Canelo Alvarez vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Battle of The Mexicans

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/18468627/canelo-alvarez-julio-cesar-chavez-jr-agree-bout-6

http://www.espn.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/17280/canelo-explains-dramatic-rise-in-weight-for-chavez-fight?ref=yfp

It's official, Canelo will fight Chavez Jr. in a non-title bout at a catchweight of 164.5 lbs on May 6 at a location, yet to be determined.

I have very mixed feelings on this fight. But what are your thoughts on it? A few questions if you're wondering what the deal is or would like to answer any:

Does this fight make sense? Was this the right fight to be made for Canelo at a time when his reputation has taken a hit with that ducking of GGG last year? Who do you think will win? Is Canelo taking such a huge and unnecessary risk jumping up so much weight? Will Chavez Jr. even be able to make weight? Will he come to the fight absolutely drained? Is this fight an even bigger risk for Chavez Jr. considering he's been very inactive the past couple years?

Discuss.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

The fight's pointless and a clear cash grab, but I love watching Canelo fight so I don't mind.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@comicstooge: Do you think he can beat GGG? And check your messages.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ComicStooge

@comicstooge: Do you think he can beat GGG? And check your messages.

Chavez Jr already got murdered by GGG in sparring, on camera.

Canelo could potentially beat GGG, sure.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By slimj87d

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr past his potential, it's going down hill from here for him.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr past his potential, it's going down hill from here for him.

Even his own father trashed him on live TV for being a waste of talent and having no discipline.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Well I too think it's somewhat pointless. But it should make for a great fight maybe and it will be entertaining at the very least. Though I agree, this fight is nothing but a cash grab and business move. It doesn't really do anything to advance boxing.

I heard that Billy Joe Saunders was the back up to this fight had the negotiations with Chavez Jr. not been successful. Billy Joe Saunders is the other guy who ducked GGG and holds another middleweight belt, which GGG seeks. Do you think Canelo should've faced him or would you have preferred to see that fight?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silkyballfro94: I would've preferred to see GGG fight Saunders. Let Canelo fight Chavez Jr, it should be fun.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Yeah it should be a very fun fight. Who do you got winning and how? Canelo by TKO, KO, UD?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ComicStooge

@comicstooge: Yeah it should be a very fun fight. Who do you got winning and how? Canelo by TKO, KO, UD?

Canelo by decision or corner stoppage.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fight is this Saturday. Who's gonna watch? I'm so pumped and so hyped. I've been sucked in big time into buying the fight since I made the thread. Here's a few videos about the fight, if anyone is interested. I highly recommend the Face Off:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6oJXxvOO2jE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mh5u09nDPak

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FWEAu6AATBo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did anyone watch this shit fight? All that hype and build up for nothing. Don't get me wrong, Canelo did an excellent job outclassing Chavez and winning all 12 rounds in a absolutely one sided fight. So there's no fault with him. But Chavez Jr did nothing and it seemed like he didn't even try for most of it. The fight was mildly entertaining, though both fighters are needed in a fight to make it a fight. It was so frustrating to see nothing from Chavez. What a joke. I hope he's happy with his payday, because he's probably done for a while. I don't wanna see him fight ever again. Overall, the fight was pretty disappointing.

I can't believe I thought Canelo was going to be in trouble looking back now. I truly wonder how he will do against GGG, which btw is set to officially happen in September now. After the the fight and interviews, there was a promo video set up and played on the jumbo-trons and out came GGG from the tunnel making his way to the ring. It was kinda stupid and overdone like it was the WWE lol. It would've been better and simpler had GGG just walked into the ring from ringside. Anyway, Canelo vs GGG for King of the middleweight division and possibly Boxing as a whole is finally happening. So we got that.