Demon Possession or Alien Abduction?

• 96 results
Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Alien abduction. This doesn't mean that they will kill me or hurt me, meanwhile possession can do worst things to me or the people that I care.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reno117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

:/

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Reno117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reno117: What does the face mean?

I feel sad that people say better demon possessed rather than abducted..
They have no single idea on what it truly means..

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reno117: I agree. Sadly a lot of people glamorize demons now a days. They don't see demons as being purely evil abominations. People don't even believe in evil anymore, so it has very little impact on their imaginations.

Reno117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reno117: I agree. Sadly a lot of people glamorize demons now a days. They don't see demons as being purely evil abominations. People don't even believe in evil anymore, so it has very little impact on their imaginations.

Damn right you are, wow.
100% Correct!

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather be kidnapped (and probably mind-wiped in the end; no foul) than possessed by an evil spirit, which I imagine to be a torturous experience on more levels than I can fathom

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59 the_stegman  Moderator

@reno117 said:
@naamah_obyzouth said:

Damn right you are, wow.

100% Correct!

Whether you believe in demons or not, the thought of being completely taken over by a being of pure malovence is terrifying to me. Trapped, unable to escape and hurting those you love.

Whenever I think of demonic possession, I think of two things.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda think you'd be more likely to repel the demon by force of will than escape the alien's clutches, so possession for me.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By reactor

@alphaq said:

I kinda think you'd be more likely to repel the demon by force of will than escape the alien's clutches, so possession for me.

You = human. Demon (really, any spiritual life-form) = superhuman.

Way I see it, if you get possessed in the first place, you aren't kicking it out on your own, otherwise you'd never have been taken over to begin with.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Why not both?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor: Eh, I know it's unlikely but who knows. Still possession though, cause I'd imagine you might be unconscious for the experience whereas the aliens would probably torture to see how you'd react.

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: The host soul is either in Hell. In some form of limbo, or is eradicated. Based on the sources on the subject matter as it partains to fictional events. This is based on movies, TV shows, books, and comics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Alien abduction. Least I won't be able to hurt anyone.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#67  Edited By Zetsu-San

@naamah_obyzouth said:

You do realize that the image of the "seductive" demon is a pretty ancient one. Furthermore, the key of Solomon has them as almost like fair folk, not fully evil and sometimes even helpful when summoned.

panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

neither.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on how bad the Aliens would probe/torture me.

Was going to post the video to the probing scene in "Fire in the Sky" but I can't bring myself to do it XD.

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: Some of the demons from ancient texts were less evil than others, but none of them were what I would consider "good".

And none of the demons that possess human hosts, are "good" it's a pretty safe bet, that a demon that possesses human hosts is inherently "evil".

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Alien abduction. Least I won't be able to hurt anyone.

Unless you harm the aliens that abducted you.

HAMMER_OF_J2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alien abduction. Maybe getting probed isn't to bad??

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Zetsu-San

@naamah_obyzouth: My avatar is a demon using a human meat suit. He's not evil, in fact the human host is the one you should be scared of.

Also you're wrong. A lot of demons are actually pagan deities (lucifer = roman god of fortune. Astaroth = Sumerian/Babylonian/Egyptian goddess of fertility). In the original story God wanted to wipe out humanity, and the serpent from Eden was the one who warned Noah. Lillith refused to have sex with Adam, and so God told Adam to rape her. The "devil" rescued and married her.

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: B.S. Get away from me with that garbage.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Zetsu-San

@naamah_obyzouth: lol it's the truth. I hate to break it to ya, but Christianity is at it's core a corruption of older mythologies.

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: Each mythology is unique. They are fictional characters created by different civilizations. Even if they were based on other mythologies, they are still different. And this is based on whichever mythology I say it is, because I created the thread. OP gets to set the rules, and this is based on Demons, not Gods. I will allow Christain or Jewish mythology but not everything ever contrived.

pinmanguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alien abduction because even if it's horrible at least you get to see aliens

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alien abduction because even if it's horrible at least you get to see aliens

Which kinds of Aliens would you like to see?

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: Dude, I think you've been on the internet too long. For one, the Devil is unnamed in the Bible. Lucifer comes from "morning star" or "day star", and other (also unnamed) angels have had the title. In short, and in spite of popular fiction, that's not the Devil's name.

Two, there is no "Lilith" in the Bible (not in the sense yo believe, at least), that was made up as Jewish folklore around 650-700 ce or so, and then just really took off during the Middle Ages, around 1000-1200 ce.

And really, that shouldn't be surprising, either. Most of the Biblical history with the Jews highlighted they had major issues with mixing religious customs, even when they were ordered not to. This is likely the same, since the character of Lilith bears similarities to some Mesopotamian/Akkadian mythological figures.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor: I didn't say that "Lucifer" was in the bible, I was pointing out that a lot of "demons" used by Christianity are bastardized pagan deities.

I didn't say Lillith was in the bible either, I was pointing out how things played out in the older stories.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Zetsu-San

@naamah_obyzouth said:

@zetsumoto: Each mythology is unique. They are fictional characters created by different civilizations. Even if they were based on other mythologies, they are still different. And this is based on whichever mythology I say it is, because I created the thread. OP gets to set the rules, and this is based on Demons, not Gods. I will allow Christain or Jewish mythology but not everything ever contrived.

Then what about demons as described in the Key of Solomon and the lesser Key of Solomon? Or beings such as the Succubus? That's all Hebrew/Jewish mythology.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Alien abduction. If you are abducted by aliens, there is no guarantee that you will be harmed in any way. Maybe you'll get lucky and you'll actually enjoy the experience. If you are possessed by a demon, you could experience time in the pain and agony of Hell and put your loved ones very lives at stake. NOTHING good can come out of possession.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Alien abduction. It seems a lot easier to deal with when compared to possession. When a demon takes up residence in your body, it's not leaving without a fight, so...besides, with aliens maybe you'll get free HBO.

No Caption Provided

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

@zetsumoto: I think you are incredibly mislead into thinking that these demons were good. Where are you getting your information, because at least two of the Succubi were known to cause epilepsy in children, and one was known to suck people's souls out.

Lilith and Naamah had Demon children with Samuel and with Adam during the 150 year separation he spent away from Eve which was a result from when Cain murdered Abel.

Which Demon's are you under the impression were "good" and where are you getting this impression from, what is your source material?

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: The whole point to this thread is less about demons and more about monsters anyways. So I would really prefer if stopped derailing the topic with unnecessary discussion about mythology.

The point of this thread is a simple psychological connudrum. Would you rather be internally, or externally tormented?

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Zetsu-San

@naamah_obyzouth: Succubi were mostly just attributed to wet dreams in a society where sexuality was sinful. They really didn't do much other than that. I'd like to see your sources on the epilepsy and soul stealing as far as I am aware, soul-stealing and succubi is a rather modern concept.

No demons were described as being good. However, there is something called "values dissonance". For example, succubi causing wet dreams in a puritan culture would be considered evil. In modern times, wet dreams are a rather benign phenomina.

You mentioned Samael, but his status as demon or angel of god is quite inconsistent. Sometime's he's an angel sent by god to punish sinners, and sometimes he is the devil.

----

"The point of this thread is a simple psychological conundrum. Would you rather be internally, or externally tormented?"

I already answered that. Between mind rape and butt rape I choose mind rape.

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: Naamah and Lilith are described as causing Epilpsy in the Zohar. (Zohar 3:76b-77a)

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naamah_obyzouth: http://jewishchristianlit.com/Topics/Lilith/seductress.html

I am not seeing anything there that resembles epilepsy. The language is a bit confusing as as some of the terms are used as literally some of the time and a figure of speech in the. Lillith in this passage is stealing Incubus children from human women, which in a physical sense is death. However, the paraphrase specifically says that Naamah does not have this attribute.

the following passages Lilith is revealed in her role as succubus. Her job in this guise is to sleep with men (which they experience as wet dreams), or otherwise collect their semen. Then she becomes pregnant from them and bears demonic children. This process begins with Adam who attempts celibacy for a period of time. That separation from his wife leaves him vulnerable to Lilith (and Naamah, who functions similarly). There may, in this, be an underlying invective against the practice of celibacy as part of religious dedication. Celibacy was obviously a part of Christianity at the time and the story teller may hope to prevent its catching on in Jewish circles. Lilith may also collect semen even from the marriage bed, though. The sage must be careful to ensure that she is denied access to the bedroom through both proper modesty and the performance of prophylactic rituals. Naamah, like Lilith, is a demon-seductress. In that sense their roles appear identical. Naamah, however, doesn't have Lilith's baby-stealer(/corrupter) role.
Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, these are not cute Demons, these are the bad kind of Demons.

No Caption Provided

Very bad things are going to happen to people that don't run away from you.

Which film is this from?

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: Naamah and Lilith work as a team. Sure it could be said that Lilith does the dirty work, but Naamah is not innocent or "good"

She is a sexual demon that is ignited by acts of evil, she is a mother of the "plagues of mankind" just as Lilith is. Naamah primes the pump so to say, so that Lilith can execute her evil plans of stealing children.

Naamah seduces men. Lilith kills the children of these men after which. Unless the men remain strong in faith. So the overall point is one of scare tactics towards the followers for sure. Still it doesn't change the fact that Naamah is working with Lilith. She knows what her sister is up too, and she even makes her dark acts possible to begin with.

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abduction any day.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Demon Possession.

Who knows waht those dang aliens would do to me. I don't wanna get anal probed like Cartman

~MiB

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#95  Edited By The Impersonator

Demons are uncontrollable creatures. They take over your body, which forces you to do nasty things. At the same time, it's painful.

Alien experiments may be painful. But the good thing is that the aliens will bring you back to Earth, as if nothing happened. However, you'll have nightmares, which forces you to do nasty things. At the same, it's painful.

Therefore, I would rather not be part of demonic possession or alien abduction.

theik2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alien abduction. I want to help Aliens learn more about humans.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Umm...no thanks?

Avatar image for thesilentripper
TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points