Can't a human beat a white rhinoceros barehanded?

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for kartikeya_tiwar
kartikeya_tiwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kartikeya_tiwar

Hello guys, i was just curious as to whether a man who is extremely skilled and trained in martial arts and extremely agile on his feet can take on and defeat / kill a white rhino? I had a debate with my friend and i said it's possible. I know white rhinos are not that fast so cant a trained martial arts pro sidestep it's charge and chop it with his hand and rinse and repeat till the rhino dies?

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anybody trained thinks they can beat a white rhino, they should go out and try it

Lawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No white rhinos vs human battles. Please read the forum rules.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

If anybody trained thinks they can beat a white rhino, they should go out and try it

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A very well trained human might be able to side step the charge. Might. They aren't really that slow considering their charge can be a little over 30 miles per hour.

But they won't be able to do any damage to the rhino at all. Chop to the neck? You realize the creature's neck is thicker than a human torso right?

kartikeya_tiwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: I know they are very strong, but i have seen karate masters easily smash bricks, cant they just smash the rhino skull if they hit it enough times?

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kartikeya_tiwar:

Bricks are hard and brittle, so when hit with sufficient force they shatter. Flesh is malleable and has give, which is why these same martial artists don't send their fists exploding through one another in gory bursts of guts and bones every time a strike connects. And a rhino has many, many times thicker fat and muscle on it's body than a human does, on top of having a thick layer of armor-like skin, and on top of having a much thicker, sturdier bone structure than humans have. These are animals that survive being attacked by lions, who in turn have a paw swipe strong enough to shatter a bull's skull on top of having sharp claws. Low caliber gunfire doesn't always put these animals down because of their sheer size and density.

The karate master would be more likely to break his hand than to break the rhino's neck.

erikarlsson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know white rhinos are not that fast so cant a trained martial arts pro sidestep it's charge and chop it with his hand and rinse and repeat till the rhino dies?

lol.

kartikeya_tiwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: I have seen how hard a black belt can hit. Don't you think a flying kick to the eyes of a charging rhino can easily make it flinch long enough for the master to chop it enough to kill it?

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: I have seen how hard a black belt can hit. Don't you think a flying kick to the eyes of a charging rhino can easily make it flinch long enough for the master to chop it enough to kill it?

.... No. Just no. A flying kick into a charging rhino would kill the human. These things can over turn jeeps with a charge. A human body weighs about as much to a rhino as your house cat does to you. If your cat were to leap at you while you were at full charge what do you think would happen to your cat?

Only in the rhino's case it has a massive horn that can tear the human's body in half if it lands.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lol

kartikeya_tiwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: I'm sorry if i was not able to put it clearly, my apologies. If you were running towards a cat and it jumped to snatch your eyes, would you or would you not flinch? A human has defense in the form of hands, but 4 legged animals have ZERO defense against an animal who wants to hurt the eyes. That's why humans can take down many 4 legged animals if we target the eyes.

Think about it, a Rhino's charge is like a super slow motion to an expert kung fu / karate master. Those guys practice in VERY high paced environment, take a look at movies like ip man for example. An expert martial artist can easily target the rhino's eyes with his kick when the rhino is charging. A huge shot to the eyes would definitely bring the rhino down to it's feet and a few slashes would hurt after that.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By jumpstart55
  • A human cant beat any large mammal barehanded..lmao
  • We suck physically and only excel at endurance/prolonged running compared to other animals..
comic_fan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HighAccuser

Human beings can't even beat large dogs without getting mauled or decimated and people think they can beat rhinos?

lmao.

You could put the most highly trained human to exist against a chimp, gorilla prob orangutan and he would get ripped to shreds.

A big cat would end it in seconds due to larger weight and strength as well as teeth.

A mammal or pachyderm on the size of a rhino would mutilate and trample him.

Don't even get me started on hippos. They'd chew a person human in half but not before smashing them to bits.

Any person who think they can beat the aforementioned animals with training needs 3 things in no particular order.

1. A mental health check

2. A reality check

3. A slap upside the head

/thread

No Caption Provided

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MetalJimmor

@kartikeya_tiwar:

Let me put this in perspective for you.

Rhinos are not slow. The fastest man to ever be recorded running ran 27 miles per hour. A rhino can run at 30 miles per hour on average.

Most cars weigh between 3,000 to 4,000 pounds. A white rhino weighs over 5,000 pounds.

A car traveling at 20 miles per hour can cause serious injury and even death depending on how the pedestrian struck falls, and the rhino is heavier and faster than that and has a giant murder horn on it's face.

So your blackbelt kicks it in the eye. Congrats, because the sheer forward momentum colliding with his foot shatters every bone in his leg and the rhino's horn gores into his ballsack and splits him down the middle. If he's lucky he'll get trampled to death instead of bleeding out.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Zetsu-San

Y'all are getting trolled so hard. lmao

kartikeya_tiwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kartikeya_tiwar

@nerevarine_11: Please be civil, i never insulted anyone :)

A chimpanzee / gorilla i agree will be almost impossible, simply as they can block any attacks to their eyes with their hands.

You must have heard many real stories of men beating leopards and other big cats. Our body type is very favorable vs a 4 legged animal.

My own uncle has put down a charging germen shephard which jumped and grabbed his hands, only to be smacked in the eyes real hard, it cried out in pain and was put down after that. Mind you, my uncle is not a very strong man either. People grossly overestimate the pain endurance capacity of animals. All it takes is one tight punch / kick to the eyes and the animal retreats, it actually stops fighting after that and puts all his energy in running away.

Everything is based on technique. For example a woman vs a man of same build and age will go horribly for the woman if she is trying to punch the man in his chest or trying to wrestle him conventionally. However, if a woman is consciously trying to kick the man in the balls then there is very high probability that she might pull off one hard kick, which would almost make it impossible for the man to do anything after that.

Same goes for 4legged animals. In colloseums humans have been known to take down even big cats and some elephants, simply exploiting the fact that as soon as the animal gets hit in the eye, it doesnt even try to fight back, thinking the enemy is superior. Don't overestimate the pain endurance capacity of animals. A tight kick to the eyes of a rhino by a martial arts expert would definitely bring the rhino down to it's knees. It won't even try to fight after that.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Even a trained martial artist could not possibly stand a chance against such a powerful animal. Males are over 5,000 pounds and have a top speed of 31 miles per hour. The best defense against a creature like that is the "kneel down and pray to Jesus Christ for a miracle" maneuver.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: Please be civil, i never insulted anyone :)

A chimpanzee / gorilla i agree will be almost impossible, simply as they can block any attacks to their eyes with their hands.

No they can literally pounce on a person and rip them to shreds.

You must have heard many real stories of men beating leopards and other big cats. Our body type is very favorable vs a 4 legged animal.

In h2h? Or with guns and hunting them in groups.

My own uncle has put down a charging germen shephard which jumped and grabbed his hands, only to be smacked in the eyes real hard, it cried out in pain and was put down after that. Mind you, my uncle is not a very strong man either. People grossly overestimate the pain endurance capacity of animals. All it takes is one tight punch / kick to the eyes and the animal retreats, it actually stops fighting after that and puts all his energy in running away.

I don't know your account of that story which is kinda irrelevant to this argument. A hit to the eye for a dog doesn't register to animals 100x bigger than that and more pissed off than that. You surely are not serious.

Everything is based on technique. For example a woman vs a man of same build and age will go horribly for the woman if she is trying to punch the man in his chest or trying to wrestle him conventionally. However, if a woman is consciously trying to kick the man in the balls then there is very high probability that she might pull off one hard kick, which would almost make it impossible for the man to do anything after that.

These are people. Not animals. Humans v. Humans

Try again.

Same goes for 4legged animals. In colloseums humans have been known to take down even big cats and some elephants, simply exploiting the fact that as soon as the animal gets hit in the eye, it doesnt even try to fight back, thinking the enemy is superior.

Yeah with swords and weapons against animals that were tortured and abused for sport in fixed fights.

Not h2h.

Try again.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rhino wins easily

kartikeya_tiwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: Kindly try to visualize the given situation :
Rhino charging a pro expert of martial arts. The master side steps the charge when the rhino is a few feet away from him. As the rhino can't stop dead on it's tracks, it will continue running, as it goes past the master, he roundhouse kicks the rhino in the eyes. The rhino cries in pain and stumbles to the ground. The master then proceeds to chop him off with punches and elbow strikes.

I don't understand why the above mentioned events can't happen. In my opinion, any animal without hands should be killable by an expert martial artists like bruce lee or ip man. Do you think rhino can bear the kick in the eyes by ip man?? don't over estimate the pain endurance capacity.

A more relatable way to say this is : no matter how big or strong a man gets, a hard kick to the nuts is still a hard kick to the nuts. He will go down. Same with animals, a kick to the eye will definitely bring the animal down, no matter how big it is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

To have a serious chance here, bring a long-range weapon. H2H is not going to cut it.

kartikeya_tiwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_panther18: Why not? one kick in the eye and rhino is going down. Punch him to death after that

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

... what?

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kartikeya_tiwar: Alright, let's have a little visualization for you here. This is a white rhino:

No Caption Provided

You notice how it has teeny tiny eyes? The average human foot is 7 1/2 inches, or 11 inches, depending on your sources. Eyeballing that, it can't be more than 2 inches. So if you tried to kick the rhino in the eyes, you would just hit the cranium mid charge and your foot would shatter. Then, even if your mythical strategy works, good luck chopping it to death when a rhino's neck is thicker than the entirety of your head.

So no, it won't happen. IP Man point is moot, he is a fictional person and WAY stronger thsn any human in reality.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

No.

erikarlsson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kartikeya_tiwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@full123: ip man is not a fictional character.
A trained expert can hit the eye with enough patience. He will not miss i dont think.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Q: Can a human beat a white rhinoceros barehanded?

A: No.

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kartikeya_tiwar: Alright, if you think it's gonna be that simple, try this:

Ask a friend to drive his car (for utmost realism, use a big muscle car or a pickup) at 30 mph. Stand aside as he drives past, and then, try to shove a key into the keyhole of the car's door. That is the scale of the problem we're facing. Kicking it would have no effect, as the thing you are trying to kick is much smaller than your foot and embedded deep inside the natural equivalent of truck bedliner.

And you are intentionally dodging the point. Even if, by some miracle, you get it down, you, or anyone else for that matter, would break their hand trying to chop or punch it to death. Then the rhino gets up, and you have to try dodging him now with a broken leg and a broken arm.

kartikeya_tiwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@full123: Have u tried punching the palm of a karate expert? they are TOUGH. That's what their hands and palms do, strike and punch. I dont think his hands would be harmed. Much to the contrary, i think rhino can get some fatal injuries if an expert punches him a few times. Don't underestimate the strength in an expert's punch. They can even break logs of wood. An elbow strike will also hurt.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easily. I am fairly sure I can kick the headlight of a car coming 25 mph at me, and my foot would be just fine after that - then I can just punch and chop it to pieces since I am on comicvine and that means I have trained for 10+ years in different martial arts, and even got mma championship in my city.

Replicating that on a rhino which is heavier, faster, has smaller eyes, can move about his head and has flesh cushioning it shouldn't be that much more difficult either, it hardly knows boxing and judo and krav maga - it has only survived in the wild, which doesn't give you any skills.

I don't have any white rhinos here to demonstrate with a video, but you should be able to do it if you try hard and use the natural fighting advantage of human body over wild animals.

The_Valeyard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A human with martial arts training wont cut it, not by a longshot. Usually rhino doesnt just charge at you, it also swing its horn side to side.

kartikeya_tiwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kartikeya_tiwar

@princearagorn1: Exactly, i'm happy that there is someone who doesn't over estimate strength of animals and under estimates the strength of us humans. Beating an expert fighter like ip man would be much harder actually than beating a rhino. An expert can beat 10 average humans at once, i'm not sure whether rhino can achieve the same feat.

Humans can achieve crazy skills :), thanks for the agreement bro :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Why don't you go beat your own white rhino instead of making dumb threads?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@kartikeya_tiwar: you are welcome. I'll wait eagerly for the video of you or any trained martial artist taking on a rhino this way so we can prove this point.

Just take a cameraman with you for... better angle of the vid.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Spambot

Obvious troll is.. still hard to see on cv it seems.

kartikeya_tiwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By kartikeya_tiwar

@the_valeyard: I believe it's horns can be dodged. Expert black belts train blocking punches from vaious directions at very high speeds. I'm sure rhino doesnt swing it's horns nearly as fast as an expert martial artist punches or as fast as the expert can block it's horn attacks

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kartikeya_tiwar: Logs and bricks and cinders or whatever else karate experts break with chops and punches all have crack spots, spots where the wood/stone/concrete are weaker than the rest, and one good hit would crack it right down the middle. Seriously, try this. Go to some stone filled area, and pick up a stone. Strain it a little, and it will crack. Stone is brittle, and thus gets weaker the more stress is placed on it.

However, rhino skin and rhino skull in not like this at all. It has no creases or cracks to exploit. It's completely solid. The time when a karate expert cracks a solid concrete ball wrapped in truck bedliner with a chop or a punch, then you can get back to me.

kartikeya_tiwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@full123: That is true but i was talking about blocking the rhino's horns, which should not be a problem. I was mentioning defense, however for offense i have already explained the "target the eye" concept which has been used by many fighters to bring the wild animals down.

GokuSSB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kartikeya_tiwar: Isn't a kick too much? I mean with good speed the martial artist could break the rhyno's horn. A punch would be more fair since it is not as strong as a kick.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

6/10

The_Valeyard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Are you sure its really obvious that this is a troll?

@kartikeya_tiwar: If you haven't notice, PrinceAragorn1 is sarcastic. Let say that the martial art master manage to kick the rhino in the eye, how would he/she kill it then? The rhino is still conscious and can still fight, while the human dont really have any viable option to knock it out

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

Obvious troll is.. still hard to see on cv it seems.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Mortein  Online

Maybe this one

No Caption Provided

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why stop at a rhino though? I honestly think I could break a Blue Whale's neck with a few well placed chops.

Aimless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Aimless