Does anyone really care?

• 65 results
ZeroSuitUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't know. Recently I've developed a mind set to where I could really care less about the deaths of people I'm not close to. Like, I've been desensitized to it. It's really causing the inner-conflict for me. On one hand I feel like an ass for not caring and envision myself as a terrible person. On the other hand there's a thought in the back of mind that I just don't care. Even during the recent Paris attacks. My first thought was, "And life goes on." That really didn't sit well with me.

Now what about the question? My question is does anyone really care about these things happening? I feel like people talk about these heart breaking moments all the time, but in reality they could care less and probably just move on with their lives.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I care, but i won't lose any sleep over it

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@sophia89 said:

TL;DR. Sorry didn't care enough to read :P

Ugh I don't even care enough to comment. Someone is doing it for me.

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly that's the point, everyone becomes so desensitized that nothing matters so the corrupt NWO can just implement whatever they want

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And yes I care very deeply I wept after sandy hook. I couldn't handle innocent children being slaughtered

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least you care about not caring, that's something.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#10 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Compassion is what separates us from the animals. Empathy is what binds us as a society and relates us to each other.

If everyone had both, you wouldn't have to care because it wouldn't happen.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By nefarious

I care because I have a conscience and I value their lives just as I do my own. Those people did not deserve what happened to them. No innocent life does. I would feel very bad if I did not care.

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KingWillie

No, people don't REALLY care. They hop on a bandwagon, change their Facebook picture filter, to give the illusion that they care, and are a good person. But everyone will forget abpout it in a week or so until the next thing where we can all pretend we give a shit happens. Remember Kony 2012? Lol.

Most people really don't care if it doesn't affect them.

At the same time though, no need to feel guilt if you don't care. What can ya do. As I've got older I've learned to empathize with people, but even a couple years ago these kinda things had no affect on me at all. My thinking was "These are all just faceless, nameless people to me and people die all over ecery day, I really couldn't care less"

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I don't care for the dead people. But I care for the poor people they leave behind.

goatzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zerosuituser: I feel you. Today I was asked about it. This was the conversation.

Him: "Did you hear about the Paris Bombing"

Me: "Yeah"

Him: "Don't you care"

Me: "Not really"

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I care but I am guessing its not the appropriate level. I get where you are coming from, there is a lot people using #PrayforParis, I'm just wondering who are they even praying to? Most of them dont even believe in a God.

Venator_umbra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zerosuituser: I think I care. But it doesn't really effect me emotionally very much. It's like I feel it but at the same time there isn't a true emptional response.

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is how global tyranny starts. I'm literally about to cry. So many of you support it

ZeroSuitUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

I care but I am guessing its not the appropriate level. I get where you are coming from, there is a lot people using #PrayforParis, I'm just wondering who are they even praying to? Most of them dont even believe in a God.

That's actually pretty funny. I love how everyone becomes a believer in god when something bad happens.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude honestly if you dont care about all the people who went home with one leas dad, mother, husband, wife, sister, brother, etc... if you REALLY dont give one shit then you are the reason this world can never live in peace.

You lack the one thing that separate animals from humans: Empathy.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zerosuituser: Thats not the point. The point is we are paying respect to those who are suffering. Real or not, the idea in itself shows more class and respect than just being a smartass because you disagree with someone else's belief..

ZeroSuitUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ZeroSuitUser

@sync1: I think you need to read post more carefully.

"On one hand I feel like an ass for not caring and envision myself as a terrible person."

What are you talking about? I respect everyone beliefs. I was just pointing out the irony of the situation. Stop being so offensive. You act like I'm going to go out murder a bunch of people. My condolences go out to those who've experience loss, but I honestly can't say I actually care.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sync1
Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I don't care if it isn't me or the ones I love.

Just being honest

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, people don't REALLY care. They hop on a bandwagon, change their Facebook picture filter, to give the illusion that they care, and are a good person. But everyone will forget abpout it in a week or so until the next thing where we can all pretend we give a shit happens. Remember Kony 2012? Lol.

Most people really don't care if it doesn't affect them.

At the same time though, no need to feel guilt if you don't care. What can ya do. As I've got older I've learned to empathize with people, but even a couple years ago these kinda things had no affect on me at all. My thinking was "These are all just faceless, nameless people to me and people die all over ecery day, I really couldn't care less"

Mostly that.

And you have to think that if you really began to care about the death of all people, you couldn't bear to be alive for long. People who REALLY care tend to become policeman, social worker, nurse, and the like so they feel they make a difference. Yet, I can't say for sure that those people are the majority in those profession.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

That's actually pretty funny. I love how everyone becomes a believer in god when something bad happens.

Loading Video...

This is how i feel.

The amount of people just say "ill pray for you" but don't actually try to do anything at all. they type something online....heck now facebook offers to change your pick for you to the flag... it's one pic.

I actually wonder if the people who say they will pray for t hem actually take the time to pray, I know people are giving you a hard time for calling people out, but it's the truth, the only thing I find more offensive than someone lacking empathy over this are the people who don't actually care, but say they do.

At least you are being honest

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@zerosuituser:

You`re already practising empathy, by feeling sorry for your lack of empathy. I have the same problem, oftentimes.

People do care.

And you can get yourself less numb. Start reading articles that sharply criticise our worldwide capitalist society.

"It is estimated that between 576-740 million individuals are infected with hookworm.Of these infected individuals, about 80 million are severely affected."

-Wikipedias hookworm page.

Isn`t it absurd? Billionaires rather have more billions, insane amount of money they have no need or use for.

Instead of making a sensible investement for the future (funding the cures of millions of people with a fraction of their wealth, that they stole from the very same infected people).

Also works for any other largescale ailments you can think of. ( Yes, falling in love, too. Partially. )

http://borgenproject.org/the-cost-to-end-world-hunger/

But that`s just one source. Never believe just one source.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the_stegman  Moderator

It happens so often, that people become desensitized to it. The same thing happens,

a tragedy happens

people "send prayers" to the victims,

people argue about laws and politics

People change their social media profile pics to show "support"

And we forget and Move on

It's sad, but that's how it happens

ZeroSuitUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:
@zerosuituser said:
@the_kidd said:

Loading Video...

This is how i feel.

The amount of people just say "ill pray for you" but don't actually try to do anything at all. they type something online....heck now facebook offers to change your pick for you to the flag... it's one pic.

I actually wonder if the people who say they will pray for t hem actually take the time to pray, I know people are giving you a hard time for calling people out, but it's the truth, the only thing I find more offensive than someone lacking empathy over this are the people who don't actually care, but say they do.

I'll need to save that video. @kfhrfdu_89_76k that's actually pretty interesting.

It happens so often, that people become desensitized to it. The same thing happens,

a tragedy happens

people "send prayers" to the victims,

people argue about laws and politics

People change their social media profile pics to show "support"

And we forget and Move on

It's sad, but that's how it happens

Pretty much this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I care that 120+ innocents just got murdered due to terrorism. But really, there's not much to do about it. Pray if you're religious, if not all you can do is send your best wishes and keep going. Nowadays, there is literally a monthly tragedy/shooting/police brutality event. This one in Paris was particularly bad, but nothing ever seems to get done and there's not much we can do. Sure, military or legislative action can be taken but most people have no say in that. And life must always go on

ZeroSuitUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Also, I'm a Christian, btw. Though that video still accurately reflects my opinion of most people who state things such as, "#PrayForMe."

GetOverHere13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

people forget about Lebanon, Japan, Baghdad, Mexico, and China also the rest of the world

the_son_of_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Our ability to take pleasure in helping others is what makes us superior to other primates. They lack the desire to see others be happy and therefore have no reason to care about anyone but themselves.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I myself was pretty angry when I heard about the stuff that went down in Paris but I imagine in a week or so I'll have moved on. I don't think that's a bad thing though and if we were to be upset about every horrible thing that goes on in the World then we wouldn't be able to function, there's just too much suffering going on to make a big deal about all of it. That doesn't mean we shouldn't try to help, it means we shouldn't allow it too affect us in such a way that we feel down every single day.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The_Kidd
@w0nd said:
@zerosuituser said:
@the_kidd said:

Loading Video...

This is how i feel.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I care, just like I care about the bombings in Beirut and the mass shooting in Kenya several months back. Hundreds of people were killed in terrorist attacks this year, and it's very sad.

But, I gotta keep on pushing, you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am guilty of this too. I guess it's because they're on the other side of the world and I'm here sitting on the couch. Plus they're total strangers.

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By kfhrfdu_89_76k
black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Our ability to take pleasure in helping others is what makes us superior to other primates. They lack the desire to see others be happy and therefore have no reason to care about anyone but themselves.

There's no need to slander apes.

the_son_of_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

eliah1102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By eliah1102

I feel sad about their deaths but that does not mean its gonna interrupt with my work or studies because its not happening before me or in my neighbourhood or country BUT if that sort of thing happened in my country or any crime happened before me I would definitely take steps to stop them if I can and will do anything to prevent them from happening again.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do care, I really do

gamejutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sync1 said:

Ik dude i'm just saying you're an ass is all..

You trying to get int a fight? Chill.

This happens to me as well. I just think, "Oh I hope they're okay, that sucks man" but I don't really put care into it.

If you can't be super sad over it, why pretend? It's not you.

Everyone at the death announcement is crying or looking at the ground, and I have the exact same face as before I knew what he/she was going to say.

Sure people think i'm a bit odd, but I personally think it's even worse to pretend to care than to not care at all.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like to care.

dawnone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously though I care but life moves on everyone dies eventually you should be bitching about death when it's hitting you in the face

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is how global tyranny starts. I'm literally about to cry. So many of you support it

Please no NWO stuff if there gonna kill us all we can't stop them. i doubt they will even if there exstiance is debateable as heck. I stopped looking into that a long time ago i plan to become a powerful person if there real i promise i will expose and stop them. Now can we please just get on with the issues that are definitely there even if a evil league of people makes them.

dawnone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also if it's aimed towards Americans Reason why most Americans don't care is because most Americans are to busy stuffing their faces with macdonalds to the point where the cholesterol build up has blocked out their eyes disallowing them to take notice of the world around them. Jk

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

probably means you aren't in involved in your community enough..

Avatar image for roberto alvarenga
Roberto Alvarenga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Millions die everyday , i could not care less for a few hundred more dieing , especially when those few hundred dont care about the other million who die everyday.

Its a vicious cycle o.f not caring.

Sure people in paris died , what about the terribly outshadowing amounts of children who die of hunger everyday?

Not caring at its finest.

You dont care about me , i dont care about you.

And now im gonna get someone saying they care , when they deep down really dont , and are only fearful of that ''what if it was you'' dilemma.