Do you support the fat acceptance movement?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ohgawd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Should society accept fatties?

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

First I think "fattie" in itself is a derogative term and no one deserves to be called that.

I am all for not judging a person based on looks; it's their character that is the most important aspect that defines him/ her. Fat or slim should be no different and a person should be judged based on their deeds not their body weight or physical appearance.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends. Being a bigger person is one thing. When it starts to damage your health, to tell someone they need to lose weight should be acceptable.

However if they want to be treated like everyone else, we shouldn't treat being large because you chose to overeat as if it's some sort of illness. They should be treated as everyone else, instead of looking at it like some sort of handicap. If you're larger because of an illness that's a different subject.

If it's a personal choice, that's fine. We'll treat you like anyone else. If it's unhealthy people should look into it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, that would be supporting an unhealthy lifestyle and telling people it's okay to be unhealthy. This is a step in the wrong direction.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By hatemalingsia

I guess?

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What do you mean by support? No one should say that being fat is healthy or a good life choice.

On the other hand, people shouldn't be condescending/arrogant (can cause people to gain even more weight ironically) or intrude into other people's life as their health is their business (until it affects others or you of course).

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By JakeN7

Overweight people shouldn't be discriminated against in society (no one should), but the fat acceptance movement is a joke. As a fat person, I can tell you that not only did I do this to myself, but I absolutely hate being this way. Don't think differently of me, but don't support me gaining weight either. That's ridiculous.

Also, dupe.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/what-do-you-think-about-the-fat-acceptance-movemen-1574812/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/your-thoughts-fat-acceptance-1596680/

@sc@saren@bumpyboo@deranged_midget