• 154 results
modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By modernww2fare

Poll Do you support BLM protesters? (121 votes)

Yes 30%
No 69%

Why or why not?

• 
Pajeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#AllLivesMatter

nishi99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree cops should wear body cameras, but idk about the other stuff.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

HAAAAAAATE THEM . . . !!!!!!

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pajeet: Whoa . . . Did that really happen?

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nishi99 said:

I agree cops should wear body cameras, but idk about the other stuff.

@pajeet said:

#AllLivesMatter

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I support the concept of #BlackLivesMatter but I don't fully agree with the movement itself if that makes any sense.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. It's a dumb movement created by and perpetuated by ignorant people.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Anyone who says #AllLivesMatter can suck on a cactus arm.

I support the concept of #BlackLivesMatter but I don't fully agree with the movement itself if that makes any sense.

Same here! Certain individuals have done and said things I don't agree with. There isn't no central leadership in the movement. I support the idea behind it.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@pajeet said:
@agent9149 said:

Anyone who says #AllLivesMatter can suck on a cactus arm.

@buttersdaman000 said:

Same here! Certain individuals have done and said things I don't agree with. There isn't no central leadership in the movement. I support the idea behind it.

Anyone who disagrees with me is wrong and therefore should go to jail

Do you like to suck cacti?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I don't. I can understand why this movement was started and it was a expected reaction. The media shows killings or brutality of a black person by a cop or white cop 24/7 and of course there'll be angry people. But no, all lives matter. I have seen some stupid stuff and extremism from this movement.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Anyone who says #AllLivesMatter can suck on a cactus arm..

Right, because they clearly don't understand the significance of the movement and fail (intentionally or not) to see that the Black community is negatively effected by law enforcement, the justice system and a slew of other social issues. Black Lives Matter doesn't mean everyone else doesn't matter. But, people can be pretty stupid, so go figure....

Other than that, yeah. I support the idea and the protesters, as long as they keep the peace and keep things respectful. At the same time, there are some things about the movement that I don't like.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I don't. I can understand why this movement was started and it was a expected reaction. The media shows killings or brutality of a black person by a cop or white cop 24/7 and of course there'll be angry people. But no, all lives matter. I have seen some stupid stuff and extremism from this movement.

Of course all lives matter but saying that in response to BlackLivesMatter is belittling what the movement really stands for - acknowledgement of the fact that black lives are more at risk from law enforcement by default. I mean, even though A LOT of people all died the same during WW2, you don't roll your eyes at Jewish people when they mention the Holocaust, do you?

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pajeet said:

#AllLivesMatter

You said it.

PatriotBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, bunch of whiners as far as I can see. It's their own fault for having such a poor attitude.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Good point actually. But I don't really care whether it belittles it or not. I don't support it. Also, Latinos and Hispanics are also more at risk from law enforcement due to many factors. Just like black people. But I guess black lives matter more.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

I'm just going to paste this here because it is a pretty simple and easy to understand explanation of the flaw with rebutting #blacklivesmatter with #alllivesmatter.

"Imagine that you’re sitting down to dinner with your family, and while everyone else gets a serving of the meal, you don’t get any. So you say “I should get my fair share.” And as a direct response to this, your dad corrects you, saying, “everyone should get their fair share.” Now, that’s a wonderful sentiment — indeed, everyone should, and that was kinda your point in the first place: that you should be a part of everyone, and you should get your fair share also. However, dad’s smart-ass comment just dismissed you and didn’t solve the problem that you still haven’t gotten any!

The problem is that the statement “I should get my fair share” had an implicit “too” at the end: “I should get my fair share, too, just like everyone else.” But your dad’s response treated your statement as though you meant “only I should get my fair share”, which clearly was not your intention. As a result, his statement that “everyone should get their fair share,” while true, only served to ignore the problem you were trying to point out."

Credit to Geek Aesthete

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Good point actually. But I don't really care whether it belittles it or not. I don't support. Also, Latinos and Hispanics are also more at risk from law enforcement due to many factors. Just like black people. But I guess black lives matter more.

Well you took a step forward, then two steps back.....you even said I made a good point lol the movement is NOT about putting one race above the other. It's just about acknowledging the fact that black people are more at risk than others when it comes to the law. And I wholly disagree about Latinos/Hispanics. I honestly don't know how you would even arrive at that conclusion

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

I'm just going to paste this here because it is a pretty simple and easy to understand explanation of the flaw with rebutting #blacklivesmatter with #alllivesmatter.

"Imagine that you’re sitting down to dinner with your family, and while everyone else gets a serving of the meal, you don’t get any. So you say “I should get my fair share.” And as a direct response to this, your dad corrects you, saying, “everyone should get their fair share.” Now, that’s a wonderful sentiment — indeed, everyone should, and that was kinda your point in the first place: that you should be a part of everyone, and you should get your fair share also. However, dad’s smart-ass comment just dismissed you and didn’t solve the problem that you still haven’t gotten any!

The problem is that the statement “I should get my fair share” had an implicit “too” at the end: “I should get my fair share, too, just like everyone else.” But your dad’s response treated your statement as though you meant “only I should get my fair share”, which clearly was not your intention. As a result, his statement that “everyone should get their fair share,” while true, only served to ignore the problem you were trying to point out."

Credit to Geek Aesthete

Perfect

It amazes me that so many people can't grasp this simple concept

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lunacyde  Moderator

@buttersdaman000: Yeah, definitely. Those people are just trying to be contrary or purposefully misconstrue the message of BLM.

THAT SAID I do acknowledge that there are those within the black community itself who twist BLM for their own devices and often do stupid things and preach divisive, incendiary, and even hateful rhetoric. It's the same as feminism basically, the fundamental concept is great, but people take it too far at times.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@buttersdaman000: Yeah, definitely. Those people are just trying to be contrary or purposefully misconstrue the message of BLM.

THAT SAID I do acknowledge that there are those within the black community itself who twist BLM for their own devices and often do stupid things and preach divisive, incendiary, and even hateful rhetoric. It's the same as feminism basically, the fundamental concept is great, but people take it too far at times.

There are always those types of people unfortunately. It's a shame that people base the movements on the actions of the radicals alone. However, like Obama just said, the BlackLivesMatter movement needs to stop focusing on protests and move on to actually effecting change.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lunacyde  Moderator

@buttersdaman000: definitely. The problem is that change is difficult to facilitate, hence why they need a movement to begin with. I wish I had an answer to fix the problems, but I don't.

If anyone doesn't actually know what BLM is about they have a website, with a platform so it would probably be beneficial to check that out.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

Credit to Geek Aesthete

This. At this point it's become very clear that saying all lives matter is pretty much just a smart-ass way of saying shut up blackie.

ZackSnyderBvS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pajeet: bless your kkkind heart, Moonman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a937e573d769
deactivated-5a937e573d769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EDIT: never mind I"m watching tonight's episode of The Last Man on Earth & it's crackin me up so I no longer give a crap about this topic but yeah Black Lives Matter just like everyone else

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

Credit to Geek Aesthete

I have to apologize some for over simplifying the matter. I WILL still say I don't like some of the tactics employed by some of the BLM movement, however the above statement explains things much better than my seemingly dismissive "all lives matter"...I won't apologize for feeling that way, because ultimately I believe that everyone realizing this is the way to fix our problems. However, given the above statement, I can certainly see how my one line "all lives matter" would seem completely dismissive given the truth of the above statement, and for that I truly apologize.

No one should feel their problems are being marginalized by a trite, over simplified statement.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lunacyde's post actually made sense to me and made me realize I'm a potato. I also apologize for being a potato. I still don't support the movement though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All lives matter

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Bruxae

lol no

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By MethoKi

I'd have to say no, although I do understand, on a certain level why they're doing what they're doing.

My reasoning for not agreeing with them may just well be ignorance on my part, but to my understanding they seek to abolish what they perceive as injustice and discrimination against black people. That is where my disagreement comes in. I think to only perceive injustice and discrimination against people of your race is willful ignorance and even racist on some level. But, I digress due to the fact that they're actually speaking up against something and I may be missing out on an key part.

I've made arguments against people online against topics on racism and because I disagreed with them and even presented injustice against whites, I've been called a coon (I am black) and even racist.

Maybe someone can shed light on their agenda to me.

FableCounty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By FableCounty
Loading Video...

Loading Video...

IHateAnimu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand where they're coming from, but it's mostly a knee-jerk reaction to the news medias new "summer of Shark" hyperbole hype but on police brutality. Most of the time overt protesting hurts your cause far more then help it and when riots end up happening, and you support said riot, I lost my respect for you, quite frankly.

Quite frankly, when you look at statistics, you see that police brutality has gone steadily down over the last decade. But this is just the rondey king/ O.J. Simpson situation all over again.

"History repeats itself. First as tragedy, the second as farce."

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Lunacyde  Moderator

@silkyballfro94: Hey you don't have to support it, that's cool. I don't support everything they do either. It's a great thing that you can at least admit you better understand the topic though. That open-mindedness is all I really ask for.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I support it, but i think this message is alot more important.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I support the essence of the movement where Blacks and other minorities are often being treated harsher by the law, but the movement is turning into making excuses for crimes by Blacks and making everything about racial problems regardless of whether it is or not.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@depinhom: I think he was laughing at the gif

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent9149 said:

Anyone who says #AllLivesMatter can suck on a cactus arm..

Right, because they clearly don't understand the significance of the movement and fail (intentionally or not) to see that the Black community is negatively effected by law enforcement, the justice system and a slew of other social issues. Black Lives Matter doesn't mean everyone else doesn't matter. But, people can be pretty stupid, so go figure....

Other than that, yeah. I support the idea and the protesters, as long as they keep the peace and keep things respectful. At the same time, there are some things about the movement that I don't like.

I definitely agree. BLM is not about elevating black people to a superior status or, directly or indirectly, placing other races at a lower status. It simply is a movement created because of the very clear disregard for the lives of black people. All lives matter, but black lives are the ones being systematically snuffed out over infractions that are disproportionate to the crime, such as running from a cop. There is no justification to gun down a man who is running away, whether he is guilty of a crime or not.

I just don't understand why people think that BLM means that no other lives matter. It's "BLM so please stop killing us".

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. It's a dumb movement created by and perpetuated by ignorant people.

QFT.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#49  Edited By comicace3

@lunacyde said:

Credit to Geek Aesthete

Best comment of the week. And it is only monday.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Lunacyde  Moderator

@comicace3: I made that comment Sunday :P So depending when you start your week that could be last week's quote.