Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Fight 1 - Featherweight (145 pound) bout

McGregor.

I think would have maybe more of a chance due to his striking power for BJ 145 1bs. BJ was one of the very best off his back. And his take down defence was awesome to watch sometimes, But those assets would be redundant as I can not Imagine Conor would ever want to take him down. I think it would be a case of can Coner KO BJ before Bj Takes Conor down and mauls him and/or submits him. BJ could take Connor down, I have little doubt in that. Do not think we have seen enough of his (Conor's) takedown defence yet to know how good his take down defence is right now (or will be). It looked ok against Diaz, But diaz is not a BJ penn. That said I think Conor might have too much power.

Going with a slight edge to Conor.

Lightweight (155 pounds) bout & Welterweight (170 pounds) bout's.

BJ Penn.

He was an excellent striker and had knock out power. Add that to his ground game (So much dexterity in those legs) he would out maneuver Conor. Conor's Strength is his striking. Having to contend with someone as good as BJ was in stand up as well as be wary of getting taken down by some one as dangerous as him (BJ), I think would make Conor hesitate a little and throw of his Rhythm.

I just do not think Conor (At present anyway) could handle BJ's all round game.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WarBlade539

@flumox56: If McGregor can beat BJ at 145, he can surely beat him at 155. McGregor would only be faster and stronger at 155, because he wouldn't have to go through the strain of the hard weight-cut. He looks dehydrated at 145.

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WarBlade539: I think Conor's striking power would have more of an effect on BJ at 145. I feel BJ has (sorry had) a better all round game (obviously). But when you are as explosive and as a powerful striker as McGregor is, You always have a chance. especially if said fighter is very talented.

Conor might be slightly stronger at 155 but I do not think he would be faster if he was heavier. The bigger you are the slower you are, that doesn't change just because it is only 10 1bs difference.

JPPT1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah as Conor is very slightly stronger. As it is about being faster. If he did lose a few pounds. Plus that it could be to his advantage.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flumox56: *facepalm* You don't really understand how this works, do you? It's frustrating having to explain this so many times. I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall.

On fight day, in 145, Conor weighs around 163 lbs. That's what his own strength and conditioning coach said at an interview. At 155, the only difference is that, he would have to cut less weight. He would have to starve and dehydrate himself less, ergo he would be stronger, faster and healthier. He would also carry more mass and ergo, have more power.

Weight-cuts drain the body. You are essentially starving and dehydrating yourself, robbing your body of sustenance to reach a certain weight. It's one of the stupidest aspects of fighting. It's common f***ing knowledge that without weight-cuts, fighters perform at their very best.
Conor looks like an anorexic meth-addict when he weighs in at 145. At 155 he wouldn't have to cut much weight, so he will be performing much better.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JPPT1974 said:

Yeah as Conor is very slightly stronger. As it is about being faster. If he did lose a few pounds. Plus that it could be to his advantage.

On fight day, Conor is 163 lbs. At 155, he wouldn't have to cut much weight. Ergo better performances.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Celtic Tiger changes his bum life

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Flumox56

If McGregor can beat BJ at 145, he can surely beat him at 155.

OK. Then why the question of 3 rounds at 145, 155, and 170. If Conor wins at 145 then he must win at 155 as well (and vice versa) what is the point of the 3 rounds?. Why not just have Lightweight & Welterweight?.

*facepalm* You don't really understand how this works, do you? It's frustrating having to explain this so many times. I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall.

I would rather be wrong then a rude know-it-all tosspot. If conversing with me is such a chore and I am such a frustrating moron, Then stop tagging me. Leave me in my Ignorance to look the fool. LOL but I think you can not resist. Is that why you only pipe up on these thing 99% of the time when you can comment on someone else opinion and put them right?. Show your knowledge far out weighs theirs. Hey what ever makes you feel good.