#1  Edited By dawnone

do the refine their strength by doing exercises like we do

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'm pretty sure all-out survival and doing it everyday is an exercise.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

They don't really need to given that in the wild your options tend to be chasing down prey or running for your life.

IHateAnimu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By IHateAnimu
No Caption Provided

It's technically working out.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Mammal juveniles play. I think this is more for cognitive development than physical development. Other than that I think wild animals will conserve as much energy as possible.

Masker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Masker

i'm no expert but no, i don't think so... they wouldn't want to waste their energy like that, i think they just follow their instinct 100%

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

surviving in the wild is generally their work out

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By VashtaNerada88

@dawnone: Well felines (cat species) actively sharpen/hone their claws. It's not push ups/curls but it is developing their body, even if it's not really muscular development. There are one or two other species that seem to do physical "training" but i guess it could just as easily be called recreational playing.

Such as, Rams smashing into each other that is definitely a workout considering they don't use their horns for anything other than sport/self defense. there are a few others that come to mind like them.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just being alive out there is work out. We wouldn't have to work out to stay healthy if we had to walk everywhere, or hunt for our own food, or if we didn't sit in front of tiny electric boxes for hours on end.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They don't really need to given that in the wild your options tend to be chasing down prey or running for your life.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By dshipp17

Actually, yes they do, at least in some cases; look at documentaries on Animal Planet such as Big Cat Diary; that's what lions are doing, when they claw on trees. And, in the case of chimps and orangutans, they spar with one another (and, they climb trees all day in various positions of amazing dexterity) and they're at least 5 times more powerful than the strongest humans.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Bruxae

No they don't. They get their muscle from living life - some animals can produce more chemicals (forgot the name) to naturally increase in mass if under stressful conditions. Ever had a cat and then brought a dog into the home? I swear they turn into mini hulks for a while, at least some of them do.

@dshipp17 said:

Actually, yes they do, at least in some cases; look at documentaries on Animal Planet such as Big Cat Diary; that's what lions are doing, when they claw on trees. And, in the case of chimps and orangutans, they spar with one another (and, they climb trees all day in various positions of amazing dexterity) and they're at least 5 times more powerful than the strongest humans.

That's not working out it's practice fighting. And sharpening claws in the case of the lion.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@bruxae said:

No they don't. They get their muscle from living life - some animals can produce more chemicals (forgot the name) to naturally increase in mass if under stressful conditions. Ever had a cat and then brought a dog into the home? I swear they turn into mini hulks for a while, at least some of them do.

@dshipp17 said:

That's not working out it's practice fighting. And sharpening claws in the case of the lion.

Unless you consider a nail file gym equipment the tree thing doesn't really count.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

House cats work out in the sense that when they have a lot of energy they will sprint around constantly for 10 min or so. Its built into a lot of animals dna I think to work off energy through exercising/playing.

xNahtebx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By xNahtebx

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Yes, they do.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm pretty sure all-out survival and doing it everyday is an exercise.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This kangaroo looks like he spends some time hitting the gym

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ That kangaroo has more testosterone than all of comicvine put together. I am jelly of those gains. That said...

Animals are people too you know.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

^ That kangaroo has more testosterone than all of comicvine put together. I am jelly of those gains.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This kangaroo looks like he spends some time hitting the gym

Sad thing is someone probably shot him up with steroids.