Black people thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How come so many Black People still love 106 and Park when the show basically regurgitates the same Music Videos every single day ? Then you got those lame Show hosts.

On another note, Kevin Hart is getting played out. He's not really funny anymore... he's just another short black guy who thinks he is.

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#804  Edited By JeanRalphio

@erik said:

Assuming that someone can't fight for equality because they are not black is the actual prejudicial thinking. Someone believes they are fighting for equality for everyone. According to you, they haven't the right to because of the color of their skin. It's absurd and it's disgusting. What is sad about taking someone at their word when all they are saying is that they believe they are fighting for equality? What has Cable_extreme done to prove that he hasn't fought for equality? I mean, other than doing it with white skin, of course.

No it isn't, now your spouting shite. Also your putting your warped version of words in my mouth, what's disgusting is he's not doing anything besides making jokes like saying "account banned for racism. lol". HOW THE FXCK IS THAT "fighting for equality"? That's soup fxcking sandwich.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#805 SC  Moderator

I am going to lock this thread for a while. Its only temporary. Before I reopen it I am going to give some conditions though that will apply to posters who post in here.

Sorry thread creator for locking this thread temporary, your efforts to get posters to be more civil are noted and appreciated. Any queries or questions in the interim, from anyone, please kindly direct to me via PM. Thanks.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#806 SC  Moderator

Going to reopen thread. Just some reminders though. This website isn't for posters to pass commentary on each others person, character or abilities. Posters can talk about themselves and invite others to talk about them, which might happen in a thread discussing attributes and characteristics of a person or group of people, but this isn't the site for people to think that gives the right or entitlement to shame, judge, patronize any other user. You can disagree about things? You are to disagree with other users with civility and a degree of respect however.

Posters who attempt to single out, pass commentary about other users person in a way thats hostile, patronizing, shaming, guilting, mocking or so on? A warning. Be careful as well, if it even sounds like your singling out a user for their race and applying slurs to them, traditionally at CV its a permanent ban. Talking about another user in a friendly context and respectful context is naturally okay. Oh and just to be clear? Talking about "white tears" - that fine, but applying it to individual users at CV as if anyone here actually knows the user? Falls right under the traditional CV rules as far as don't talk about other users that way.

Can see posters have gotten a bit passive aggressive and snide with each other so far (and also some on topic great points have been made as well) but lets just say everyone has a clean slate for now and if any users from this point forgets their decency towards other users then I'll just warn them via PM and if they continue to post in this thread and antagonize people then I'll just ban them. Listen to the OP as well, as they generally attempted to keep users on track and civil as well. So OP please feel free to PM myself or any other moderator if you feel any users are getting too hostile. Thanks.

Thread reopened. Please be civil and respectful towards each other. Oh and friendly tip? Better to question and look for clarification and try and understand your fellow user, rather than make assumptions. Helps them better understand you as well.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How come so many Black People still love 106 and Park when the show basically regurgitates the same Music Videos every single day ? Then you got those lame Show hosts.

On another note, Kevin Hart is getting played out. He's not really funny anymore... he's just another short black guy who thinks he is.

Idk I'm done with BET. In other news we're back.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

Going to reopen thread. Just some reminders though. This website isn't for posters to pass commentary on each others person, character or abilities. Posters can talk about themselves and invite others to talk about them, which might happen in a thread discussing attributes and characteristics of a person or group of people, but this isn't the site for people to think that gives the right or entitlement to shame, judge, patronize any other user. You can disagree about things? You are to disagree with other users with civility and a degree of respect however.

Posters who attempt to single out, pass commentary about other users person in a way thats hostile, patronizing, shaming, guilting, mocking or so on? A warning. Be careful as well, if it even sounds like your singling out a user for their race and applying slurs to them, traditionally at CV its a permanent ban. Talking about another user in a friendly context and respectful context is naturally okay. Oh and just to be clear? Talking about "white tears" - that fine, but applying it to individual users at CV as if anyone here actually knows the user? Falls right under the traditional CV rules as far as don't talk about other users that way.

Can see posters have gotten a bit passive aggressive and snide with each other so far (and also some on topic great points have been made as well) but lets just say everyone has a clean slate for now and if any users from this point forgets their decency towards other users then I'll just warn them via PM and if they continue to post in this thread and antagonize people then I'll just ban them. Listen to the OP as well, as they generally attempted to keep users on track and civil as well. So OP please feel free to PM myself or any other moderator if you feel any users are getting too hostile. Thanks.

Thread reopened. Please be civil and respectful towards each other. Oh and friendly tip? Better to question and look for clarification and try and understand your fellow user, rather than make assumptions. Helps them better understand you as well.

You don't need to know the user, and it isn't referring to the user in a personal way. It refers to what the user is saying. This sums it up the best.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#809  Edited By King_Saturn

It would have been cool to have seen a Foxy Brown / Black Caesar film happen... Fred Williamson and Foxy Brown did do a few films together though.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#810 SC  Moderator

@farkam: Using it a general sense is fine, just it can also be applied in a personal way. Like if a user talks about society and cultural and how some general unidentified individuals have white tears? Thats fine. Or if its at a celebrity or public figure? Like Glenn Beck? Thats okay. If a user at CV is talking about something? Posters can't accuse them of having white tears. A. They might not. B. Its a user making a judgment or passing commentary on a user without having the entitlement, authority or right to. Same applies as far as any situation or context as far as what CV users can accuse other CV users of. Potentially if users are consenting to being open to that sort of accusation and criticism then thats fine, just in general if a user wants to avoid a warning or a ban they should stay clear of such tone or rhetoric.

Hope that helps clarify.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

@farkam: Using it a general sense is fine, just it can also be applied in a personal way. Like if a user talks about society and cultural and how some general unidentified individuals have white tears? Thats fine. Or if its at a celebrity or public figure? Like Glenn Beck? Thats okay. If a user at CV is talking about something? Posters can't accuse them of having white tears. A. They might not. B. Its a user making a judgment or passing commentary on a user without having the entitlement, authority or right to. Same applies as far as any situation or context as far as what CV users can accuse other CV users of. Potentially if users are consenting to being open to that sort of accusation and criticism then thats fine, just in general if a user wants to avoid a warning or a ban they should stay clear of such tone or rhetoric.

Hope that helps clarify.

It's criticizing what the user is saying, not them as a person. Well at least, that's how I mean it when I say it. It's more or less shorthand for "The things you mentioned in your post < The things that happened to African Americans in the past". If we can't criticize what a user is spouting then 99% of the forum should be banned.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#812 SC  Moderator

@farkam said:

You can criticize what they are saying, as long as its not passing personal commentary on that actual user. I'll give you examples just in case anyone else in this thread doesn't quite make sense of it but after that you can ask questions via PM alright? Since I am inclined to believe most posters sort of get what I mean here (and if they don't, they can send me a PM as well) - Alright. First example.

Person B: "Look, I am a white American. Some minorities and black people for example, they complain too much about inequality when last time I checked things were pretty fair. White person breaks the law, they get arrested or charged, black person breaks the law, they get arrested or charged. Fair right? I am upset and annoyed when people accuse me of things like racism when I point this out"

Person A: "Actually its a bit more complicated than that. Like for example, many statistics surrounding New York's Stop and Frisk Laws are heavily slanted negatively towards young black and latino men. Thats to say there are young black men and latino men, who are sons, friends, brothers, fathers, cousins, looked at as being suspicious and possibly guilty of criminal behavior… just because of their skin color. To such an extent its easy to demonstrate that there is still inequality. It may just be your perception and potential position of privilege that prevents you from being aware of this. A person being upset over this lack of acknowledgment that things are equal when we know they aren't, its tantamount to white tears."

Above is okay? Below isn't.

Person B: "Look, I am a white American. Some minorities and black people for example, they complain too much about inequality when last time I checked things were pretty fair. White person breaks the law, they get arrested or charged, black person breaks the law, they get arrested or charged. Fair right? I am upset and annoyed when people accuse me of things like racism when I point this out"

Person B: "LOL, GFTO with your white tears. Wah wah, your crying white tears man. Boo hoo whitey, go eat a mayonnaise sandwich"

Its not about defining white tears, its about application of the term as far as other users, and that applies for a lot of ideas and concepts at CV. You know how you can't call another user stupid, retarded or other insults? You can however talk about stupid actions or behavior in a generalized way? Thats all. I am not saying the term can't be used, I am telling posters be careful about how they apply it. If they can't understand that, then they should err on the side of caution as to not get a warning.

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#813  Edited By JeanRalphio

@sc: Although white tears can say a lot about a persons character,it isn't insulting them(as if to say, "you're an asshole")or a personal attack,it's more of describing the actions of a person.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#815  Edited By JakeN7

@farkam said:

@sc said:

Hope that helps clarify.

It's criticizing what the user is saying, not them as a person. Well at least, that's how I mean it when I say it. It's more or less shorthand for "The things you mentioned in your post < The things that happened to African Americans in the past". If we can't criticize what a user is spouting then 99% of the forum should be banned.

@jeanralphio said:

@sc: Although white tears can say a lot about a persons character,it isn't insulting them(as if to say, "your an asshole")or a personal attack,it's more of describing the actions of a person.

White tears?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Please note that I have no idea what you guys are talking about, and I didn't bother reading the comments. I just saw "white tears" and cracked up.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#816 SC  Moderator

@jeanralphio said:

Although white tears can say a lot about a persons character,it isn't insulting them(as if to say, "your an asshole")or a personal attack,it's more of describing the actions of a person.

I agree, the term however can also be loaded with a lot of assumptions, and by extension negative assumptions. Lots of users have no ideas what color the the other users are for example. Or how knowledgeable or aware other users are and their life experiences. If the term is applied with sincerity and with civility and willingness to be corrected, might be okay, but if the term is applied as a lazy way to passively aggressively mock a person then thats something that could warrant a warning. So depends really.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#817  Edited By SC  Moderator

@mitran said:

"Boo hoo whitey, go eat a mayonnaise sandwich"

I'm using that from now on wherever I can. Thanks, SC.

Heh heh.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

"Boo hoo whitey, go eat a mayonnaise sandwich"

I'm using that from now on wherever I can. Thanks, SC.

I kno rite.

No Caption Provided

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#819  Edited By Nelomaxwell

Once again it's on.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder who would win between Taimak and Jim Kelly ? Two of the Old School Black Martial Artists.

Avatar image for deactived-1352151
deactived-1352151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder who would win between Taimak and Jim Kelly ? Two of the Old School Black Martial Artists.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#822  Edited By Cable_Extreme

Welcome back thread!!!!!

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dolemite 2 : The Human Tornado was a Black Classic...

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#824  Edited By Nelomaxwell

Taimak was an actual Martial artist?

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#825  Edited By frogdog

Since sinpes is done doing jail time, him and Micheal jai white should make action movie.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im not even black but mtv did it as well with trl back in the day oh how i remember the carson daley days : sarcastic:

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:

Taimak is a Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do and Goju Ryu Karate

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nelomaxwell said:

@king_saturn said:

Jim Kelly was as well a Goju Ryu master If I recall, not sure if he studied anything else. I'd say Taimak if Kelly had just one style under his belt so to speak. Then again depends on how good Taimak actually was.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

Since sinpes is done doing jail time, him and Micheal jai white should make action movie.

They should but Snipes would have to be his teacher, snipes is getting on in years.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#830  Edited By King_Saturn

@king_saturn said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@king_saturn said:

Jim Kelly was as well a Goju Ryu master If I recall, not sure if he studied anything else. I'd say Taimak if Kelly had just one style under his belt so to speak. Then again depends on how good Taimak actually was.

No one really knows how good Taimak is... on the other hand Jim Kelly won several Karate Tournaments.

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

No Caption Provided

This .gif is a lollarious.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#832  Edited By JakeN7
JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeanralphio: That's right. It's really awesome! LOL

Something just tickles me about young black dudes jubilantly celebrating like funny mofos while some white chick looks really pouty and cries a bit.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#835  Edited By King_Saturn

That confrontation between Denzel Washington and Morgan Freeman in Glory...

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#836  Edited By IrishX

@jaken7 said:

@jeanralphio: That's right. It's really awesome! LOL

Something just tickles me about young black dudes jubilantly celebrating like funny mofos while some white chick looks really pouty and cries a bit.

That "something" is you being an _ _ _ _ _ _ _. This thread is a complete joke. The only real purpose it serves it to point out which users here are racist (half of which don't think they are).

@sc You gotta be kidding with the whole "white tears" thing. I can't see how it can be used in any way that isn't offensive.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#837  Edited By JakeN7

@irishx: Oh jeez. I'm good at hangman. is it "a-s-s-h-o-l-e?"

You know I'm white right? I'm not sure how I can be racist towards white people if I am one. Whatever lets you be the self-righteous one though. I'm sure you feel so good about yourself up on that pedestal of yours. Hope you don't fall off that high horse.

Maybe Irish tears would be appropriate in this context?

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx: I'm guessing you are white?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: I didn't say you were racist. You being white has nothing to do with you being whatever you want to fill those blanks in with.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish they would have made a Sugar Hill 2... would have like to seen Baron Samedi again.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeanralphio: I have Irish and Native American ancestry. Is that "white"?

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx said:

Cool, but are you white?

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx: You have no context for why those "white tears" are happening, oh just guardian of ivory. Out of context those gifs are hilarious (especially the first one). Laughing at them does not make me an asshole (nice job with the blame shift on that word usage. That's like someone saying "n-word" to a black person, but when they get mad because you called them a n***er, you say "hey, I didn't say that did I?" We know what you mean, have the balls to say it yourself instead of making us think of it).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx said:

@jeanralphio said:

@irishx said:

Cool, but are you white?

Are you racist?

Flagged. Stop being a drama llama.

No Caption Provided

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lauren London looks good......... Booooooooooooy !

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

It would have been cool to have seen a Foxy Brown / Black Caesar film happen... Fred Williamson and Foxy Brown did do a few films together though.

?
?

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx said:

@jeanralphio said:

@irishx said:

Cool, but are you white?

Are you racist?

I could be, depending on how society sees me, but I don't think I am. Anyway what does that have to do with my question?

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#850  Edited By IrishX

@farkam: Good luck with that. I've said and done nothing worthy of being flagged. Congrats, it's the first time (that I know of) in over 4 years in my time on CV.

@jaken7: I said exactly what I meant. Just because you don't feel you are an a****** doesn't mean you aren't. What you wrote is basically gibberish that makes no sense.

I don't think context matters as the term "white tears" is offensive no matter how it's being used. I said that in my first post.