User Lists: 0

WHY? ARGHHHHH!

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I'm guessing this is revenge for Charlie Hebdo.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

But batman....

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

In before this becomes a religion flame war

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@frozen: It's like during the Nigerian massacre when millions of people flooded the streets when white europeans died but not for the thousands of Nigerians who were massacred around the same time.

I guess you have to be white and non-Muslim for people to care about you.

Allah rahmet eylesin ve mekanlarını Cennet eylesin.

لَّذِينَ إِذَا أَصَابَتْهُم مُّصِيبَةٌ قَالُوا إِنَّا لِلَّهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RIP.

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Whether it's a hate crime or just parking, we really need to be better than this.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Whether it's a hate crime or just parking, we really need to be better than this.

But it's never going to end.

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By KritikalMassX

@kritikalmassx said:

But it's never going to end.

And unfortunately, that's the problem.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

May their souls rest in peace.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Damn that's terrible and completely unjust regardless of whether it was motivated by religion or over parking. RIP to the victims, I hope their families make it through this tragedy.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16  Edited By Claymore1998

It's good to see people on comic vine care ^_^

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#17 frozen  Moderator

May they rest in peace. And after a staunch Twitter campaign, the major media outlets have started to report it...

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Parking? Really?

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hope the fck rots.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. That status :(

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 frozen  Moderator

@consolemaster001: Seems like the Twitter backlash to the lack of media reporting worked. Not only are most major media outlets reporting it; but world leaders from Islamic countries condemned it, Obama condemned it and thousands gathered to mourn.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Bossip.com reports on black people stuff.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh ? Somebody killed Three People over Parking Spaces ?

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25 Lunacyde  Moderator

Huh ? Somebody killed Three People over Parking Spaces ?

The guy was twisted, it was just a matter of time until he snapped.

Avatar image for living_monstrosity
Living_Monstrosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny how no Muslims demand justice when jihadist bastards kill Americans. Now we're supposed to get in an uproar because some guy here killed a grand total of 3 Muslims? Get back to me when your religion apologizes for 9/11.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mickey-mouse

@living_monstrosity: Yes, because you talked to every single Muslim on the planet earth and asked them how they felt about that story. Damn your TP powers are dope son.

@frozen: They gave it decent coverage, but we all know this would have been major news if it was the other way around. Muslim kills 3 atheists.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lunacyde  Moderator

Funny how no Muslims demand justice when jihadist bastards kill Americans. Now we're supposed to get in an uproar because some guy here killed a grand total of 3 Muslims? Get back to me when your religion apologizes for 9/11.

I'm not sure who you want an apology from. maybe you should do research before spewing vitriol in ignorance.

http://kurzman.unc.edu/islamic-statements-against-terrorism/

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@living_monstrosity said:

Funny how no Muslims demand justice when jihadist bastards kill Americans.Now we're supposed to get in an uproar because some guy here killed a grand total of 3 Muslims? Get back to me when your religion apologizes for 9/11.

Actually, I think you will find the majority of Muslims do condemn Jihadists killing innocent Americans. These killings are given adequate coverage and are condemned.

Do all Muslims condemn it? No. But do most of them? Yes. Stop the hyperbole.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lunacyde  Moderator

@frozen said:

Funny how no Muslims demand justice when jihadist bastards kill Americans.Now we're supposed to get in an uproar because some guy here killed a grand total of 3 Muslims? Get back to me when your religion apologizes for 9/11.

Actually, I think you will find the majority of Muslims do condemn Jihadists killing Americans...

They do, he's just speaking from conscientious ignorance. See the link I posted above.

Living_Monstrosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@living_monstrosity: Yes, because you talked to every single Muslim on the planet earth and asked them how they felt about that story. Damn your TP powers are dope son.

Here's the difference between extremist Muslims and regular Muslims:

Extremist Muslims want to kill non-believers, whereas regular Muslims want extremist Muslims to kill non-believers.

It's a toxic militarist religion and I don't have any sympathy for it or its practitioners.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mickey-mouse

@living_monstrosity: It's a toxic militarist religion and I don't have any sympathy for it or its practitioners.

Every Muslim is a scumbag, cause you have totally talked to every single one of them and read their hearts and minds. Your soul powers are amazing man.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Lunacyde  Moderator

@lukehero said:

Extremist Muslims want to kill non-believers, whereas regular Muslims want extremist Muslims to kill non-believers.

It's a toxic militarist religion and I don't have any sympathy for it or its practitioners.

Go troll somewhere else. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@living_monstrosity: Islam is more violent than other religions in contemporary society. But Christianity also commands death to those who prey to other gods, namely Polytheistics (Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10).

The thing is that most Muslims don't follow up on the commands in the Qu'ran. Neither do most Christians either.

I don't have any sympathy for it or its practitioners.

You have no sympathy for 3 innocent Muslims who funded charities, volunteered for homeless refugees and advocated peace?

http://nypost.com/2015/02/13/charity-set-up-by-muslim-shooting-victim-raises-over-300k/

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bigotry makes me sick

Living_Monstrosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@lukehero said:

Go troll somewhere else. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

The Quran, ISIS, Al-Queda and all that don't exist then, huh?

@frozen said:

@living_monstrosity: Islam is more violent than other religions in contemporary society. But Christianity also commands death to those who prey to other gods, namely Polytheistics (Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10).

Most Muslims don't follow up on the commands in the Qu'ran. Neither do Christians.

The difference between Islam and other religions that caused countless deaths throughout history is that most other religions have gone past all that. It's only Islam that's still commanding the deaths of thousands and acting like it's the middle ages.

Bigotry makes me sick

I believe all people are equal but that doesn't mean I believe all cultures are equal. The West is obviously culturally superior to the backward religion known as Islam.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@living_monstrosity: You said that Muslims don't demand justice from Jihadists. You made an ignorant statement based on your personal emotion rather than evidence based. You then went on to say that you have no sympathy for the practitioners, despite the fact that these victims were innocent and had raised $300k for charity.

For your own sake, I hope that you meant something else with that practitioner statement because if not then you are dehumanizing an entire group of people.

Militant Islam is causing problems in the Middle-East, yes --- but it is ignorant to shift all the blame onto Islam. Much of it is due to the geopolitics; Islamic fundamentalism is a fallback, also the narcissism embedded within Zionism is a barrier to achieving peace within Middle-East.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lunacyde  Moderator
Living_Monstrosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

The Quran, ISIS, Al-Queda and all that don't exist then, huh?

Nice try, but the existence of Islamic Terror groups does not prove your ridiculous claims.

In fact the vast majority of terrorist acts are not carried out by Muslims. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/01/14/are-all-terrorists-muslims-it-s-not-even-close.html

Fantastic. Now why not compare Muslim terrorists specifically to terrorists that have a religious agenda, not just random terrorists. Fact is that these days Islam is killing more people in the name of their religion than any other religion.

@frozen said:

The thing is that most Muslims don't follow up on the commands in the Qu'ran. Neither do most Christians either.

I don't have any sympathy for it or its practitioners.

You have no sympathy for 3 innocent Muslims who funded charities, volunteered for homeless refugees and advocated peace?

http://nypost.com/2015/02/13/charity-set-up-by-muslim-shooting-victim-raises-over-300k/

The religion of peace, sure. Muslims are killing people in the name of Islam to this day and they use the words of their religion as reasoning.

Quran (3:56) "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Quran (4:89) - "They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks."

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Quran (9:5) - "So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them."

Quran (9:14) - "Fight against them so that Allah will punish them by your hands and disgrace them and give you victory over them and heal the breasts of a believing people."

Quran (9:30) - "And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!"

http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/quran/verses/003-qmt.php#003.151

The worst crazy Christians/Catholics do these days is hold signs that say God hates gay people. Islam is still burning people alive in cages and beheading.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even blink at stuff like this anymore. This is the type of stuff I expect nowadays. Something crazy like this is always happening.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Lunacyde  Moderator

Fantastic. Now why not compare Muslim terrorists specifically to terrorists that have a religious agenda, not just random terrorists. Fact is that these days Islam is killing more people in the name of their religion than any other religion.

That still doesn't mean that Islam, or non-extremist Muslims have anything to do with it. Your assertion is that somehow the whole group is to blame when a fraction of one percent of all Muslims are extremists/terrorists/murder people. Desperate individuals of any religion or culture will turn to violence and find reasons to justify it. That doesn't make their religion or culture to blame.

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

That still doesn't mean that Islam, or non-extremist Muslims have anything to do with it. Your assertion is that somehow the whole group is to blame when a fraction of one percent of all Muslims are extremists/terrorists/murder people. Desperate individuals of any religion or culture will turn to violence and find reasons to justify it. That doesn't make their religion or culture to blame.

The thing is, most Muslims are in favor of making Sharia law the official law of their country which is exactly the same thing as forcing their religion on people. This is called a theocracy.

Look up Sharia Law. Then look here at; http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/.

It does make their religion to blame; from the Quran; The Cow: 2:193: And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrong-doers.

This is saying that Muslims must fight until everyone is a Muslim. This is absurd!

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deathstroke_terminater
deathstroke_terminater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lel, I'm going to drink beer and laugh my ass off as humanity tears itself apart with its own stupidity

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@living_monstrosity: Again, you are proving yourself to be woefully ignorant. Nice try at attempting to paint me as a religious apologist, to clarify I am an Agnostic-Atheist and Anti-Theist. I know monotheistic religions command violence, I've rigorously criticized Islam, but this isn't the point. The majority of American Muslims don't actually follow through with the commands. There are hideous verses, and when these verses are followed, they are not followed by the vast majority of Muslims --- the truth is that most religious followers cherry-pick their religion; if every single Muslim followed the text exactly, I can assure you that you would not be alive as we speak.

The victims in this shooting did not follow these Islamic verses. The did not kill people. They volunteered in homeless refugees, they raised $300k for charity and in the Twitter status in the OP condemned violence. These were peaceful people. They happened to be Muslim, yet nothing they did indicated that they were horrible people.

You have said that you do not feel sympathy for these people. I gave you a chance to clarify your stupid point, but it seems you have made yourself look even more of ridiculous, which is a shame. The fact that you do not feel any kind of sympathy for followers of the religion, despite their good deeds indicates the warped morality you take.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Mortein

When Charlie Hebdo killings happened, most Muslim leaders, and even the Pope, condemned the killings, but they didn't forget to shift the part of the guilt towards the victims by saying how "freedom of speech does not include the freedom to insult, and how what happened to them was understandable.

I'm not going to do the same mistake, what this idiot did is entirely his fault. People should be able to believe what ever they want to believe, and express their beliefs in any way that's not hurting other people.

This started as a dispute over parking, but I think it's likely that the outcome of this conflict was heavily influenced by his general hatred towards religious people, and this isn't something we as atheists should run from.

It true that we atheists are not nearly as homogeneous as Christians or Muslims. While Christians (or Muslims) share the same holy books, doctrines, beliefs and values, the only criteria you need to classify yourself as an atheist is to lack the belief in God. The fact that someone is an atheist doesn't really tell you anything about him directly, it doesn't tell you what he beliefs in or what he values.

But still, the outside world sees us all as one, or at least as homogeneous as religious groups are, and that's why I think it's important for Atheist individuals to especially condemn this kind of crimes.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valar Morghulis...

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

First, my condolences to the families of the victims.

Second, this is a great example of how people of any faith or political view can be violent.

Third, it's not covered in the media because it doesn't fit the typical media narrative. The narrative is "the far right is evil and dangerous." Until the Boston bombers were identified, most of the media was speculating that is was a small government group. Now that an atheist who likes Rachel Maddow commits a crime, it's oddly quiet. Remember the ex-cop who went on a rampage in California a couple years ago? He was a big Piers Morgan fan. Anybody here about that angle of the story? Anybody hear about the gay rights activist who went into an anti gay rights group with a gun and a backpack of chick-fil-a sandwiches? Anybody hear about Occupy Wallstreet plans to blow up a bridge?

My point isnt that the left is violent. There are bad people on all sides, but the media is building a narrative and they suppress certain stories. If you haven't heard the above stories, than realize the media is manipulating you.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BappyRonChantin

This is sad. My condolences to the families of those who died. It seems an awful lot of people have the tendency of generalizing non-violent Muslims with extremists, it's concerning. Hard-hearted attitude is not gonna make the world a better place, neither will enforcing one's belief onto others.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers