Dak Prescott Overrated

Beast_mode999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok the Cowboys are good team... the best team? absolutely not, the best team they've played so far are the mediocre Redskins. Just wait until they play teams like New England, the Broncos, or Seattle because they are going to get Rolfstomped.

But people need to stop acting Like Dak Prescott is the reason the Cowboys are winning or that he is comparable to Brady, Wilson, or even Griffin because even Griffin before he was hurt was more impressive than Prescott...

The Cowboys are winning because of two things.

1. Ezekiel Elliott is unstoppable

2. Dez Bryant has always ben outstanding

3. And their offensive line gives Dak like 5 whole seconds to pic out a receiver or make a play or get the yardage needed to make a first down or advance the ball.

And while I'm on topic Dallas has the easiest schedule this year

Green bay

Eagles

Browns

Redskins

Ravens

Steelers

Bengals

Bears

And the lost to the Giants

They are only number one because the play sorry or average teams

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By jumpstart55

While i do agree the he is being sightly over-credited by the media especially.... But i,m sorry Dak Prescott certainly deserves his dues, the dude is a beast...And Ezekiel Elliott/Dak Prescoot are like best new Running Back/Quarterback combo in years...Certainly the best pair ive ever seen in terms of rookies...His accuracy and completion is mind-blowing...And sadly i think the footballs gods gave us this new talent in exchange for Aaoron Rodgers talent..R.I.P

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Lol, nah. I agree he shouldn't be getting ALL the credit, but he ain't overrated. The kid is playing too good.

And let's not act like Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cincy, and Green Bay are some scrub teams on the level of Cleveland, or Jacksonville. At the time when Dallas played and beat them, they were playing good Football.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's fair to say that he's at least a good QB. Dallas had a really good offensive line last season, yet still had terrible QB play. Short of 2014 Romo, Dak is a lot better than anyone they've had recently.

Beast_mode999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, nah. I agree he shouldn't be getting ALL the credit, but he ain't overrated. The kid is playing too good.

And let's not act like Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cincy, and Green Bay are some scrub teams on the level of Cleveland, or Jacksonville. At the time when Dallas played and beat them, they were playing good Football.

Lol these teams are doing terrible this year.... the Redskins (my home team) beat two of them and I'm not afraid to say that the Skins are Mediocre at best with the exception of that damn Kicker

While i do agree the he is being sightly over-credited by the media especially.... But i,m sorry Dak Prescott certainly deserves his dues, the dude is a beast...And Ezekiel Elliott/Dak Prescoot are like best new Running Back/Quarterback combo in years...Certainly the best pair ive ever seen in terms of rookies...His accuracy and completion is mind-blowing...And sadly i think the footballs gods gave us this new talent in exchange for Aaoron Rodgers talent..R.I.P

I'm not downplaying Prescott but he isn't the main reason for the Cowboys success. I'd put Elliot over him any day.

DaDivineKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Absolute cancer.

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By captain_inverse

@beast_mode999: i disagree, he is not overrated, just getting too much of a spotlight from everyone. He is good but he is a rookie, just like Carson Wentz he will hit that "rookie wall" and you will begin to see him begin to slow down.

Players just don't know what to expect from rookies at first, but it doesn't take long to read how a rookie plays. He IS (imo) showing better improvement than most rookies and Dallas made a good choice having Romo step down.

I honestly look at Prescott like how Rothlisberger was when he came into the game.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8 Lunacyde  Moderator

@peterparkerjr:

Cincy has won like 3 games this season total, the Steelers were on a significant losing streak when they played the Cowboys, and so were the Packers.

I think the OP is over exaggerating a bit, but the Cowboys aren't untouchable and if you gave any quarterback the assets Dak is working with they would be pretty impressive.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PeterParkerJr

@lunacyde:

Green Bay was like 3-1 when they played Dallas. Pittsburgh's losing streak wasn't anything crazy either. And Cincy was 2-2. My point is they weren't who they are at the moment. And all 3 were playoff teams a year ago.

I agree with your other statement though. Tony could've easily flourished with this offense too. In fact he's done so on a number of occasions.

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People on CV know nothing about football. Y'all should stick to discussing comics, but some of you aren't good at that either.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lunacyde  Moderator

@peterparkerjr: You're right about Green Bay...their 4 game losing streak came after losing to Dallas. I misremembered that. However, I was right about the Steelers. Their loss against Dallas was their 4th straight.

Regardless they're a tough team, but anything can happen in the playoffs. I'm excited see what happens. It's way too early to say how this will turn out.

Prototypehydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Eagles fan here. I agree.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde:

I agree. They're a tough team. Do you feel like they'll get exposed in the playoffs? To me, everything is going a little too good for them. I think they're gonna run into a Buzzsaw. Don't know who, but someone's gonna knock them off.

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony:

you honestly think they would be doing this well on a team like the jaguars?

This is a terrible argument, and you know it.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Revan-

Haters. We all know he'll be MVP when he wins the Super Bowl this year.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lunacyde  Moderator

I think their biggest asset is their run game. The run game gets more and more valuable as the season goes on. Zeke shows no signs of slowing down right now, but he does have a heavy load. I think it depends upon how he holds up and how their defense plays heading into the playoffs. If teams can force Dak to win the game I think there's a chance for an upset, especially if Dallas gets cocky. I think that Seattle matches up well against them so I'm looking forward to that game.

I think there's more teams in the AFC I could see taking them down than NFC teams.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lunacyde  Moderator

@rey_everdeen: I don't think it is. You can't consider how they are playing outside the context of the team around them. Dallas has arguably the best O-line in the league and a number of offensive weapons a team like Jacksonville could never provide.

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: @lunacyde: I understand what you two are saying, but succeeding in sports = playing on good teams. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and other greats had/have this privilege too.

I don't get why people are constantly using it against Dak.

DaDivineKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can put peak Rodgers, or Tom Terrific on the Jaguars team, and they wouldn't be all that great either, at least, their stats and such, won't say so.

So overall, it is a terrible argument, that wouldn't only apply to Dak and 'Zeke.

DaDivineKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DaDivineKing

@Lunacyde:

"Exaggerating a bit" is an understatement. The Cowboys at this point can has a good chance at besting any team in the NFL. To say SEA, NE, or DE, would stomp them outright is laughable.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's a good quarterback but I think he gets too much credit when he has a fantastic O-line

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony:

don't be so defensive man.

Uhhhhhhh, what?

but people are overrating him a lot saying he is better than jameis and should get MVP.

Saying he's better than Jameis isn't overrating him, neither is saying Dak winning MVP given the fact the award doesn't always go to the best player, plus wins obviously have something to do with it.

I agree that people are overrating him, but the points you made are downright awful.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@deronn_solo said:

You can put peak Rodgers, or Tom Terrific on the Jaguars team, and they wouldn't be all that great either, at least, their stats and such, won't say so.

So overall, it is a terrible argument, that wouldn't only apply to Dak and 'Zeke.

I never said it only applied to those two. I'm saying that it is hard to tell just how good Dak is when he is on such a stacked offense. He's a rookie who has been given a chance on a superstar offensive team. If you give any starting quarterback in the NFL the best offensive line, a monster running back, one of the best receivers in the league, and one of the most productive tight ends in the past decade, they are very likely to succeed. Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers have proven over time with dozens of different players surrounding them that they have what it takes to be considered among the best. Dak might prove himself to be on that level some day, but you cannot tell me that right now, barely over half way into his first season that we know whether he is going to be a superstar or not. Time and adversity will tell.

As for the Jaguars, Blake Bortles almost has almost as many yards and does have more touchdowns than Dak, yet nobody is jumping on the Blake Bortles hype train. Dak is being hyped because the Cowboys are winning, not because of the stats he is putting up. He is doing a great job staying focused and playing within the system, but he has yet to put the team on his shoulders in a moment of adversity and carry them to a win like Rodgers or Brady have done numerous times. That is why I think it is important to stay in context when talking about Dak. He has a lot of potential, but we have yet to see him really challenged.

@deronn_solo said:

@Lunacyde:

"Exaggerating a bit" is an understatement. The Cowboys at this point can has a good chance at besting any team in the NFL. To say SEA, NE, or DE, would stomp them outright is laughable.

Yeah, well I completely disagree with the OP. I must not have fully read his post because I didn't notice him saying roflstomp. I never said anything about anyone stomping the Cowboys. I said I agree that they are largely untested to a degree and we have yet to see how they will handle adversity and pressure. I also said I could possibly see them getting cocky and being upset, but I never said it would be easy. In a close game I could see them possibly being taken down by a number of teams, most notably Seattle, New England, Kansas City, Oakland, New York (Giants), Denver and possibly the Dolphins. Unfortunately they will only face one of these AFC teams if they make the Superbowl.

Of their remaining games all have the potential to spoil, but the Giants are the only REALLY legitimate threat, though the Buccaneers are hot right now. I think it will be a whole new ballgame in the playoffs though.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MAZAHS117

Nah. I mean he has some very nice luxuries on the offensive side of the ball (O-line, Zeke, Dez, Beasley, Witten), but he's still playing very smart for a Rook and is a dual threat himself.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nay-Sayers! How bout them Cowboys!?

Loading Video...

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't say overrated but knowing Cowboy fans as soon as he starts messing up they'll turn on him.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lunacyde  Moderator

Idk, I think we saw some chinks in their armor against the Vikings.