Bavaria wanting independence from Germany

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So apparently Bavaria wants to have independence and brake free from Germany. Guess Britain and Germany have another thing in common, Both have states that want independence (Britain has Scotland and Germany has Bavaria).

Here's the video:

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't blame them. If I had to live under Angela Merkel, I'd want to secede too.

I believe that any region that wants independence (Catalonia, Texas, West Papua, etc) should be able to get it. So, if that's what their people want, I fully support them.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

I was just there two years ago. From what I understand this is just some fringe people, the majority population of Bavaria doesn't actually want to secede. People talk, but I don't see much coming of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't blame them. If I had to live under Angela Merkel, I'd want to secede too.

I believe that any region that wants independence (Catalonia, Texas, West Papua, etc) should be able to get it. So, if that's what their people want, I fully support them.

Texas could not seceed if they wanted to, it is against the law. They would have to go to war against the government to seceed.

If find it remarkable that the people in their senate have voted on it 4 times in the last 15 years.

Essentially they are voting on whether to commit treason, which is in and of itself a treasonous act, but then again I do not expect some rednecks voted in because of their connections to actually know the law.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterwhisper: I don't think wanting independence is inherently treasonous. If that's true, than America is an entire country of traitors for leaving the British empire.

Again, I'm not saying whether they should or should not become independent, I'm just saying that they're not traitors for wanting it anymore than George Washington and the Continental Congress were a group of traitors.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterwhisper: I don't think wanting independence is inherently treasonous. If that's true, than America is an entire country of traitors for leaving the British empire.

Again, I'm not saying whether they should or should not become independent, I'm just saying that they're not traitors for wanting it anymore than George Washington and the Continental Congress were a group of traitors.

America did commit treason when it left the British Empire.

In the constitution of the US it states that it is treason to try to secede.

Essentially Texas is voting on whether to commit treason, and as elected state officials that makes them voting to commit an act of treason, which is also an act of treason.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterwhisper: Well, I think that should be changed. If any region wants independence, I believe it should be allowed to have it, regardless of what a 226 year old piece of paper says. We've changed the constitution 27 times since then, who says we can't change it again.

We seem to have polar opposite views on this subject. You believe that wanting independence makes you a traitor, I believe that wanting your homeland to be free makes you a patriot, like George Washington, William Wallace, Mohandas Gandhi, Moses, or any of the other men who fought both violently and nonviolently to be free.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster:

I do not care one way or another about people wanting independence, however I am just pointing out the legality of it in the US.

Just because people are correct year and years later does not make them any less a criminal at the time they committed whatever acts they commit.

History is written by the people that won, not by the people who were correct.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterwhisper: If you're just going by the definition of traitor, then yes, I guess you are correct. But I think of traitor in a different way, so I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd like to point out Scotland do not want independence

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_: Now they are talking about independence again after Brexit.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod: and it's still a very small minority, Anyways majority f people I know from Scotland know it'll be a shit choice for Scotland

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_: @royal_warrior: It has been discussed that the reason Scotland decided to not become independent and stay with the UK was because if they left the UK they would have been able to remain with the EU.

Now that the UK as officially voted yes to brexit Scotland is apparently thinking of independence again since most of the no votes came from Scotland.

removekebab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope there's no war over it.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@removekebab said:

I highly don't there will be a war over this.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mortein  Online

Germany got Merkeled.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lunacyde  Moderator

There won't be a war.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod: but that's just false, EU has explicitly stated that Scotland would not be allowed to join even if they did get independence also London was a majority No and there was talk of London becoming a European capital which is will never happen

Scotland needs Uk ten times more than UK needs Scotland not to mention they're own natural resources wouldn't even be in their own hands

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@removekebab said:

There won't be a war.

Well actually there was already a war over this.

After WW1 Bavaria did attempt to brake free from Germany and become a communist nation like Russia, but it ultimately failed and only lasted 25 days.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lunacyde  Moderator

@jwwprod: Yes, but you can't compare current Germany and post WWI Germany. I mean you can compare, but it's apples to oranges.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@jwwprod: but that's just false, EU has explicitly stated that Scotland would not be allowed to join even if they did get independence also London was a majority No and there was talk of London becoming a European capital which is will never happen

Scotland needs Uk ten times more than UK needs Scotland not to mention they're own natural resources wouldn't even be in their own hands

@giliad_ said:

I'd like to point out Scotland do not want independence

Please do not post factually incorrect statements about other countries, thank you.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not surprising.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Doesn't pretty much most of the major European countries have an independence movement at this stage?

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mrmonster said:

Texas could not seceed if they wanted to, it is against the law. They would have to go to war against the government to seceed.

If find it remarkable that the people in their senate have voted on it 4 times in the last 15 years.

Essentially they are voting on whether to commit treason, which is in and of itself a treasonous act, but then again I do not expect some rednecks voted in because of their connections to actually know the law.

Isn't that sort of against the point of the United States of America?

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@jwwprod: Yes, but you can't compare current Germany and post WWI Germany. I mean you can compare, but it's apples to oranges.

You have a point.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: It's not incorrect - saying Scotland want independence implicitly states that a majority of the citizens and/or government want to be independent. That's not the case, I imagine a smaller number want to leave at this point even with the referendum vote.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@giliad_: Saying Scotland as a whole doesn't want independence is factually incorrect. You have no idea what the current majority is.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Laughable. Nobody who takes this seriously knows anything about German politics.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Laughable. Nobody who takes this seriously knows anything about German politics.

Ratava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol bs

bavaria doesnt want to seperate itself from germany

iirc theres a little party known as "Bayernpartei" (~5000 member) that want an independent Bavaria....

they even tried to get a petition into the parliament but only got ~7000 votes

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers