VS

The Notorious B.I.G.

No Caption Provided
  • Who is the superior lyricist?
  • Who's has the better flow?
  • Who has the superior delivery?
  • Who has the better ear for beats?
  • Who is the more versatile artist?
  • Who's magnum opus album is superior to the other?
  • Who would win in a freestyle rap battle?
  • Who would win a a beef over wax?
  • Who's the superior artist overall?
Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@deronn_solo: oh you took it from Youtube and started it now..

On mobile but here goes.

- Eminem (listen to his line from Remember Me. With Sticky Fingaz. Whose verse was awesome as well)

- Both are good but probably Biggie

- Too hard

- BIG imo

- Eminem

- I honestly dont know what Magnus Opus is

- Eminem

- Eminem

- Slim Shady.If you want reasons I will provide them when I get home

Mexicutioner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's hard to judge since Biggie had his career fall short whereas Em has been around long enough to put out some awful stuff. In their primes;

-Eminem

-Biggie

-Biggie

-Eminem

-Eminem

-Too difficult to decide

-Eminem

-Eminem

-Eminem

Eminem takes the win in a lot of categories because he does a lot more than just rap.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- I honestly dont know what Magnus Opus is

You don't know what a Magnus Opus itself is, or do you mean what album you'd consider their magnum opus? .-.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shepard-Croft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shady sweeps.

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-Eminem

- Hard to decide

-Eminem

-BIG

Rest goes to Eminem

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

• Eminem
  • Eminem
  • Eminem
  • Eminem
  • Eminem
  • Eminem
  • Eminem
  • Eminem
  • Eminem
Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Biggie in all categories

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who is the superior lyricist? Em

Who's has the better flow? Big

Who has the superior delivery? Big

Who has the better ear for beats? Big

Who is the more versatile artist? Em

Who's magnum opus album is superior to the other? Em

Who would win in a freestyle rap battle? Em

Who would win a a beef over wax? Em

Who's the superior artist overall? Em

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Em for most. Honestly, the only thing Big really had on him was subject matter, which admittedly is a big thing, and vocal temperament.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By jumpstart55
  • Who is the superior lyricist?: Stalemate but Big gets the edge.
  • Who's has the better flow? Biggie no question.
  • Who has the superior delivery? Biggie no question.
  • Who has the better ear for beats? Biggie i guess..Nah scratch that its really either or.
  • Who is the more versatile artist? Eminem no question.
  • Who's magnum opus album is superior to the other? Hmm i,m going with Em..He does have quite the advantage considering that he has a full two decades over Big.
  • Who would win in a freestyle rap battle? Dont know could go either way..But Biggie was vicious so i,m leaning towards him.
  • Who would win a a beef over wax?.Hmm i dont really know.^
  • Who's the superior artist overall?.Eminem or Biggie..So either or..If Biggie would have had two extra decades like Em, id venture to say B.i.g might of eclipsed Em at this point.
DaDivineKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DaDivineKing
Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eminem all the way.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who's has the better flow?

I always hear how BIG's flow is unparalleled, but never see why. Eminem was flowing like the river Nile in his prime.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperor: laugh away slim, you still won't be on Biggies level

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deronn_solo: Well his best work is scattered across his numerous albums and EP's but I think it's safe to say that Marshall Mathurs LP was his best. However, on straight verses. Here is one that is nearly unmatched:

Loading Video...

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tough. I won't go down the list. Eminem pretty much beats biggie in most areas. Except authenticity, where Biggie crafted excellent rhymes and stories from experience. Eminem has none of that.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who's has the better flow?

I always hear how BIG's flow is unparalleled, but never see why. Eminem was flowing like the river Nile in his prime.

True. Ems flow is underrated...

No Caption Provided

Not one of his greatest albums, but his flow was so on point here, I feel this album gets slept on.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By Static Shock
  • Who is the superior lyricist? Eminem for the slight nod. His consistent use of assonance, consonance, various rhyme schemes, and alliteration tips it in his favor a little.
  • Who's has the better flow? Biggie, in my opinion. His flow was always consistent in every song. Eminem's flow varied, and it wasn't always good.
  • Who has the superior delivery? Biggie.
  • Who has the better ear for beats? Biggie. Not even a question. Comparing, their best albums, Life After Death's production was more varied than the production on the Marshall Mathers LP. Also, the former had a better sound, overall.
  • Who is the more versatile artist? Eminem. He played around with different rap styles and subject matter. Biggie usually talked about the same gangsta, drug dealing, mafioso stuff.
  • Who's magnum opus album is superior to the other? Although both albums were certified Diamond, Biggie's Life After Death >>> Eminem's Marshall Mathers LP.
  • Who would win in a freestyle rap battle? Hard to say. Biggie came up as a battle rapper in the streets while Eminem competed in battle rap competitions. The latter didn't really make it as a battle rapper, though.
  • Who would win a beef over wax? Hard to say. Most of Eminem's beef was directed at rappers that weren't considered MCs (Ja Rule, Benzino, Everlast), save for Canibus, but Eminem bodied him, too (and without even trying). Pac was beefing with Biggie, and I don't care what anyone says, but the Long Kiss Goodnight >>> HIt 'Em Up.
  • Who's the superior artist overall? Eminem, obviously. Why? Because Biggie died at the peak of his career. Since then, Eminem has been putting out hit, after hit, after hit...

In response to those that think Eminem is all-the-way better than Biggie, I question whether or not any of you actually listen to anyone other Eminem... Whatever, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Who is the superior lyricist? Eminem for the slight nod. His consistent use of assonance, consonance, various rhyme schemes, and alliteration tips it in his favor a little.
  • Who's has the better flow? Biggie, in my opinion. His flow was always consistent in every song. Eminem's flow varied, and it wasn't always good.
  • Who has the superior delivery? Biggie.
  • Who has the better ear for beats? Biggie. Not even a question. Comparing, their best albums, Life After Death's production was more varied than it was on Marshall Mathers LP. Also, the former had a better sound, overall.
  • Who is the more versatile artist? Eminem. He played around with different rap styles and subject matter. Biggie usually talked about the same gangsta, drug dealing, mafioso stuff.
  • Who's magnum opus album is superior to the other? Although both albums were certified Diamond, Biggie's Life After Death >>> Eminem's Marshall Mathers LP.
  • Who would win in a freestyle rap battle? Hard to say. Biggie came up as a battle rapper in the streets while Eminem competed in battle rap competitions. The latter didn't really make it as a battle rapper, though.
  • Who would win a beef over wax? Hard to say. Most of Eminem's beef was directed at rappers that weren't considered MCs (Ja Rule, Benzino, Everlast), save for Canibus, but Eminem bodied him, too (and without even trying). Pac was beefing with Biggie, and I don't care what anyone says, but the Long Kiss Goodnight >>> HIt 'Em Up.
  • Who's the superior artist overall?Eminem, obviously. Why? Because Biggie died at the peak of his career. Since then, Eminem has been putting out hit, after hit, after hit...

In response to those that think Eminem is all-the-way better than Biggie, I question whether or not any of you actually listen to anyone other Eminem... Whatever, though.

They are just nuthuggers

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Eminem is slightly better overall than Notorious BIG. It's like a 52 - 48 cut between the two.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Static Shock

True, although I think there's a lot more to it than that. Most Eminem fans I've come across are extremely biased towards other rappers that they can't be reasoned with. Yet, they don't even listen to other rappers, so they have no one to compare Eminem to. I cringe when people say Rap God is the greatest rap song ever. How? It's far from his best work, and fast rapping should be left to those that actually excel at that rap style. Anyway, Eminem has already admitted that he benefits from White privilege in his White America song, so that's pretty much a testament to his popularity.

But, to be fair, he's suffering from the same thing Jay Z is. For the past several years, Eminem's body of work has been pretty average. Relapse is proof that he is falling off.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 Pac comes in and shows both how it's done....how do you want it how do you feel?

Shepard-Croft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: @static_shock: Or flow, ear for beats and shit is subjective? I'm far from a "nuthugger," so watch who you insult.

Also, I listen to a lot of rap, and I'm not sure if Shady is even my fave rapper anymore. I'm this close to putting Kanye over him.

DaDivineKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Eminem having better vocals aesthetics and ear for beats than B.I.G., is absolutely cringe worthy, I'm sorry, LMAO.

Shepard-Croft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, no. I think people just follow majority with Biggie instead of formimg their own opinion.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MonsterStomp

@static_shock said:

Responding to this argument because I fail to see how BIG has Em beat in flow. Can you show me an example of what you consider to be Biggie at his best in terms of flow? Because honestly, he sounds similar in every song.

Time_and_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Eminem
  • Eminem
  • Eminem
  • Eminem
  • Eminem
  • Eminem
  • Eminem
  • Eminem
  • Eminem

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: @static_shock: Or flow, ear for beats and shit is subjective? I'm far from a "nuthugger," so watch who you insult.

Yes, those two things are subjective. But, what I'm saying is that there are people who think Eminem excels at all things rapping, but they don't listen to other rappers of his caliber or from his era to make comparisons. I call those people Stans. Now, if that's not you, then my post wasn't directed at you.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Biggie flows better that's about it.

Pft. Ice Cube flows better than that fool.

DaDivineKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, no. I think people just follow majority with Biggie instead of formimg their own opinion.

Not really, LMAO. That would be Eminem in that regard. He has the most fans, that know zero about rap out of every rapper ever.

B.I.G. vocals and ear for beats > Shady's.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

B.I.G. vocals and ear for beats > Shady's.

B.I.G's vocals sounds like he has a bag of d**ks down his throat. And I guess his ear for beats is superior... I mean, if you enjoy old school outdated beats that no one uses these days.

warrior100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Em. He's untouchable.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's kinda my point. Consistency. I would much rather have a consistent flow that sounds good almost all of the time than to have various flows with some sounding good and others being difficult to listen to. The latter illustrates Eminem, in my opinion. As a result, there are number of Eminem songs that don't appeal to me.

In any case, Biggie's flow varied slightly, so he did mix it up a little bit. His best in terms of flow? Probably Hypnotize. Come On, Dead Wrong (and even in that song, Em didn't outshine Big), The Long Kiss Goodnight, and Machine Gun Funk are notable mentions.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Static Shock
TrueKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static Shock put it the best.

That's all there is to say concerning the topic at hand.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One thing that gets me about Notorious BIG is his lack of activity. How you drop your debut album in 1994 and we don't see your next album until 1997 ? Usually there is a year gap at best between solo album efforts when an artist is coming up or peaking.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Good question. Big could have had at least one album within that three-year gap. But, the reason as to why he doesn't could be because he tried to bring Junior MAFIA into the fold. Their first album, Conspiracy, was the one album he worked on along with Junior MAFIA in between that gap.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By King_Saturn

@king_saturn: Good question. Big could have had at least one album within that three-year gap. But, the reason as to why he doesn't could be because he tried to bring Junior MAFIA into the fold. Their first album, Conspiracy, was the one album he worked on along with Junior MAFIA in between that gap.

I would think BIG could have been working on his own material for a solo album while working with Junior MAFIA. BIG's second album should have been out in 1996 as Conspiracy was released in 1995. I guess BIG did not have the work ethic of Hov. From 1996 - 2003 Jay-Z put out albums consistently.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MonsterStomp

@static_shock: I think most modern beats are far better than vintage. There's more complexity and variety involved. But its subjective. If you prefer vintage beats, I'd assume you're an old timer :P

In regards to flow, B.I.G never significantly switched it up or attempted to. Sure, he's more consistent, but doesn't make him better. I commend Em for stepping out of his comfort zone, using accents, various speeds. Most times it worked, sometimes it didn't. I don't like his flow in ShadyXV, but I admire his attempts to switch it up. The Eminem Show was his prime in terms of flow and delivery, in my opinion, and nothing Biggie could ever touch.

DaDivineKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DaDivineKing

Fanboy is someone else's thread, MS, LAL. B.I.G. is seen as the king of flows for a reason. :)

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You compared the two because you know an argument can be made. Hey, at least I'm not voicing my opinion without backing it up. Gives you some entertainment :P

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Both these clowns can't stand next to Slim Jesus.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MonsterStomp

Both these clowns can't stand next to Slim Jesus.

Boy, you 'bout to get whipped.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: I think most modern beats are far better than vintage. There's more complexity and variety involved. But its subjective. If you prefer vintage beats, I'd assume you're an old timer :P

In regards to flow, B.I.G never significantly switched it up or attempted to. Sure, he's more consistent, but doesn't make him better. I commend Em for stepping out of his comfort zone, using accents, various speeds. Most times it worked, sometimes it didn't. I don't like his flow in ShadyXV, but I admire his attempts to switch it up. The Eminem Show was his prime in terms of flow and delivery, in my opinion, and nothing Biggie could ever touch.

I'm 29, so vintage beats tend to resonate more with me.

As for Biggie never switching up his flow, I have to disagree. His flow in Who Shot Ya isn't the same as his flow in Hypnotize. His flow in Sky's the Limit wasn't the same as his flow in Notorious Thugs. Granted, they weren't drastic changes from song to song, but they definitely weren't the exact same. I admire Eminem's effort to drastically change his flow up, too. Like it said, it made him more versatile than Big, even though I didn't necessarily like his flow on a number of his tracks. But, hey. Consistency wins me over.

The Eminem Show was his last great album.