Cryptozoologic Thread

BKole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 6

#151  Edited By BKole

The Lochness thing looks to me like it could be a Whale as well, the characterisitic is that of like, a smaller Whale coming to the surface. There are certain species, who's name escapes me now, who's surface profiles are so tiny they look like other stuff.

But I gotta say, I love Crytozoology, having a kean interesting and qualification in Zoology myself, Crytpozoology is awesome. On a random comic related note, anyone here read Proof? Thats a great comic!

Avatar image for captain_holland
Captain Holland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#152  Edited By Captain Holland
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"OMFG Sonnova... This is so freaky. Its the same house that reds posted earlier. Different area.. The girl looks like she is bleeding. its creepy as hell...

"

wow havent seen this one in a while ^_^
and it still scares me o_0
Avatar image for captain_holland
Captain Holland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Captain Holland

ghost`s are cool
here is a clip from my favorite ghost show (isn't it everybody`s fav ghost show?) ^_^ 
Sci Fi Channels, Ghost Hunters season 4 the fear cage look closely at the picture frame it still puzzles me to this day 0_o

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#154  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Cryptozoology is the opposite of science. I watch MonsterQuest religiously, to laugh. Cryptozoology is like Intelligent Design. They have no solid evidence, just things they claim to be evidence. They also do the whole science testing backwords. They start with an idea they tell the world is true, then try and gather evidence furthermore proving their theory. If there is no evidence, they have an excuse and say, "It's still out there." If you're one of those real scientists, your theories change because of the data collected and analysation, theories always change, psuedoscience (Cryptozoology, Homioapathy, Reflexology) never does. This garbage is in the same boat as people who think the moon landing was faked. The world isn't this complicated folks, and there's a lot more cooler things going on in the world of science, but most of you (you as the American public) are too lazy to look it up.

Desilation
said:

"Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Precise, but they havent searched all of Loch Ness. there are underwater caves and such that they cant explore. And the water is too murky. They cant search the entire lake at the same time. You have to look at it this way. They search one part of the lake one day. and then another the next, but who's to say that in the time it takes them to move to the other part of the lake, the creature hasnt moved?"

yeah good point and scientifically speaking there isn't any food source that the creature can eat to support it "
Oh man! Des said something I agree with! Scientist, real ones, not cryptos, have tried out numerous theories on whether the monster could actually live there, and no, nothing that large can. Because it's huge, and has to eat, not enough food to support it.

Also, you know the two guys who started this whole thing? The ones who took this picture...

You all know one of them came out and said it was a fake? Right? the guy who started it as a joke with a toy submarine (or boat) and some clay. If the guy who started this faked it, everyone else probably did.
Desilation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Desilation

thank you

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

you are welcome

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan
inferiorego said:
"Cryptozoology is the opposite of science. I watch MonsterQuest religiously, to laugh. Cryptozoology is like Intelligent Design. They have no solid evidence, just things they claim to be evidence. They also do the whole science testing backwords. They start with an idea they tell the world is true, then try and gather evidence furthermore proving their theory. If there is no evidence, they have an excuse and say, "It's still out there." If you're one of those real scientists, your theories change because of the data collected and analysation, theories always change, psuedoscience (Cryptozoology, Homioapathy, Reflexology) never does. This garbage is in the same boat as people who think the moon landing was faked. The world isn't this complicated folks, and there's a lot more cooler things going on in the world of science, but most of you (you as the American public) are too lazy to look it up.

Desilation
said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Precise, but they havent searched all of Loch Ness. there are underwater caves and such that they cant explore. And the water is too murky. They cant search the entire lake at the same time. You have to look at it this way. They search one part of the lake one day. and then another the next, but who's to say that in the time it takes them to move to the other part of the lake, the creature hasnt moved?"

yeah good point and scientifically speaking there isn't any food source that the creature can eat to support it "
Oh man! Des said something I agree with! Scientist, real ones, not cryptos, have tried out numerous theories on whether the monster could actually live there, and no, nothing that large can. Because it's huge, and has to eat, not enough food to support it.

Also, you know the two guys who started this whole thing? The ones who took this picture...

You all know one of them came out and said it was a fake? Right? the guy who started it as a joke with a toy submarine (or boat) and some clay. If the guy who started this faked it, everyone else probably did."

You know some creatures that were once labeled as Cryptids have been found right? The Platypus, Coelacanth, the okapi, and so many others. Yes its not really a branch of science but without it some of the stuff thought to be out there, wouldnt have been proven found. I honestly don't see that the Lochness Monster being found. But it makes one hell of a story. I simply think that sometimes the unbelievable can be found, if that makes sense.

And by saying that the American public is too lazy to look things up is simply rude and insensible. Whats wrong with having different beleifs? Simply because my own aren't the same as yours makes me lazy? Really when you come up with a much more sensible arguement, post it. Because so far I find yours lacking in substance.

By the way, I dont think the Lunar landing was faked at all. Even I trust our scientists more then that.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"inferiorego said:
"Cryptozoology is the opposite of science. I watch MonsterQuest religiously, to laugh. Cryptozoology is like Intelligent Design. They have no solid evidence, just things they claim to be evidence. They also do the whole science testing backwords. They start with an idea they tell the world is true, then try and gather evidence furthermore proving their theory. If there is no evidence, they have an excuse and say, "It's still out there." If you're one of those real scientists, your theories change because of the data collected and analysation, theories always change, psuedoscience (Cryptozoology, Homioapathy, Reflexology) never does. This garbage is in the same boat as people who think the moon landing was faked. The world isn't this complicated folks, and there's a lot more cooler things going on in the world of science, but most of you (you as the American public) are too lazy to look it up.

Desilation
said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:

You all know one of them came out and said it was a fake? Right? the guy who started it as a joke with a toy submarine (or boat) and some clay. If the guy who started this faked it, everyone else probably did."

You know some creatures that were once labeled as Cryptids have been found right? The Platypus, Coelacanth, the okapi, and so many others. Yes its not really a branch of science but without it some of the stuff thought to be out there, wouldnt have been proven found. I honestly don't see that the Lochness Monster being found. But it makes one hell of a story. I simply think that sometimes the unbelievable can be found, if that makes sense.

And by saying that the American public is too lazy to look things up is simply rude and insensible. Whats wrong with having different beleifs? Simply because my own aren't the same as yours makes me lazy? Really when you come up with a much more sensible arguement, post it. Because so far I find yours lacking in substance.

By the way, I dont think the Lunar landing was faked at all. Even I trust our scientists more then that.

"
"but without it some of the stuff thought to be out there, wouldnt have been proven found" I know a decent amount about the Platypus and Okapi, nothing about the Coelacanth. Now, those two that I do know about were discovered. In the Okapi's case, it was considered a mythical creature. That was discovered almost on accident when scientists both visited a pygmy village (excuse me if some of this is moderatly off, it's been quite a while since I've gone over this stuff) and discovered the animals there. As for the Platypus, that was discovered in the late 18th century. Cryptozoology was formed in the early 1980s. The only way they could help discover the animals is if they built a time machine. You don't just believe animals exist and wait in the bushes to appear. That's what these guys do. We'll even take the Giant Squid, which is a Crypto's favorite thing to talk about. It was discovered in 2004, in Japan, by Whale Watchers, not by cryptos. It happens on accident, it's a discovery. By the way, these guys now claim that one the size of the Kraken exsists. Sadly, there's no evidence to back it up, so no deal.

As for your second paragraph: The majority of the American populous doesn't care about science. It's true, and me stating that in no way is rude. As for what's wrong with people having different beliefs? Nothing, until certain beliefs affect others in a negative way. This statement is mostly aside from Cryptology. Lets say someone is having dizzy spells. Said person has had them for many months we'll say, and instead of going to a doctor, the person follows a friends strong adive and sees a new age crystal healer. Based on the fact the friend has strong beliefs in crystal healing. The person goes to crystal healing and gets a over-priced treatment. The "healer" says it will all take effect in a few days to a month. Patient dies in that month from a brain tumor, hoping they could bank all their money into crystal healing instead of seeing a traditional doctor. As far fetched as this may sound to you, it happens more fequently then you'd think. I recommend looking into Sedonna Arizona for all your psuedoscience mumbo-jumbo, where things like this happen often. I can recommend some books or shows on the subject if you'd like.

However, being the good skeptic that I am, IF it ever comes out that any of this DOES exsist. I'll believe. Hell, I may even apologize to anyone I offended. However, I will stand by the fact that I didn't believe until concrete evidence came out.

A valid argument you say? As much as I'd love to sift through old posts of me goofing on people to somehow try and better myself in your eyes, I'll pass.
+2 points for not believing the crazies on the moon landing.
"Because so far I find yours lacking in substance"
+1 point for sassing me
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan
inferiorego said:
"but without it some of the stuff thought to be out there, wouldnt have been proven found" I know a decent amount about the Platypus and Okapi, nothing about the Coelacanth. Now, those two that I do know about were discovered. In the Okapi's case, it was considered a mythical creature. That was discovered almost on accident when scientists both visited a pygmy village (excuse me if some of this is moderatly off, it's been quite a while since I've gone over this stuff) and discovered the animals there. As for the Platypus, that was discovered in the late 18th century. Cryptozoology was formed in the early 1980s. The only way they could help discover the animals is if they built a time machine. You don't just believe animals exist and wait in the bushes to appear. That's what these guys do. We'll even take the Giant Squid, which is a Crypto's favorite thing to talk about. It was discovered in 2004, in Japan, by Whale Watchers, not by cryptos. It happens on accident, it's a discovery. By the way, these guys now claim that one the size of the Kraken exsists. Sadly, there's no evidence to back it up, so no deal.

As for your second paragraph: The majority of the American populous doesn't care about science. It's true, and me stating that in no way is rude. As for what's wrong with people having different beliefs? Nothing, until certain beliefs affect others in a negative way. This statement is mostly aside from Cryptology. Lets say someone is having dizzy spells. Said person has had them for many months we'll say, and instead of going to a doctor, the person follows a friends strong adive and sees a new age crystal healer. Based on the fact the friend has strong beliefs in crystal healing. The person goes to crystal healing and gets a over-priced treatment. The "healer" says it will all take effect in a few days to a month. Patient dies in that month from a brain tumor, hoping they could bank all their money into crystal healing instead of seeing a traditional doctor. As far fetched as this may sound to you, it happens more fequently then you'd think. I recommend looking into Sedonna Arizona for all your psuedoscience mumbo-jumbo, where things like this happen often. I can recommend some books or shows on the subject if you'd like.

However, being the good skeptic that I am, IF it ever comes out that any of this DOES exsist. I'll believe. Hell, I may even apologize to anyone I offended. However, I will stand by the fact that I didn't believe until concrete evidence came out.

A valid argument you say? As much as I'd love to sift through old posts of me goofing on people to somehow try and better myself in your eyes, I'll pass.
+2 points for not believing the crazies on the moon landing.
"Because so far I find yours lacking in substance"
+1 point for sassing me"

It's true that Cryptology was formed in the early 1980's, but the fact that there have been people out there actually doing the same thing that cryptologists do today gives it a more prominent place in my opinion. My whole arguement is simply that sometimes we need something to believe in. Things that may or may not be out there, god, or whatever. It's the fanciful side of human nature. Some things are utterly ridiculous in this branch of "not so much" science.  But there are some things, and I do believe this, that could be out there. We havent discovered everything out there. And once we stop getting the loonies who keep faking a Sasquatch sighting, or a picture of Nessie, it will be more an art of science. But how can we discover something if we dont research the sightings, or take into account things that may or may not be out there?

I know all about the new age stuff. I've actually looked into some of it for certain things. But nothing major like crystal's saving me from some unknown cancer that I do not have. Our soceity has made a turn, could it be for the worse or for the better? That remains to be seen. But there have been some things that have been proven to help even if they are very unbelievable.

My point for this final thing is, why goof on people with different beliefs, its terribly rude, and in the end makes you look like a bad person. I already see you as a great mind, so there would be no bettering yourself.
The Rider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#160  Edited By The Rider

Well said.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

I goof all the time, this is one of the few instances where I was utterly serious. The part in which you called me rude was my bash on the public for not caring about science. Mythbusters is the closest most people get to science in this country, few are willing to go out (and believe me, with today's pop culture you actually have to search) to gain incite in today's modern science.

Agree to disagree, I'm done arguing. Between this and the anti-smoker forum, I'm exhausted.

Have a lovely evening.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

But thats totally unseen. I know a few people who are very into science, and thats including myself. Sure we are only a few of todays public, but most are afraid of being labeled as geeks. And before its said, "we are on a comic site" I have noticed that the people here are not nerds at all.

Good Evening.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

There's quite a few people on here that have really caught me off guard when it comes to certain things, including those who can hold their own in an intelligent debate. The fact that their are science forums and football forums blows my mind.

bedtime

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

I do hope I am one of those xP

Goodnight :)

Tenjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#165  Edited By Tenjin

oh god I found my home....I am studying to be a Zoologist, currently I am taking a break until spring to go to Wisconsin state.the things unseen interest me as much as the seen, I study alot of big cat and larger reptiles (Tigers and Crocs specifically) but Bigfoot and its counterparts have always interested me, along with other mammalian cryptids.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
Tenjin said:
"oh god I found my home....I am studying to be a Zoologist, currently I am taking a break until spring to go to Wisconsin state.the things unseen interest me as much as the seen, I study alot of big cat and larger reptiles (Tigers and Crocs specifically) but Bigfoot and its counterparts have always interested me, along with other mammalian cryptids."
I came really close to doing that myself, good luck, it sounds like fun.
Tenjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Tenjin
inferiorego said:
"Tenjin said:
"oh god I found my home....I am studying to be a Zoologist, currently I am taking a break until spring to go to Wisconsin state.the things unseen interest me as much as the seen, I study alot of big cat and larger reptiles (Tigers and Crocs specifically) but Bigfoot and its counterparts have always interested me, along with other mammalian cryptids."
I came really close to doing that myself, good luck, it sounds like fun."
thank you and it is....but I dislike amphibians and insects (arachnids discluded) and when they teach you in the beginning it is kinda universal until you choose a field.
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

I wanted to be a biologist once. But I'm terrible at math so I gave up that little idea when I realized how much math I would have to take just to be one...

Tenjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Tenjin
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"I wanted to be a biologist once. But I'm terrible at math so I gave up that little idea when I realized how much math I would have to take just to be one..."
yaaa math isn't my strongest point either......I make up for it in my raw stupidity lol (I was at a training seminare (spelling?) and I reached into a cage without looking where the tiger cub was....dumbest thing I have ever done in my life....true story.)
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

LMFAO, I want to get involved with Falconry :D Its cool. But I've always wanted to work with animals. Again another broken dream was a Vet xP

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#171  Edited By pixelized
The Rider said:
"For everyone out there who likes those shows like MosterQuest or Destination Truth, you'll like this thread.  Here, you can post as much stuff on cryptozoology and other unexplained creatures.  Personally, stuff like Mokele-Mbembe, Loch Ness Monster, Hemi, and other creatures has always fascinated me.  Check out this footage of an actual giant squid. At about 4:09, you actually see the giant squid on camera.

"
i've seen this vid too many times and it's never gotten any easier to watch
Tenjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Tenjin
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"LMFAO, I want to get involved with Falconry :D Its cool. But I've always wanted to work with animals. Again another broken dream was a Vet xP"
i would love to be a vet but I can't even watch those abused animal commericals....I freak out when i see things like that. i wanted to be a Animal cop too but i would beat someone so hard with my billy club I would lose my job the first day.
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

Yeah I've wanted to do that too.. But I'd end up with so many cats and dogs it wouldnt be funny

The Unforgiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By The Unforgiven

Crypotzoology is interesting stuff, I just hope something one day will be discovered. There are many things that are unexplained that I wanna know, like the bloop.

This thing must be pretty big. Some scientists have said it sounds bigger than a blue whale.
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

um wow its so mysterious... nothing there

The Unforgiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By The Unforgiven

It sounds disturbing when it gets louder.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

It sounds like a distorted motor boat to me

The Unforgiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By The Unforgiven

The last time recorded were about in the late 1990's. It was concluded to be a living creature by scientists, but it is unknown what it is. There hasn't been a sound similar to that recorded ever since.

Starkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Starkiller

the bible talks about the leviathan...a huge, aquatic monster

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

Good point Ark, somethings could have existed back then and died off. Truth be told we will never know everything thats lived on our planet

Starkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Starkiller
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Good point Ark, somethings could have existed back then and died off. Truth be told we will never know everything thats lived on our planet"
i don't tihnk it died off...they're must be more than one...
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

Well what I mean is, its now extinct. The oceans back then are very different from the oceans now. If that makes sense.

Tenjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Tenjin
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Well what I mean is, its now extinct. The oceans back then are very different from the oceans now. If that makes sense."

the world had 35% oxygen rather than the present 19 to 20%....things were alot bigger including trees.
Starkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Starkiller
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Well what I mean is, its now extinct. The oceans back then are very different from the oceans now. If that makes sense."
yeah...but u can't possible think that we've seen everything that's out there...
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

Oh no I dont as can be seen in my argument on the previous page :D

Starkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Starkiller
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Oh no I dont as can be seen in my argument on the previous page :D"
ok..u better...i don't like close-minded individuals...they just creep me out...
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

LMFAO I'm very open minded as can be seen here and my Ghost thread xP

Starkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Starkiller
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"LMFAO I'm very open minded as can be seen here and my Ghost thread xP"
not the kind of open-minded i was thinking of...but....ok... (;
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#189  Edited By The_Ghostshell

The stuff on page 1 is really good. i enjoyed reading and watching it.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

Oh dear, I'm that kind of open minded too ;)

G, really o_O

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#191  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

I think most of what we havent found yet are plants/insects/stuff like that

Starkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Starkiller
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Oh dear, I'm that kind of open minded too ;)

^_^

Lunacyde said:
"I think most of what we havent found yet are plants/insects/stuff like that"
key word: most
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Kiara_Sullivan said:
G, really o_O"
Of course. That stuff is fascinating.
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

We have to give the bigger stuff credit. IF they were dumb we would have found them a long time ago. But they arent.

I know, G. Its why I follow it :D

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By The_Ghostshell

The Giant Squad video was really exciting to watch in my opinion. And I think Giant Squads are just the beginning of what may be down in the deepest parts of our Oceans.

Starkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Starkiller

last post before i go for  while, i heard a reall trippy explanation of why we haven't seen bigfoot..

this guy said that it was because, kinda like Cheshire the cat from Alice and Wonderland, Sasquatch can come in and out of the spectrum of reality...

pretty outside thinking but...i like it^^

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

haha well you never know what is under the oceans depths.....I dont think there is a lot left to find that is really big anywhere other than the ocean

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By The_Ghostshell

There are tons of unexplored forests and wilderness areas around the world. There could easily be stuff (animals/creatures) hiding in them. In my opinion :P

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Could be....im not discounting it....just strange theyve never been seen

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

I think there are alot of stuff out there that we have yet to see. Not just bugs and stuff but creatures as well. I live in the woods so I hear all kinds of strange stuff at night. Some stuff I can pick out, some I cant. People thought two headed creatures were a myth until they were discovered. I mean whats out in our world that we dont know about yet.

On an episode of Destination Truth they were in Australia looking for the Yowie (Kind like their version of the Sasquatch). The actually caught some weird stuff on film. Its all insane what we find out there. We just have to open her minds and our imagination to it. I've always wanted to start a group like Ghost Hunters or the guys on Destination truth. But that takes money :S

And Ark, thats totally insane :P