone saying Mayweather has a chance knows nothing about what Bruce is really capable of. He already boxes and does various other straight Hand to Hand styles he would beat Floyd to a pulp.And by hand to hand I literary mean no kicks or take downs.Just because Floyd is a pro boxer that doesn't mean he can take Bruce.Especially with how much faster and smarter he is.

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FourthDeity: Thats what I like to hear :)

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

Bruce Lee, beating Mayweather in boxing??? hahahahahhaaha!!! Oh man, The Vine never changes.

Urbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Urbs

@Nelomaxwell said:

How do you know? They had a fight and I didn't hear about it? Boxing is not about brute force. It's about out boxing. Floyd's style is made to fight ppl like Manny. He can out box him easy.

I hate out-boxing, screw the risk involved with in boxing, it's funner to watch and more entertaining. People are starting to say boxing is going slightly down hill. Plus, a boxer knows the risk of boxing, it's fighting for a living, they should be willing to make it close and personal. If no one would get hurt (permanently), i would be cool with that, but when you fight professionally for a decent sized chunk of your lifetime, you're gonna get hurt sometimes.... just my opinion, 1 love.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FourthDeity

@VercingetorixTheGreat: I know my Bruce Lee :) That man inspires me.It's kinda sad people don't realize that if bruce can kick faster than martial artists can react what chance does he have against one of Bruce's backhands?

I'm wanting someone to engage in this debate wit hme I don't see how Mayweather has a chance in any of these rounds.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lady_liberty

@VercingetorixTheGreat: I didn't say experience. I said real combat ability.

Mayweather is a serious fighter. He didn't get famous by making movies, he did so by beating some of the best fighters in the world. Bruce never got nearly as many fights as Mayweather, and never had to face the level of skill Mayweather did.

Knowing how to swing that stick around, and knowing how to fight with it are not the same thing. As an example, knowing how to throw boxing punches at a bag, is part of being able to fight in the ring, but being in the ring requires a lot more skills then just punching.

If Bruce shows up and 'stick swinging skill' is all he has in his toolbox, he will be outclassed my Mayweather's wealth of other abilities at a very high level.

And I'm a Manny Pacquiao fan too, that doesn't make it okay to throw insults at Mayweather. I know your probably pissed that Manny just got robbed, so are a lot of us, but still. He stayed cool about it, and was a perfect gentlemen, part of why I'm a fan. We can at least try to be so calm ;-)

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Nelomaxwell
@Lady_Liberty: I'm following you because you expose bias in threads thank you.
lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By lady_liberty

@Nelomaxwell: Well thank you for following :-)

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Nelomaxwell
@Lady_Liberty: Thanks for being intelligent and unbias.
Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lady_Liberty said:

Round One: Floyd Mayweather wins this. His boxing skills are amazing, his combat smarts incredible, and his ring experience is far greater then Bruce's. Boxing with Mayweather unless you are a top contender is a fools errand.

Round Two: Bruce should be smart enough to take Mayweather to the ground and go for a submission. The addition of kicking will not save you from a boxer of Mayweathers skills in a stand up fight. Go the ground, get the submission.

Round Three: Both get a stick? Okay as far as I know Bruce never showed any real combat ability with a staff. I give this one to Mayweather because of his greater fight experience. His reflexes will be much faster, and he will be calmer and able to think better on his feat. There is a chance, however, that Bruce gets smart and takes this fight to the ground. If so, he can win.

Bonus Round: I don't know of anyone named 'Gayweather'. And I think you should chill with that kind of insult.

5 stars

Reptilicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Reptilicus

@Lady_Liberty said:

I agree Bruce loses the boxing match. Rules and ring fighting wasn't his thing. But since what does Mayweather has better reflexes than Lee? Perhaps I missed something?

Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lady_Liberty said:

Mayweather is a serious fighter. He didn't get famous by making movies, he did so by beating some of the best fighters in the world. Bruce never got nearly as many fights as Mayweather, and never had to face the level of skill Mayweather did.

Knowing how to swing that stick around, and knowing how to fight with it are not the same thing. As an example, knowing how to throw boxing punches at a bag, is part of being able to fight in the ring, but being in the ring requires a lot more skills then just punching.

If Bruce shows up and 'stick swinging skill' is all he has in his toolbox, he will be outclassed my Mayweather's wealth of other abilities at a very high level.

And I'm a Manny Pacquiao fan too, that doesn't make it okay to throw insults at Mayweather. I know your probably pissed that Manny just got robbed, so are a lot of us, but still. He stayed cool about it, and was a perfect gentlemen, part of why I'm a fan. We can at least try to be so calm ;-)

actually kicking will beat any boxer since they are only trained to block punches not kicks... thats why if a boxer was to go into ufc, or kick boxing he would get his head kicked off his shoulders, and lee is much, much, much, more faster in all ways

and lee outclasses mayweather in all ways, at a very high level

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By FourthDeity

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

@Lady_Liberty said:

actually kicking will beat any boxer since they are only trained to block punches not kicks... thats why if a boxer was to go into ufc, he would get his head kicked off his shoulders, and lee is faster

and lee outclasses mayweather in all ways, at a very high level

This. It's something Floyd wouldn't be exposed to. A prime example would be what happened to Kimbo when he went into the UFC. Bruce would absolutely DECIMATE Floyd.Bruce outclasses him in pretty much every aspect and I can prove it.Just swinging? Are you being serious right now?

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By lady_liberty

@Reptilicus: Bruce never had the chance to develop the kind of combat reflexes Mayweather has, because he never fought as many times, and certainly never fought the caliber of opponent Mayweather has. Now I do agree that Bruce had quick hands and feet, but that is a very different thing then proper fight reflexes.

@Almighty_Darkseid: Accutally kicking is a sub-optimal strategy at best. It takes far more work to be as skilled with your feet, and it requires you give up half your base. In addition you must fully commit yourself to a kick in a way that you don't have to with a punch. A kick has the advantage of reach, and power.

The reason boxers often struggle so badly in the UFC is because they do not have the decades of ground fighting training, and experience that a UFC fighter is likely to have. So when the fight goes to the ground, few of the boxers skills come into play. This places them at a large skill disadvantage, and they subsequently lose.

@FourthDeity: You can prove Bruce has better skills at a high level? Alright, prove it.

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lady_Liberty: ??? Bruce is insanely strong even in round 1 Bruce if he lands one punch would stagger if not knock Floyd out.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By sandiego008

bruce beats mayweather ... ridiculous but it is obvious you want bonus round action so ... here it is.

top of game manny beats mayweather, easy IMO ... but I doubt we will ever see a top of game Manny again (yes he won against brady) ... but manny has his hand in to many things, which is the only way brady was standing after the fight. Manny is big into the politics of his country (3rd world country... aka poor as crap) and is trying to make it better ... thus is concentration (IMO won't be fully on boxing).

Even so ... manny has a solid chance against mayweather but I doubt he will win with as much as he is taking on.

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandiego008: hey my cousins are from the Philippines don't insult it. The Philippines got screwed over by the dictator they had a few years back. They have been a great ally to the US and are our friends. (My cousin is a basketball star over there).

Your right though he is doing a TON for his country with donations and politics. Something I wish Floyd would do since he has plenty of money. Manny really is a true patriot for his country..... not some ghetto punk

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jayfournines

@AweSam said:

@jnw93 said:

I go with this one

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By lady_liberty

@VercingetorixTheGreat: I doubt very highly that Mayweather would be seriously hurt by one punch from Bruce, much less knocked out.

The fact is that there is no record Bruce ever fought someone of Mayweather's skills, or abilities.

Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lady_Liberty said:

@Reptilicus: Bruce never had the chance to develop the kind of combat reflexes Mayweather has, because he never fought as many times, and certainly never fought the caliber of opponent Mayweather has. Now I do agree that Bruce had quick hands and feet, but that is a very different thing then proper fight reflexes.

@Almighty_Darkseid: Accutally kicking is a sub-optimal strategy at best. It takes far more work to be as skilled with your feet, and it requires you give up half your base. In addition you must fully commit yourself to a kick in a way that you don't have to with a punch. A kick has the advantage of reach, and power.

The reason boxers often struggle so badly in the UFC is because they do not have the decades of ground fighting training, and experience that a UFC fighter is likely to have. So when the fight goes to the ground, few of the boxers skills come into play. This places them at a large skill disadvantage, and they subsequently lose.

@FourthDeity: You can prove Bruce has better skills at a high level? Alright, prove it.

no kicking can be anything from a ko hit, to a fake luring hit, which makes the opponent think ur going for a kick, when ur actually not, so when the opponent tries to block the fake kick, bruce can jab him, or kick him with his other leg

and bruce is very skilled with his legs...

it dont require much bruce can just use fast kicks to the opponents knees then just circle around him, and just keep on doing it, till the opponent slips up from trying to swing back, bruce just steps back to dodge, then wham a roundhouse kick to the back of the head ko

boxers wouldnt do good in kick boxing either

Chibcha1810

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Chibcha1810

I give it to Bruce, all three, easily.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By FourthDeity

@Lady_Liberty: Bruce doesn't need to fight time after time like Mayweather. Anyone can see his training is what makes him so good at what he does. His reflexes are good enough to take on multiple people and walk out without getting hit a single time,Good enough for him to win every reflex sparring match he got into.

No.Boxers struggle because they are now open to new possibility's they can't deal with.If you've been trained to swing with your hands all your life and then suddenly someone that's adaptable as Bruce lee is dropped in front of you,a man that does all that and more how do you cope?You can't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHzUTIgtBKY skip to 2:20 to see his staff skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcf-z8pUEAQ&feature=fvwrel strength and speed feats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqrivEdB8K4&feature=related Skip to 2:20 and let it speak for itself.

Its also a fact bruce's fight on camera were slowed down because his movements were too quick to be caught on camera. Floyd is a beast just no where near the grandfather of martial arts.

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lady_Liberty: he sparred with Chuck Norris, beat 3 time british boxing champ Gary Elms, Wong Jack Man.

Lee's reaction time is also better as it is five hundredths of a second from 3 feet away. Lee was so fast he could snatch a dime off a persons hand and put a penny there before they could react. He could do 50 1 arm chin ups. Bruce Lee is probably the greatest fighter in human history, if he was bullet proof Lee could be a superhero.