• 154 results
modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By modernww2fare

Poll Do you support BLM protesters? (121 votes)

Yes 30%
No 69%

Why or why not?

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I don't support this movement at all.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I support it, but i think this message is alot more important.

No Caption Provided

PERFECT!

FableCounty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Exactly. But, people hear what they want to hear, or make excuses for things that they don't even understand.

I'm just glad I have the patience to ignore the idiots in here. Sorry, but not sorry.

Islamism is wack like crackcocaine, Malcolm X was starting to see the light and that's why they killed him

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

lol

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Static Shock

Islam and Nation of Islam aren't the same. In fact, followers of Islam don't regard followers of the NOI as true Muslims. Fard Muhammad is also regarded as a messiah for the NOI, while traditional Islam considers that idolatry. Plus. NOI preaches black supremacy, while Islam preaches equality among all races.

But, yeah. Malcolm X was killed because the NOI felt that he betrayed them.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Nice to see this thread going in a generally positive direction.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Wut

No. I think gathering together to try and change something you don't see as fair is just fine, and I have no issue with that and even support that ideal, but I do have an issue with the way some have been doing it. Running around college campus screaming in people's faces or blocking bridges (which had a children's hospital ambulance on it, but whatever, human rights) is not something I will ever support.

I have an issue with the professional jerks and victims doing equally jerky things and complaining later on not being liked.

Now, I understand that, perhaps, these are a few making the whole look bad, but this happens often enough to leave a sour taste in my mouth about the entire group, so no, I do not support them.

@depinhom: Figured the gif was more that he laughed, looked around, realized he wasn't supposed to laugh and tried to hide it.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop using logic to explain stuff to people who think cops murdering black people in cold blood is no big deal.

You cannot reason with the unreasonable.

I hate to be absolutist but I find myself shunning these close minded sickos.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@depinhom: Figured the gif was more that he laughed, looked around, realized he wasn't supposed to laugh and tried to hide it.

^This guy's got it!

Avatar image for top_flight_security
Top Flight Security

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

As a historian, I have seen the treatment of minorities in this country and it does suck. A lot of things that have happened to minorities are a result of bigotry. The distrust of police officers (whom I have much respect for) did not come out of no where. Things that people have complained about for years but could not prove are now coming to light. Policies that were put in place such as red lining to keep certain people out of various neighborhoods has been admitted to have been purposely done. I met a college student from Mississippi who cannot go to the public swimming pool in her neighborhood today because minorities are not allowed. Chicago just admitted to terrorizing minorities for years, with the now retired and still receiving a pension police chief torturing confessions out of people, maiming them and imprisoning people falsely. So, yes, Black Lives do Matter. If all lives truly mattered, which they do, then minorities would not be left out in the cold, which many are.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 juiceboks  Moderator

As a historian, I have seen the treatment of minorities in this country and it does suck. A lot of things that have happened to minorities are a result of bigotry. The distrust of police officers (whom I have much respect for) did not come out of no where. Things that people have complained about for years but could not prove are now coming to light. Policies that were put in place such as red lining to keep certain people out of various neighborhoods has been admitted to have been purposely done. I met a college student from Mississippi who cannot go to the public swimming pool in her neighborhood today because minorities are not allowed. Chicago just admitted to terrorizing minorities for years, with the now retired and still receiving a pension police chief torturing confessions out of people, maiming them and imprisoning people falsely. So, yes, Black Lives do Matter. If all lives truly mattered, which they do, then minorities would not be left out in the cold, which many are.

That's..I don't even know what to say.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good post. It's a trip how some people think racism isn't a big thing in the U.S. when there is tons of evidence that says otherwise.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Blade_R

Yes because I am one of the people that believe black Americans are unfairly targeted and treated badly by some police.

And yes, all lives do matter but BLM is about black Americans being targeted by law enforcement. Would you go to a Walk For Cancer event and then complain because they aren't walking for Cystic Fibrosis and AIDS too and imply that people there don't think they matter too? I doubt it and it isn't because those things don't matter or are unimportant, they are, but a Walk For Cancer is about something Cancer specifically, the same with BLM.

And yes more than just black people are treated shitty by the police, they have treated me like shit for no reason before too, but I recognize that the black community seem to be the one's who have to deal with it the most, so I do support them.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@agent9149 said:

Anyone who says #AllLivesMatter can suck on a cactus arm..

Right, because they clearly don't understand the significance of the movement and fail (intentionally or not) to see that the Black community is negatively effected by law enforcement, the justice system and a slew of other social issues. Black Lives Matter doesn't mean everyone else doesn't matter. But, people can be pretty stupid, so go figure....

Other than that, yeah. I support the idea and the protesters, as long as they keep the peace and keep things respectful. At the same time, there are some things about the movement that I don't like.

People see what they want to see.I agree with you, though. People who think that the protesters are somehow saying all lives don't mind are either really dumb or just refusing not to look beyond the surface.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks said:

Nice to see this thread going in a generally positive direction.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GlueStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like others have said I agree with it in theory but not how it is actually playing out. The All Lives Matter movement and (white)people denying that white privilege exists is making things 10x worse. All lives do matter but that movement is essentially saying that innocent white people are just as likely to be killed by police as innocent black people

Avatar image for deactivated-5a853424245e3
deactivated-5a853424245e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with the ideology, but not necessarily the tactics or group itself.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No lives matter honestly.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we should try to tone down on the identity politics in general.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

idgaf

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By poeticwarrior

Do you think I should support something like this?

https://twitter.com/tariqnasheed/status/803361349933928450?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

"So white officer Alan Horujko who shot and killed the Black Somali stabbing suspect in Ohio is being paraded as a hero. Thats interesting"

I guess the White officer should just let the Black guy going around stabbing people to death because he's Black. Blacklivesmatter's intention is good by bringing awareness to Black injustice, but it turns into a racist and Black supremacy movement by many racists.

Those who say AllLivesMatter is either ignoring or haven't experienced minority's discrimination so they're not noticed that all lives are not equal currently. Everyone wants all lives matter, but all lives are not matter currently with Blacks receive harsher sentence, while a White guy raping an unconscious girl get probation because they don't want to ruin his future. :(

DaDivineKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By DaDivineKing

Well, the underlaying credo of the movement isn't bad, but it's execution has been nothing short of cancer.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#77 Lunacyde  Moderator

They make it so hard.

Avatar image for deactivated-1351355
deactivated-1351355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a similar movement in my country.

Although the focus is about the indigenous groups after the many killings inside of metropolises and their original territory been sold to companies/governmental projects. Right now, I think their population is compressed around 896,9 million.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I support the message of the movement, but not the protesters.

Hatutzeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortein said:

I don't think the BLM folks started the movement saying to themselves, hey let's play politics centered on race. I think it was probably more along the lines of "Hey, man, can you please stop killing us?" When its a matter of defense of life, the point they are trying to make is more important than our country's weariness with identity politics.

Avatar image for dextersinister1
Dextersinister1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Dextersinister1

As a self respecting white person I could not support BLM anymore than I would expect a self respecting black person to be an un-ironic active member of 4chans POL board. They both contain a good deal of dislike towards a specific race among it's members that's almost celebrated.

BLM is a lot worse in it exists within the mainstream. With POL you know even the few that are serious have no visible support, with BLM the media turns a blind eye to it.

Loading Video...

There's a lot of problems with race and gender focused groups in general. There will always be a problem of bias for and against and a degree of division.

StellatedColt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah fam. i can't get behind it. I understand what they mean but to me, all they're doing is whining. Everytime someone get shot, they either rant on Twitter or protest which leads to riot IN THEIR OWN BLACK COMMUNITIES. Like what the heck? What is that gonna solve? What we need to do is get rid of this black on black crime and put books in these kids hands. I want to see our black communities thrive and create their own businesses. People want to quote MLK and Malcolm X (that's such a cool name btw) but never want to actually rebuild and improve themselves. They just want someone else to do it. smh

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BLM is a group with it's cause grounded in fact. But don't tell the conservatives that. Facts are their kryptonite.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Lunacyde  Moderator

@mortein said:

The problem is that in America the lived realities people face are strongly determined by aspects such as race, class, ethnicity, etc. People's ideologies are derived from their lived experiences and their political interests revolve around these experiences. Tell a black person, a member of a community that has been factually discriminated against, that they need to keep their identity separate from their politics.

Not saying I disagree with the need to come together and build bridges, but I understand the forces behind the emergence of identity politics in certain communities.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:
@mortein said:

The problem is that in America the lived realities people face are strongly determined by aspects such as race, class, ethnicity, etc. People's ideologies are derived from their lived experiences and their political interests revolve around these experiences. Tell a black person, a member of a community that has been factually discriminated against, that they need to keep their identity separate from their politics.

Not saying I disagree with the need to come together and build bridges, but I understand the forces behind the emergence of identity politics in certain communities.

I can understand their reaction, but what they are doing is not helping them, it fact it's hurting them in the long run.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Lunacyde  Moderator

@mortein said:
@lunacyde said:
@mortein said:

I can understand their reaction, but what they are doing is not helping them, it fact it's hurting them in the long run.

Oh I agree 100%. That is why I said " They make it so hard" a few comments back. It's counter-productive because of the inherent inability to control all the angry and resentful elements who may not have the movement's best interest at heart but still find representation under its banner.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope the movement dies within the next year. 2016 was annoying.

Along with Blue Lives Matter and All Lives Matter.

Just worry about yourself and your loved ones and don't make it about race, rather be singular and selfish. I respect cops, I respect all races and I respect myself. I don't respect the ignorant who choose sides c:

Though, I'm a nihilist. So.. yknow.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. I`m a feminist.

nobunaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I support the concept of #BlackLivesMatter but I don't fully agree with the movement itself if that makes any sense.

nobunaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me (and this applies to most people) when it started off I was into it and I was like "yeah black people don't deserve the treatment they're getting" but then the movement was ludicrous. The protests were spontaneous which was really random. For example if you're driving to work and you're about to be late then a group of BLM protesters block the road... it's really irritating. The actual concept is peaceful but because of the protests I don't understand what BLM supporters are getting at.

Another problem is that a lot of the supporters lose their cool. Some of them become spiteful of other races/majorities in their sector. For example, person x may say that he wants all y people to die but person z may say "no because y lives matter as well." Person x is the type of BLM supporter that gets spiteful and angry at race y because of everything that their race has been through in the past, not brushing it off. Person x may even invade a cafe or conference just to do a BLM protest which is just random and annoying. It may be satisfying for them but others will find it unconventional.

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sums up my feelings on it, though I will say that it is hard to distinguish between those who are protesters, and those who are using the protest as an excuse to riot.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By comicace3

I can't even support their actions right now.

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I do not believe in this ridiculous cause. .The problem with the African American community is that there is no African American community. Lets look at the Black on Black Crime,kids are shot all the bloody time and where is the protest ?

Avatar image for staticspeedster
StaticSpeedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 2

Nope. Black Lives Matter is completely nonsense. It's like 3rd wave feminism in a much different way.

And everyone's lives matter so to hell with it!

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By echostarlord117

Even though I don't agree with their goals, I'd support their right to protest... if their version of protest didn't involve burning sh*t and beating white people to a bloody pulp.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

Tell a black person, a member of a community that has been factuallyhistorically discriminated against, that they need to keep their identity separate from their politics.

Fixed

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm against any kind of racism but this moviment seems highly disorganized causing mutliple violent riots and with a huge number of violent members even in their high positions like in the leadership.