DBZ vs Steven Universe Mafia; Game on

Wispymatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This was a very fun game I wish my kill would have worked on more people but overall I had fun. I have a Mafia game planned out for next game when I get time hopefully in a week unless some else has one planned.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I had fun. And I was an overpowered evil game boss!!!

StormKing1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one anticipating Mister Whisper's rant????

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I wonder if he's going to complain more about me having killed him..

Can't wait to see it!

captaincrazyj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#956  Edited By captaincrazyj

@primez0ne:

As piccolo I had the ability that if my team mate attacked another team mate then I could redirect the attack to the other team. Also, I had an attack that took a night to "charge" and had a 50% chance of not getting stopped by block or protect abilities.

Once I got the powers I tried to figure out who to target and what members of my team were left. By the time I did, team SU laid out a plan that basically wouldn't let me do much except hurt my own team.

So yeah...that kind of sucked but what ya gonna do? Haha :)

Again sorry for not being of much help lol

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Almost forgot to shout out @dr_deplorable for his cleverness lol.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr_deplorable: Yeah, like you didn't try to purposely make it so your team couldn't use abilities with Pearl(cause you misunderstood how it worked) and then gave a reveal to see if you could kill yourself off.~ But, you failed in both attempts, so it's fine, no?~ o;

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@queen_marceline: I tried that on a random player! How was it supposed to know they were on my team!?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr_deplorable said:

@queen_marceline: I tried that on a random player! How was it supposed to know they were on my team!?

Yeah, sure..

And I quote;

Dr. Deplorable;Yes.. he won't be able to use it in time.. and then he won't be able to act the next night!!! MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHH

Dr. Deplorable;So livewyre can't act the next night?

Me;That's only if they use their ability twice lel

Dr. Deplorable;You should've said that before I used it!!!!!!!!!! >:0

Honestly, if you're going to try and cause some shit, at least try to do it decently :T

Mafia shenanigans sure have lost their quality lately...

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#967  Edited By Dr_Deplorable

@queen_marceline: Oh you're so full of Sh*t.. I clearly didn't know what team he was on, and I tried to use a poor ability to help my team..

You know what's taking mafias "down hill". Mother F*ckers who abandon their team and goals everytime to do whatever entertains them the most. Even when it's not clever when it's just pointless. And it frustrates the people who actually really try to win. It disrespect the GM and everyone playing. Its an act that says " i don't care about the work that was put into this or everyone else playing. I'm gonna knock over your blocks and laugh while doing it"

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me for the next one lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me for the next one lol

Assuming anyone is going to be ready any time soon...

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be training in the mountains meditating on the nature of Gifs and on the true meaning of "gitting gud" for the next epic battle.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@queen_marceline: Rant on.

1. You changed up the priority order that has always been established for no apparent reason.

You put blocking before stunning, that meant that nothing could stop a protector from getting a chance to protect their target.

This is doubly unbalancing when you have someone like Goku who not only protects himself automatically but someone else as well.

The only reason that Goku died at all is because for some unknown reason, he did not use his ability one night.

this leads to point 2.

2. Vagueness

You did not announce every time an ability failed, and when you did you never really said why.

This makes it very hard to strategist around when we only know what happened and not why.

Some people's abilities also do not do what it says they did on the character description.

3. Leaving out VERY important information.

This is one of the big ones. YOU DID NOT EVEN TELL EVERYONE THE RULES WHEN THE GAME STARTED.

On top of that, you only told certain people in a PM vital rules information because "they asked" ex. when I pointed out that their were only 2 ways to kill the SD all you ever said was "no their are 6 ways" it was not until I specifically pointed out that you never once said some of the ways to kill them that you said that you just told certain people that asked in PM's. That just makes it look like you really wanted the SD to win or you are just are just trying to stack the deck at least.

Also, for some reason in this game, completely contradictory to the 20 plus Mafia games that have been run on this site, being stunned AND being unable to use any abilities for the night does not stop a nightly kill, AND it was never mentioned in the rules anywhere that this fundamental rule of the game had been changed.

Honestly, this just seemed like some bullshit excuse to get me killed, so their was no resurrect person to stand in the SD way.

4. Team balance.

1/4 of the DBZ team had a way to be unkillable at night and not a single person on the SU team had a way to kill someone who was protected.

Also on the priority list Switching, which in my opinion is possibly the best ability in the game, is second, which is normally fine. However, only team DBZ had someone who could switch.

Goku and Whoever had Azure Wings had the double defense ability, but the SU person made it where the person protected could not use abilities.

Pearl was just crazy weak compared to just about everyone else, the fact that it increased the cooldown when she doubled abilities could honestly hurt you more than help in some areas.

The only reason that team DBZ did not coast to victory was because one of their own team sabotaged them and Goku screwed up big one night.

5. Randomness

I understand that you love chaos and want everything to just be "amusing" but their are far too many people with abilities that were either random targeted or % chance to work or not, that just leaves FAR too much room for the GM to screw someone over and just say it was random.

Along the same lines, the idea of making inactive use their abilities one night for some reason was ridiculous.

I will cut you some slack because this was your first time running a game but some of the changes were just very bad ideas.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one anticipating Mister Whisper's rant????

You should have been there the time I almost got arrested for pulling Jeremy Crawford over a table and was about to kick the crap out of him over him being a DBag while designing 5th edition D&D

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So who's making the next one... whomever does put naruto in it

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne said:

@misterwhisper: Who sabotaged our team?

I assumed he meant unintentionally. If that's the case he might mean Krillin.

BTW, nice rant Whisper.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indomitableregal: it is a skill honed on 20 years of tabletop rpg gaming and 15 years of game design.

StormKing1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterwhisper: That sounds pretty epic, but how bad could he have been to deserve that if you'd actually gone through with it?

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was a very fun game I wish my kill would have worked on more people but overall I had fun. I have a Mafia game planned out for next game when I get time hopefully in a week unless some else has one planned.

Tag me when yours is ready

Wispymatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redbird3rdboywonder: Mine will probably be ready tomorrow or the day after but I will tag you when it's ready