Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Some firebending moves that aren't "just kickboxing"

No Caption Provided

I'm not always sure how to respond to people who criticize her firebending that way-cause it's not like firebending in ATLA wasn't largely punches and kicks as well

Gaztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

I'm not always sure how to respond to people who criticize her firebending that way-cause it's not like firebending in ATLA wasn't largely punches and kicks as well

Well yeah. Firebending is the element of attack attack attack. That's why Iroh and Zuko being able to redirect lightning was such a big deal. Because even the best firebenders like Ozai and Azula still pretty much did direct strikes or bigger direct strikes or faster multi direct strikes.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

Well yeah. Firebending is the element of attack attack attack. That's why Iroh and Zuko being able to redirect lightning was such a big deal. Because even the best firebenders like Ozai and Azula still pretty much did direct strikes or bigger direct strikes or faster multi direct strikes.

Exactly. People sometimes act like it wasn't largely direct attack, but it was

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawt

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: You should update this with stuff from fighting Hundun

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: You should update this with stuff from fighting Hundun

Yeah I guess that is canon, might be good

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Arcus1

Been making some updated gifs in response to seeing some of the "Korra has no skill, just throws the elements, etc" again. Thought we were over that, but I like making gifs, so...

Anyway here you go

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: Might want to use spoilers lol

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Arcus1

As a reminder that Korra is, first and foremost, Water Tribe

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: You should totally make one for Tenzin :p

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nicely done.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great thread. You gonna continue or you gonna stop this? Also my point on why Korra is the better bender imo only. I respect if you think Aang is the better fighter.

Personally, from what we seen from Korra, she would beat Aang more than Aang would beat her.

Korra overall have better control over the element in general. Water and Fire is Korra's best elements, she surpass Aang here with relative ease here (except maybe the end of first season of ATLA but wasn't that an amped Aang with the help of the moon spirit or something, correct me if I am wrong, but either way, he has not shown anything remotely close to it after and Korra has). Earth I say they are pretty even. Aang surpass her in Air (DUH). But then Korra has more to work with since she can heal and has metalbending, something Aang has no real experience against (unless he sparred with Toph when she was chief of police and Aang wanted to have experience fighting metal benders but we know he never learned how to do it). Both have spirit bending and I would say Korra's is a bit superior since well, she has better feats. Aang never really learned to go into the avatar state at will (did he in comics though, not sure if he ever learned but he could in his late 30's though as shown in LOK when she was taken by Tarllok(help me with the name plz, not sure how it's spelled)). I can see both coming out as the winner though I would give Korra the slight majority due to superior bending.

While I am not really a fan of Aang (he was a whiny little asshole and most likely a pedophile, due to him being 100+ y/o being with Katara who is at the start of the show 12 y/o and most likely in her early teens at least at the end of the show, start of the comics, just pointing it out there, and no him being in an iceberg doesn't change anything, he was still born 100 years before her no matter what argument you make, and this is much worse than in the Twilight books I must remind you). Back on topic, I think that while Korra would win the majority, he is a good Avatar (in terms of bending). The problem with him is he is much more straight forward in his approach. Sure, he isn't reckless as Korra but his attacks are straight forward, this is the reason why Azula and Mai and Ty Lee always got the better of him.

While Korra doesn't put that much "power" into her attacks, she fight's with more precision, better control over the elements. She applies martial arts into her fighting and focus more on defend then attack or attack then instantly defend. She also combines the element's more, as stated in this thread, than Aang ever did. She go into fights not prepared and can be reckless as I said before but that can also be one of her greatest strength's. Korra's style of fighting is above Aang's since Aang is more brute force than technique (except when it comes to Air bending). While Korra is more technique than brute force. She use brute force sometimes but not as often as Aang and only when she needs to do it.

Did I mention Korra can go in and out of the Avatar State while Aang cannot at will? Korra held her own against Zaheer when she was poisoned, she was about to lose, but Aang would have lost too if he was poisoned. Nothing that shows otherwise. I feel Korra is the better Avatar overall with skill and as a character.

P.S: Not related here but I hate Katara/Aang and was I the only one hoping for after the show Azula/Katara or was that just weird of me?

DSkillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By DSkillz

@arcus1: Hello, I've had an account here at Comic Vine for years, but only recently have I felt compelled to post here. I personally like Aang more as a character, but I often end up sticking up for Korra in Avatar-related debates because she is quite often underestimated.

Interesting respect thread you've got here, arcus1. Were you considering also making gifs for Korra's Avatar State bending at some point? I can think of at least a few that could compare quite favorably to the other Avatars.

@arcus1 said:
@koays said:

@arcus: true, but I also feel that where he does have more technical skill her power feats vastly surpass..I mean she through a wall

He's got stronger feats in terms of airbending and earthbending (though earthbending is closer, especially after the finale). They only element I'd say he decisively has over her is airbending

I'd actually argue that Korra's airbending is probably equal in power to Aang's, in and out of the Avatar State (if not equal in skill). Note that Aang's most powerful airbending feats involved him either charging up an airbending attack or using the Avatar State, while Korra almost never does either when she airbends.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Arcus1

@DSkillz said:

@arcus1: Hello, I've had an account here at Comic Vine for years, but only recently have I felt compelled to post here. I personally like Aang more as a character, but I often end up sticking up for Korra in Avatar-related debates because she is quite often underestimated.

Interesting respect thread you've got here, arcus1. Were you considering also making gifs for Korra's Avatar State bending at some point? I can think of at least a few that could compare quite favorably to the other Avatars.

Thanks, glad you liked it. I might add some AS gifs when I get the chance

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Earthbending

Power

Earth is Korra's weakest element, but she's still a respectably powerful earthbender.

Earth wave against Tarrlok.
Earth wave against Tarrlok.
Overpowering multiple metalbending cops and controlling large amounts of earth.
Overpowering multiple metalbending cops and controlling large amounts of earth.
Craters the ground to destroy the council room.
Craters the ground to destroy the council room.
Picks up 5 boulders several times larger than she is and launches them across a city block.
Picks up 5 boulders several times larger than she is and launches them across a city block.
Summoning three boulders from a distance for a side attack against Unalaq. Each boulder dwarfs him.
Summoning three boulders from a distance for a side attack against Unalaq. Each boulder dwarfs him.
Bigger earth wave against the chi-blockers.
Bigger earth wave against the chi-blockers.
Makes a large earth wall.
Makes a large earth wall.
Casually sends motorcycles flying.
Casually sends motorcycles flying.
Rotates an entire wall 180 degrees.
Rotates an entire wall 180 degrees.
Launches several boulders multiple times larger than she is across a city block...
Launches several boulders multiple times larger than she is across a city block...
...After lifting them up a building.
...After lifting them up a building.

In terms of pure earthbending, she's probably the fifth most powerful earthbender in the verse (after Bumi, Roku, Toph, and Aang).

Skill & Environmental Attacks

In terms of skill, earth is Korra's weakest element, but she's no novice (many of the above gifs could apply here too, but I'll avoid them for the sake of avoiding repetition).

One shots three chi-blockers with pillars she makes with a kick.
One shots three chi-blockers with pillars she makes with a kick.
One shots the Lieutenant with a surprise earthbending attack.
One shots the Lieutenant with a surprise earthbending attack.
Shield/redirect maneuver.
Shield/redirect maneuver.
Earth jumping.
Earth jumping.
Launching a guy fifty feet in the air.
Launching a guy fifty feet in the air.
While most earthbenders use earth jumps for huge but unwieldy jumps, Korra uses a small one for a quick boost.
While most earthbenders use earth jumps for huge but unwieldy jumps, Korra uses a small one for a quick boost.
Rotates the ground under a guy's feet.
Rotates the ground under a guy's feet.
Uses earthbending to slow her descent.
Uses earthbending to slow her descent.
More earth jumping.
More earth jumping.

Overall, Korra's earthbending provides a nice boost in versatility, especially because of the environmental attacks.

Metalbending

Korra lacks metalbending experience, but she's still skilled enough for it to be a very relevant factor even against masters like Kuvira.

Closing a metal door with metalbending, then opening the roof of the train car.
Closing a metal door with metalbending, then opening the roof of the train car.
Using waterbending-esque redirection to counter Kuvira's metalbending offense.
Using waterbending-esque redirection to counter Kuvira's metalbending offense.
She bent metal poison out of her body.
She bent metal poison out of her body.
Removing Kuvira's strip.
Removing Kuvira's strip.
Environmental metalbending attack with a stomp.
Environmental metalbending attack with a stomp.
Kicking away a meteor and snaring Wei with a cable.
Kicking away a meteor and snaring Wei with a cable.

Overall, Korra's metalbending isn't a huge factor against most opponents, but it's an invaluable tool against other metalbenders.

Firebending

Skill

Fire is Korra's most used element (although by EOS air rivals it), and she's got plenty of skill to show for it.

Korra is capable of breathing fire. Notice how the fire plume is larger than she is.
Korra is capable of breathing fire. Notice how the fire plume is larger than she is.
She can use firejets to wall run.
She can use firejets to wall run.
In a vastly weaker version than prime, she creates a fire saw that cuts a Spirit Vine in half (to save Mako).
In a vastly weaker version than prime, she creates a fire saw that cuts a Spirit Vine in half (to save Mako).
Fire breakdance.
Fire breakdance.
What appears to be an airspout+firejets combo.
What appears to be an airspout+firejets combo.
Creates a fire shield that completely evaporates a massive blast from Unalaq.
Creates a fire shield that completely evaporates a massive blast from Unalaq.
Firejets that are among the best in the verse.
Firejets that are among the best in the verse.

Fire may not be Korra's best element, but that doesn't mean she's not very skilled with it.

Power

When it comes to firebending, Korra's up there with best when it comes to sheer power.

One shots several chi-blockers with an explosive fireblast.
One shots several chi-blockers with an explosive fireblast.
Destroys metal chains with firebending.
Destroys metal chains with firebending.
Creates a massive fireblast that dwarfs her and even Tenzin.
Creates a massive fireblast that dwarfs her and even Tenzin.
Creates a massive fireblast that dwarfs Unalaq.
Creates a massive fireblast that dwarfs Unalaq.
Casually creates an explosive blast that sends fodder that aren't even hit flying.
Casually creates an explosive blast that sends fodder that aren't even hit flying.
Fire saw again, cutting through a spirit vine.
Fire saw again, cutting through a spirit vine.
Undoubtedly her best move in terms of sheer power, Korra is able to create an airship sized blast with a mere moment of charging.
Undoubtedly her best move in terms of sheer power, Korra is able to create an airship sized blast with a mere moment of charging.
Creates two massive blasts that dwarf Unalaq's water spout.
Creates two massive blasts that dwarf Unalaq's water spout.

Overall, I think it's clear that Korra is a very powerful firebender, with both greater scale and potency.

Fire Negation

Probably Korra's greatest asset when it comes to an Agni Kai is her fire negation abilities.

Negates several smaller blasts, then a larger one bigger than her body. She then finishes with a massive blast that propels her luckless opponent onto a roof.
Negates several smaller blasts, then a larger one bigger than her body. She then finishes with a massive blast that propels her luckless opponent onto a roof.
Negates Two-Toed Ping's large fire blast, and shows she can cut off firebending by simply grabbing her opponent's hands.
Negates Two-Toed Ping's large fire blast, and shows she can cut off firebending by simply grabbing her opponent's hands.
Negates smaller blasts rapidly.
Negates smaller blasts rapidly.
Charges straight through a large firebending attack from the WL.
Charges straight through a large firebending attack from the WL.
Negates a blast larger than her body, then uses circular negation to stop a combined attack.
Negates a blast larger than her body, then uses circular negation to stop a combined attack.

Overall, Korra's negation abilities are a crucial advantage against other firebenders, and good enough to last a while in any fire duel.

Airbending

Power

In terms of raw power, Korra is probably the second or third strongest airbender we've seen (Aang and maybe Roku are stronger).

A massively weakened version of Korra can shatter the ground with her airblasts.
A massively weakened version of Korra can shatter the ground with her airblasts.
After weakening it beforehand, Korra sends a metal hatch flying off it's hinges with airbending.
After weakening it beforehand, Korra sends a metal hatch flying off it's hinges with airbending.
With very little charging, Korra creates an airblast so powerful that it pushes the Colossus through buildings (with some help, but it was clearly the main factor, considering the other airblasts didn't move the Colossus at all until Korra joined in). Few benders can match this level of power.
With very little charging, Korra creates an airblast so powerful that it pushes the Colossus through buildings (with some help, but it was clearly the main factor, considering the other airblasts didn't move the Colossus at all until Korra joined in). Few benders can match this level of power.

This isn't Korra's only feat on this level of power either:

Airbends the airship out of the sand.
Airbends the airship out of the sand.

In addition to great offense, Korra's power provides exceptional defensive options:

Her air shield completely no-sells an explosion.
Her air shield completely no-sells an explosion.

Korra is a very powerful airbender, and not one to be trifled with.

Skill

Korra often gets a bad reputation as someone who just throws the elements around, but she's actually a very skilled airbender with the feats to prove it:

Creates an
Creates an "air pillow" under Asami mid-air (from the comic teaser).
Creates a vortex to slam two of Kuvira's supporters into the ceiling.
Creates a vortex to slam two of Kuvira's supporters into the ceiling.
Creates a pressurized air sphere to save team Avatar (and Wu).
Creates a pressurized air sphere to save team Avatar (and Wu).
Airbending defense against Kuvira's strips.
Airbending defense against Kuvira's strips.
Air-vortex thing (not sure what to call it), then one shots two guards that were individually able to give good fights to Lin and nearly beat restricted Mako and Bolin.
Air-vortex thing (not sure what to call it), then one shots two guards that were individually able to give good fights to Lin and nearly beat restricted Mako and Bolin.
Incorporating circular movements into her airbending.
Incorporating circular movements into her airbending.
Knocking away Kuvira's metal attack with airbending.
Knocking away Kuvira's metal attack with airbending.
Korra can use the air scooter. She has a feat of doing this in the show (her air scooter race at the beginning of S2, before she cheats by using the Avatar State), but unfortunately I can't find it.
Korra can use the air scooter. She has a feat of doing this in the show (her air scooter race at the beginning of S2, before she cheats by using the Avatar State), but unfortunately I can't find it.
Burrito wrapping a would-be assassin using a banner and airbending.
Burrito wrapping a would-be assassin using a banner and airbending.
Jumping down to the vehicle with airbending, then using airbending to pull the driver away from the wheel.
Jumping down to the vehicle with airbending, then using airbending to pull the driver away from the wheel.
Creates a vortex around Mako and shows great control over it.
Creates a vortex around Mako and shows great control over it.
Creates a vortex to move the sand sailer. Also a nice endurance feat, considering how long she maintains it.
Creates a vortex to move the sand sailer. Also a nice endurance feat, considering how long she maintains it.
Compare her and Tenzin.
Compare her and Tenzin.

Overall, Korra's a fairly versatile airbender, giving her some extra options in this fight should she need them.

Mobility Enhancement

Airbending's specialty has always been mobility enhancement, and Korra shines here as well:

Basic air amped agility.
Basic air amped agility.
Korra's shown repeated usage of spouts. Here, she creates one fast enough to avoid a massive attack from Unalaq.
Korra's shown repeated usage of spouts. Here, she creates one fast enough to avoid a massive attack from Unalaq.
Air enhanced agility, with enough power to shatter an earthbending attack. Also takes down two officers quickly while in mid-air.
Air enhanced agility, with enough power to shatter an earthbending attack. Also takes down two officers quickly while in mid-air.
Dodges a Spirit Laser using an airspout.
Dodges a Spirit Laser using an airspout.
Uses an airspout to ascend the Colossus.
Uses an airspout to ascend the Colossus.
Basic air amped agility.
Basic air amped agility.
Moves exactly like Tenzin to get on an air bison.
Moves exactly like Tenzin to get on an air bison.

Korra's airbending gives her great mobility, an often crucial factor in many fights.

Waterbending

Power

In terms of sheer power, Korra is possibly the strongest waterbender in the verse, and in the top five overall benders.

Episode 1 Korra can casually create a large icewall with a gesture without even looking.
Episode 1 Korra can casually create a large icewall with a gesture without even looking.
Casually bends a titanic amount of ice into three ice spikes that she threads between the fingers of the Colossus.
Casually bends a titanic amount of ice into three ice spikes that she threads between the fingers of the Colossus.
Creates a 25 story column of water and flash freezes it instantly with minimal charging and no strain whatsoever.
Creates a 25 story column of water and flash freezes it instantly with minimal charging and no strain whatsoever.
Her ice shields outright no-sell an attack that moments previously one-shotted AS earthbending.
Her ice shields outright no-sell an attack that moments previously one-shotted AS earthbending.
Creates a colossal waterspout that towers over the nearby ships, then bends a large ice spike from the top of it.
Creates a colossal waterspout that towers over the nearby ships, then bends a large ice spike from the top of it.
Creates a massive sphere of water that completely overpowers Eska and Desna, themselves very powerful waterbenders.
Creates a massive sphere of water that completely overpowers Eska and Desna, themselves very powerful waterbenders.
Probably the best waterbending feat in the verse. With a moment of charging, Korra creates monumental 25 story tidal waves that have enough force to stagger and force back the Colossus (which casually shrugs through buildings). She then flash freezes this absurd quantity of water (easily the verse's best flash freezing feat). This flash freeze restrains the Colossus for longer than the Beifongs and Bolin dropping the top of a building on it did, with far less effort.
Probably the best waterbending feat in the verse. With a moment of charging, Korra creates monumental 25 story tidal waves that have enough force to stagger and force back the Colossus (which casually shrugs through buildings). She then flash freezes this absurd quantity of water (easily the verse's best flash freezing feat). This flash freeze restrains the Colossus for longer than the Beifongs and Bolin dropping the top of a building on it did, with far less effort.

Korra's power with waterbending is incredibly high, allowing her to flat out overpower almost any bender if she has enough water.

Skill

In addition to being her strongest element, it's also Korra's best, and she is without a doubt a master waterbender.

Korra picked up Spiritbending just from watching Unalaq.
Korra picked up Spiritbending just from watching Unalaq.

Korra is a capable healer, learning from Katara herself.
Korra is a capable healer, learning from Katara herself.
Korra is also a capable steambender.
Korra is also a capable steambender.
Water rings. Also, waterbending with her legs.
Water rings. Also, waterbending with her legs.
Quick waterbending environmental attack with her legs.
Quick waterbending environmental attack with her legs.
Massive ice spikes against Amon.
Massive ice spikes against Amon.
Ripping this poor guy's leg out from under him with a water whip, then bouncing him up and down like a beachball.
Ripping this poor guy's leg out from under him with a water whip, then bouncing him up and down like a beachball.
Redirecting a torpedo.
Redirecting a torpedo.
Redirecting a waterblast.
Redirecting a waterblast.
Waterspouts, water arms, and flash freezes.
Waterspouts, water arms, and flash freezes.
Ice slides.
Ice slides.
Breaking through an ice wall, ice slides, and redirecting a snowmobile.
Breaking through an ice wall, ice slides, and redirecting a snowmobile.
Good control over her spout, moving the top to avoid Desna's water attack. The spout itself is a master level move.
Good control over her spout, moving the top to avoid Desna's water attack. The spout itself is a master level move.
Snow sliding.
Snow sliding.
She can isolate objects in an underwater environment to provide oxygen.
She can isolate objects in an underwater environment to provide oxygen.
More water transport stuff. Note the distance she's moving at that speed.
More water transport stuff. Note the distance she's moving at that speed.
My personal favorite skill showing, expanding the base of her spout into a massive orb.
My personal favorite skill showing, expanding the base of her spout into a massive orb.
Redirecting Unalaq's arm to yank him from his spout.
Redirecting Unalaq's arm to yank him from his spout.

To make a long story short, if you want to pick on Korra, you'd better be sure you can handle a wide variety of extremely powerful master level waterbending moves.

Physicals & H2H

Speed

Korra is extremely fast, and has great feats in both reaction speed and combat speed, and she's firmly in the upper tier of the avatarverse.

Lightning-timing. Note her clear superiority to Mako and Bolin.
Lightning-timing. Note her clear superiority to Mako and Bolin.
Keeps up with, reacts to, and tags a Dark Spirit with actual super-speed. Unfortunately, she couldn't hurt it, but still a great showing all around.
Keeps up with, reacts to, and tags a Dark Spirit with actual super-speed. Unfortunately, she couldn't hurt it, but still a great showing all around.
Casually catching a cable after it's fired at point blank range in episode 1 of the series.
Casually catching a cable after it's fired at point blank range in episode 1 of the series.
Even sick Korra (who's so far below regular Korra it's not even funny) can casually time attacks Mako struggles with.
Even sick Korra (who's so far below regular Korra it's not even funny) can casually time attacks Mako struggles with.
Perhaps Korra's most well known feat, casually timing a surprise explosion at point blank range.
Perhaps Korra's most well known feat, casually timing a surprise explosion at point blank range.
I basically chose this gif at random, but Korra kept up with Kuvira (an extremely fast bender) just fine in the finale, even out hitting her 4-3.
I basically chose this gif at random, but Korra kept up with Kuvira (an extremely fast bender) just fine in the finale, even out hitting her 4-3.

Overall, Korra is rarely going to struggle with her opponent's because of speed.

Agility

While not quite as agile as the previous Avatar, Korra is still quite the acrobat when it suits her.

Casual one handed flips.
Casual one handed flips.
Flips away from Kuvira's attempt at kicking her.
Flips away from Kuvira's attempt at kicking her.
Probably Korra's best feat, backflipping through a massive barrage of ice projectiles, only being tagged when she ran out of room.
Probably Korra's best feat, backflipping through a massive barrage of ice projectiles, only being tagged when she ran out of room.
Dodging through spinning airbending gates.
Dodging through spinning airbending gates.
Combining agility in dodging a large pro-bending assault while simultaneously attacking.
Combining agility in dodging a large pro-bending assault while simultaneously attacking.
Dodges a whole bunch of spammed attacks from Unalaq.
Dodges a whole bunch of spammed attacks from Unalaq.
Dodging through waterblasts.
Dodging through waterblasts.

Overall, Korra's natural agility is very good, and she can dodge many attacks without even needing bending.

Durability

As Lin Beifong once said, Korra's tough as nails, and can take a lot of hits before going down.

Tanks a massive toss from a Dark Spirit.
Tanks a massive toss from a Dark Spirit.
Tanks another hit from the Dark Spirit that sends her flying. It takes a third to actually put Korra down.
Tanks another hit from the Dark Spirit that sends her flying. It takes a third to actually put Korra down.
Tanks a shot from Eska and recovers mid air. Eska can one-shot speedboats with her water attacks. It also shows that she can form her airspout mid-air.
Tanks a shot from Eska and recovers mid air. Eska can one-shot speedboats with her water attacks. It also shows that she can form her airspout mid-air.
Tanks an energy blast from Vaatu and the follow up slam.
Tanks an energy blast from Vaatu and the follow up slam.
Korra tanks this. The initial slam dents the metal, then she's ground straight through it for several seconds, then slammed through another metal console. She then gets up quickly enough to dodge Kuvira's (who again is extremely fast) follow up.
Korra tanks this. The initial slam dents the metal, then she's ground straight through it for several seconds, then slammed through another metal console. She then gets up quickly enough to dodge Kuvira's (who again is extremely fast) follow up.
This is more of a pain tolerance feat, but Korra was able to force metal poison through the pores in her skin without passing out. That's pretty hard core.
This is more of a pain tolerance feat, but Korra was able to force metal poison through the pores in her skin without passing out. That's pretty hard core.

Overall, Korra can afford to make a mistake and tank a hit if she needs to.

Strength

Korra is extremely strong, with the high end strength feats to beat down many opponents.

Casually ragdolling grown men covered in metal with kicks.
Casually ragdolling grown men covered in metal with kicks.
Easily lifts a man with one hand.
Easily lifts a man with one hand.
Lifts Tenzin+airbabies, and lifts Bataar Jr. one handed with no effort.
More ragdolling with both her kicks and physical strength.
More ragdolling with both her kicks and physical strength.
And she can amp her strength to beyond its already high levels with airbending.
And she can amp her strength to beyond its already high levels with airbending.

In addition to being very strong, Korra can use her strength, which brings me to my next section.

H2H Skill

In addition to being very strong, Korra is also an extremely skilled martial artist.

Dodging out the Lieutenant.
Dodging out the Lieutenant.
Tossing the Lieutenant.
Tossing the Lieutenant.
Dancing around the Lieutenant's blows.
Dancing around the Lieutenant's blows.
Landing a devastating elbow strike on the Lieutenant that sets him up for her finisher.
Landing a devastating elbow strike on the Lieutenant that sets him up for her finisher.

Keep in mind, the Lieutenant himself is highly skilled (he solo'd S1 Mako and Bolin with ease, and is the number 3 [after Amon and Hiroshi] person in the Equalists, an organization full of skilled nonbenders). He also had a reach advantage and the ability to one-shot Korra in this fight, and yet she still beat him. That alone places her on a high tier of H2H skill, but it's not her only feat:

Easily knocking away the bandit leader.
Easily knocking away the bandit leader.
Taking down the Equalist bouncer with a scarf.
Taking down the Equalist bouncer with a scarf.
Leg tossing Kuvira.
Leg tossing Kuvira.

Overall, Korra is a very skilled CQC combatant, which combined with her top tier bending and physical abilities, rounds her out as one of the most well rounded fighters in the avatarverse.

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic

If you do want to do a Korra CaV, I compiled most of her notable feats in various categories in the post above this one.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mial42 said:

@tektonic

If you do want to do a Korra CaV, I compiled most of her notable feats in various categories in the post above this one.

Thanks, I do have my own Korra stash of feats, and I also used Venge's opener in his Korra vs Katara CaV for quick reference, but I will definitely refer to this from now on as well if I need things you focused on. Great job as always.

DSkillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh, why didn't I get a new post alert for this?

Strength

Like the thread's TC, you seem to be using Korra's non-Avatar-State feats, so I would't count lifting Bataar, Jr. and chair one-handed among them if I were you. She went into the AS just before lifting him, so that lift is pretty clearly a case of her using the non-continuous Avatar State, where an Avatar goes into the AS briefly to give him/herself a quick power boost and maintains that boost momentarily after coming out of the AS.

Randver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Firebending was her get go element."

No it wasn't. She never had any preference and used all the elements equally.

DSkillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randver:

@randver said:

"Firebending was her get go element."

No it wasn't. She never had any preference and used all the elements equally.

You clearly don't remember Book 1 or the first half of Book 2, bruh. Back then, Korra easily resorted to fire more than anything else when she was in a pinch.

Randver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DSkillz: No. Not really. She wasn't even allowed to use anything but waterbending during the pro-bending matches, she used water at every opportunity and when water wasn't around in Book 1, she mostly resorted to earth and fire. The only times she only resorted to fire was her first fight with the chi-blockers (because earthbending wasn't very effective in that situation) and when she fought the lieutenant on the roof (since they were standing on nothing but glass, fire was the only option. Although she did utilize airbending techniques throughout that fight)

As for the first half of Book 2. I admit she used quite a lot of fire against that dark spirit in the first episode despite being surrounded by earth and snow (though she used airbending to keep her distance), but since she hadn't learned spiritbending yet, offensive maneuvers (which firebending is mostly about) was kind of the best option available. In the Civil War arc, she barely used any firebending (after all, she was mostly focusing on developing her peacemaking skills), she only used it twice in Peacekeepers and she wasn't even present in The Sting.

Unlike Aang, who favoured airbending. Korra never had any favourite or preferred element, mostly because she discovered she was the Avatar at a very young age and was able to utilize three of them right away. And while it's true that earlier in the series, she sometimes spammed fire when fighting someone, it was never her go to element. But rather her go to tactics were offensive maneuvers. But that changed when she became more mature and patient and started to use all kinds of tactics and used all the elements equally and only went for the element/strategy she deemed best to deal with the situation.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna bump this with some comic feats for Korra

Airbending:

Skillfully catches both herself and Asami in an air bubble to counter their fall
Taking out 2 firebenders in one move
Taking out a waterbender with an airspout attack
Taking out a waterbender with an airspout attack
Engaging an Earth Empire mech, they were fighting off panel between these two shots, and I believe this is the same mech she trapped with metalbending (see that section), but it's not entirely clear, so make of it what you will
Using the air scooter to keep pace with a motorcycle
Using the air scooter to keep pace with a motorcycle
Knocking Tokuga away with a non-linear attack (instead of just shooting a blast of air at him, she controlled the air from a different direction, making it more notable, imo). She then creates air bubbles for herself and Asami, which she maintains while doing other stuff
Knocking Tokuga away with a non-linear attack (instead of just shooting a blast of air at him, she controlled the air from a different direction, making it more notable, imo). She then creates air bubbles for herself and Asami, which she maintains while doing other stuff
Dodging Tokuga's attack (from behind her) and tagging him with an air blast
Dodging Tokuga's attack (from behind her) and tagging him with an air blast

Earthbending/Metalbending:

Countering an earthbender's attack and sending him flying
Redirecting attacks from multiple earthbenders
Redirecting attacks from multiple earthbenders
Taking down an Earth Empire mech with metalbending
Taking down an Earth Empire mech with metalbending
Trapping Tokuga
Trapping Tokuga

Waterbending:

Flash freezing a firebender. While there was another waterbender present who had just attacked Asami, that waterbender was only carrying a water pouch, which wouldn't be enough water to complete a whole flash freeze like this. Thus, it would seem that Korra was drawing water from the plants (or perhaps the atmosphere)
Flash freezing a firebender. While there was another waterbender present who had just attacked Asami, that waterbender was only carrying a water pouch, which wouldn't be enough water to complete a whole flash freeze like this. Thus, it would seem that Korra was drawing water from the plants (or perhaps the atmosphere)

Firebending

Showcasing precision by slicing the vines trapping Ikki without burning her
Showcasing precision by slicing the vines trapping Ikki without burning her
Using the classing breakdancing move to keep vines at bay
Using the classing breakdancing move to keep vines at bay

Ruins of the Empire Part 1 didn't have any particularly notable feats for her, but as the comics continue I'll be sure to add feats