Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@killer_of_trolls said:

Excuse me, What? I couldn't hear you over the violent sounds

of this: http://rouju.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/deathstroke-vs-batman.jpg

and this:

:

BTW, in both senarios Batsy had an advantage, like the element of surprise and more. Bruce Wayne or any of the Bat Family aren't even at the the top ten, and that's being generous.

Whether Deathstroke can beat Batman in a fight is not the issue here. Many, many people can beat Batman in fights, it doesnt mean they are better martial artists. You dont seem to understand this simple idea.

Deathstroke is enhanced in many ways that makes him far superior physically to Bruce. DS is faster, stronger, more durable, and can think and heal faster than a normal human. He also has enhanced senses. These are not irrelevant things.

A lot of the people mentioned so far mostly win fights because they are physically very powerful, but otherwise show no special martial abilities... which they dont really need to have when you can just punch harder and faster than your opponents. Batman on the other hand has mastered almost every martial art there is, and can often outfight, outthink, and outstrategize superhumans, aliens, and supernatural creatures who vastly outclass him.

Avatar image for killer_of_trolls
Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

@willpayton said:

@killer_of_trolls said:

Excuse me, What? I couldn't hear you over the violent sounds

of this: http://rouju.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/deathstroke-vs-batman.jpg

and this:

:

BTW, in both senarios Batsy had an advantage, like the element of surprise and more. Bruce Wayne or any of the Bat Family aren't even at the the top ten, and that's being generous.

Whether Deathstroke can beat Batman in a fight is not the issue here. Many, many people can beat Batman in fights, it doesnt mean they are better martial artists. You dont seem to understand this simple idea.

Deathstroke is enhanced in many ways that makes him far superior physically to Bruce. DS is faster, stronger, more durable, and can think and heal faster than a normal human. He also has enhanced senses. These are not irrelevant things.

A lot of the people mentioned so far mostly win fights because they are physically very powerful, but otherwise show no special martial abilities... which they dont really need to have when you can just punch harder and faster than your opponents. Batman on the other hand has mastered almost every martial art there is, and can often outfight, outthink, and outstrategize superhumans, aliens, and supernatural creatures who vastly outclass him.

I do understand this, even in very detailed real-life application as well. Also, it's kinda of a meh response since we have to compare somehow, Bruce has the batsuit even if it's minor enhancements are not comparable with DS's, and DS is one of the biggest Mary Sues in melee that takes on entire teams of big names, and many on the battle section would side with him by reflex. Batman had advantages in all 4 fights as I already said, but Slade has 3:1 wins against him. Also, the enhanced brain thing counts here.

Secondly, Knowing all the current martial arts made by humans isn't all that impressive considering the question in the OP, I could name many characters with that like Yuujiro, Baki, or Muhamad Ali Jr who also invent new entire martial arts. DC's Karate Kid(Val) mastered thousands of arts from other planets, Batman One Million(who I am considering for the answer), not Bruce, mastered all martial arts in existence up until 853rd century. If this mattered I could have just chosen Neo(inside Matrix) who can download'em, check the thread in the anime vice link in the OP :). There are people in the UFC/M1/SF who had more martial arts in there arsenal that lost to others who had a couple of fighting styles, because they were just generally superior fighters or younger. If your argument was logical, then Sportsmaster and Tasky should dominate DC and Marvel since they can master any movment just by watching a youtube vid, weather it's cooking, musical instruments or fighting techniques,and as they say "those who can't do, teach", so taskmaster opened an academy for villains, lol, just a fun fact.

I know Bruce Wayne is excellent, but not him or anyone in the bat family is taking this title.

EDIT: btw, please don't mention the KK vs Batman fight for obvious reasons.

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

big boss bruce lee

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

big boss bruce lee

Tha is not fitcional, those movies are real even the Bruceploitation ones.

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC wise I gotta give it to Lady Shiva.

Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

@grift3r said:

DC wise I gotta give it to Lady Shiva.

That's a bold statement to put her ahead of both Slade Wilson and David Cain, and number 1. What would you rank for Marvel. Also, I wonder if someone has anything to add from Images or Dark horse. Also, where are the novel readers?

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Urban_Ronin

@killer_of_trolls: Slade Wilson is a badass but he's not a top level martial artist, not really. Not like Karate Kid, Batman One Million, Cass Cain, Batman, etc. He's a highly versatile h2h fighter but I dont think you can really count him as a martial artist in comparison with the more notables. And David Cain? She stomped him out (in his prime pre-drunkered days) while pregnant.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke is just a prime example of what most enhanced/meta-human should realistically do to Batman. Deathstroke is not a h2h expert like Batman, he's merely stronger, faster, more durable, and can analyze situations better. You can't beat someone who moves faster than you, thinks faster than you and punches harder than you. But that is besides that the point. Deathstroke is not Batman's equal when it comes to martial arts. Batman wiped the floor with Deathstroke when he was depowered.

Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman wiped the floor with Deathstroke when he was depowered.

She stomped him out (in his prime pre-drunkered days) while pregnant.

Can I have those scans pretty please?(Both of you)

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By _Grifter_

@quintus_knightfall said:

@killer_of_trolls: Slade Wilson is a badass but he's not a top level martial artist, not really. Not like Karate Kid, Batman One Million, Cass Cain, Batman, etc. He's a highly versatile h2h fighter but I dont think you can really count him as a martial artist in comparison with the more notables. And David Cain? She stomped him out (in his prime pre-drunkered days) while pregnant.

Quintus pretty much summed up why I placed her above both Slade and David. Even Bruce can't beat her in a straight fight. I'm pretty sure that almost every time Bruce faces her he's forced to resort some dirty underhanded tactics just to come out alive. Now, as of post 52 I have no idea if she's still a beast. As for Marvel....I'm leaning towards Shang Chi. As for Novels....I'm gonna go with the last Duncan Idaho Ghola.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf
deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#64  Edited By deadpoolrules

Ryu, but he's more established as a video game character. I would say Batman, but that's to obvious. So I'm going to go with...

No Caption Provided

Though he has superhuman powers, he is a skilled martial artist and often trains himself to face new opponents.

So true.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Batman,simply because he is the goddamn Batman.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Batman,simply because he is the goddamn Batman.

Was just thinking this myself. xD Tifa Lockhart's one of the coolest martial artist but I don't know how she'd rank against others.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista: Sabin would beat her *ss if you ask me... :D But I think she is on par with Zell and above Snow. In comparison to comicbooks, I think Sabin is around Karate Kid level and Tifa around Iron Fist level or slightly above.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@ssejllenrad: I always forget that Snow's a fighter lol. Then again, haven't played XIII since it came out. xD

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

venomyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised know one has mentioned that swordsmanship, archery ect. are considered martial arts. As it is this thread is to vague for me to decide we should limit to hand-to-hand martial arts.

TotalBalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By TotalBalance

My personal opinion as to the greatest fighting character, regardless of whatever anyone says:

No Caption Provided

Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quintus_knightfall: Nice! She's diffenately the best in DC's present day(probably not in far future like 1Mil) in my eyes now.

@omgomgwtfwtf: What happened between the 3rd and 4th scan. His mask is randomly off?!?! This looks out of context, and DS looks more impressive. You actually raised my expectations in Slade(if you what you're saying is true that he is depowered).

@venomyak said:

I'm surprised know one has mentioned that swordsmanship, archery ect. are considered martial arts. As it is this thread is to vague for me to decide we should limit to hand-to-hand martial arts.

No, we shouldn't! The thread name in AV has Martial Artist/fighter. So, we are deciding the best martial artist in both creativity and sportsmanship.

@grift3r said:

@quintus_knightfall said:

Quintus pretty much summed up why I placed her above both Slade and David. Even Bruce can't beat her in a straight fight. I'm pretty sure that almost every time Bruce faces her he's forced to resort some dirty underhanded tactics just to come out alive. Now, as of post 52 I have no idea if she's still a beast. As for Marvel....I'm leaning towards Shang Chi. As for Novels....I'm gonna go with the last Duncan Idaho Ghola.

I haven't read his own comics, but having Tasky one shotting The Cat who is Chi's main baddy really doesn't back up that statement. Furthermore, what's the guy from that Novel done, feats? I'm really taking this seriously.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

@frogdog: ROFLMAO, I agree that he's arguably the best in technique usage in the whole franchise. Yep, in the theoretical side he considerably outweighs Ken, Souther, and Raoh, however applied in a fight he won't beat any of them. He's more like those professors who did memorable research and teachings in there fields but haven't worked that much in it as a career. "those who can't do teach/write".

Since you made me laugh, here's in return:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Sun Wukong, greta Sage who is equal to heaven
Sun Wukong, greta Sage who is equal to heaven
Erlang Shen, God of Martial arts and the Third eye
Erlang Shen, God of Martial arts and the Third eye

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By King_Saturn

Dolemite

Rabidwolfdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

Snake Eyes!

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: Yeah, fought in wars and sh!t

came before as with how Hinduism inspired Buddhism

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might throw Neo's name in there.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@betatesthighlander1: Yeah, fought in wars and sh!t

came before as with how Hinduism inspired Buddhism

what are his feats?

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Nerx
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@betatesthighlander1: fought demon kings and nearly ate the sun if not for a god's intervention

The Monkey King took on most of heaven, which would include guys like Houyi (who killed nine suns in a day one time)

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Nerx

@betatesthighlander1: Houyi used a weapon to do so, the word Omnipotent is thrown around with Hanuman

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@betatesthighlander1: Houyi used a weapon to do so, the word Omnipotent is thrown around with Hanuman

Houyi pretty much always has his arrows on him

and is Hanuman really omnipotent because of his martial arts?

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@betatesthighlander1: he has that and martial arts

Loading Video...

he uses a mace though

what...what was that video?

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Nerx
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: just made by a randomer

but Hanuman is avatar of Shiva, so it might be cheating

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Bruce Leroy

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Bruce Leroy

I actually watched that movie three days ago, and I still loved it!

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@totalbalance: Dudley is probably the best boxing fighting game character... well either him or Vanessa from King of Fighters.

9dragons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By 9dragons

In Chinese mythology Sun Wukong aka Monkey King had both martial artist and magic at his disposal and fought thousands of god warriors for a brief period until his was swarm. If that isn't a feat I don't know what is. After he was overwhelmed he created 72 clones of himself and took down the ten thousand god warriors.

What is a god warrior? Basically marvel Hercules with iron fist martial arts skills.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#98  Edited By Joygirl

Anyone? Richard Dragon? Nobody?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By PrinceAragorn1
@nerx said:

@betatesthighlander1: fought demon kings and nearly ate the sun if not for a god's intervention

Late reply: He did that as a baby, because he thought sun was a fruit :D

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All he needs is his feat

No Caption Provided