Do You Support Abortion?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CrouchingTiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@willpayton: I never said you can't. I realize that, physically, you can say exactly what you want, you do, in fact, have this free will. However while you're out there exercising your free will to insult others, keep in mind (your very educated mind) that there are people who will flag you.

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: first off damn good debating skills. You totally changed the situation on me. I am still against abortion but I concede defeat in this debate by you *kneels* before zod

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Premature and mature opinions come together here, I don't think the answer of this topic will come from here anytime soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Saying you don't support abortions is like saying you don't support erasers.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By willpayton

@crouchingtiger said:

@willpayton: I never said you can't. I realize that, physically, you can say exactly what you want, you do, in fact, have this free will. However while you're out there exercising your free will to insult others, keep in mind (your very educated mind) that there are people who will flag you.

Flag whatever you want.

BTW, lets revisit your earlier comment:

@crouchingtiger said:

@willpayton: And furthermore, dont call people dumb or tell them what they say is dumb for disagreeing with you. You are trying desperately to push an agenda on this forum.

So here's the problems...

1. You're telling me what to do. Since I dont take orders from you, I will continue to say what I want.

2. I never said you're dumb, nor did I call anyone dumb for disagreeing with me, or for any reason. What I said was:

@willpayton said:

I think she's right. If you had a vagina or maybe were educated on the subject you might not be saying dumb things like that women want to have abortions because they want to have sex without caring about birth control.

I said that you said dumb things, not that you were dumb. So, while you may not be dumb, your reading comprehension skills are sorely lacking. Also, you cant take criticism since you immediately start accusing me of saying things I didnt say, then proceed to tell me what to do, and then follow up with threats of flagging my posts... which I guess should scare me, or something. Meh, I'm not that scared.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256  Edited By willpayton

@willpayton: first off damn good debating skills. You totally changed the situation on me. I am still against abortion but I concede defeat in this debate by you *kneels* before zod

Heh... well thank you very much. =)

BTW the image was a dead skin cell... aka dandruff.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: that would be saying you made a mistake. Rape victims don't have that type of eraser.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An interesting, but extremely flawed analogy.

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CrouchingTiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260  Edited By CrouchingTiger

@willpayton: I said don't call people dumb OR TELL THEM WHAT THEY SAY IS DUMB, which is something you just admitted to. Also, never threatened flagging, I said there are people who will do it. So your not the one that should be criticizing reading comprehension. I'm also not interested in a semantics argument, or having words put in my mouth again, so this convo is over.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlock360: I don't get what you mean? I wasn't talking about rape. I was just saying, people should be able to quote unquote "erase" a baby before it is born so a small problem doesn't become bigger than it needs to be. If you aren't ready for a child or you've been raped, an abortion will allow you to spare a child being born into a world of problems, just like deleting a post before it causes a fight, or rubbing out a word before publishing it in a newspaper.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

Explain.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crouchingtiger said:

@willpayton: I said don't call people dumb OR TELL THEM WHAT THEY SAY IS DUMB, which is something you just admitted to. Also, never threatened flagging, I said there are people who will do it. So your not the one that should be criticizing reading comprehension. I'm also not interested in a semantics argument, or having words put in my mouth again, so this convo is over.

I will tell whoever I want that what they said was dumb if what they said was dumb, which I have a feeling is going to be you many more times.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for mistressoftheelements
MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't support abortion, simply because so many people use it to avoid taking responsibility for their actions. In my opinion, if you're mature enough to be having sex, you should be mature enough to either be safe or take responsibility if a slip-up happens. I do think that abortions should be available for victims of rape or abuse, but only after they have talked to a psychologist or psychiatrist and made sure they are making the right decision.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By willpayton

@i_like_swords said:

@willpayton said:

@i_like_swords said:

Explain.

Well...

-abortions have to do with living things, ranging from a single cell to a baby at birth, so there are moral/religious implications not applicable to a pencil/paper/eraser metaphor

-abortions have a limited time window, erasers can erase something any time

-something that is erased can be written again, not so with abortions

-abortions are sometimes needed to save the life of a person, not so with erasers

-an abortion is a serious medical procedure, erasing something is fairly trivial

Probably other things, but I'm seriously sleep-deprived at the moment and that's all I can think of. Like I said, it's a somewhat interesting analogy but too flawed to be of any use. I mean, for an analogy to be useful, the main characteristics of the things being compared have to be mostly applicable to each other.

MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nope.

MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton:

I see what you mean, but I was more just comparing them in the way that an eraser is used to erase a mistake.

I think in that way they are comparable because when a baby is merely a cell and has no conscious and doesn't feel pain, then if it's in the mothers best interests to not have a baby then she should be able to "erase" it. The same way we erase mistakes, or things we've written in anger, or things we didn't think about writing at the time.

In response to what you said to make this analogy a bit more applicable:

-From my point of view when a baby is merely a cell and has no conscious, and it is going to be aborted consensually, then it can be compared to an eraser. When you start talking outside of that then we're getting away from what I meant initially.

-There are examples of when erasing something does have a time limit like, before it is published publicly, or before someone sees it.

-I meant more in the sense that you might not want it written at all.

-I agree they aren't on exactly the same scale of importance.

-Again yes, abortions are a much more serious matter.

Just trying to say, it is a similar concept. Not wanting to have a baby when you know you aren't ready, or it isn't a good time, and getting an abortion, is the same as erasing something you think will have a negative impact if it goes public or someone reads it.

MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: I been scrolling this thread I felt no hope for humanity.Until I look at this post.Thank You.

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't support abortion, simply because so many people use it to avoid taking responsibility for their actions. In my opinion, if you're mature enough to be having sex, you should be mature enough to either be safe or take responsibility if a slip-up happens. I do think that abortions should be available for victims of rape or abuse, but only after they have talked to a psychologist or psychiatrist and made sure they are making the right decision.

@mistressoftheelements:

Hello,

I work in a kindergarten and let me tell you that people have a lot of way to avoid the responsibility of their act. Notably to their children, even when they are born, and this isn't pretty to see.

It is both the tragedy and greatness to the procreation : Anybody can have children. Sorry if I seem rude, but some people don't deserve to have children nor they have the ability to raise one. Some children don't deserve their parent and vice versa.

Beside of that, there's so much way to advert being pregnant people get little to no excuse : operation, condom, pills, etc... I think abortion should be a kind of last resort, but ultimately, to me, in the first month, the women should be able to choose. Later, only in case of health issue. After that, adoption is still an option.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@farkam said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@glitch_spawn said:

I don't care if it's an accident. A child shouldn't be subjected to a mediocre life just because a lot of Christians are completely ridiculous and don't realize that what they're spouting off holds no meaning in the real world.

Christians aren't the only people who are anti-abortion. But thanks for the ignorant generalisation. Made me feel all warm and cozy inside.

But they are probably the majority of those that are.

So? The majority of men are serial killers, does that mean we say "a lot of men serial kill every year"

Whoa there...it's vice versa, a lot of serial killers are men. There's a big difference.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton:

I see what you mean, but I was more just comparing them in the way that an eraser is used to erase a mistake.

I think in that way they are comparable because when a baby is merely a cell and has no conscious and doesn't feel pain, then if it's in the mothers best interests to not have a baby then she should be able to "erase" it. The same way we erase mistakes, or things we've written in anger, or things we didn't think about writing at the time.

In response to what you said to make this analogy a bit more applicable:

-From my point of view when a baby is merely a cell and has no conscious, and it is going to be aborted consensually, then it can be compared to an eraser. When you start talking outside of that then we're getting away from what I meant initially.

-There are examples of when erasing something does have a time limit like, before it is published publicly, or before someone sees it.

-I meant more in the sense that you might not want it written at all.

-I agree they aren't on exactly the same scale of importance.

-Again yes, abortions are a much more serious matter.

Just trying to say, it is a similar concept. Not wanting to have a baby when you know you aren't ready, or it isn't a good time, and getting an abortion, is the same as erasing something you think will have a negative impact if it goes public or someone reads it.

Yeah I think the analogy works in that sense, which is why I think it's interesting. But then again if your analogy only works on a narrow aspect of the issue, you cant extend it to make other points with it. It will also get criticized and shot down so much that it'll be more trouble than it's worth.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: Yeah that's true. Abortions aren't the easiest things to make comparisons to I suppose haha.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#278  Edited By SOG7dc

To see murder reduced to a joke in this thread...it's sickening. If you don't want a baby then don't open your legs it's that simple. I support a womans right to choose if she has sex and with whom she has sex but not to choose whether she wants to kill what she chose to make.

CrouchingTiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crouchingtiger: Abortion isn't an easy thing. People think it's like throwing out the trash or something.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

To see murder reduced to a joke in this thread...it's sickening. If you don't want a baby then don't open your legs it's that simple. I support a womans right to choose if she has sex and with whom she has sex but not to choose whether she wants to kill what she chose to make.

The ignorance in this post is staggering, even for this thread. Congratulations!

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: A difference in opinion is tantamount to being uneducated about the subject matter?

CrouchingTiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: I agree with you 100 percent. hopefully I haven't implied otherwise

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always wondered...and please only respond if you're a mature adult I will not respond to rudeness or immaturity...I've always wondered this: a woman gets preg kills the baby and doesn't have to tell the guy. If a woman gets pregnant and the guy doesn't want the kid but she gives birth he's still stuck having to pay child support. At the very least if a woman can choose to kill a baby a man should be able to choose to abandon the baby

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: the guy shoulda wore protection if he didnt want it. I dont care if she said she's protected, if he didnt want one make it 100% sure.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlock360: Ok then what if he did where protection? And still got her preg? He should able to abandon

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#288  Edited By SideburnGuru

@sog7dc:

It's not a difference of opinion. Your first post was pure ignorance. "If you don't want a baby, don't open your legs." That's not always the case, for every situation where a woman gets pregnant. Hence, rape cases. Or cases where the man lies about protection, or it breaks. I'm not even going to go onto the second post "THE GUY SHOULD BE ABLE TO CHOOSE TO ABANDON the baby." Because that may be the most ignorant thing I've ever read on this whole entire forum, since the guy is the one who GIVES her what's needed for the baby in the first place. Technically, some guys do that anyway.

I'm not even going to say rape cases. I feel they should just allow abortion. It's shown when you ban things, people will continue to do it anyway, except they'll do it the way where it's not safely performed by a professional.

In any case, I believe a person shouldn't abuse the system, and it will be hard to control, but it can be done. I'm all for pro-choice.

CrouchingTiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: men abandon their kids all the time. But if I'm not mistaken, can't a man sign his rights to the child away? Meaning he doesn't have to pay support?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: If you calmed down and read my post you would have read where I said I support her right to choose if and who she has sec with. I thought everyone here was smart enough to extrapolate that abortion in the case of rape is justified IMO. so don't go cast aspersions against me because you're angry from a previous debate

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@sog7dc: men abandon their kids all the time. But if I'm not mistaken, can't a man sign his rights to the child away? Meaning he doesn't have to pay support?

No he can't. A judge will make the father pay no matter what.

CrouchingTiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

I think it should be legal but severely restricted. This topic is a pendulum that swings too far either way -- either it is rampant, and every woman who gets knocked up and decides the kid should die just gets a quick abortion and goes about her merry way, or rape victims and women who have conditions that will make them surely die during childbirth cannot find help. It should be an extremely serious decision that can be made neither lightly nor easily, but can be made.

MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: So a guy doesn't have the same right to "not have to live with a mistake" A's a woman? Stop being judgmental and calm down

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moderate conservatism ftw! How bout we can abort only the lower half of the baby and keep the upper half til it's time to labor? What cha think guys? Yeah I'm a genius. You can thank me for solving this problem.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sog7dc said:

@mrdecepticonleader: If woman can kill

Men Gould be able to abandon

IMO

If women can kill what? Having an abortion does not constitute as murder.

Moderate conservatism ftw! How bout we can abort only the lower half of the baby and keep the upper half til it's time to labor? What cha think guys? Yeah I'm a genius. You can thank me for solving this problem.

Ha ha you certainly are :)

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@warlock360: Ok then what if he did where protection? And still got her preg? He should able to abandon

the odds are so miniscule... but suppose it were so if that were the case and they both protected then she would probably not want it either.