Black people thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By FalconPuuunch

@White Mage said:

@FalconPuuunch said:

Would it be racist if I made a white people thread?

On this site, I don't see why it would be racist.........you don't know unless you ask.

Ok. What if the OP read something like this.

"The Black People Thread got me thinking about something I wanted to post on here but didn't, so now I will.

Hey Viners and white people. It's 2013, we have had white presidents and leaders in the US since the very beginning. The world's most famous inventor (Edison) was white and one of the worlds most respected thinkers and song writers was white as well (Lennon). Should we be stepping our game up?

It makes me sound like a complete tool, I know. My question is... what is the difference?

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Nelomaxwell

@Xanni15: To answer question 2 Race is and will always be an underlying factor in this country.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#53  Edited By Xanni15

@Nelomaxwell said:

@Xanni15: To answer question 2 Race is and will always be an underlying factor in this country.

That's quitter talk, bro.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#54  Edited By joshmightbe

My overall opinion on racism is that yes it is a real problem that needs to be dealt with but some people need to chill out a bit about it. Case in point I once stated that black people were less likely to get skin cancer than white people, which is a fact by the way because lighter skin tones are more susceptible to sun damage than darker tones. In response this about 600 people flipped out and started comparing me to a nazi. Now I didn't say black people can't get skin cancer, or anything at all negative about black people but I ended up getiing banned from that site for racism.

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By FalconPuuunch

@Decoy Elite said:

@FalconPuuunch said:

It will most likely get locked either way.

There was a very old trend of making "__________ only" topics and they all got locked.

The only reason this thread is lasting is because it's more open than threads in that trend.

Why is this thread more open than threads of this particular trend? It seems to me at least that it's prime focus is to single out a single race and subject it as if it's all apart of the same thing. One's skin color does not define you or classify you in any way. Or it shouldn't anyways...

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By Decoy Elite

@FalconPuuunch: Because those thread were about only for people from the particular group of choice to post in.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@Nelomaxwell said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Sorry man didn't know you were all in your feelings about it. I'd probably get the same response from you though so what does it matter?

My feelings are not hurt.I just have a problem with the OP that is all.

No you wouldn't,since my point is something to do with the OP so if it was phrased differently then I would not of had a problem with it.

Okay so I changed the OP for you brother , now sound off. Cause otherwise you're just complaining. I'm looking for solutions for my people killing each other in record numbers not complaints.

Never mind.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Nelomaxwell

@DCsuperman0007: Make it and find out. It just sounds like people wanna make a white people thread cause I made this one. If you've got a legitimate issue you want people's opinion on then make the thread. I'd like my people to stop killing themselves. So I asked for solutions.

@Xanni15 said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

It's real talk homey. This thread is a testament, only two people have responded to my actual question. Everyone else harped on how I said black people. Yourself included. NOW If you have a solution to stop black people from blowing each other out of their Nike's please say so. Cause otherwise you're not helping.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@joshmightbe said:

My overall opinion on racism is that yes it is a real problem that needs to be dealt with but some people need to chill out a bit about it. Case in point I once stated that black people were less likely to get skin cancer than white people, which is a fact by the way because lighter skin tones are more susceptible to sun damage than darker tones. In response this about 600 people flipped out and started comparing me to a nazi. Now I didn't say black people can't get skin cancer, or anything at all negative about black people but I ended up getiing banned from that site for racism.

That is just ridiculous people pull the race card for bullsh*t the is not even called for. What you said was fact not racism, but ignorance has no bound.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Nelomaxwell

@FalconPuuunch said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@FalconPuuunch said:

There was a very old trend of making "__________ only" topics and they all got locked.

The only reason this thread is lasting is because it's more open than threads in that trend.

Why is this thread more open than threads of this particular trend? It seems to me at least that it's prime focus is to single out a single race and subject it as if it's all apart of the same thing. One's skin color does not define you or classify you in any way. Or it shouldn't anyways...

Do me a favor homey. Read the OP. Because all I'm looking for is a way to stop Black folks from killing each other. Do you have any suggestions?

@mrdecepticonleader: Is that a forget this never mind or I don't have a solution never mind

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Xanni15 said:

1. The fact that people have to be force fed Black history. Not everyone knows these things, I certainly did not learn about them in school. It's not to bring down anyone, just that reflecting on the history of all people needs to be improved. And one way to change negative treatment is through education, and I'm not talking about History class during February. It's almost like the entire History class is about White people, then it stops and Black people take over in February, then March is back to White people

2. Why, though? Can't everyone just celebrate History equally throughout the year? If equality is the goal, then it should end there.

1. If it's only coming up once a month, then you can't say that it's being force fed. However, I do agree that history of all people needs to be improved. There's a lot of very interesting information that's still not being released...which is unfortunate.

2. "Equality" in what sense? We can have equal rights, and still celebrate our cultural differences. It's a celebration/acknowledgement of our culture and accomplishments. Being equals doesn't mean that you just stop celebrating the lives of the survivors/innovators/ that got you here in the first place. Especially when it wasn't all that long ago that they had to go through bullsh*t in order to get us to where we are now.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By Blood1991

I feel like alot of people feel that ignoring diversity somehow equals equality. We accept and respect our differences. Ignoring them leads to a culture of blindness.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Xanni15

@Nelomaxwell said:

@DCsuperman0007: Make it and find out. It just sounds like people wanna make a white people thread cause I made this one. If you've got a legitimate issue you want people's opinion on then make the thread. I'd like my people to stop killing themselves. So I asked for solutions.

@Xanni15 said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

It's real talk homey. This thread is a testament, only two people have responded to my actual question. Everyone else harped on how I said black people. Yourself included. NOW If you have a solution to stop black people from blowing each other out of their Nike's please say so. Cause otherwise you're not helping.

You're focusing on Black people, I made mention of the need to eliminate all "special" months.

Education is a surefire way.

ImmortalT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ImmortalT1000

The OP is wrong.

We dont have a Black President, hes mixed. to be Black all of his ansesters would have to be Black.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Nelomaxwell

@Xanni15: So you're not going to answer the question?

@ImmortalT1000: Hence why I put it in quotes. That's what he's seen as.

DCsuperman0007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By DCsuperman0007

@Xanni15: im with you, lets forget all about races we are all just people

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By FalconPuuunch

@Nelomaxwell said:

@FalconPuuunch said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@FalconPuuunch said:

Do me a favor homey. Read the OP. Because all I'm looking for is a way to stop Black folks from killing each other. Do you have any suggestions?

@mrdecepticonleader: Is that a forget this never mind or I don't have a solution never mind

(I did read the OP.. don't know what I said to suggest otherwise)

Ok... so this just got interesting. Before I actually respond to this in terms of you somehow curing the world of black people getting murdered by one another by a thread made on a comcbook site, I would just like to ask you what makes black people getting killed different from any other race getting killed?

I know it may seem like I am attacking you, but I am not. I am just curious. I have actually brought this argument up in the Feminist thread on giantbomb, so this is not personal at all.

ImmortalT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ImmortalT1000

@Nelomaxwell: People think of him as that, but the reality of it is, hes mixed white/black

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a suggestion. Petition to cancel Power Rangers because that usually caused most of the hostility in schools which bled out onto the streets. Other than that, there are no actual solutions.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Nelomaxwell

@FalconPuuunch: I don't see it as an attack. Because If you look at the numbers of deaths in Chicago it's reached beyond those in Afghanistan. An actual combat zone.

http://mariomurilloministries.wordpress.com/2013/02/01/chicago-murders-more-than-twice-afghanistan-death-toll/

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nelomaxwell:The first one.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Xanni15

@White Mage said:

@Xanni15 said:

1. The fact that people have to be force fed Black history. Not everyone knows these things, I certainly did not learn about them in school. It's not to bring down anyone, just that reflecting on the history of all people needs to be improved. And one way to change negative treatment is through education, and I'm not talking about History class during February. It's almost like the entire History class is about White people, then it stops and Black people take over in February, then March is back to White people

2. Why, though? Can't everyone just celebrate History equally throughout the year? If equality is the goal, then it should end there.

1. If it's only coming up once a month, then you can't say that it's being force fed. However, I do agree that history of all people needs to be improved. There's a lot of very interesting information that's still not being released...which is unfortunate.

2. "Equality" in what sense? We can have equal rights, and still celebrate our cultural differences. It's a celebration/acknowledgement of our culture and accomplishments. Being equals doesn't mean that you just stop celebrating the lives of the survivors/innovators/ that got you here in the first place. Especially when it wasn't all that long ago that they had to go through bullsh*t in order to get us to where we are now.

1. My point was more that when February rolls around you know for sure you're learning about Black history. In school it was force fed, which is where the majority of learning goes on when you're younger. I would prefer if Black history was integrated into the rest of history, spread it out throughout the year, one month shouldn't be the only time. I completely agree on your last comment.

2. Equality in that all people are created equal, rights, livelihood, opportunities, etc. But why do cultural differences need their own month. Wouldn't you rather it be celebrated throughout the year, giving more time to such important topics and people? Personally I just feel like focusing so much on the past will prevent people from moving forward. Now this isn't just Black people, or even non-White people. And of course I know it's easier for me to say since I'm not a minority, but I still feel that way.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Nelomaxwell

@sesquipedalophobe: Thanks I actually like that one.

@mrdecepticonleader: Oh that sucks cause I actually wanted to hear your solutions.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Our people should push our children to be anything other then entertainers...if I see one more music video on worldstar of an underage kid talking bout ass and money, I'ma call child services. And I agree Native Americans deserve more then whats been given to them.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Nelomaxwell

@Blood1991 said:

I feel like alot of people feel that ignoring diversity somehow equals equality. We accept and respect our differences. Ignoring them leads to a culture of blindness.

Cosign

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Xanni15

@Nelomaxwell: I'm not Black, so I'm not sure if I'm qualified to answer a question directed at Black people. My original comment was in reply to another poster an was concerning people of all backgrounds.

I did, education is the way to go. I think everyone needs to step their game up, not just Black people. Yes, more Black people are dying out in the streets in their Nike's, but other people are dying too. Everyone should be worried about the way things are right now.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Xanni15

@DCsuperman0007 said:

@Xanni15: im with you, lets forget all about races we are all just people

The only race I know is the human race.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Blood1991 said:

Yes

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By FalconPuuunch

@Nelomaxwell said:

@FalconPuuunch: I don't see it as an attack. Because If you look at the numbers of deaths in Chicago it's reached beyond those in Afghanistan. An actual combat zone.

http://mariomurilloministries.wordpress.com/2013/02/01/chicago-murders-more-than-twice-afghanistan-death-toll/

Ah, I see. I would have changed the title and the OP a bit to clarify this, but I get it I guess.

I personally would have went with "people from Chicago" instead of just "black people", but I get what you mean because the black populace in Chicago is kind of high right?, so it's pretty normal to just sum it up as just "black people".

Unrelated have you ever read about the situation in Detroit? It's actually pretty f*cked up how one of the most urban cities in the world ended up like this. I read that you can by a home in Detroit for just $9,000.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Nelomaxwell

@Xanni15: Thank you. I just wanted an answer.

My actual answer is comic books. Everyone I know who saw heroes that look like them were instilled with a sense of values. As opposed to those who did not. I did a small study in my old hood in Brooklyn.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Nelomaxwell

@FalconPuuunch: Detroit, Gary Indian and East St Louis. Are all like that. The gang violence there is also high and generational.

Also Chicago is one of the Examples back in Brooklyn, New York last September we had 24 murders in 24 hours. 4 on my block. You can guess what the victims and preps looked like.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nelomaxwell:Solutions to what?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By King_Saturn
lmmfao  ! 

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Xanni15

@Nelomaxwell said:

@Xanni15: Thank you. I just wanted an answer.

My actual answer is comic books. Everyone I know who saw heroes that look like them were instilled with a sense of values. As opposed to those who did not. I did a small study in my old hood in Brooklyn.

No problem, man. I'm sorry for derailing your thread.

I completely agree, I fully support more minority characters in comic books, and especially in leading roles in comic books. The world and readers are ready.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By cattlebattle
No Caption Provided
Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Nelomaxwell

@Xanni15: Nah you're good. I guess the thread name seems a little misleading.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Nelomaxwell

@mrdecepticonleader: To black on black crime.

@cattlebattle: He didn't do it to help them either it was a power move.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ImmortalT1000 said:

The OP is wrong.

We dont have a Black President, hes mixed. to be Black all of his ansesters would have to be Black.

This is up for debate. For instance, a Nigerian girl I dated called all black Americans black. I haven't met one pure African American since you can tell by the eyes if this is the argument. It's a rather lame argument to mangle and deconstruct everything solely for the sake of doing it.

DCsuperman0007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By DCsuperman0007

@Xanni15: well said

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By cattlebattle
@Nelomaxwell said:

I am pretty sure he took a lot of backlash for it...it even got him killed. So, yeah, feel free to play it down.
ImmortalT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By ImmortalT1000

@sesquipedalophobe said:

@ImmortalT1000 said:

The OP is wrong.

This is up for debate. For instance, a Nigerian girl I dated called all black Americans black. I haven't met one pure African American since you can tell by the eyes if this is the argument.

Well back in the old days when Whites and Blacks went to their own school then he would of been considered Black still and went to a Black school if you wanna look at it like that.

Thanks for reading,

TERMINATOR_FAN

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@King Saturn said:

lmmfao !

lol Jefferson is a classic.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Xanni15 said:

@White Mage said:

@Xanni15 said:

1. My point was more that when February rolls around you know for sure you're learning about Black history. In school it was force fed, which is where the majority of learning goes on when you're younger. I would prefer if Black history was integrated into the rest of history, spread it out throughout the year, one month shouldn't be the only time. I completely agree on your last comment.

2. Equality in that all people are created equal, rights, livelihood, opportunities, etc. But why do cultural differences need their own month. Wouldn't you rather it be celebrated throughout the year, giving more time to such important topics and people? Personally I just feel like focusing so much on the past will prevent people from moving forward. Now this isn't just Black people, or even non-White people. And of course I know it's easier for me to say since I'm not a minority, but I still feel that way.

1. My apologies for clearly misunderstanding you. We have no real difference of opinion on the history being spread throughout, so kumbaya

2. See, the way I was raised, Black History month wasn't just a massive history lesson. It was a celebration. A time to recognize the beauty of progress and racial equality. For me, it's like Christmas and Sundays (not quite, but bear with me): Jesus is celebrated every day, but certain holidays/Sundays are times that Christians gather and give special attention to the journey he took for them to be...well...Christians. I think focusing on the past is fine. Living in the past, on the other hand, is a different scenario. Besides, it wasn't just black people who made this progress possible. White people also risked their lives/died for equal rights, and were called out of their names for supporting black americans. I think it's something worth celebrating, because we all took serious/intense measures in order to break through boundaries and move into the America that we know of today.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nelomaxwell:Why not crime in general since when is crime divided up in terms of ethnicity?

The only way to reduce crime permanently is to try and fix society.Will we ever be rid of crime though? I don't think so

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Nelomaxwell

@cattlebattle said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

I am pretty sure he took a lot of backlash for it...it even got him killed. So, yeah, feel free to play it down.

I'm not saying he didn't. But we're discussing his intentions not the repercussions. So yeah.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Nelomaxwell

@mrdecepticonleader:

Because this type of crime is a self inflicted genocide. Which can lead to extinction I personally feel. If you don't have an answer which your attempt at negating me is showing and you're just on this thread because it actually does offend you at some atavistic level then we have nothing to talk about.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Xanni15

@White Mage said:

@Xanni15 said:

@White Mage said:

@Xanni15 said:

1. My apologies for clearly misunderstanding you. We have no real difference of opinion on the history being spread throughout, so kumbaya

2. See, the way I was raised, Black History month wasn't just a massive history lesson. It was a celebration. A time to recognize the beauty of progress and racial equality. For me, it's like Christmas and Sundays (not quite, but bear with me): Jesus is celebrated every day, but certain holidays/Sundays are times that Christians gather and give special attention to the journey he took for them to be...well...Christians. I think focusing on the past is fine. Living in the past, on the other hand, is a different scenario. Besides, it wasn't just black people who made this progress possible. White people also risked their lives/died for equal rights, and were called out of their names for supporting black americans. I think it's something worth celebrating, because we all took serious/intense measures in order to break through boundaries and move into the America that we know of today.

1. No problem, I've been all over the place in this thread. lol

2. When you put it like that, it makes more sense. I just wish that it was celebrated more throughout the year by everyone. When I was in school I found certain aspects of Black history very interesting, and I don't think it does the people who made such break throughs and put their lives on the line to just place them inside their own little month. It is said that White people have the rest of the year, but everyone should have the entire year, but maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nelomaxwell said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

Because this type of crime is a self inflicted genocide. Which can lead to extinction I personally feel. If you don't have an answer which your attempt at negating me is showing and you're just on this thread because it actually does offend you at some atavistic level then we have nothing to talk about.

Self inflicted genocide? Extinction what the hell are you on about?

I am not negating you.My never mind remark was actually to do with the whole thing about the OP.

Segregation,identifying people by their colour their skin? Something that could be considered racist.Your damn right I am offended.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Nelomaxwell

@mrdecepticonleader: Right.. 100

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points