User Lists: 0

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'm honestly sold, this is what i've been dreaming about. Honestly i wanted it to be action based instead of turn based.

Ir1t-4t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ir1t-4t

I hope it's not quite as Kingdom Heartsy in gameplay as it seems. (I watched this prior to this thread, that's how I replied so fast)

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ir1t-4t: i think square is making the gameplay similar to ffxv. though, some people pointed out that there appears to be an attack gauge on the bottom right of the screen. so i guess we just want and see.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm honestly sold, this is what i've been dreaming about. Honestly i wanted it to be action based instead of turn based.

I can finally die in peace.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

*dies*

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@midnightdragon18: You don't understand, as soon as E3 released the spoiler I jumped like 10 feet in the air lol.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

[Looks to see no turn based gameplay]

Yeah Im not feeling this

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#9 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

^ this

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never played a Final Fantasy game. But this looks good.

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog: turn based is a thing of the past, it wouldn't work well with these graphics.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog: turn based is a thing of the past, it wouldn't work well with these graphics.

Turning it to action based rpg, means less characters to control, less variety dungeon design and just dumbed down battles.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

SOLD!!!!

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Since when is Blade in this game?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can control Barrett, which is implied in the video. If Barrett can be controlled, so can everyone else.

I disagree. A turn-based RPG would work fine with those graphics. The problem is that a turn-based RPG wouldn't resonate with the current generation of RPG fans, since most RPGs are action-based these days.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Marshall_Long

I'm sold. I prefer real-time more than turn-based, as Kingdom Hearts is my favorite RPG of all-time, so yeah definitely looking out for this.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I just question the mechanics of managing a party in real time.

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK now I mad. This was one of the games promised to us when they made ps3 now it's only on ps4. This blows. But the game did look absolutely fantastic.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

I won't believe this game is coming out until it actually does. Square already showed a ps3 remake trailer 10 years and that never came out

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This looks like it plays like DMC

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#21 SC  Moderator

For the last two comments - was it actually ever promised to us ten years ago on PS3? Wasn't it just a tech demo thing to get people hype and excited for PS3 capabilities and tugging on nostalgia? I also remember Square/Sony people emphasizing it was only a tech demo because an actual remake would could like… infinite money and be impossible, well not that empathic on the no, but yeah. Also, thankfully that didn't turn out to be the case in the end anyway.

As far as game combat, eh honestly I would have been happy either way. Only if they used FF8's junction system would I have been put off… I would have been excited for a new updated turn based thing, ATB or FFXV style combat, I am going to enjoy it either way. One thing though, as a fan of summons, I do think the current Battle system they seem to be going for aka closer to FFXV, will make the summons in the game especially epic… I mean, compare Ramuh from FF7 to FFXV. So one advantage.

Really though its… just yeah, am looking forward to this game. You know that sentiment, live each day as if its your last? Hell no, I am living each day as if I am some crazy survivalist who needs to make sure they live long enough to experience this remake.

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: lol i was thinking the same thing. i have to be extra careful for the next few years so i can live to play this, ffxv, and kingdom hearts 3.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#23 SC  Moderator

@midnightdragon18: Exactly, thats how you know how big and crazy a game is going to be, when it gives you incentive to be extra cautious in real life. Square has some pretty epic games coming up, can't wait to see how the rest of the FF7 remake designs will be.

OverLordArthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crisis Core Game Mechanics?

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By midnightdragon18
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Static Shock

Square-Enix has announced that the game would be release in multiple parts. A lot of people are upset about that.

EDIT: This doesn't sway me. I'm still hype for this.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I won't believe this game is coming out until it actually does. Square already showed a ps3 remake trailer 10 years and that never came out

That PS3 remake trailer was tech demo and it didn't have gameplay. Big difference. Square-Enix didn't even announce a remake at the time they released that trailer.

OverLordArthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overlordarthas: it looks like ffxv's gameplay

Oh Ok.

Square-Enix has announced that the game would be release in multiple parts. A lot of people are upset about that.

EDIT: This doesn't sway me. I'm still hype for this.

What? That is milking at its finest.

Losing faith on you again Square.

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Static Shock
Ir1t-4t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ir1t-4t: Same here. Gameplay already sold me on it.

OverLordArthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock:

Expansions are one thing, but Segmenting a story already told is another.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Static Shock

@overlordarthas: The problem with these "expansions" is that they charge too much money for very little content. Witcher 3 is one of very few games that got it right, charging a reasonable amount of money for 30 hours worth of content (that's literally a full game for less than half the amount of a full game). That's actually worth buying.

But, people shell out the money for all other DLC, anyway, and a lot of it is overpriced trash. Either that, or it's already on the disc that people paid $60 for. They then release a GOTY edition about 8 months to a year later with the full game and all of the DLC on disc. But, people defend buying DLC day one even though they know this... Smh.

Besides that, I don't think a full Final Fantasy VII remake with today's graphics and such (and it's reported gameplay system) will fit on one disc. Either way, I'm going to pay for it, regardless... There's also loads of Final Fantasy VII content outside of the original game that they could also incorporate into the remake (Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core, Last Order, Before Crisis, etc). I think people are overreacting in response to this news.

OverLordArthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock:

Then why not release 2 or 3 disc compilation, rather than waiting for months for another installment.

Imagine you finally out in Midgar, finally on the world map, then you see "TO BE CONTINUED".

........and do not tell me there is no WORLD MAP!

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock:

Then why not release 2 or 3 disc compilation, rather than waiting for months for another installment.

Imagine you finally out in Midgar, finally on the world map, then you see "TO BE CONTINUED".

........and do not tell me there is no WORLD MAP!

Why wouldn't there be a world map? O_o

They could release it as 2 or 3-disc deal. Either way, it doesn't matter to me.

OverLordArthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock:

FFX - FFXIII....ahem.

They might stream line it to cut cost.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FFX - FFXIII....ahem.

They might stream line it to cut cost.

Final Fantasy XII had a world map, though.

OverLordArthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock:

IIRC and correct me if I'm wrong, XII's map is a point and click contrast to VII that can be explored.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Static Shock

@overlordarthas said:

@static_shock:

IIRC and correct me if I'm wrong, XII's map is a point and click contrast to VII that can be explored.

You would be right. It was different from an actual world map.

But, what if it's open-world like Final Fantasy XV?

OverLordArthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock:

Have not played XV, but if it is an open world like in the old VII or VIII then it is OK, turn it like Skyrim and it will be great. Linearity kills exploration IMO.

I also hope that they put emphasis on the Chocobos and stray away from the Ocarina of Time formula.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Static Shock

@overlordarthas said:

@static_shock:

Have not played XV, but if it is an open world like in the old VII or VIII then it is OK, turn it like Skyrim and it will be great. Linearity kills exploration IMO.

I also hope that they put emphasis on the Chocobos and stray away from the Ocarina of Time formula.

I've only seen gameplay for XV, but this open world seems to be on another level than what VII or VIII used to be. You can literally drive around in a car or ride chocobos...

EDIT: I know that's not saying much, but you might have to watch gameplay to understand. LOL.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They probably want to release the game quick, which is why they're splitting it in parts, plus the games huge, anybody see how big the port was on the PS4? 4gbs that's a lot for a game that came out in 1997.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They probably want to release the game quick, which is why they're splitting it in parts, plus the games huge, anybody see how big the port was on the PS4? 4gbs that's a lot for a game that came out in 1997.

I guess that's what HD does to a game.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"One of the main reasons why we haven’t done a remake until now is because it’s a massive undertaking to reconstruct Final Fantasy VII from the ground up with the current technology," said Kitase. "To a great extent, we just couldn’t take the plunge. Producing a proper HD remake of Final Fantasy VII that maintains the same feeling of density of the original results in a volume of content that couldn’t possibly fit into one installment."

"If we were to try to fit everything into one installment, we would have to cut various parts and create a condensed version of Final Fantasy VII. But there would be no point in doing that," added Nomura. "For instance, players will be able to explore many different areas of Midgar in this game that they couldn’t access in the original─if we’re remaking this world, we want to add in areas like this and depict them with real detail."

"Of course, there may be parts that are cut from the original for various reasons, but with all the new depiction that we’re adding to the game and the level of detail we’re incorporating, the overall amount of content is only going to increase. I’m sure everyone is anxious about the schedule, and we want everyone to get to play the game as soon as possible, too. Drawing the line on that front is another reason why we’re taking this approach."

This is why the Final Fantasy VII Remake is in multiple parts.

Kinda figured this was the case. In spite of this, people still don't get it. For years, everyone was saying Square-Enix was stupid for refusing to make this remake. Now, it's being made, and people are mad.

Whatever.... They're going to play it when it comes out, anyway.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: To be fair, most gamers are hardly aware of marketing gimmicks. It's the main reason why DLC bs only works for the video game industry.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks Awesome...

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Static Shock

@frogdog said:

@static_shock: To be fair, most gamers are hardly aware of marketing gimmicks. It's the main reason why DLC bs only works for the video game industry.

Perhaps you're right. But, I've had people attack me on IGN for openly saying that I'd rather wait on GOTY/Extended Editions of these games to save myself the extra cash. People literally called me broke, and that I shouldn't buy a gamer if I won't be DLC day one... It's laughable how they act as if it's that serious.

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least Cloud ain't wearing that half-skirt thing from Advent Children

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

Perhaps you're right. But, I've had people attack me on IGN for openly saying that I'd rather wait on GOTY/Extended Editions of these games to save myself the extra cash. People literally called me broke, and that I shouldn't buy a gamer if I won't be DLC day one... It's laughable how they act as if it's that serious.

Actual IGN employees or forum members?